NATION

PASSWORD

Phing Phong Fine Rices

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
User avatar
Phing Phong
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1748
Founded: Sep 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Phing Phong Fine Rices

Postby Phing Phong » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:51 pm

Company Status - Open for Business

For centuries, the fine rices of Phing Phong were a closely guarded treasure. Almost impossible to grow outside the island's unique climate, these rices were carefully cultivated over the years, kept pure by stringent farming and dedication. Today the island boasts 16 unique species of rice, nine of which have never been exported. That is, until now. Phing Phong Fine Rices brings you a whole host of culinary delights, from Hom Sao, a fragrant long-grain rice once reserved for the Emperor, to Ha Nha Huyen, a short grain red rice grown on only two farms. We hope to show you that rice isn't just a plain white staple, but a culinary delicacy that has shaped cultures and cuisines.

Note - The currency of Phing Phong, the Baht, has been reformed and revalued, and presently exchanges at 63.1 to the NS Dollar. No rice prices are affected by this change. Past invoices have been amended to reflect this in red.
Last edited by Phing Phong on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:31 am, edited 9 times in total.
Incompetent Buddhist, liberal centrist and militant queer

Embassy Program | NSwiki Pages | Factbook | Map | National Anthem | Constitution | Phing Phong Fine Rices | Culture Test
Member of the Stonewall Alliance, open to all LGBT-friendly nations!

User avatar
Phing Phong
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1748
Founded: Sep 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Phing Phong » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:51 pm

As of December 2010, Phing Phong Fine Rices is proud to offer you 4 varieties of native Phing Phong speciality rice found nowhere else in the world:

  • Niao Aroy - หนียวอร่อย. This rice variety is a medium-grain glutinous black rice that only grows in the wet lowlands of Phing Phong, with a light nutty flavour retained even when sweetened. Many traditional recipes incorporate this rice, though it was reserved for special occasions due to cost and limited supply. It needs to be soaked for ten minutes before cooking, and then drained, and is best served with coconut milk for a high-quality dessert.
    Price: NS$16 per kilogram

  • Hom Sao - หอมสาว. Literally meaning "fragrant woman", this rice variety is a small long-grain white rice with a tiny pink lustrous kernel inside, giving the rice a unique aroma similar to lemongrass and jasmine. The perfect rice to accompany a banquet for a royal - it was given as tribute to the Emperor, and was worth its weight in silver - or visiting head of state. It is best lightly cooked until al dente in simmering water, or a thin stock, to preserve the fragrant aroma.
    Price : NS$52 per kilogram

  • Nhong Quang - 越光. First grown for export only this year, Nhong Quang rice is a small grain which was up until recently used exclusively for rice wine production. The rice currently features on the menus of only the most expensive modern restaurants in Phing Phong, and has been successfully used in many traditional dishes. As a result, this rice is primarily aimed at nations or individuals with the desire for an unusual version of the beloved staple. The complex taste is said to differ based on what time of year and where in the mountains the rice is grown.
    Price : NS$88 per kilogram

  • Ha Nha Huyen - 夏芽玄. The rarest rice in Phing Phong, being grown on only two small farms in the mountains, Ha Nha Huyen was once worth more than gold. It is extremely difficult to grow, requiring the right amount of rainfall and the fertile volcanic soil of Mount Phra. The flavour has been described by few people, most of whom liken it to red bean paste or almonds. This variety would suit a memorable event like a coronation, inauguration or royal wedding.
    Price : NS$126 per kilogram
Last edited by Phing Phong on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:52 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Incompetent Buddhist, liberal centrist and militant queer

Embassy Program | NSwiki Pages | Factbook | Map | National Anthem | Constitution | Phing Phong Fine Rices | Culture Test
Member of the Stonewall Alliance, open to all LGBT-friendly nations!

User avatar
Phing Phong
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1748
Founded: Sep 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Phing Phong » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Phing Phong Fine Rices, Hydroponics and Seed Bank Department

We are pleased to announce our partnership with the Syvorjin Association of Rice Farmers, who have been issued a licence to grow Ha Nha Huyen in Syvorji.
Last edited by Phing Phong on Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Incompetent Buddhist, liberal centrist and militant queer

Embassy Program | NSwiki Pages | Factbook | Map | National Anthem | Constitution | Phing Phong Fine Rices | Culture Test
Member of the Stonewall Alliance, open to all LGBT-friendly nations!

