NATION

PASSWORD

'Enforcer' Shockmace

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Lyras
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

'Enforcer' Shockmace

Postby Lyras » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:15 pm

'Enforcer' Shockmace – Protectorate of Lyras

Specifications
Overall length: 540mm
Shaft length: 185mm
Shaft diameter: 30mm
Head length: 120mm
Head diameter: 55mm
Head cross-section: Circular
Handle composition: Screw-fastened, matte-finished kraton polyamide
Guard: Short-circular anhedral
Weight: 2120g

Background
Lyran maintenance of internal law and order has, over the four centuries of the Protectorate's existence, become well known. Not a single riot or major civil disturbance has been recorded over the two hundred years that Lyras has endured. Which, almost as one would expect, made Lyran personnel tremendously ill-equipped and ill-prepared for the widescale civil disturbances that followed their annexation of western Fehnmar during the First Lyro-Fehnmari War. Combat troops, belonging to the 6401st battalion of the 19th Order, stationed in Dexter, were called in to quell looting and aggressive civil disobedience. Unused to police work, and taking casualties from rocks and molotov cocktails, the 6401st eventually resorted to firing into the crowd, resulting in the St Patrick's Day Massacre. 92 people were killed, several times that wounded. While the inquest held at the direction of the Warmarshal exonerated the Lyran personnel and their commanders of wrongdoing, the situation was far from acceptable. As a side note, the perception of dishonour lingered to the extent that, three years later, the officer that commanded the 6401st battalion during the incident committed suicide.

With this, the need to bring forceful but non-lethal order to unruly mobs, in mind (and the possibly lucrative export markets), the Protectorate Research and Development Commission was directed to develop the most effective forms of crowd-control and policing equipment that it could. Specifically of interest were means and equipment with which personnel could deploy in response to disturbances, engage with hostile lightly armed or unarmed civilians, and render the situation pacified.

One of the items developed for the purpose was the 'Enforcer' shockmace. The weapon is a synthesis of a cattleprod and baton, and they have become standard issue to embassies, military police units and other formations within Lyras, and are also used by a growing number of non-Lyran units throughout the world.

Design
The shockmace is, for all intents and purposes, a police baton wrapped around a cattleprod. A high density rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery bank in the handle provides power when turned on, and the head of the mace has five pairs of electrodes, with the circuitry running in parallel along the inside of the weapon's shaft. High voltage (~20,000V) is mixed with a relatively low amplitude, which provides for a debilitating but rarely fatal electric shock upon contact. One pair of electrodes is situated at the tip, as in a cattleprod, with the remaining four situated symetrically around the mace's head. The internal electrics are isolated from each other to prevent short circuiting, and a triple-redundant fuse system is located adjacent to the battery packs for easy fuse changing. Should the batteries run dry, or the electrodes fail completely, then the shockmace doubles as a conventional baton with no loss of performance or function. Similarly, the weapon can be used while in the 'off' mode, in an identical fashion to any blunt weapon.

The weapon's psychological impact has been maximised by the use of an initiator switch, which causes the weapon to visibly produce an electric arc and loud crackling, a feature which, in testing, has been shown to generate considerable morale and psychological effect.

The handle is an ergonomic, ambidextrous kraton polyamide. The kraton, a synthetic substitute for rubber, features notably higher grip, chemical-, heat- and corrosion-resistance and ease of manufacture, when compared to rubber, plastic, wood or leather. Kraton is elastometric, allowing the handle to return to shape after being subjected to deformative force. The handle assembly is screwed into the full tang haft of the mace, and can (using an allen key and considerable effort) be removed in case of damage or wear. At the base of the handle is a glass-breaker, which also doubles as a lanyard loop.

Just below the guard (above the handgrip and immediately adjacent to the power toggle) is a small digital readout which indicates how much power remains in the battery pack. At full power, there exists sufficient energy in the batteries for nearly half an hour of continuous discharge, and many times longer in stand-by (on, but not discharging) mode. The rechargers (which come with the shockmace as standard) are compatible with the 240V AC outlet common to most Lyran and many Lamonian and Yanitarian vehicles, as well as the TPFian 'Barghest' HIFV. The pouch, designed to hold the rechargers and allen key, is fitted with plasticised straps and velcro adaptors to allow it to be mounted onto the load bearing systems common to armour-wearing groups as well as conventional utility-belt style equipment holders.

