NATION

PASSWORD

How to Calculate the Avg Cost of Rent Using NS Trends

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Independence Hill
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

How to Calculate the Avg Cost of Rent Using NS Trends

Postby Independence Hill » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:15 pm

poorest 10% income x avg income = x

x/average cost of a house = y

√(y) = z multiplied by a score from below-

Frightening (x1.75)
All Consuming (x1.50)
Powerhouse (x1.25)
Thriving (x1)

Numbers growing larger with higher economic classifications addresses inflationary phenomena.

Example applied: Economy = Thriving Exchange rate is []1.00 = $2.84

35,475.61 x 86,654.57 = 3,074,123,730.0377

3,074,123,730.0377 / 129,185.75 = 23,796.15189785019

√(23,796.15189785019) = []154.2600139305393 ($438.0984395627317)

[]154.2600139305393 x 1 = []154.2600139305393/Month's Rent

Equation to get average cost of a house so you can try this formula out is:

Average Cost of a House: ((Timberwood Chipping + Manufacturing + Scientific Advancement) x Productivity Score) / 404,000,000 x Average Income of the Poor + Average Income = Average Price of a House.
Last edited by Independence Hill on Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are canon. We are not a copy of the United States of America, just a nation with American elements. The large star in the middle of our flag is to symbolize the executive nation as a uniting force while the crown above is to symbolize that this executive nation also has central banking powers. We are still a democratic republic, with a president, two houses of congress, and a judicial branch.

New Luxia
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Luxia » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:48 pm

Hi,

Are you able to do this calculations for some of the nations in my region?

I tried using the formula to work out myself but got something silly like 3.135 or something but it is 3am here so maybe that's why :p

Thanks

Independence Hill
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Independence Hill » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:54 am

New Luxia wrote:Hi,

I tried using the formula to work out myself but got something silly like 3.135 or something but it is 3am here so maybe that's why :p

Thanks

Hi. Thank you so much for the request. Of course I'll do an economic report for your nations. Just so you know, this particular economic report is geared toward whole regions that have a government which collects taxes on its members. In my case, my region has states which are autonomous and I collect taxes from them for the betterment of the entire regi-nation. If you do not have a government over your region which collects taxes, that portion of the report will be left out.
NS stats are canon. We are not a copy of the United States of America, just a nation with American elements. The large star in the middle of our flag is to symbolize the executive nation as a uniting force while the crown above is to symbolize that this executive nation also has central banking powers. We are still a democratic republic, with a president, two houses of congress, and a judicial branch.

Independence Hill
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Independence Hill » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:43 am

New Luxia wrote:Hi,

Thanks

All metrices are calculated using NS Trends. On the 'Trends' screen, you'll see a button below that can measure your own region. Time is measured by setting one NS year = one Earth day. This report is subject to change from NS year to NS year (day to day) and at least some NS years won't have a report at all.
This report is for the Paradisian Archipelago region.

------------------------------------------------------------General Information----------------------------------
Date: 4/3/21

Total Population: 23.632 B

National Civil Rights: 54.79 (Average)

National Economy: 73.35 (Strong) (Having a lower Economic Productivity rating can also lower outcomes for IQ, exchange rate, and can also stagnate costs for products like houses and automobiles)

National Political Freedom: 48.91 (Below Average)

Avg IQ: 89.41 (Your Economic Productivity Rating is causing your average IQ to drag. To keep this score up, you need to focus on Health, Human Development, and Intelligence from the trends screen)
------------------------------------------------------------------------Economy---------------------------------
Unemployment Rate: 4.61% (Unemployment drops with each economic upgrade. However, prices for things also rise with each upgrade)

Minimum Wage: 14.19/Hr ($42.57) Your citizens aren't spending enough to keep up with their incomes.

GRP: 3.392 Q

GRP Per Capita: 145,193.04

Exchange Rate: 1.00 Pound = $3.00 (This is assuming that the pound and all other currencies in your region are equal or close in value to each other.)

Avg Income: Poorest 10%: 32,188.03 ($96,564.09) | Middle Class: 73,555.46 ($220,666.38)| Wealthiest 10%: 208,403.00 ($625,209)

Avg Cost of a Gallon of Gasoline: 0.52/Gal ($1.56) (Cost of a gallon of gasoline is based on the automobile. Because there are so many different kinds of vehicles and many are extremely scientifically advanced, gas is assumed to be microbrewed to suit a particular type of car. There could be many different types of fuels for many different types of cars with no defacto standard fuel itself.

Avg Cost of an Automobile: 4,453.04 ($13,359.12) (These are cheap because you haven't seen any economic upgrades as a region. It's highly concerning that your money is gaining in value but prices are down. I would sway the nations in your region to work together to lower their tax rates and improve their economies. The more upgrades you get, the more prices for goods will rise.)

Avg Monthly Rental Costs: 157.26/Month ($471.78/Month) (Rents are down because there are more apartments than there are people looking for apartments. Because demand isn't all it can be, landlords must put in a moderate effort to compete for tenants.

Avg Cost of a Residential Property: 95,726.00 ($287,178) (Because the price for a Residential Property is high, it means that becoming a landlord is still lucrative. A residential property can be thought of as a building that can house a few hundred apartments. Rents are low because these landlords need to find a way to fill as many of these apartments as they can in an oversupplied market to cover their purchase cost and create a net-positive income later on. For a given year, the income from just one hundred apartments paying rent surpasses the total cost of the Residential Property, thus making this side of the market still lucrative.)
Last edited by Independence Hill on Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Global Economics and Trade