NATION

PASSWORD

Mentor Arms LTD Aristogeiton Long Las

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:52 pm

Art by Imeriata

Art by Thornakrus_art

Length: 905 mm
Weight: 7 kg with scope
Magazine capacity: 20 shots at design power
Price: $10,000 New Dornalian Dollars, DPR $1 billion New Dornalian Dollars
Make all your orders at Allanean Defense Exports

Perspective is a strange thing. To him, he was surrounded by friends, brothers in arms – a strong, brave man, leading his squad to triumph against traitors and heretics. To me, the world seemed empty. We were alone in my perspective, him and me. Him – with decades of training, powered armor, and a physique improved upon by the work of brilliant scientist. His body, sculpted like marble. Even his face seemed like the visage of a perfect warrior his head shaved clean without a speck of hair, only a single scar on his right cheek and two platinum studs pressed into the forehead, denoting centuries of combat service. And I was here – with two months of sniper school, and my Aristogeiton.

I aimed at the point between the two platinum studs and exhaled, slowly, gently. Then I pressed the trigger.

~ Anonymous user testimony.

[align=justify]
As continuous events throughout the Galaxy have shown, the threat of power armored opponents, light armor, and hostile megafauna remains a serious menace to the allies of the Free Kingdom. The recent invasion of Coredian Client statess by Tyranids, and the daemon invasion of Auman, have confirmed the need for powerful manportable arms. For this reason, the Free Kingdom Ministry of War have issued several development grants for companies developing high-power manportable arms that would be simpler in use than the standard Allanean plasma weapons, and could be exported en masse even to civilizations lacking the maintenance capability to maintain an arsenal of plasma-based arms – a series of simple, reliable, and yet powerful arms, allowing persons with limited training to destroy opponents several times their size, covered in chitin, or hidden behind layers of powered armor.

The Aristogeiton is the second gun in Mentor Arms LLC's Project Tyrant Slayer, one that arguably strides the very edge of the requirements. An expensive offering, Aristogeiton approaches 'factory custom' levels of production quality. Precision-machined, it is equipped with features typically seen in top-of-the-line sniper equipment, such as a trigger pull adjustment wheel, an adjustable stock pad, and a free-floated, ribbed barrel set up to minimize barrel vibrations and deformation under temperature change.

The rifle feeds from regular lasgun magazines, albeit consuming them at an expanded rate. A single standard magazine allows one to make 20 shorts, capable of stopping powered armored personnel and hostile megafauna.

The rifle's body, unusually for a weapon built for interstellar infantry warfare, is typically produced in cherry red wood (though other woods, as well as a tactical carbon fiber variant, can be secured). The rifle ships with a high-magnification sniper scope that can be set up either in 'pointer' mode (with the scope's crosshairs aimed at a point a few centimeters above the true line of fire) or 'intersect' mode, where the scope's line of sight intersects the true line of fire at some distant point. Like other Mentor Arms LLC weapons, the Aristogeiton ships in a sturdy carry case with a variety of accessories, including a maintenance kit, a sling, and two spare magazines.

Agency Order Form:

Code: Select all
[b]How many [i]Aristogeiton[/i] long-las weapons would you like to purchase?[/b]
[b]Would you like to purchase DPR?[/b] Y/N

Import form:
Code: Select all
[b]How many [i]Aristogeiton[/i] long-las weapons are sold annually in your nation? [/b]
[b]Are they sold legally or illegally? [/b]

Make all your orders at Allanean Defense Exports
Last edited by Allanea on Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Return to Global Economics and Trade