Export
Upon purchase of a shockmace, the purchaser will receive;
1 x 'Enforcer' shockmace
1 x belt loop
2 x lanyard
2 x rechargers (240V AC)
1 x allen key
1 x utility pouch

The 'Enforcer' shockmace is available from Lyran Arms at a total cost of NS$120 each.
DPRs can be purchased at NS$900m
Mokastana: Then Lyras happened.

Allanea: Wanting to avoid fighting Lyras' fuck-huge military is also a reasonable IC consideration

TPF: Who is stupid enough to attack a Lyran convoy?

Sumer: Honestly, I'd rather face Doom's military with Doom having a 3-1 advantage over me, than take a 1-1 fight with a well-supplied Lyran tank unit.

Kinsgard: RL Lyras is like a real life video game character.

Ieperithem: Eighty four. Eighty four percent of their terrifyingly massive GDP goes directly into their military. And they actually know how to manage it. It's safe to say there isn't a single nation that could feasibly stand against them if they wanted it to die.
Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Lyran Arms - Lambda Financial - Foreign Holdings - Tracker - Photo - OOC sentiments

Squad commanders
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

police arms

Postby Squad commanders » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:37 am

hello manager/creator of lyran arms.

would it be possible to order 500 'enforcer' shockmaces(120ns$e) to aid my police force for 60000ns$.

it would be greatly appreciated if you could do this, i am willing to wait if you are busy.

thankyou

The armed republic of squad commanders.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:15 pm

Squad Commanders

Your order for 500 Enforcer shock maces is approved for the total cost of 60,000 standard dollars. This order should arrive in your nation within six months. Lyran Arms would like to thank you for your valuable custom.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Tasmartini
Civilian

Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasmartini » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:48 am

To Lyran Arms

Tasmartini wishes to buy 700 of your 'Enforcer' Shockmaces for our police force. The total price stands at 84,000 USD. The money is ready and waiting. Thank you for your time and God be with you.

The Government of Tasmartini

Rich and Corporations
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 09, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Rich and Corporations » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:41 am

From: Director Scott Hill of the Bureau of Public Safety, of the Corporate Confederacy

We wish to buy a DPR for $900 million.
Corporate Confederacy
DEFENSE ALERT LEVEL
PEACE WAR

Factbook [url=iiwiki.com/wiki/Corporate_Confederacy]Wiki Article[/url]
Neptonia

Loonaterian
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Loonaterian » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:44 pm

We would like to by 700 Enforcers
My factbook
Factbook
My anthem

Embassy program
Embassy program

My storefronts
Poplarkerr Automobiles Inc.
Hawk Aerial Defense Industries

Sports
Semi-finals of the 5th Commonwealth Cup
A person from Loonaterian is either Loonaterese or a Loonat not a Loonaterian.
98% of all internet users would cry if facebook broke down. If you are the 2% who would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

General Districts wrote:
Loonaterian wrote:
That was a typo. I meant drugs.

But Grugs are so much more fun...... :unsure:

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:28 am

All previous orders

Your orders have been approved. Lyran Arms thanks you for your valued custom.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Cybus1
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Cybus1 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:16 am

Greetings,

The Cybus1 Ground Forces (CGF) would like the DPR for the following:
Enforcer Shockmace
We believe this will total 900 million NSDs. The funds are to be wired upon confirmation of order.
I don't use NS stats, please refer to the factbooks. Terms to use: Cybus, Cybusian, The Infinite Cybusian Empire. Feel free to TG with suggestions, comments, feedback, questions, etc, especially about factbooks.
Regal and powerful; they carry an air about them that is inherently oppressive, the air of a trillion years of ancestry. -Kaedijork.
Great Gatsby, featuring some shape-shifting ability and more sci-fi elements. - Zitravgrad

Our Military
New Q&A!
News: / Sons of Mercer raid on foreign Human colony results in over 10,500 deaths or Consumptions in only two hours; dropships flee through Jaunt portal, escape. Imperial govt offers to assist investigation.

Geanna
Minister

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Geanna » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:08 pm

''IMAGINETHEFUTURE''

TO: Whom it may Concern of ''Lyran Arms''
FROM: Unit Review Department; Sel Corporation; CyberSel Conglomerate
ADDITIONAL(S):None
SUBJECT:Review

Greetings,

As you may or may not know, CyberSel is a conglomerate of several technology based Corporations inside of the Commonwealth of Geanna - who's goal and aim is to establish and further the technology of today in order to build a future of tomorrow. I am a Representative of the Unit Review Department, a specialized division of the company mentioned above that is, for all intents and purposes, a department that follows along the guidelines of RCR; Review, Critique, Rate.

Our job is to search for and thoroughly review products of several different companies, assess them, tear them apart and overall rate them on their potentiality and use for being a great product. Such reviews can also affect CyberSel's decision of investing into theese projects and products of the companies we review. This matters to you as it offers a potential for a multi-billion dollar investment into your company and a further opening of a door into CyberSel and her enterprises and industries - which could lead to lower production costs, a larger and more reliable supply necessary to the demand of the products, and an overall production efficiency that is relatively unmatched.

We were soon asked to take a look at products by ''Lyran Arms'' and review them for potential investments. The product we reviewed is the ''Enforcer Shockmace©'', the first issue we came across was the weight of the product in question; 2120 grams or roughly four pounds in weight. Most batons produced supply most of this weight near the head, or the end that makes direct contact to its victim. It has been outlined previously that such batons have largely been abandoned due to the inconvenience to carry, and that in fact, weighing a baton in such a way, although it may produce more kinetic energy on impact - reduces mobility. Mobility of which is an important aspect of any ''Civil Units'' such as Riot Police, this means that accompanied with a shield which also decreases an officer's mobility he now needs to use a weapon that further inhibits his ability to maneuver properly - even though said weapon may provide a higher kinetic output on impact.

The design of the weapon is also a worry, it has a bulbous head near the end which all though adds to the kinetic output and weight - may lead to problems of the weapon becoming lodged and unable to be dislodged, this inturn could add to the chance of putting the wielder's life at risk if unable to respond to a threat. Another notable flaw is the screw handle, all though the design can be argued as revolutionary for a posh cattle-prod, repeated impacts can both wear down the grooves and over time loosen the handle and possibly break the screw that requires an allen wrench. One would argue that a company so notable in providing efficient 'state of the art' military hardware would notice this issue inherent with anything that uses a screw and is subject to continuous force, though the attempt to counter this issue, if it can be argued an attempt, is at least a little noteworthy.

An applause is necessary, however, for the use of kraton polymer within the handle, it is cost effective and a useful supplement for rubber but in reality is just a fancy word used for a marketing strategy, a word that not many may know and look at it and assume it's amazing. As well, the ability for the weapon to bend and flex on impact is a remarkable achievement which provides much more kinetic force to be exerted and thus is less likely to break. Despite this though, one issue comes over the circuitry utilized inside of the design, as continuous bending and flexing on the wires necessary to feed the electrodes in the head will wear them down and cause a short - Now obviously, to keep the electrodes from being severed from the power supply, these wires would need a little less tension to accommodate the weapon bending repeatedly, but one may inquire as to what happens if it bends too far? Wire tension can only be loosened so much before you're ripping the connection from the electrodes in the head, and then it becomes nothing more than a fancy beating stick.

I would note in your Background section that openly admitting to massacring civilians regardless of justified cause is a horrible marketing strategy and may draw buyers away who are a bit queasy over what could be argued excessive force - then again what do we know, we're not a humanitarian organization.

All in all, we must rate this product a 2/5 - although it is indeed unique, and rather useful as an excuse to shock disorderly civilians until their faces turn purple and they're wetting their pants or until you run out of battery power, which ever may come first - the weapon is still nothing more than an overpriced and fancy cattle-prod at what we can assume is a $900 million DPR. So in all, it isn't worth the money nor effort put into its use or production, especially over such an outrageous DPR price.

Sincerely Signed,
Product Reviewer, Michael Henders
CyberSel Conglomerate, URD, 1731 East Ambell, Ilople

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

"We dance on the lines of our destruction and continuation, to waltz and achieve the happiness of our existence, and to be the laughter in a world of silence."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade