NATION

PASSWORD

Light Tanks Needed! [CLOSED]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Hintuwan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Light Tanks Needed! [CLOSED]

Postby Hintuwan » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:13 am

Ministry of Defence, Commonwealth of Hintuwan
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE | 2022 | January 6th
ATTN: International Arms Manufacturers
RE: Bid Placement For 20 Armored Reconnaissance Units

Greetings!

I have the honor of informing you today that, speaking on behalf of the Commonwealth's government, I have been instructed to place an international bid for 20 Armored Reconnaissance Units (specifically Light Tanks) for the purposes of bolstering the Commonwealth Army Ground Forces (CAGF) inventory. My country is specifically looking to strengthen its counter-terrorism and territorial defense capabilities by increasing its ground assault force multipliers and experimenting with new advancements made in modern combined arms doctrine. We are looking to establish at least 5 Battalion Combat Companies by the end of 2022 and require additional arms in order to do so.

Arms manufacturers wishing to participate in this bid should take note that any entry must be at least equipped with no less than 105mm calibre machine-guns, or automated 120-mm carrier mortars. Engine capacity, armor thickness, and canon size are at the discretion of the manufacturer however we are hoping that whatever vehicle is offered to us will be able to function reliably even when put under the tropical conditions of our country.

The selection of a vehicle from among the submitted bids will come only after rigorous evaluation by the Hintuwani Ministry of Defense and testing by our army personnel have been accomplished.

The Commonwealth of Hintuwan is relatively nimble in terms of global economic influence however we are willing to pay what is necessary in order to protect our citizens from both external and internal threats. We ask only for reasonable and competitive prices for quality-made materiel.

Please help us preserve our Commonwealth's prosperity, and good luck to the participants!

Signed,
Gen. (ret.) Parasaligan Daclan
Minister of Defence
Hintuwan
Last edited by Hintuwan on Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RP Music

RPs I'm In
(1) (2)
  • Long live all the republics of the world! May justice and liberty prevail throughout the world!
14 Mar 2024 | ✉  Radio Free Hintuwan    Now Playing - Do You Hear the People Sing? (Filipino)   Economy shows signs of recovery

Etoile Arcture
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Etoile Arcture » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:48 pm

Subject: Armored Reconnaissance Units
From: Dr. Gilfillan McCullough, Chief Sales Officer, Consortia SA
To: General Parasaligan Daclan, Minister of Defence, Commonwealth of Hintuwan

Dear General Daclan,

I am writing to in response to your request for bid for 20 armoured reconnaissance vehicles/light tanks intended for rapid crisis response to any contingency ranging from conventional to guerrilla warfare. Our company has analysed your requirements and have determined that a wheeled platform may be best suited for operations across an island archipelago with such varied terrain and propose to offer the M344 Wolverine 8x8 wheeled medium armoured vehicle produced by Sequoia Dynamics Land Systems. The M344 Wolverine equips the light expeditionary forces of the Etoile Arcture Ground Forces and is fully tropicalised for operations in our coastal Mangrove forests. It has been developed into a number of variants with the following two our prime bids for your competition:

M348 Werewolf Mounted Gun System with unmanned low-profile oscillating turret mounting a 105 mm L/52 rifled cannon

M349 Wolfsbane Armoured Mortar System with unmanned turret mounting a 120 mm automatic gun-mortar

Please note for comparison the cartridge case of a 105 mm sabot round has a greater diameter than a 120 mm mortar bomb.

All M344 Wolverine variants posseses the following qualities that we consider relevant to your requirements:
  • Light weight allowing for easy redeployment by airlift and sealift between islands (our company can also supply Landing Ship Transports from Amoskeag Iron Works for this purpose);
  • Deep water fording capability that can be used for river crossing and beach landing;
  • Hybrid-electric drive train with high torque availability for overcoming hilly and mountainous terrain, with silent watch, low thermal signature and rapid acceleration over all types of terrains;
  • Modular turret ring mount for remote weapon station modules with options for a 105 mm gun (mounted gun system), 120 mm automatic mortar (armoured mortar system), 25-40 mm automatic cannon (armoured personnel carrier and air defence vehicle) and anti-tank guided missile launcher (missile carrier vehicle);
  • High vehicle and crew survivability with STANAG 4569/AEP-55 ballistic protection and MRAP Category II blast protection for the hull, B-kit add-on protection including anti-RPG slat armour and explosive reactive armour modules, and electronic anti-mine/anti-IED detection and jamming systems, and STANAG 4634 overpressure collective protection system with climate control in the crew compartment;
  • Optronic suite with three-axis stabilised panoramic day/night all-weather thermal sight with long-range surveillance and target identification capabilities including eye-safe laser rangefinder, and mutliple CCD day/night cameras providing 360° situational awareness;
  • Robust digital electronic architecture of radiation-hardened computers and ruggedised touch displays, drive-by-wire control system, digital fire control system, Blue Force tracker/deconfliction system and battlefield management system.
Our company is prepared to provide on request complete vehicles of either variant for testing and evaluation by the Commonwealth Army Ground Forces.

Yours Sincerely,

Signed:

Dr. Gilfillan McCullough, Chief Sales Officer, Consortia SA
Unitary Technocracy of Etoile Arcture
"Excellere Contende"
Defence Condition: 5
No railguns, no orbital lasers, no god rods, no orbital nukes, no armed satellites, no space fighters, no "I Win" button
Region: NovaAlliances: ConcordantDelian LeagueCASTLEEmbassy: Diplomatic Parc
Treaties & Agreements: Theeb Accords I & II • Dagora DoctrineKázmér DoctrineAmistad Declaration

International Organisations: International Space FederationStorefronts: Consortia

Hintuwan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Hintuwan » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:14 pm

Etoile Arcture wrote:

Subject: Armored Reconnaissance Units

Dear General Daclan,

I am writing to in response to your request for bid for 20 armoured reconnaissance vehicles/light tanks intended for rapid crisis response to any contingency ranging from conventional to guerrilla warfare. Our company has analysed your requirements and have determined that a wheeled platform may be best suited for operations across an island archipelago with such varied terrain and propose to offer the M344 Wolverine 8x8 wheeled medium armoured vehicle produced by Sequoia Dynamics Land Systems. The M344 Wolverine equips the light expeditionary forces of the Etoile Arcture Ground Forces and is fully tropicalised for operations in our coastal Mangrove forests. It has been developed into a number of variants with the following two our prime bids for your competition:

(Image)
M348 Werewolf Mounted Gun System with unmanned low-profile oscillating turret mounting a 105 mm L/52 rifled cannon

(Image)
M349 Wolfsbane Armoured Mortar System with unmanned turret mounting a 120 mm automatic gun-mortar

Please note for comparison the cartridge case of a 105 mm sabot round has a greater diameter than a 120 mm mortar bomb.

All M344 Wolverine variants posseses the following qualities that we consider relevant to your requirements:
  • Light weight allowing for easy redeployment by airlift and sealift between islands (our company can also supply Landing Ship Transports from Amoskeag Iron Works for this purpose);
  • Deep water fording capability that can be used for river crossing and beach landing;
  • Hybrid-electric drive train with high torque availability for overcoming hilly and mountainous terrain, with silent watch, low thermal signature and rapid acceleration over all types of terrains;
  • Modular turret ring mount for remote weapon station modules with options for a 105 mm gun (mounted gun system), 120 mm automatic mortar (armoured mortar system), 25-40 mm automatic cannon (armoured personnel carrier and air defence vehicle) and anti-tank guided missile launcher (missile carrier vehicle);
  • High vehicle and crew survivability with STANAG 4569/AEP-55 ballistic protection and MRAP Category II blast protection for the hull, B-kit add-on protection including anti-RPG slat armour and explosive reactive armour modules, and electronic anti-mine/anti-IED detection and jamming systems, and STANAG 4634 overpressure collective protection system with climate control in the crew compartment;
  • Optronic suite with three-axis stabilised panoramic day/night all-weather thermal sight with long-range surveillance and target identification capabilities including eye-safe laser rangefinder, and mutliple CCD day/night cameras providing 360° situational awareness;
  • Robust digital electronic architecture of radiation-hardened computers and ruggedised touch displays, drive-by-wire control system, digital fire control system, Blue Force tracker/deconfliction system and battlefield management system.
Our company is prepared to provide on request complete vehicles of either variant for testing and evaluation by the Commonwealth Army Ground Forces.

Yours Sincerely,

Signed:

(Image)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE | 2022 | January 6th
TO: Dr. Gilfillan McCullough, Chief Sales Officer, Consortia SA

Thank you for your participation in this bid. We will be sending personnel to your country shortly to test variants of the Wolverine which the Ministry has taken interest in - specifically the M346 Wolfhound Armoured Scout Vehicle; the M344 Series 1; the M344 Medical Evacuation Vehicle; and of course the M349 Wolfsbane Armoured Mortar System. Considering the designs you've sent us are quite impressive I am extremely optimistic about the results.

After that we will try to extend the bid we have sent out a little longer before we make our final decision to see if we can attract any other manufacturers.

Signed,
Minister of Defence
Hintuwan
RP Music

RPs I'm In
(1) (2)
  • Long live all the republics of the world! May justice and liberty prevail throughout the world!
14 Mar 2024 | ✉  Radio Free Hintuwan    Now Playing - Do You Hear the People Sing? (Filipino)   Economy shows signs of recovery

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Common Territories » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:53 am

To: Gen. (ret.) Parasaligan Daclan, Ministry of Defence; Commonwealth of Hintuwan.
From: Matthäus J. Schulze, Chief Communications Officer; Wolf Armaments Incorporated.
Subject: Light Tank Bid App.
Encryption: Highest.

Dear Mr. Keita,

Good day to you. Let me first introduce myself. My name is Matthäus Schulze and I am the Chief Communications Officer for Wolf Armaments; it is my duty to represent my company to outsiders such as yourself through all possible communications channels. On behalf of my other Board members, our gracious stockholders, and our many employees, I write to you today with interests of doing business with your country.

As you may or may not know, Wolf Armaments is an international provider of defense equipment, supplies of armaments, and similar minded miscellaneous products that are provided to militaries and citizens around the world. Products that include heavily armored vehicles, warships, combat aircraft, basic soldier equipment like guns and hand tools, and everything in-between. While most of our facilities are located in mainland TECT, we have an extensive manufacturing network numbering in the thousands located all over the world. It has come to our attention that your government has put forth a bid to the international defense/armaments industry for the purpose of acquiring new armored vehicles, specifically light tanks. Wolf Armaments stands ready to answer your call!

Wolf Armaments wishes to submit its own Schwert Light Battle Tank for consideration. The Schwert LBT is a lightweight, amphibious tank designed by our company for use in the TECT Imperial Army and Königlich Gardisten Seekorps (Royal Maritime Guardsman Corps). In the Imperial Army, the Schwert serves as an armored reconnaissance vehicle tasked with advanced reconnaissance missions for advancing armored units. With the Guardsman Corps the Schwert serves in many capacities. Reconnaissance, combat landing operations, and its many variants serve as marine combat vehicles.

We believe the Schwert is ideal for your country for the following reasons. Its lightweight profile and amphibious capabilities present a unique advantage over the competition in terms of passable terrain and combat reconnaissance missions. As a tropical nation, mud, water, and foliage are obstacles many vehicles struggle in at times. Schwert is resistant to such obstacles however given that is was purely designed for marine operations; its low pressure and excellent track system prevent most accidents from ever happening. Schwert's standard eighty millimeter cannon is highly accurate and deadly for light to mid armored targets, most defenses, and comes with many types of ammunition suitable for modern targets. If your forces are not satisfied by Schwert's standard armament package, however, our native variant selection feature a heavier one hundred and five millimeter cannon as well as another utilizing one hundred and twenty-five millimeter howitzer system. Speaking of artillery, although we do not currently manufacture any such variants, Wolf Armaments is more than capable of constructing a mortar system as requested in your bid requirements; we currently use a one hundred and fifty-five millimeter heavy mortar system in the Empire's armed force, but a one hundred and twenty millimeter version would be far easier to install if that's your preferred alternative. We offer an automatic cannon variant as well with our preference being the forty millimeter variety, if such variants are to your liking; we've found them to be very capable marine combat vehicles capable of serious force projection. If there are other variant desires your country is interested in, my company would be pleased to meet such requirements to the best of our abilities.

If there are other similar need for lightweight or marine vehicles, Wolf Armament's vehicle catalog features a few options that may interest your armed forces. Furthermore, other systems such as weapons, warships, and tools are available for your pursuing at any time. Hopefully our submission meets your requirements and garners your interest. I and my company await your response if deemed worthy.

Sincerely,
Matthäus J. Schulze, CCO
Wolf Armaments

Etoile Arcture
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Etoile Arcture » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:34 am

Subject: Re: Armored Reconnaissance Units

Dear General Daclan,

Thank you for your speedy and thoughtful response to our bid. We are pleased to learn of your interest in the M344 Wolverine family and are eager to proceed to the field testing phase at the earliest convenience of the Ministry of Defence. I have made all the necessary arrangements to receive your evaluators and provide them with full and unrestricted access to any of Sequoia Dynamics testing facilities, and to production models of the M346 Wolfhound, Series 1 APC, Series 4 MEV and M349 Wolfsbane. To expedite matters I will send all relevant technical, engineering and maintenance documentation to the Ministry of Defence for advanced preparation of the testing team, and will be grateful to receive a full set of test requirements so that I am better able to assign those facilities in Etoile Arcture most closely matching the environment, geography and climate of Hintuwan to give your personnel the most realistic testing conditions to run the vehicles through.

Yours Sincerely,

Signed:

Unitary Technocracy of Etoile Arcture
"Excellere Contende"
Defence Condition: 5
No railguns, no orbital lasers, no god rods, no orbital nukes, no armed satellites, no space fighters, no "I Win" button
Region: NovaAlliances: ConcordantDelian LeagueCASTLEEmbassy: Diplomatic Parc
Treaties & Agreements: Theeb Accords I & II • Dagora DoctrineKázmér DoctrineAmistad Declaration

International Organisations: International Space FederationStorefronts: Consortia

Hintuwan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Hintuwan » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:02 am

Common Territories wrote:

To: Gen. (ret.) Parasaligan Daclan, Ministry of Defence; Commonwealth of Hintuwan.
From: Matthäus J. Schulze, Chief Communications Officer; Wolf Armaments Incorporated.

Dear Mr. Keita,

Good day to you. Let me first introduce myself. My name is Matthäus Schulze and I am the Chief Communications Officer for Wolf Armaments; it is my duty to represent my company to outsiders such as yourself through all possible communications channels. On behalf of my other Board members, our gracious stockholders, and our many employees, I write to you today with interests of doing business with your country.

As you may or may not know, Wolf Armaments is an international provider of defense equipment, supplies of armaments, and similar minded miscellaneous products that are provided to militaries and citizens around the world. Products that include heavily armored vehicles, warships, combat aircraft, basic soldier equipment like guns and hand tools, and everything in-between. While most of our facilities are located in mainland TECT, we have an extensive manufacturing network numbering in the thousands located all over the world. It has come to our attention that your government has put forth a bid to the international defense/armaments industry for the purpose of acquiring new armored vehicles, specifically light tanks. Wolf Armaments stands ready to answer your call!

Wolf Armaments wishes to submit its own Schwert Light Battle Tank for consideration. The Schwert LBT is a lightweight, amphibious tank designed by our company for use in the TECT Imperial Army and Königlich Gardisten Seekorps (Royal Maritime Guardsman Corps). In the Imperial Army, the Schwert serves as an armored reconnaissance vehicle tasked with advanced reconnaissance missions for advancing armored units. With the Guardsman Corps the Schwert serves in many capacities. Reconnaissance, combat landing operations, and its many variants serve as marine combat vehicles.

We believe the Schwert is ideal for your country for the following reasons. Its lightweight profile and amphibious capabilities present a unique advantage over the competition in terms of passable terrain and combat reconnaissance missions. As a tropical nation, mud, water, and foliage are obstacles many vehicles struggle in at times. Schwert is resistant to such obstacles however given that is was purely designed for marine operations; its low pressure and excellent track system prevent most accidents from ever happening. Schwert's standard eighty millimeter cannon is highly accurate and deadly for light to mid armored targets, most defenses, and comes with many types of ammunition suitable for modern targets. If your forces are not satisfied by Schwert's standard armament package, however, our native variant selection feature a heavier one hundred and five millimeter cannon as well as another utilizing one hundred and twenty-five millimeter howitzer system. Speaking of artillery, although we do not currently manufacture any such variants, Wolf Armaments is more than capable of constructing a mortar system as requested in your bid requirements; we currently use a one hundred and fifty-five millimeter heavy mortar system in the Empire's armed force, but a one hundred and twenty millimeter version would be far easier to install if that's your preferred alternative. We offer an automatic cannon variant as well with our preference being the forty millimeter variety, if such variants are to your liking; we've found them to be very capable marine combat vehicles capable of serious force projection. If there are other variant desires your country is interested in, my company would be pleased to meet such requirements to the best of our abilities.

If there are other similar need for lightweight or marine vehicles, Wolf Armament's vehicle catalog features a few options that may interest your armed forces. Furthermore, other systems such as weapons, warships, and tools are available for your pursuing at any time. Hopefully our submission meets your requirements and garners your interest. I and my company await your response if deemed worthy.

Sincerely,
Matthäus J. Schulze, CCO
Wolf Armaments

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE | 2022 | January 8th
TO: Matthäus J. Schulze, CCO of Wolf Armaments

Your "Schwert Light Battle Tank" design has caught the eye of this Ministry, Mr. Schulze! It is the opinion of my staff that the multi-purpose nature of your vehicle may prove to be quite valuable in our future offensives. And of course, being well-established manufacturers, we are quite confident that the products you are selling us will last a long time. Among all of the designs submitted to us both privately and publicly, yours seems to be the most powerful, Mr. Schulze. I have no doubt that they will really pack a punch when subjected to combat testing.

That however brings us to one of my main concerns, which is that it may be a little too powerful for our purposes. Each unit is twice more expensive than our current budgetary allocation for the purchase of these vehicles. I should inform you that there are some in this ministry who believe we should be purchasing low-cost LTs with highly replaceable parts in large quantities rather than high-cost LTs with complex parts in small quantities. This is because many of our opponents in our current anti-terrorism campaign do not possess sufficient enough anti-tank piercing material to warrant ARMOX500Z High Hard Armour steel plating. Mounted missile-launchers may also not necessarily need to be on the tanks themselves since we are investing in drone technology to carry-out unmanned precision bombardment.

Well, of course this is subject to change - especially if the GNIS get a hold of such material anyway and that is why I am not wholly convinced of this proposed approach, since I believe that such a strategy will come at the cost of LT quality and combat efficiency. Still the dissenting voices do possess some merit.

I suppose what I am trying to say, Mr. Schulze, is that we defer to your expert analysis of our terrain and current situation in fighting the GNIS guerilla army. Whether or not you would propose that we purchase a different vehicle in your inventory or if you can help us by providing a tactical rationalization for why the Schwert is valuable enough to warrant us paying twice the price we intended, I leave to your discretion.

In any case, I will be sending representatives of the ministry over to your headquarters in 2-3 business days for testing of the Schwert LBT. If you could set-up some sort of obstacle course to replicate the extraneous muddy swamp-like conditions in Gambang Province that the Schwert will be deployed in if we go forward with carrying-out this transaction, my men would be grateful. The ministry will compare the results with other vehicles that have been submitted in this bid and, on top of your tactical analysis, decide for ourselves whether it rationalizes the cost.

Like I said before though, you are the representative of quite a well-established and reputable manufacturer, and that gives me much optimism about what such a test will determine.

We look forward to working with you soon!

Signed,
Minister of Defence
Hintuwan
RP Music

RPs I'm In
(1) (2)

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Common Territories » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:45 am

Dear Mr. Keita,

Good day to you sir and thank you for your prompt reply. Your compliments and trust in our brand is much appreciated and on behalf of my company, we thank you for your kind words. Moving onto the main subject though, this is indeed a perplexing situation we find ourselves in.

Although I was never a military serviceman personally, your nation's situation was brought to the attention of our sales department which has a Board of experienced and informed veterans from all walks of military service in the Empire. This Board, although tasked like others in helping to make sales to customers such as yours, is specially in place for the purpose of examining difficult strategic and tactical environments customers like you face. If a customer, like yourself, faces threats from unorthodox combatants in swamp/marine environments, they will put together a list of products that meet your needs without sparing any options. The Board has determined after investigating your nation in depth, and taking the information provided, that Wolf Armaments does have vehicles that suite your needs in three different categories based on budget requirements and operability in theater: A light, medium, and heavy category if you will. I will begin laying out each option shortly, but the Board has also wished to voice that vehicles in such swampy, rainforest environments are likely ineffective in most combat situations. Rainforests in particular are nearly impossible for many heavier vehicles to cross without well-kept roads or good amphibious capabilities; even then mud and foliage is a concerning issue. This is of course ignoring the enemy who're already aware of this liability and are unorthodox in nature. But you know your home better than we do, so we default to you on such matters. So what the Board suggests outside of ground vehicles is special infantry units trained for such environments to spearhead such anti-terror/guerilla operations; transportation can be handled by ground or air assets, but it's unlikely many ground assets can reach certain areas. Your approach with aircraft is a most wise decision according to them as they suggest your support assets should be entirely aircraft based (everything from light turboprop CAS to gunships, drones being excellent choices too) or modern artillery (guided rockets/shells, and accurate modern guns, and proficient crews). I will list our own inventory of such available assets as a fourth option if your country is interested in diversifying your military weaponry against these guerillas.

Option One, the Light approach, is a combination of cheaper, lightweight combat/non-combat support vehicles capable of traversing most of this difficult terrain. Rather than light tanks, these combat vehicles would be ambiguously classified as armored fighting vehicles. Such vehicles typically sport less armor than a tank but would have more available variants (of which can be used in more than just anti-guerilla operations) that could come in handy in specialty roles and would posses the most superior mobility of all options. In our inventory, we would suggest the Dingo AFV. Dingo is a lightweight armored fighting vehicle designed for airborne and marine units needing mobile vehicle based support, but lacked budgetary funds and faced weight limits. Dingo is ideal for your situation because it is lightweight but designed for difficult terrain, it is small enough to traverse many rainforest environments, and Dingo's wide variant selection would fill most if not all required roles in your quest to eliminate these guerillas. The only downside the Board could see is Dingo's inability to traverse water (Dingo is not amphibious). Although it lacks a version equipped with a tank cannon, there are anti-tank variants available. Most importantly, unit price should be significantly cheaper compared to high-end or even mid-term light tanks. We aren't aware if your guerillas have serious armored assets, but Dingo's can tackle them if necessary if the correct equipment is available.

Option Two, the Medium approach, is a combination of mid-term vehicles (and/or lighter ones as mentioned before) that fill the roles needed. This would include some light tanks, but mostly be delegated to armored fighting vehicles or infantry fighting vehicles, the latter being notably heavier. Such vehicles do have better armor with the same or better armament advantages even if some lack mobility or variant diversity - though that's not all true for every vehicle in said category. With that stated, our suggestion for a compromise between lighter/cheaper and heavier/expensive options is the Schildkröte AAV/APC. The Schildkröte is an amphibious assault vehicle that doubles as an armored personnel carrier and armored fighting vehicle. As an amphibious vehicle, water and difficult terrain in marine environments is the normal for the Schildkröte. Although its size isn't truly ideal for rainforests in general, most vehicles of the same category suffer the same limitations. It is also less maneuverable compared the the lighter option, but makes up for it in its ability to actually traverse water with ease. Schildkröte's strongest points in this selection is its ideal selection of variants your nation desires. This would include a mobile gun system of the caliber your nation is looking for, a mortar carrier variant you also seek, and other combat/ground support variants we believe would be beneficial overall to your nation's defenses. The one major downside to this selection is that Schildkröte is also as expensive as our light tank bid, which you've mentioned is of serious concern to your government. It is in this price range primarily because of its widely versatile capabilities along with our special attention to product quality. Although we understand that your nation may not need such vehicles at this time, Schildkröte is a compromise on paper between our lighter and heavy options with a focus on specialty at a cost of course.

Option Three, the Heavy approach would be our Schwert Light Battle Tank for the reasons listed in our original bid. Heavier options would include mostly heavy combat vehicles such as tanks, infantry fighting vehicles, and specialty armored fighting vehicles. A heavier option attempts to meet your original requirements while meeting what expectations a vehicle should have for its destined battlefield. As such, a heavy option should have the armor you're looking for, come with the firepower required, and be operable in areas needed by your military. Schwert meets these requirements, simply put, since it is the better armored option compared to earlier mentions, has the firepower required, excels in marine terrain, and is literally our best armored option for your specific requirements without going outside those boundaries (such as including main battle tanks or heavier infantry fighting vehicles). The one downside we seriously see in this option would be the situational operability presented here. We strongly think tanks in general are not needed unless your foe has the firepower, manpower, or tanks of their own; if the battlefield itself benefits to have them, that too could be a proper reason we suppose. The bid we filled in the process to create this vehicle for the Empire had vastly different requirements than what your nation seeks now for example. It is not that we don't think Schwert is capable of what you wish it to, it is that we believe our Board is correct in its earlier assessment. If anything Schwert excels too well in this scenario. With that said, if your nation seeks firepower that would serve well even against your conventional foes, Schwert is the best (or at least one of) options we posses for your nation if it seeks firepower with the requirements listed.

Lastly, our supplemental option I mentioned earlier would be items we believe would greatly enhance your forces in their fight against these guerillas but are not actual light tanks or armored vehicles. For now we will only list cost saving support systems as that's what your government is currently seeking and we've already listed vehicles that're most suitable for your harsh environment. But if your nation is interested in looking outside the box further, our product page is always available to research from. The two land systems I wish to specifically introduce are the HMS-15 Armbrust and the M120 'Hannes Haase' Recoilless Rifle. Although we have many artillery options available, of which I could and would suggest, the Armbrust is special in this regards primarily because of its mobility. Armbrust is the heaviest artillery option we offer that's extremely mobile with some variants of the vehicles mentioned earlier having mortar variants using Armbrust. Its firepower and range are excellent and can only be bested by howitzers. We believe the Armbrust is suitable for your needs purely because of its mobility, allowing it to serve even in the roughest of terrains. The wide selection of ammunition means those guerillas stand no chance, nor does any near-peer opponent if that scenario ever arises. As for the M120 'Hannes Haase', we believe its firepower, matched with excellent mobility, is something your nation could widely use in such terrain proficiently. Similar weapon systems have been preferred by jungle forces for over a hundred years for example. Many deployment options exist for the M120, as does its selection of ammunition, so we believe if mobile firepower is something your infantry need, the M120 is ideal. The best part is that the M120 is much cheaper than every other item mentioned thus far. So if budget woes concern your country, and you need direct fire support, the M120 is a suitable contender to assist you in this fight.

We hope this lengthy dialog has been beneficial in helping you decide what assets you may need to root out these guerillas. Even if your choice at the end of the day isn't Wolf Armaments, it is our pleasure to be of any assistance to bringing security to your homeland. I look forward to your reply once your decision has been made. May you have a well armed and safe day!

Sincerely,
Matthäus J. Schulze, CCO
Wolf Armaments

Lauzanne
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 08, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Lauzanne » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:20 am

LAUZANEXPORT CDT OFFICE OF SALES & EXPORTS

TO: GEN. DACIAN, MINISTER FOR DEFENCE
FROM: HEAD OF SALES & EXPORT, LAUZANEXPORT CIVIL & DEFENCE TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: SALE OF ARMOURED RECONNAISSANCE UNITS

Greetings, General Dacian.

The members down at the sales department have sent me information regarding a possible contract for armoured reconnaissance vehicles. The details were forwarded to the department heads, who found some of the requirements somewhat confusing. However, there are two appropriate vehicles, one that fulfils the stated requirements, and another one which has proven itself a capable reconnaissance vehicle in the Spring War, albeit one lacking the required gun.

We thank you for your consideration.

ATTACHMENT: 2 FILES

B. KRYUGER
HEAD OF SALES & EXPORT, LAUZANEXPORT CIVIL & DEFENCE TECHNOLOGY
RASELAN, LAUZANNE

ATTACHMENT1: SERVAL
M-10T WHEELED FIRE SUPPORT VEHICLE "SERVAL"

Currently in service with the 3rd Light Tank Battalion and Pecheneg Regt, the Serval as-is sports a 125mm 2A46 derived gun that has developed APFSDS, Multipurpose and ATGM ammunition available for it on request. Should the 125 not be to your preferences, a low recoil 120mm gun can be installed in it's stead.

The Serval uses the same common chassis as the other vehicles in the larger M-10 or "W-chassis" selection, should the need arise to replace other vehicles in your armed forces, and if it is selected, a superior gun sight and commander's independent thermal viewer (CITV) can be fitted to improve overall combat effectiveness.

It's light weight, low profile, high speed, cost effectiveness (1.3 million per unit), high firepower and ease of maintenance would hopefully make it a strong contender.

ATTACHMENT2: LYNX

Given the M-10R was small, lacked ATGMs for self defence and lacked a Ground Surveillance Radar (GSR), the additional model of M-10RM was added. Using the same 6x6 chassis as the Serval allowed for a larger turret, fitted with the AC-35 35mm autocannon, two Contender ATGM tubes, a mast-mounted camera to allow for surveillance when behind cover, and a ground surveillance radar with a high resolution to detect vehicles at long range.

When used in the Spring War, the missiles were able to effectively destroy enemy tanks with tandem-HEAT munitions, the autocannon with airburst ammunition quickly destroyed hostile cover, and the high resolution IR and radar greatly assisted in target acquisition and recognition.
A free country of 32 million in Eastern Europe, torn between the East, the West and forging it's own path.

The Land of Spring: Lore/Stories Thread

Unofficial anthem of Lauzanne

Lauzanexport CDT (My arms storefront)

Nachmere
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nachmere » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:41 pm

Dear General,

Schwerpunkt is the leading arms maker in Nachmere, with decades of experience in small arms and heavy arms production. We supply arms to many dozens of national armed forces and law enforcement agencies across the world. We have been developing a vehicle, based on our in production WUAP 8X8 family, that may meet your needs.

To learn more about this tank please click here. We believe the Leopard would make an outstanding tank for both recon and battle engagement missions. It combines features proven on vehicles sold to and used in combat by many military organizations around the globe.

We hope to be able to equip your forces, and are happy to answer any questions.
Schwerpunkt.

Hintuwan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Hintuwan » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:10 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE | 2022 | January 17th
ATTN: International Arms Manufacturers
RE: Bid Placement For 20 Armored Reconnaissance Units

Greetings!

I am proud to announce that, after a rigorous process of selection and careful consideration, the Ministry of Defence has decided to award its light tank manufacturing contract to SEQUOIA DYNAMICS LAND SYSTEMS for 20 units of their M344 WOLVERINE SERIES 1 ARMOURED PERSONNEL CARRIER, LOW INTENSITY WARFARE MODULAR ARMOUR B-KIT design. To the manufacturer, please be aware that we will be transferring a total of US$50.0M in funds to your business account shortly.

I would like to personally thank all the other manufacturers who have participated in this bid. While there were many candidates who submitted their designs, we selected the M344 Wolverine because of its balance between utility and cost. Specifically, the Ministry believes - based on the findings of our endurance tests - that the Wolverine is best suited to solve the Commonwealth Army's terrain challenges in Panhai among all other candidates while also being capable of fulfilling the tasks necessitated by any foreign peacekeeping missions our country might participate in the future. We find the Wolverine to generally be a great all-around multi-purpose vehicle which will help strengthen the military might of our democratic government.

For those who submitted their designs but did not make the cut, please know that you have opened the Ministry's eyes to a great many materiel which we may still consider purchasing in the future, particularly if the geopolitical situations shift such that our military capacity must adapt once more. We hope to continue being in touch with your respective staffs, and that we may still be able to work together in future endeavors.

Signed,
Minister of Defence
Hintuwan
Last edited by Hintuwan on Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RP Music

RPs I'm In
(1) (2)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade