NATION

PASSWORD

Brotherhood of Steel: R2 Advanced Infantry Armament System

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vault 1
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Vault 1 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:13 pm

OOC:
Gitalia: The sniper rifle is R2 Scout, see page 7. Original R2S is an anti-materiel and long-range sniping system, and far excessive for all but the most extreme tasks. The Scout starts at just $30,000, or $33,000 in a well-outfitted package.
Consider for sake of comparison that KAC M-110, a real-life precision rifle, costs $27,000 in a basic package and $35,000 in a full kit:
http://www.knesekguns.com/commercial/pricelist.php - look for M110 and XM110 System.

A question has already been raised elsewhere that some models might be underpriced, however relatively large-scale production should keep the costs manageable. Saturday Night .38 Special revolvers are cheap, top of the line precision rifles are not. Consider that with R2 Scout you get something you don't in other rifles, specifically the terminal performance of a big-bore rifle in a particularly light and compact package, and that takes effort to achieve.

To: Nate Desnoyers
The Militarized Powers of Royalsoldiers

Greetings and salutations.

Thank you for your interest in our technical advancements and solutions. We believe the proposed licensing agreement to be fair. As such, your offer is accepted as is. I am looking forward to seeing your developments in action.

Yours faithfully,
Knight Delmar.

Royalsoldiers
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Royalsoldiers » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:16 pm

Vault 1 wrote:.

To: Nate Desnoyers
The Militarized Powers of Royalsoldiers

Thank you for your interest in our technical advancements and solutions. We believe the proposed licensing agreement to be fair. As such, your offer is accepted as is. I am looking forward to seeing your developments in action.

Yours faithfully,
Knight Delmar.

Dear Vault 1,

We thank you for accepting our offer and we will give you full credit for your work. Also would you like to work on an advanced assault rifle in the future together. Us working together would probably be a success. Though for the moment thank you for your time.

From,
Nate Desnoyers

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Ooc: Bump for Vault.

I'll also reserved this as a placeholder for in-context order.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Vault 1
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vault 1 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:10 pm

OOC: I'm still in business, just don't find a whole lot of activities on NSG to jump into. Not to mention the time I'd spend RPing on NSG, I'd rather spend RPing on SMS - but as a designer and generally as far as GE&T goes, nothing changed.

Graznovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Graznovia » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:40 pm

Encryption: Maximum
Clearance Level: Top Secret; Eyes Only

Ministry of Defence
The Graznovian Federation

To: The Brotherhood of Steel
From: Deputy Minister Colonel General Artyom Bezrodny, Chief of Armaments of the Ground Forces, Ministry of Defence, The Graznovian Federation
Date: 7 March 2013

Subject: Acquisition of R2 Advanced Infantry Armament Systems for Evaluation

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you today in my capacity as the Chief of Armaments of the Graznovian Ground Forces to express our interest in procuring several units of the 'R2 Advanced Infantry Armament System' as part of the CBA21 programme which seeks to acquire a range of state of the art small arms for the purpose of conducting a thorough evaluation and determining if existing small arms in service are to be replaced. The exact details of this order are as follows:

• 50x 'Deployment Package, R2 Service Rifle (HPTS-2 Sight)'
  • 20x 'Deployment Package, R2C Tactical Carbine'
  • 10x 'Deployment Package, R2GM General Purpose Machine Gun'
  • 5x 'Deployment Package, R2S Sniper Rifle'

• 200,000x 'CL8-24L Round'
  • 600,000x 'CL8-25 Round'
  • 50,000x 'CL8-40 Round'
  • 10,000x 'CL8-63 Round'

The full cost of this acquisition exercise will, upon tabulation, which is expected to complete within the next 24 hours, be wired into an account within the banking institution of your choice. We would also like to take this opportunity to request an estimate for the direct material cost of manufacturing each unit of the 'R2 Advanced Infantry Armament System' in the hypothetical event that we elect to take up domestic production rights and carry out a production run in the region of 10 million units.

We look forward to your favorable reply and hope to do business with your organization again in the near future.

Sincerely,
Chief of Armaments of the Ground Forces
Ministry of Defence

Vault 1
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vault 1 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:37 am

To: Colonel General Artyom Bezrodny
Ministry of Defence
The Graznovian Federation
Re: Acquisition of R2 Advanced Infantry Armament Systems for Evaluation

I am pleased to see renewed interest in our system. We have assembled your evaluation order and it is currently underway to be delivered by airlift to location as to be specified on approach.
The combined cost of this order will come to $7,192,000.

In response to your inquiry on direct costs, per our internal policies, 2/3 of export revenue is transferred to the personnel and facilities handling immediate item production, while 1/3 proceeds to the general support and development of our organization. Export prices are set at a point that covers recurring costs with this distribution in mind.

In most cases, domestic manufacturing is of limited financial practicality. We provide the necessary manufacturing lines for components that can not be replicated on industry standard equipment as part of the Domestic Production Package. This cuts down on the otherwise long time required to establish and refine manufacturing processes for chassis and chamber composites, which are non-machinable and produced in their final shape.

Our acquisition cost for materials that can be sourced from the market is, with certain exceptions, within 700/kg. Most of the production cost is in the equipment- and labor-intensive processes of combining them into the exact composite materials required, followed by specific component production.

With sincere regards,
Brother Stanwood.

Anacasppia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Anacasppia » Mon May 20, 2013 6:16 am

OOC: I will likely acquire a quantity of these incredible weapons for issue to elite units, but before I get around to it, I have a question: with a theoretical rate of fire of 1, 800 rounds per minute with two round bursts, does this imply the R2 is capable of firing off two rounds in such rapid succession that both rounds could impact near simultaneously producing increased penetration a la the Russian AN-94?
Last edited by Anacasppia on Mon May 20, 2013 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Foederatae Anacaspiae
Federated States of Anacaspia
Factbook | Introduction | Federated States Military Forces

Call me Ana.
I support thermonuclear warfare. Don't you?
Anemos Major wrote:Forty-five men, thirty four tons, one crew cabin... anything could happen.

Mmm... it's getting hot in here.

Vault 1
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vault 1 » Sat May 25, 2013 9:22 am

OOC: Yes, that's the intention of the counterweight system as well. It would only be required against AFV though.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade