NATION

PASSWORD

The Griffincrest Corporation

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Maldorians
Spokesperson

Founded: May 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Re: The Griffincrest Corporation

Postby Maldorians » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:58 pm

OOC: Nice to see you back BC... Let me in on any future operations you're planning... xD
Mandalorian Merc; Your leading mercenary company
<Anagonia> ZUKARIAN USED DODGE
<Yafalonia> in b4 "whats a zukarian"
<Zuk> whats a zukarian

Blackhelm Confederacy
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Blackhelm Confederacy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:01 pm

Gracefall, you will be spared if you join me. As I said earlier, sit tight for a task.

Zoingo! How ya doin' man! Yea, it looks like hell out there. So many easy targets so little time, if your up for it, I'm gunna have several breakout ops in about two or three RL days. I'll let ya know when they come down. In the meantime, feel free to buy up some oil. I think I'm gunna give jolt vets discounts too :)

Mal you too! O boy, the whole crew is comin back together, I hope your still CA!

Lucifeles, I know you are a small nation, don't worry. I've been doin this for awhile.
~Got Oil?~

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Lucifeles
Envoy

Founded: Jul 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucifeles » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:02 pm

((OOC: Thanks. I have plans to improve it, though. Watch this space.))

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:06 pm

The Federation, while we have an oil reserve large enough to keep us largely self-sufficient for the next 100 years, currently has no real need for it, since over 90% of our energy is generated by nuclear power plants (Breeders, specifically) and our vehicles are almost 100% Hydrogen based. We only use our oil for exports and plastics.

HOWEVER.

This does not mean that we will allow Griffincrest to cap these reserves, in fact, we would rather they not. We are making sure that oil goes to the interests of native oil corporations, which would ultimately benefit us in the end. If you want, however, we can negotiate...
[SHOCKING] Woman dragged by coffee cup into the MANDRILL MAZE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdllAAHq-WA

Zoingo
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Zoingo » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:07 pm

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:Zoingo! How ya doin' man! Yea, it looks like hell out there. So many easy targets so little time, if your up for it, I'm gunna have several breakout ops in about two or three RL days. I'll let ya know when they come down. In the meantime, feel free to buy up some oil. I think I'm gunna give jolt vets discounts too :)

I'm trying to keep the sanity on NS, BC, trying to keep the sanity. Currently attempting to rebuild a large trading empire by deflating prices and then "nudging" out businesses, afterwards, then jacking up prices and the like. But yeah, I might even join one of the operations for the fun of it. You might find that extra billions of USD to fund BC might sudden appear out of nowhere from "Zoingan Bank Accounts".....

And Jolt discounts FTW!
Diplomacy is for people who wish escape RL; General is for people who have too much time in RL; The WA is for people who want to be bureaucrats in RL; The Archives is for people wanting to look back at how others spent time in their RL; and Technical is for people who already cannot find enough to complain about in RL anyway.

Official Map of Zoingo
Zoingo Embassy Exchange

Comorostan
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Comorostan » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:07 pm

OOC-I'm really tempted to sign up...ah the heck with it!
Psst! Hit Arivada! They are asking for it!

IC-You have the armies of Comorostan at your side.
The People's State of Comorostan - communist Zoroastrians
Member of Kayfabeland

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:09 pm

Comorostan wrote:OOC-I'm really tempted to sign up...ah the heck with it!

You forgot Comaack.

Saint Johns County
Envoy

Founded: Jun 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Johns County » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:09 pm

Zoingo wrote:ooc: I was wondering when this oil-hungry, sadistic, multi-national cooporation would lay an utter smack down unto the oil-rich n00bs of the new Nationstates forums. And I agree with Volzgrad here, there are so many more n00bs unto today's forums that it is literally driving us vets crazy. Even though we were never on the best of terms, (if any terms for that matter :p ) I still might even buy some oil and finance some "resource exploitation"....

Welcome back!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5716&p=183470#p183470 I direct you here. All true.
When I named myself Saint John's county, it was a joke amongst me and my friend. We both live there. If you wish to be formal, address me as The Armed Republic of Saint John, or ARSJ.

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:15 pm

To the esteemed Griffincrest Corporation,

Do you remember us? For we remember you.
At Nakros Ithrimm, the city of gunfire, where we were allies.
For just a split second, against an undeserving foe.
Would like to remember?
For we can be allies once more.

~Edoqlius, the ninth House

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:17 pm

OOC: The Old Ones are apparently coming together to wipe out n00b nations. Can I possibly be an active observer in this?

Zoingo
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Zoingo » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:17 pm

Saint Johns County wrote:viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5716&p=183470#p183470 I direct you here. All true.

He mainly used to do that for laughs and giggles, something that I didn't find hilarious or humane, largely because I was alone and would be standing up against a conglomerate that could glass a nation with the snap of its fingers (or the press of a button, or in BC's case, with the lighting of a oil barrel). Mainly, this is for a fresh start..
Diplomacy is for people who wish escape RL; General is for people who have too much time in RL; The WA is for people who want to be bureaucrats in RL; The Archives is for people wanting to look back at how others spent time in their RL; and Technical is for people who already cannot find enough to complain about in RL anyway.

Official Map of Zoingo
Zoingo Embassy Exchange

Blackhelm Confederacy
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Blackhelm Confederacy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:20 pm

Jenrak, of course we remember you, and would love to see you men fighting along our mercenaries sides. NS would be in a tough spot if we were to join up.

And Comorostan, this is very good news! Thank you. Zoingo, we could always use your boys and your money too, if your willing to send em over.

AG, ya posted in the wrong place to say you have oil...

And St John....just leave man...no words for you.
~Got Oil?~

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Saint Johns County
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Johns County » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:22 pm

I believe my point's made, so I'll leave you to your business. If you really were joking about that, no harm done. But seriously?
When I named myself Saint John's county, it was a joke amongst me and my friend. We both live there. If you wish to be formal, address me as The Armed Republic of Saint John, or ARSJ.

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:23 pm

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:Jenrak, of course we remember you, and would love to see you men fighting along our mercenaries sides. NS would be in a tough spot if we were to join up.

And Comorostan, this is very good news! Thank you. Zoingo, we could always use your boys and your money too, if your willing to send em over.

AG, ya posted in the wrong place to say you have oil...

And St John....just leave man...no words for you.

I don't want to go to war over this, if that's what your suggesting, I'm not one of those n00b nations.

Comorostan
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Comorostan » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:26 pm

Allied Governments wrote:

You forgot Comaack.

Oh, how could I forget?

This shall be fun.
The People's State of Comorostan - communist Zoroastrians
Member of Kayfabeland

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:28 pm

Comorostan wrote:
Allied Governments wrote:

You forgot Comaack.

Oh, how could I forget?

This shall be fun.

Namely, i will end with a two (three max) page thread where they see what they are going up against, rage, then an argument occurs.

Flaming will occur, numbers will fly, and someone will, undoubtadely, have a nervous breakdown.

Oseato
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oseato » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:29 pm

Saint Johns County wrote:I believe my point's made, so I'll leave you to your business. If you really were joking about that, no harm done. But seriously?

I don't think you understand, BC is out for profit, if it means invading a small country for any reason, well so be it. Griffincrest was a big mover and shaker back on Jolt and while I understand some concern about being invaded...it's a game, all you had to do is say no.
République morivaine
La Resistance

"If world opinion is too feeble or egoistical to do justice to a martyred people, and if our voices also are too weak, I hope that Hungary’s resistance will endure until the counter-revolutionary State collapses everywhere in the East under the weight of its lies and contradictions."

Albert Camus, The Blood of The Hungarians, 1957

Saint Johns County
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Johns County » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:30 pm

My whole black-mail thing was part of the game. Everything I've said and done is part of the game. Although, you've made your point. I completely forgot about the whole consensual requirement of war on NS.

Telvira
Minister

Founded: Mar 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Telvira » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:32 pm

I'm going with what AG said.

n00b-stomping attempts, however legitimate, usually end in fail of epic proportions.

Still, I wholeheartedly endorse this brave attempt and am thankful that I have very little oil. You hear that, BC? VERY LITTLE OIL. No need to invade me... :unsure:
Last edited by Telvira on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United Empire of Telvira
Past Tech/Steampunk RP
Back under new management! Now controlled by the player behind Atlantian Dominions

L3 Communications
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby L3 Communications » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:55 pm

I have no domestic oil, so ha! :P
The Corporate Conglomerate of L3 Communications
L3 Corporate Factbook - L3 Embassy/Consulate Programme - L3 Broadcasting Corporation - L3 Communications - Global Armaments

- Member of The Conglomerate
- Member of CAPINTERN
- Member of the IFA
Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 7.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -4.46

New Nicksyllvania wrote:WA is jew infested tyranny that does not understand freedom and 0% taxation

Lyras wrote:Thirdly, the inclusion of multiple penetration aids (such as flares, chaff, false-target balloons and lubricant)...

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:24 pm

Oseato wrote:
Saint Johns County wrote:I believe my point's made, so I'll leave you to your business. If you really were joking about that, no harm done. But seriously?

I don't think you understand, BC is out for profit, if it means invading a small country for any reason, well so be it. Griffincrest was a big mover and shaker back on Jolt and while I understand some concern about being invaded...it's a game, all you had to do is say no.

OOC: If he was actually out for profit (as opposed to, say, war RPs) then he wouldn't use wars to get oil because wars cost more than you can earn from oil, especially at such low prices and in a country whose economy could be better. It's fairly ridiculous, really.

Of course, I have lots and lots of oil laying untapped in my borders because we don't really do much drilling at all. Environment and all that. Yep. Lots and lots of oil.

Anyway, hey, BC. I plan on seeing you on the other end of an oil war soon. Gotta defend me some newbies sometimes.
Last edited by Santheres on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:26 pm

Santheres wrote:
Oseato wrote:

OOC: If he was actually out for profit (as opposed to, say, war RPs) then he wouldn't use wars to get oil because wars cost more than you can earn from oil, especially at such low prices and in a country whose economy could be better. It's fairly ridiculous, really.

Of course, I have lots and lots of oil laying untapped in my borders because we don't really do much drilling at all. Environment and all that. Yep. Lots and lots of oil.

Anyway, hey, BC. I plan on seeing you on the other end of an oil war soon. Gotta defend me some newbies sometimes.

Those newbies have to be worth defending, though.

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:30 pm

OOC: What you deem worth defending and what I deem worth defending are two highly different things, and for many reasons. Comaack, for example, is worth me defending because I own a ton of his land. Others are worth it because I like the little buggers.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Trawach
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Trawach » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:34 am

OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT | FOREIGN AFFAIRS
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE | PRESS CORPS

To:
[1]Griffincrest Corporation
[2]Nations interested in formal trade with Griffincrest
From: Office of the President and the Trawacan Department of Defense
Subject: Warning

Greetings.

While the Republic of Trawach is not in charge of foreign affairs and the day-to-day trade in foreign nations, we implore these nations to halt trade with the Griffincrest Corporation and the Blackhelm Confederacy.

The blemished history of the Griffincrest Corporation, Blackhelm Confederacy and Corporate Alliance paint a picture of lies, deceit and death. It is imperative to the security of your nations that you do not engage in trade with any of the aforementioned groups.

In addition, the Republic of Trawach hereby condemns the Blackhelm Confederacy; including the Griffincrest Corporation, as well as the larger Corporate Alliance.

Any encroachment made by the Blackhelm Confederacy, Griffincrest or the Corporate Alliance will be regarded as casus belli for immediate retaliation.

Respectfully,

Lukas Stefan Müller
President
Republic of Trawach

Larry G. Capps
Secretary of Defense
Republic of Trawach
The Republic of Trawach
Part of Greater Dienstad
"Leo Terram Propriam Protegat"

Trawach on WikiStates
Former owner of Asgarnieu
Defense Condition: 3 (Significant risk of attack)

Salzland
Ambassador

Founded: May 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salzland » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:26 am

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:
Gracefall wrote:
Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:haha nah just bustin balls. You want oil?

OOC: No need. Gracefall only exports it because they don't use it anymore.

Yea...I already tagged you..you have 24 hours. Sorry bro.

And Salzland, you made it through too, yay! There are more of us good ol' boys here than I thought. I'll tell ya though, this seperate forums for trade made my life sooo much easier. Its that many less pages I gotta shift through now ya know?

OOC: Yeah there actually are a lot of us vets around, but you wouldn't be able to tell from the quantity of n00b threads popping up every hour. As for the new Economy sub-forum, as soon as I saw that I began waiting for GC to start coming down on the '09 Oil Exporters.

Though there will (likely) be a great deal of IC hatred due to... 'creative differences' in the pursuance of economic, military and political global objectives and policies, it's still good to see you back. If the entire NS world were made up of peaceful Western-style democracies (that actually RP-ed as such), things would get boring very quickly.
The Armed Republic of Salzland (Citizen: Salzlander)
    Proud ODECON Member
    Dagora Doctrine Signatory
    CASTLE Accords Signatory
    Polaris Initiative Member
    Akiwealth Member

Embassies: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1134

Flag Courtesy Of Fictions
Risk Management Incorporated: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55886

And there came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes and heroines found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, ODECON was born—to fight the foes no single nation could withstand! Through the years, their roster has prospered, changing many times, but their glory has never been denied! Heed the call, then—for now, ODEVENGERS Assemble!

Retired Roleplaying Mentor

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade