NATION

PASSWORD

Caltrop Anti-Vehicle Landmine

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:07 pm

Dimensions: 84 mm x 84 mm x 330 mm
Mass: 4.9 kg
Material: Steel/plastic
Explosive weight: 2 kg
Arming time: 60 seconds
Self-destruct timer: 48 hours / none
Sensitivity: 200 grams metal / 100 kilograms metal
Vibration sensor: Yes
Orders: $1 million per lot of 5,000
DPR: $100 million

Make all your orders at Allanean Defense Exports

Background: The Caltrop anti-vehicle landmine is the Allanean Arms answer to the Free Kingdom Armed Forces requirement to produce a landmine that would serve as an affordable anti-vehicle / anti-personnel bar mine capable of being deployed by artillery munition, aircraft, or portable kit, and a successor to the Soviet-designed PTM mine in Allanean and allied service.

Improved materials use, the use of compact electronics and more powerful explosives has allowed the creation of a landmine that made use of slightly more explosive than the PTM-3 while keeping similar weight and external dimensions.

The landmine is a bar shape, with concave surfaces on the four long sides. These concave surfaces serve to focus the blast, maximizing armor penetration penetration. The sensor/detonator reacts to the presence of a metal object, self-calibrating upon activation of the mine. (In other words, the detonator sets off the mine when the amount of metal present in direct proximity of the mine increases substantially – that is, when either an armed person or a vehicle approaches).

The landmine's sensor is programmed before deployment, allowing it to react either to small (200 grams or more) amounts of metal, or large (100 kilograms or more) amount. In the former case, clearly, the mine will be set off by any armed individual or vehicle, while in the latter case the presence of an armored vehicle is necessary to set the mine off. The sensor can be programmed either electronically or by means of a switch on the mine's body. However once the mine is deployed, it cannot be reprogrammed in any way. The mine is also equipped by a optionally-activated vibration / tilt sensor to react to the approach of vehicles or persons or to attempts to move the mine. This serves as an additional counterdemining mechanism.

Safety mechanisms: While naturally a landmine of any kind is a lethal weapon, it would be ideal if we could minimize collateral damage from unattended explosive devices. For this purpose the mine is equipped with two safety mechanisms – it can be set with a 48-hour self-destruct timer. If that is not possible for any tactical reasons or should the timer fail, the mine will self-destruct when the sensor battery runs out in approximately a year from deployment.

Despite the abovementioned features, the self-destruct rate of the Caltrop anti-tank mine is not 100%. In any circumstance where thousands of landmines are deployed, some will remain unexploded. Please follow normal safety protocols when operating any explosives and landmines. Allanean Defense Exports, Allanean Arms, and any of their legal representatives, cannot be held liable for casualties resulting from the combat use of the Caltrop anti-tank landmines, or from breaches of any of the ndustry-standard and accepted safety protocols associated with the use of weapons and explosive materials

Make all your orders at Allanean Defense Exports
Last edited by Allanea on Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Return to Global Economics and Trade