User avatar
Phing Phong
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1748
Founded: Sep 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Phing Phong » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:01 am

Current Rice Stocks

  • Niao Aroy - 95,473kg
  • Hom Sao - 38,286kg
  • Nhong Quang - 25,212kg
  • Ha Nha Huyen - 8,072kg


Clarifications on the application of Export Tax
(as per the Phing Phong Agricultural Taxes Bill 2009)

When ordering a quantity of rice, or the export of agricultural services, or any combination or related transaction thereof, whose value exceeds 50,000 NS$, an export tax surcharge is applied. This tax is equal to the formula:
  • (n-50,000)÷10, where n is a quantity denominated in NS$,
or alternatively,
  • Ten percent of: the total cost minus NS$50,000
Last edited by Phing Phong on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Incompetent Buddhist, liberal centrist and militant queer

Embassy Program | NSwiki Pages | Factbook | Map | National Anthem | Constitution | Phing Phong Fine Rices | Culture Test
Member of the Stonewall Alliance, open to all LGBT-friendly nations!

User avatar
Maryginia
Senator
 
Posts: 4728
Founded: Jan 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Maryginia » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:29 am

well buy 200 kilograms of each kind
PRO ISRAEL AND DAMN PROUD
TAKE BACK MUSIC!
Impeach Pop music, Legalize creativity, Auto-tune is theft, Real Music forever

I SIDE WITH UKRAINE

User avatar
Sophisticism
Diplomat
 
Posts: 712
Founded: Feb 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sophisticism » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:53 am

To: Phing Phong Fine Rices.
From: His majesty prince Gorge of Sophisticism.

Phing Phong Fine Rices,
As a long time fan of rice, I have looked at your catalog in great interest, looking to buy some of your products.
I've immediately contacted my personal adviser, which happens to be my dear daughter, a rice fan too, and we've decided to buy some of your fine-looking products.

Therefore, I would like to put an order for all of your annual Ha Nha Huyen production, for use in the royal palace. A Sophisticated air force C-130 freight aircraft (registered SO-000345) will transport the goods, please permit this aircraft for landing in the state when rice is ready.

Thank you for your cooperation,
The prince.

User avatar
Phing Phong
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1748
Founded: Sep 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Phing Phong » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:04 pm

Maryginia wrote:well buy 200 kilograms of each kind




To the States Rights Confederacy of Maryginia,

Thank you for placing an order with Phing Phong Fine Rices. As per your request, 200 kg of Niao Aroy, 200 kg of Hom Sao, and 200kg of Ha Nha Huyen will be transported to Maurisia within three weekdays of today.

Invoice
  • Niao Aroy - 200 x 12 = 2,400
  • Hom Sao - 200 x 60 = 12,000
  • Ha Nha Huyen - 200 x 110 = 22,000
  • SUBTOTAL = 36,400
  • Export tax - 36,400 - 50,000 = 0
  • TOTAL = NS$ 36,400/ 2,296,840 / 30 oz Au

Feel free to choose whether to pay for the product in NS Dollars, Phing Phong Baht, or gold bullion. We offer a discount of 5% for second-time customers, so if you wish to place another order and take advantage of this offer just send us a copy of this message.

Yours,
Image
Adirek Chalitaporn
Phing Phong Fine Rices
Last edited by Phing Phong on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Incompetent Buddhist, liberal centrist and militant queer

Embassy Program | NSwiki Pages | Factbook | Map | National Anthem | Constitution | Phing Phong Fine Rices | Culture Test
Member of the Stonewall Alliance, open to all LGBT-friendly nations!

User avatar
Phing Phong
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1748
Founded: Sep 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Phing Phong » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:31 pm

Sophisticism wrote:To: Phing Phong Fine Rices.
From: His majesty prince Gorge of Sophisticism.

Phing Phong Fine Rices,
As a long time fan of rice, I have looked at your catalog in great interest, looking to buy some of your products.
I've immediately contacted my personal adviser, which happens to be my dear daughter, a rice fan too, and we've decided to buy some of your fine-looking products.

Therefore, I would like to put an order for all of your annual Ha Nha Huyen production, for use in the royal palace. A Sophisticated air force C-130 freight aircraft (registered SO-000345) will transport the goods, please permit this aircraft for landing in the state when rice is ready.

Thank you for your cooperation,
The prince.


To His Royal Highness Prince Gorge of Sophisticism,

You and your personal adviser have made the right choice! Ha Nha Huyen rice is arguably one of the finest in the world, and we are sure that it will satisfy the royal palette. We currently have 712 kilograms of this year's Ha Nha Huyen available, as 200 kilograms have already been purchased. Your C-130 aircraft SO-000345 has been cleared to land at Deua Theow Phon International (DTP).

Invoice
  • Ha Nha Huyen - 712 x 110 = 78,320
  • SUBTOTAL = 78,320
  • Export tax - 78,320 - 50,000 = 28,320
    • 10% of 28,320 = 2,832
  • TOTAL = NS$ 81,152 / 5,120,691 / 67 oz Au

Feel free to choose whether to pay for the product in NS Dollars, Phing Phong Baht, or gold bullion. We offer a discount of 5% for second-time customers, so if you wish to place another order and take advantage of this offer just send us a copy of this message. We will also let you know when next year's rice is due for export in case you wish to place another order.

Yours faithfully,
Image
Adirek Chalitaporn
Phing Phong Fine Rices
Last edited by Phing Phong on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Incompetent Buddhist, liberal centrist and militant queer

Embassy Program | NSwiki Pages | Factbook | Map | National Anthem | Constitution | Phing Phong Fine Rices | Culture Test
Member of the Stonewall Alliance, open to all LGBT-friendly nations!

User avatar
Sophisticism
Diplomat
 
Posts: 712
Founded: Feb 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sophisticism » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:38 pm

Phing Phong wrote:
Sophisticism wrote:To: Phing Phong Fine Rices.
From: His majesty prince Gorge of Sophisticism.

Phing Phong Fine Rices,
As a long time fan of rice, I have looked at your catalog in great interest, looking to buy some of your products.
I've immediately contacted my personal adviser, which happens to be my dear daughter, a rice fan too, and we've decided to buy some of your fine-looking products.

Therefore, I would like to put an order for all of your annual Ha Nha Huyen production, for use in the royal palace. A Sophisticated air force C-130 freight aircraft (registered SO-000345) will transport the goods, please permit this aircraft for landing in the state when rice is ready.

Thank you for your cooperation,
The prince.


To His Royal Highness Prince Gorge of Sophisticism,

You and your personal adviser have made the right choice! Ha Nha Huyen rice is arguably one of the finest in the world, and we are sure that it will satisfy the royal palette. We currently have 712 kilograms of this year's Ha Nha Huyen available, as 200 kilograms have already been purchased. Your C-130 aircraft SO-000345 has been cleared to land at Deua Theow Phon International (DTP).

Invoice
  • Ha Nha Huyen - 712 x 110 = 78,320
  • SUBTOTAL = 78,320
  • Export tax - 78,320 - 50,000 = 28,320
    • 10% of 28,320 = 2,832
  • TOTAL = NS$ 81,152 / 578,841 / 67 oz Au

Feel free to choose whether to pay for the product in NS Dollars, Phing Phong Baht, or gold bullion. We offer a discount of 5% for second-time customers, so if you wish to place another order and take advantage of this offer just send us a copy of this message. We will also let you know when next year's rice is due for export in case you wish to place another order.

Yours faithfully,
Image
Adirek Chalitaporn
Phing Phong Fine Rices


Adirek Chalitaporn;
Thank you for your quick response. The money, paid in NSD, has been wired, and the freight-aircraft has departed to Phing Phong.
Please notify us on next year's expected Ha Nha Huyen crop - we will consider pre-buying some rice (the expected annual rice-consumption in the Royal Palace for the next year is 1,200 KGs, and I would like to make sure the most of it is fine Ha Nha Huyen rice).

Thank you,
Prince Gorge.

User avatar
Phing Phong
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1748
Founded: Sep 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Phing Phong » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:51 pm

Sophisticism wrote:
Phing Phong wrote:
Sophisticism wrote:To: Phing Phong Fine Rices.
From: His majesty prince Gorge of Sophisticism.

Phing Phong Fine Rices,
As a long time fan of rice, I have looked at your catalog in great interest, looking to buy some of your products.
I've immediately contacted my personal adviser, which happens to be my dear daughter, a rice fan too, and we've decided to buy some of your fine-looking products.

Therefore, I would like to put an order for all of your annual Ha Nha Huyen production, for use in the royal palace. A Sophisticated air force C-130 freight aircraft (registered SO-000345) will transport the goods, please permit this aircraft for landing in the state when rice is ready.

Thank you for your cooperation,
The prince.


To His Royal Highness Prince Gorge of Sophisticism,

You and your personal adviser have made the right choice! Ha Nha Huyen rice is arguably one of the finest in the world, and we are sure that it will satisfy the royal palette. We currently have 712 kilograms of this year's Ha Nha Huyen available, as 200 kilograms have already been purchased. Your C-130 aircraft SO-000345 has been cleared to land at Deua Theow Phon International (DTP).

Invoice
  • Ha Nha Huyen - 712 x 110 = 78,320
  • SUBTOTAL = 78,320
  • Export tax - 78,320 - 50,000 = 28,320
    • 10% of 28,320 = 2,832
  • TOTAL = NS$ 81,152 / 578,841 / 67 oz Au

Feel free to choose whether to pay for the product in NS Dollars, Phing Phong Baht, or gold bullion. We offer a discount of 5% for second-time customers, so if you wish to place another order and take advantage of this offer just send us a copy of this message. We will also let you know when next year's rice is due for export in case you wish to place another order.

Yours faithfully,
Image
Adirek Chalitaporn
Phing Phong Fine Rices


Adirek Chalitaporn;
Thank you for your quick response. The money, paid in NSD, has been wired, and the freight-aircraft has departed to Phing Phong.
Please notify us on next year's expected Ha Nha Huyen crop - we will consider pre-buying some rice (the expected annual rice-consumption in the Royal Palace for the next year is 1,200 KGs, and I would like to make sure the most of it is fine Ha Nha Huyen rice).

Thank you,
Prince Gorge.


To His Royal Highness Prince Gorge,

We can confirm that payment has been received in the company account, and the rice is in the process of being carefully packaged for export. Next year's Ha Nha Huyen crop is estimated to be between 900 and 1025 kilograms, with the standard price between 108 and 115 NS$ (of course, you will receive a 5% discount). We will reserve the entire crop for your royal household if no other potential buyers express interest before January of the 2nd Year.

Yours faithfully,
Image
Adirek Chalitaporn
Phing Phong Fine Rices
Incompetent Buddhist, liberal centrist and militant queer

Embassy Program | NSwiki Pages | Factbook | Map | National Anthem | Constitution | Phing Phong Fine Rices | Culture Test
Member of the Stonewall Alliance, open to all LGBT-friendly nations!

User avatar
Syvorji
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7996
Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Syvorji » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:37 am

We would like to buy 400 kg Ha Nha Huyen rice, and 150 seeds, to experiment them, and to adapt them to the cool climate that Syvorji has. Our goal with the seeds is to grow them on the fertile soil of Mount Chobagra, a mountain which is very fertile and is the southernmost mountain in Syvorji, with the rainfall always facing the northern side.

Signed,
Nua Lon

User avatar
Phing Phong
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1748
Founded: Sep 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Phing Phong » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:55 pm

Syvorji wrote:We would like to buy 400 kg Ha Nha Huyen rice, and 150 seeds, to experiment them, and to adapt them to the cool climate that Syvorji has. Our goal with the seeds is to grow them on the fertile soil of Mount Chobagra, a mountain which is very fertile and is the southernmost mountain in Syvorji, with the rainfall always facing the northern side.

Signed,
Nua Lon


To Nua Lon,

It seems you have been led to Phing Phong once again! We would be willing to operate business involving the cultivation of our finest seeds on a franchised basis, whereby there is an annual fee for use of the seeds and a share of the profits for the business. This is because we as a nation do not want to lose our status as the sole source of this rice. If this arrangement would be mutually beneficial, then we will provide a reasonable price and rate for the arrangement. We also advise you to employ the services of some of our biologists and hydroponicists, as the rice is unlikely to take to the cooler climate immediately.

Prices for the services listed will be invoiced if the terms are to your liking. The invoice for the 400kg is below

Draft Invoice
  • Ha Nha Huyen - 400 x 114 = 45,600
  • Annual Franchise Agreement - to be confirmed
  • Company Staff Services - to be confirmed
  • SUBTOTAL = 45,600
  • Export tax - 45,600 - 50,000 = 0
  • PRETOTAL = NS$45,600 / 2,877,360 / 38 oz Au

Yours faithfully,
Image
Adirek Chalitaporn
Phing Phong Fine Rices
Incompetent Buddhist, liberal centrist and militant queer

Embassy Program | NSwiki Pages | Factbook | Map | National Anthem | Constitution | Phing Phong Fine Rices | Culture Test
Member of the Stonewall Alliance, open to all LGBT-friendly nations!

User avatar
Syvorji
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7996
Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Syvorji » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:20 pm

Phing Phong wrote:
Syvorji wrote:We would like to buy 400 kg Ha Nha Huyen rice, and 150 seeds, to experiment them, and to adapt them to the cool climate that Syvorji has. Our goal with the seeds is to grow them on the fertile soil of Mount Chobagra, a mountain which is very fertile and is the southernmost mountain in Syvorji, with the rainfall always facing the northern side.

Signed,
Nua Lon


To Nua Lon,

It seems you have been led to Phing Phong once again! We would be willing to operate business involving the cultivation of our finest seeds on a franchised basis, whereby there is an annual fee for use of the seeds and a share of the profits for the business. This is because we as a nation do not want to lose our status as the sole source of this rice. If this arrangement would be mutually beneficial, then we will provide a reasonable price and rate for the arrangement. We also advise you to employ the services of some of our biologists and hydroponicists, as the rice is unlikely to take to the cooler climate immediately.

Prices for the services listed will be invoiced if the terms are to your liking. The invoice for the 400kg is below

Draft Invoice
  • Ha Nha Huyen - 400 x 114 = 45,600
  • Annual Franchise Agreement - to be confirmed
  • Company Staff Services - to be confirmed
  • SUBTOTAL = 45,600
  • Export tax - 45,600 - 50,000 = 0
  • PRETOTAL = NS$45,600 / 2,877,360 / 38 oz Au

Yours faithfully,
Image
Adirek Chalitaporn
Phing Phong Fine Rices


To: Adirek Chalitaporn
From: Nua Lon

We will accept the franchise agreement and the staff. We also will accept the fees, and all of the cash is sent to you in Osthian florins, and to be shared, 50/50, between the Syvorjin Associations of Rice Farmers (SARF), of which I am a member of, and your company. May Chobagra allow the rice to grow on her soil.

Signed,
์ีฟ ศนื
Nua Lon

User avatar
Phing Phong
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1748
Founded: Sep 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Phing Phong » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:44 pm

Syvorji wrote:
Phing Phong wrote:
To Nua Lon,

It seems you have been led to Phing Phong once again! We would be willing to operate business involving the cultivation of our finest seeds on a franchised basis, whereby there is an annual fee for use of the seeds and a share of the profits for the business. This is because we as a nation do not want to lose our status as the sole source of this rice. If this arrangement would be mutually beneficial, then we will provide a reasonable price and rate for the arrangement. We also advise you to employ the services of some of our biologists and hydroponicists, as the rice is unlikely to take to the cooler climate immediately.

Prices for the services listed will be invoiced if the terms are to your liking. The invoice for the 400kg is below

Draft Invoice
  • Ha Nha Huyen - 400 x 114 = 45,600
  • Annual Franchise Agreement - to be confirmed
  • Company Staff Services - to be confirmed
  • SUBTOTAL = 45,600
  • Export tax - 45,600 - 50,000 = 0
  • PRETOTAL = NS$45,600 / 2,877,360 / 38 oz Au

Yours faithfully,
Image
Adirek Chalitaporn
Phing Phong Fine Rices


To: Adirek Chalitaporn
From: Nua Lon

We will accept the franchise agreement and the staff. We also will accept the fees, and all of the cash is sent to you in Osthian florins, and to be shared, 50/50, between the Syvorjin Associations of Rice Farmers (SARF), of which I am a member of, and your company. May Chobagra allow the rice to grow on her soil.

Signed,
์ีฟ ศนื
Nua Lon

To Nua Lon,

Here is the completed invoice for the full franchise agreement, staff wages, and rice purchase.

Invoice
  • Ha Nha Huyen - 400 x 114 = 45,600
  • Export tax - 45,600 - 50,000 = 0
  • Franchise Agreement - 50% of gross profit
  • SUBTOTAL = 45,600
  • Agrobotanist Hire = 9,509
  • Soil Biologist Hire = 9,826
  • Hydroponicist Hire = 9,033
  • SUBTOTAL = 73,968
  • TOTAL = NS$73,968 / 4,667,381 / 61 oz Au

Additionally, as we do not know the cost of living in Syvorji, and mindful of the fact that the average wage in Phing Phong is low, we request that living costs for our personnel be paid for by the SARF.

We hope for the arrangement to be mutually beneficial and enriching for both Syvorji and ourselves.

Yours faithfully,
Image
Adirek Chalitaporn
Phing Phong Fine Rices
Incompetent Buddhist, liberal centrist and militant queer

Embassy Program | NSwiki Pages | Factbook | Map | National Anthem | Constitution | Phing Phong Fine Rices | Culture Test
Member of the Stonewall Alliance, open to all LGBT-friendly nations!

User avatar
Syvorji
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7996
Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Syvorji » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:54 pm

Phing Phong wrote:
Syvorji wrote:
To: Adirek Chalitaporn
From: Nua Lon

We will accept the franchise agreement and the staff. We also will accept the fees, and all of the cash is sent to you in Osthian florins, and to be shared, 50/50, between the Syvorjin Associations of Rice Farmers (SARF), of which I am a member of, and your company. May Chobagra allow the rice to grow on her soil.

Signed,
์ีฟ ศนื
Nua Lon

To Nua Lon,

Here is the completed invoice for the full franchise agreement, staff wages, and rice purchase.

Invoice
  • Ha Nha Huyen - 400 x 114 = 45,600
  • Export tax - 45,600 - 50,000 = 0
  • Franchise Agreement - 50% of gross profit
  • SUBTOTAL = 45,600
  • Agrobotanist Hire = 9,509
  • Soil Biologist Hire = 9,826
  • Hydroponicist Hire = 9,033
  • SUBTOTAL = 73,968
  • TOTAL = NS$73,968 / 4,667,381 / 61 oz Au

Additionally, as we do not know the cost of living in Syvorji, and mindful of the fact that the average wage in Phing Phong is low, we request that living costs for our personnel be paid for by the SARF.

We hope for the arrangement to be mutually beneficial and enriching for both Syvorji and ourselves.

Yours faithfully,
Image
Adirek Chalitaporn
Phing Phong Fine Rices


To: Adirek C.
From: Nua Lon

We will accept, and hope that it manages to grow, and the money has been wired.

Signed,
Nua Lon

User avatar
Triceraia
Envoy
 
Posts: 253
Founded: Jan 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Triceraia » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:29 pm

300,0000 each please.
"For the Republic, For Honor, For victory!"
A Bold Triceraton soldier
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=89420

User avatar
Phing Phong
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1748
Founded: Sep 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Phing Phong » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:32 pm

Triceraia wrote:300,0000 each please.


I am sorry, but we do not understand what you mean? Do you request 3,000,000kg of each variety of rice? If so, we are regrettably unable to fulfil your request. The stocks we currently possess are as follows:

  • Niao Aroy - 96,473kg
  • Hom Sao - 38,836kg
  • Nhong Quang - 25,462kg
  • Ha Nha Huyen - 8,322kg

Yours faithfully,
Image
Adirek Chalitaporn
Phing Phong Fine Rices
Incompetent Buddhist, liberal centrist and militant queer

Embassy Program | NSwiki Pages | Factbook | Map | National Anthem | Constitution | Phing Phong Fine Rices | Culture Test
Member of the Stonewall Alliance, open to all LGBT-friendly nations!

User avatar
Triceraia
Envoy
 
Posts: 253
Founded: Jan 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Triceraia » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:33 pm

Phing Phong wrote:
Triceraia wrote:300,0000 each please.


I am sorry, but we do not understand what you mean? Do you request 3,000,000kg of each variety of rice? If so, we are regrettably unable to fulfil your request. The stocks we currently possess are as follows:

  • Niao Aroy - 96,473kg
  • Hom Sao - 38,836kg
  • Nhong Quang - 25,462kg
  • Ha Nha Huyen - 8,322kg

Yours faithfully,
Image
Adirek Chalitaporn
Phing Phong Fine Rices


hhhmmmm? I guess if you can supply us with the need seeds, or whatever this rice is made from then we can grow it ourselves and pay the amount we asked for in return.
"For the Republic, For Honor, For victory!"
A Bold Triceraton soldier
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=89420

User avatar
Phing Phong
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1748
Founded: Sep 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Phing Phong » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Triceraia wrote:
Phing Phong wrote:
I am sorry, but we do not understand what you mean? Do you request 3,000,000kg of each variety of rice? If so, we are regrettably unable to fulfil your request. The stocks we currently possess are as follows:

  • Niao Aroy - 96,473kg
  • Hom Sao - 38,836kg
  • Nhong Quang - 25,462kg
  • Ha Nha Huyen - 8,322kg

Yours faithfully,
Image
Adirek Chalitaporn
Phing Phong Fine Rices


hhhmmmm? I guess if you can supply us with the need seeds, or whatever this rice is made from then we can grow it ourselves and pay the amount we asked for in return.


We would be willing to operate business involving the cultivation of our finest seeds on a franchised basis, whereby there is an annual fee for use of the seeds and a share of the profits for the business. This is because we as a nation do not want to lose our status as the sole source of this rice. If this arrangement would be mutually beneficial, then we will provide a reasonable price and rate for the arrangement. For an example of this please see the agreement we reached with the Syvorjin Association of Rice Farmers. Additionally, the rices are expensive with good reason - they are nigh impossible to grow without specialist assistance from experienced people even in their native climate.

We would be happy to form such an arrangement with you if you so desire. We estimate that within two years we could feasibly cultivate 3,000,000kg Niao Aroy, though the others will take a little longer.

Yours sincerely,

Image
Adirek Chalitaporn
Phing Phong Fine Rices
Incompetent Buddhist, liberal centrist and militant queer

Embassy Program | NSwiki Pages | Factbook | Map | National Anthem | Constitution | Phing Phong Fine Rices | Culture Test
Member of the Stonewall Alliance, open to all LGBT-friendly nations!

User avatar
Triceraia
Envoy
 
Posts: 253
Founded: Jan 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Triceraia » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:03 pm

Phing Phong wrote:
Triceraia wrote:
hhhmmmm? I guess if you can supply us with the need seeds, or whatever this rice is made from then we can grow it ourselves and pay the amount we asked for in return.


We would be willing to operate business involving the cultivation of our finest seeds on a franchised basis, whereby there is an annual fee for use of the seeds and a share of the profits for the business. This is because we as a nation do not want to lose our status as the sole source of this rice. If this arrangement would be mutually beneficial, then we will provide a reasonable price and rate for the arrangement. For an example of this please see the agreement we reached with the Syvorjin Association of Rice Farmers. Additionally, the rices are expensive with good reason - they are nigh impossible to grow without specialist assistance from experienced people even in their native climate.

We would be happy to form such an arrangement with you if you so desire. We estimate that within two years we could feasibly cultivate 3,000,000kg Niao Aroy, though the others will take a little longer.

Yours sincerely,

Image
Adirek Chalitaporn
Phing Phong Fine Rices


Agreed, this is very reasonable.
"For the Republic, For Honor, For victory!"
A Bold Triceraton soldier
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=89420

User avatar
Phing Phong
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1748
Founded: Sep 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Phing Phong » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:12 am

Phing Phong wrote:
We would be willing to operate business involving the cultivation of our finest seeds on a franchised basis, whereby there is an annual fee for use of the seeds and a share of the profits for the business. This is because we as a nation do not want to lose our status as the sole source of this rice. If this arrangement would be mutually beneficial, then we will provide a reasonable price and rate for the arrangement. For an example of this please see the agreement we reached with the Syvorjin Association of Rice Farmers. Additionally, the rices are expensive with good reason - they are nigh impossible to grow without specialist assistance from experienced people even in their native climate.

We would be happy to form such an arrangement with you if you so desire. We estimate that within two years we could feasibly cultivate 3,000,000kg Niao Aroy, though the others will take a little longer.

Yours sincerely,

(Image)
Adirek Chalitaporn
Phing Phong Fine Rices


Agreed, this is very reasonable.[/quote]


We thank you for your acceptance. The arrangement that we suggest is the same franchising arrangement we have agreed with the Syvorjin rice farmers, whereby we receive half the gross profit from the sale of rice with you keeping the other half. Additionally, due to the high yield of rice you are aiming for, a hydroponics facility will need to be constructed if you do not already possess one, and we will need to send experienced personnel for the cultivation to be successful. If this remains agreeable to you then we will send a final invoice.

Yours sincerely,

Image
Adirek Chalitaporn
Phing Phong Fine Rices
Last edited by Phing Phong on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Incompetent Buddhist, liberal centrist and militant queer

Embassy Program | NSwiki Pages | Factbook | Map | National Anthem | Constitution | Phing Phong Fine Rices | Culture Test
Member of the Stonewall Alliance, open to all LGBT-friendly nations!

User avatar
Yasashii
Diplomat
 
Posts: 713
Founded: Oct 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Yasashii » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:08 pm

TO: Adirek Chalitaporn of Phing Phong Fine Rices
FROM: Aoi Suzu of The Yasashii International Trade Office

Adirek Chalitaporn,

Being from a fellow rice-consuming culture, my office is keen to explore new and different varieties grown in other parts of the world. We humbly ask for a sample of the different varieties available; my office will then auction the rice to reputable restaurants and culinary establishments in Yasashii to gauge demand for these new grains. It is likely that more will be purchased in the near future with the possibility of a seed franchise for the most popular species.

Attached is a list of amounts and the associated cost. My office is prepared to pay for any export tariffs associated with the purchase. Due to a lack of baht reserves and the Central Monetary Authority's strict control of bullion, we are only able to pay in NSD or okane. The Yasashii-registered tanker “Anzen” (安全) is currently in the region on a separate trade mission and has excess capacity; she will arrive within the next 24 hours.

Regards,
[signed]
Aoi Suzu
Head of YITO

Modified Draft Invoice
  • Niao Aroy: 1,000 x 16 = NS$16,000
  • Hom Sao: 550 x 52 = NS$28,600
  • Nhong Quang: 250 x 88 = NS$22,000
  • Ha Nha Huyen: 250 x 126 = NS$31,500
    • SUBTOTAL: 2,050kg for NS$98,100
    • Export Tax: NS$98,100 – NS$50,000 = NS$48,100
      • 10% surcharge: NS$4,810
    • TOTAL: NS$151,010*
    *Modified to reflect all costs properly in the incorrect equation assumed by the YITO.
    Last edited by Yasashii on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

    User avatar
    Phing Phong
    Ambassador
     
    Posts: 1748
    Founded: Sep 04, 2008
    Ex-Nation

    Postby Phing Phong » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:34 pm

    Yasashii wrote:TO: Adirek Chalitaporn of Phing Phong Fine Rices
    FROM: Aoi Suzu of The Yasashii International Trade Office

    Adirek Chalitaporn,

    Being from a fellow rice-consuming culture, my office is keen to explore new and different varieties grown in other parts of the world. We humbly ask for a sample of the different varieties available; my office will then auction the rice to reputable restaurants and culinary establishments in Yasashii to gauge demand for these new grains. It is likely that more will be purchased in the near future with the possibility of a seed franchise for the most popular species.

    Attached is a list of amounts and the associated cost. My office is prepared to pay for any export tariffs associated with the purchase. Due to a lack of baht reserves and the Central Monetary Authority's strict control of bullion, we are only able to pay in NSD or okane. The Yasashii-registered tanker “Anzen” (安全) is currently in the region on a separate trade mission and has excess capacity; she will arrive within the next 24 hours.

    Regards,
    [signed]
    Aoi Suzu
    Head of YITO

    Draft Invoice
    • Niao Aroy: 1,000 x 16 = NS$16,000
    • Hom Sao: 550 x 52 = NS$28,600
    • Nhong Quang: 250 x 88 = NS$22,000
    • Ha Nha Huyen: 250 x 126 = NS$31,500
      • SUBTOTAL: 2,050kg for NS$78,300/ 4,940,730บ/ 36,588.79Ɵ
      • Export Tax: NS$78,300 – NS$50,000 = NS$28,300
        • 10% surcharge: NS$2,830
      • TOTAL: NS$109,430/ 6,905,033/ 51,135.51Ɵ
      Please note: the okane currently trades at NS$2.14 per Okane


      We thank you for taking an interest in the fine rices of Phing Phong, and your order for 1000kg Niao Aroy, 550kg Hom Sao, 250kg Nhong Quang and 250kg Ha Nha Huyen has been duly accepted. We are sure that the honoured People of Yasashii will enjoy our humble produce.
      Additionally, your final invoice has been confirmed below, though due to an apparent mistake above which would have over-charged you by NS$6,540 we have altered it slightly.

      • Niao Aroy - 1,000 x 16 = 16,000
      • Hom Sao - 550 x 52 = 28,600
      • Nhong Quang - 250 x 88 = 22,000
      • Ha Nha Huyen - 250 x 126 = 31,500
      • SUBTOTAL = 98,100
      • Export Tax = 98,100 - 50,000 = 48,100
        • 10% surcharge - NS$4,810
      • TOTAL = NS$102,910 / 6,493,621

      The tanker 安全 has been cleared for entry into the Phing Phong Harbour Dockyard, and we wish to accept payment in NS$ if this is wholly agreeable to you.

      Yours sincerely,

      Image
      Adirek Chalitaporn
      Phing Phong Fine Rices
      Incompetent Buddhist, liberal centrist and militant queer

      Embassy Program | NSwiki Pages | Factbook | Map | National Anthem | Constitution | Phing Phong Fine Rices | Culture Test
      Member of the Stonewall Alliance, open to all LGBT-friendly nations!

      User avatar
      Yasashii
      Diplomat
       
      Posts: 713
      Founded: Oct 09, 2009
      Ex-Nation

      Postby Yasashii » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:34 pm

      Phing Phong wrote:
      We thank you for taking an interest in the fine rices of Phing Phong, and your order for 1000kg Niao Aroy, 550kg Hom Sao, 250kg Nhong Quang and 250kg Ha Nha Huyen has been duly accepted. We are sure that the honoured People of Yasashii will enjoy our humble produce.
      Additionally, your final invoice has been confirmed below, though due to an apparent mistake above which would have over-charged you by NS$6,540 we have altered it slightly.

      • Niao Aroy - 1,000 x 16 = 16,000
      • Hom Sao - 550 x 52 = 28,600
      • Nhong Quang - 250 x 88 = 22,000
      • Ha Nha Huyen - 250 x 126 = 31,500
      • SUBTOTAL = 98,100
      • Export Tax = 98,100 - 50,000 = 48,100
        • 10% surcharge - NS$4,810
      • TOTAL = NS$102,910 / 6,493,621

      The tanker 安全 has been cleared for entry into the Phing Phong Harbour Dockyard, and we wish to accept payment in NS$ if this is wholly agreeable to you.

      Yours sincerely,

      (Image)
      Adirek Chalitaporn
      Phing Phong Fine Rices


      TO: Adirek Chalitaporn of Phing Phong Fine Rices
      FROM: Aoi Suzu of The Yasashii International Trade Office

      Adirek Chalitaporn,

      Thank you for the prompt response! My department miscalculated, accidentally forgetting the costs of one rice strain while adding the full export costs; our revised calculation, including all rice strains AND the full export cost plus one-tenth would have cost just over NS$150,000. It pleases me and my colleagues to hear we were mistaken in adding the full export costs and that the actual costs will be much lower! Expect the full NS$102,910 to be wired promptly with a 10% bonus for you and your staff to enjoy.

      My briefing notes inform me of 安全 docking and loading successfully.

      Regards,
      [signed]
      Aoi Suzu
      Head of YITO
      Last edited by Yasashii on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

      User avatar
      Siberian Urals
      Attaché
       
      Posts: 81
      Founded: Jan 07, 2011
      Ex-Nation

      Postby Siberian Urals » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:54 pm

      The U.S.S.S.U. requires 100 tons of each type of rice.
      Thanx

      Next

      Advertisement

      Remove ads

      Return to Global Economics and Trade

      Who is online

      Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Myordas, Willitya

      Advertisement

      Remove ads