NATION

PASSWORD

Roads on the map

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Pheonisland
Envoy

Founded: Apr 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Roads on the map

Postby Pheonisland » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:28 am

The Pheonician government plans to hire a foreign company to build national roads, motorways and railways in the country.
Is it possible to help and put roads on the map?

Thank you

Greetings

Awesome Break-Away of 250land
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Awesome Break-Away of 250land » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:16 pm

Riamu Group has a long history of building many infrastructure projects in 250land and Vera as well as the Iriel region. We would be happy to assist you in the engineering and construction of roads in Pheonisland.

In order to give us a good picture of the work to be done, please reply with details of the existing road network and what your government hopes to build. We can then come to an agreement and put some roads on the map!

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Aan G'fuji
Assistant Project Manager
Riamu Group
A New Zealander

Official nation name: 250land and Vera. A proud member of the Reichsburg Free Trade Agreement.

Wiki

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:11 pm

Which side of the road do you drive on?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Pheonisland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pheonisland » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:50 pm

Awesome Break-Away of 250land wrote:Riamu Group has a long history of building many infrastructure projects in 250land and Vera as well as the Iriel region. We would be happy to assist you in the engineering and construction of roads in Pheonisland.

In order to give us a good picture of the work to be done, please reply with details of the existing road network and what your government hopes to build. We can then come to an agreement and put some roads on the map!

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Aan G'fuji
Assistant Project Manager
Riamu Group

TO: Riamu Group

We thank you for your kind initiative and appreciate your understanding, your contributions and your respectful work in order to make this world better

As a general idea of ​​the huge project, the Government of Pheonisland plans to renovate and build national roads, highways and railways throughout the Republic. Due to the blatant marginalization of the colonial government, infrastructure and roads are among the weakest in the world.

We want roads linking all the cities of the country together with the following points:
- Carthage is the capital of the state, not a major city as much as an administrative city
- Icosium is the economic capital and the largest city .. It has the largest airport and will have the largest port
- List of major cities in order: Oea - Volubilis - Tingis - Sala - Carthage - Caesarea - Cirta - Pomaria - Septem.
- Vescera Region is the weakest population density, this is the link of administrative divisions :
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1219936

- This is a map of state airports:
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1219941

ACTION
is the government agency responsible for encouraging investment and investors in the country. It will be the official guide for Riamu Group to facilitate business and procedures

Pheonisland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pheonisland » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:52 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Which side of the road do you drive on?

Right ... not what appears in the photo :)

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:21 pm

OOC: Is it possible to receive some kind of scale for that map? It seems to me that in any nation of decent size, this sort of thing would require numerous road projects allowing numerous companies to receive contracts.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:02 am

One of our road contractors will pay $10,000 per kilometre for straight, flat rural roads with no clearing required, 2 lanes per direction, and $6,000 per kilometre for straight flat urban streets, no clearing required, no tram tracks nor trolley bus poles, one lane per direction, with parking. If you wish for more lanes, hills, curves, trams or trolley buses, it will cost more. All we need is a guide to lane markings, and signs in your country
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Awesome Break-Away of 250land » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:35 am

This is a major project and I advise that your government consider the use of multiple contractors to meet the goals you have set.
As for Riamu Group, we will focus on offering a network of 8 land motorways along the coast between Sala and Oea and passing through all coastal cities in between. A second motorway will link Icosium and Carthage passing through Cohors, Castellum and Pomaria. This will offer fast and modern connections between your biggest cities and Riamu Group bids NSD$ 1 Billion for the contract to construct these motorways with an estimated time to completion of 2 years with 10 thousand men working 24/7.

Connections between the other cities in your nation can make use of smaller highways which will be quicker to build and should be cheaper. As for railways, it depends on whether your government wants to focus on passenger or freight traffic. If passenger; Riamu Group offers a coastal high speed train from Sala to Oea with stops and branch lines as far inland as Thamugadi. For freight, we would need to know more about the economic distribution of your nation state as connections between supply and demand need to be taken into account.

Regards
A New Zealander

Official nation name: 250land and Vera. A proud member of the Reichsburg Free Trade Agreement.

Wiki

Trindade and Martim Vaz
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Trindade and Martim Vaz » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:29 pm

Pheonisland wrote:The Pheonician government plans to hire a foreign company to build national roads, motorways and railways in the country.

Thank you

Greetings

Our nation's newest infrastructure company is willing to construct a series of transrapid rail lines around the country if you are interested. The innovative trains use magnets to 'hover' above the ground, achieving speeds of 500km/h plus, whist maintaining a smooth ride.

See below for some images:

Pheonisland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pheonisland » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:03 pm

Allanea wrote:OOC: Is it possible to receive some kind of scale for that map? It seems to me that in any nation of decent size, this sort of thing would require numerous road projects allowing numerous companies to receive contracts.

In fact, our country does not have a large area. It is estimated at 32,108 km2 (12,397 sq mi)
The largest city with 664,046 inhabitants is Icosium
Yes I think the best solutions is contract with several companies, thanks

Pheonisland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pheonisland » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:20 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:One of our road contractors will pay $10,000 per kilometre for straight, flat rural roads with no clearing required, 2 lanes per direction, and $6,000 per kilometre for straight flat urban streets, no clearing required, no tram tracks nor trolley bus poles, one lane per direction, with parking. If you wish for more lanes, hills, curves, trams or trolley buses, it will cost more. All we need is a guide to lane markings, and signs in your country

We thank you for your cooperation and interest in establishing road networks in our country
We accept the offer made by your contractors
Some of the required data are:

* guide to lane markings : http://regulations.delaware.gov/registe ... Part3.html

* signs :

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:26 pm

Pheonisland wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:One of our road contractors will pay $10,000 per kilometre for straight, flat rural roads with no clearing required, 2 lanes per direction, and $6,000 per kilometre for straight flat urban streets, no clearing required, no tram tracks nor trolley bus poles, one lane per direction, with parking. If you wish for more lanes, hills, curves, trams or trolley buses, it will cost more. All we need is a guide to lane markings, and signs in your country

We thank you for your cooperation and interest in establishing road networks in our country

* guide to lane markings : http://regulations.delaware.gov/registe ... Part3.html

* signs :

OOC: You didn't need to post this. You could have just posted the word "provided"
IC: Accepted, Construction starts tomorrow
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pheonisland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pheonisland » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:36 pm

Awesome Break-Away of 250land wrote:This is a major project and I advise that your government consider the use of multiple contractors to meet the goals you have set.
As for Riamu Group, we will focus on offering a network of 8 land motorways along the coast between Sala and Oea and passing through all coastal cities in between. A second motorway will link Icosium and Carthage passing through Cohors, Castellum and Pomaria. This will offer fast and modern connections between your biggest cities and Riamu Group bids NSD$ 1 Billion for the contract to construct these motorways with an estimated time to completion of 2 years with 10 thousand men working 24/7.

Connections between the other cities in your nation can make use of smaller highways which will be quicker to build and should be cheaper. As for railways, it depends on whether your government wants to focus on passenger or freight traffic. If passenger; Riamu Group offers a coastal high speed train from Sala to Oea with stops and branch lines as far inland as Thamugadi. For freight, we would need to know more about the economic distribution of your nation state as connections between supply and demand need to be taken into account.

Regards

It really is a major project that requires the renovation and construction of roads between 52 cities, and needs more than one contractor to achieve
We accept the offer of Riamu Group and are ready to sign it, and the Pheonisland government hopes to also agree to employ a percentage of the local workforce in this project.
For railways, the government will focus on both passenger and freight traffic to boost the country's economy.

This is an incomplete overview of the economic distribution of Pheonisland :
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1230263

Pheonisland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pheonisland » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Trindade and Martim Vaz wrote:
Pheonisland wrote:The Pheonician government plans to hire a foreign company to build national roads, motorways and railways in the country.

Thank you

Greetings

Our nation's newest infrastructure company is willing to construct a series of transrapid rail lines around the country if you are interested. The innovative trains use magnets to 'hover' above the ground, achieving speeds of 500km/h plus, whist maintaining a smooth ride.

Thank you for your willingness to participate in the project
The Government of Pheonisland accepts your outstanding offer, and we can talk more about the details

Pheonisland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pheonisland » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:43 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:
Pheonisland wrote:

* signs :

OOC: You didn't need to post this. You could have just posted the word "provided"

okay thanks
Is it possible to know the Distination that your company will work on please ?

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:46 pm

Pheonisland wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:OOC: You didn't need to post this. You could have just posted the word "provided"

okay thanks

Send us wherever needed

Pheonisland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pheonisland » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Pheonisland wrote:

okay thanks

Send us wherever needed

Well ... I've also received offers from other companies so I ask
We are waiting for their response to reach an agreement
Can the work begin taking into account the data provided by Awesome Break-Away of 250land ?

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:15 am

Pheonisland wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Send us wherever needed

Can the work begin taking into account the data provided by Awesome Break-Away of 250land ?

Yep

Pheonisland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pheonisland » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:22 pm

Pheonisland wrote:

Yep

Thank you

Trindade and Martim Vaz
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Trindade and Martim Vaz » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:27 pm

Pheonisland wrote:

The Government of Pheonisland accepts your outstanding offer, and we can talk more about the details

Which of your cities would you like to be linked by this system?

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:18 am

Australian rePublic wrote:OOC: You didn't need to post this. You could have just posted the word "provided"

[OOC: If Pheonisland wants to go into more detail with his roleplaying, that can only be a good thing. GE&T becomes more interesting for everyone when people provide detailed info on their companies, countries, requirements, etc. - it gives their roleplay partners (be they customers, storefront owners or anything else) more to engage with and more to say. Encouraging people to reply with one-word answers is only going to discourage them from enjoying NS roleplay and it brings the whole subforum down. Come on, dude. Be interested.]

A chairde dhile,

I trust this letter finds you well. I am writing foremost of all to notify you that the nation of Pheonisland has been identified as a potential recipient of infrastructural development aid funds. This funding draws from a pool of development funds set aside by the Maltropian crown to assist those nations which, emerging into the light from a tragically darker past, have sought a helping hand and desire to make new friends and form new partnerships in international trade. This funding is intended to act chiefly as a stimulus not merely for internal growth but as an invitation to form closer ties and build trust between our nations. We invite you moreover to open now a line of dialogue which will allow us to assist you as you find your place.

Pheonisland has suffered in its recent past. It has been made subservient to its parent state and only recently begun to express itself on the international stage. Now its people and their leaders have seen what must be done to create a brighter future. We commend this sincerely, and we are here to guide you into a position where you may achieve prosperity and plenty with friends at your side.

On behalf of His Majesty, I wish formally to request permission to establish a Maltropian consulate in Pheonisland, to allow us to better communicate with your government, and to invite Pheonisland likewise to establish a consulate in Maltropia to allow you to represent your interests here. We hope this will be a first step in cultivating a friendship which will blossom and bear great fruit in years to come.

On that note, I observe that your government is currently seeking partners to develop its infrastructure. There are numerous Maltropia-based companies in telecommunications provision, road and rail construction, shipping and shipbuilding and so on which would be ideally suited to providing the services required, with a wealth of experience in national development projects such as this impressive undertaking. If your nation is to enjoy the prosperous future to which it is entitled, it must possess the proper infrastructural base on which to build. I invite you to consider choosing Maltropian in your national revitalisation.

Le gach dea-ghuí don todhchaí,

Máirín Uí Ruairc
Crown Minister for Foreign Affairs

This letter was sent on recycled paper from a sustainably-managed woodland in Maltropia.
This letter's contents are confidential and intended only for the recipient identified on the envelope.
This letter is an official document of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For inquiries and correspondence, please contact us at inquiries@aire-ge.mtr or write to:
Inquiries Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 41 Bóthar na Deilbhe, Corcaigh Nua, Newmarsh, Maltropia

Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Pheonisland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pheonisland » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:09 am

Pheonisland wrote:

Which of your cities would you like to be linked by this system?

1- From Carthage to Icosium through cities Cohors , Castellum, Pomaria .
2 - From Carthage to Oea through cities Sifitis , Auzia, culcul

3- From Oea to Cirta

4- From Icusium to Voulubilis through Syrorum City

5 - From Icusium to Tingis Across the coastal road.

Thank you

Pheonisland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pheonisland » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:22 am

Maltropia wrote:

[OOC: If Pheonisland wants to go into more detail with his roleplaying, that can only be a good thing. GE&T becomes more interesting for everyone when people provide detailed info on their companies, countries, requirements, etc. - it gives their roleplay partners (be they customers, storefront owners or anything else) more to engage with and more to say. Encouraging people to reply with one-word answers is only going to discourage them from enjoying NS roleplay and it brings the whole subforum down. Come on, dude. Be interested.]

A chairde dhile,

I trust this letter finds you well. I am writing foremost of all to notify you that the nation of Pheonisland has been identified as a potential recipient of infrastructural development aid funds. This funding draws from a pool of development funds set aside by the Maltropian crown to assist those nations which, emerging into the light from a tragically darker past, have sought a helping hand and desire to make new friends and form new partnerships in international trade. This funding is intended to act chiefly as a stimulus not merely for internal growth but as an invitation to form closer ties and build trust between our nations. We invite you moreover to open now a line of dialogue which will allow us to assist you as you find your place.

Pheonisland has suffered in its recent past. It has been made subservient to its parent state and only recently begun to express itself on the international stage. Now its people and their leaders have seen what must be done to create a brighter future. We commend this sincerely, and we are here to guide you into a position where you may achieve prosperity and plenty with friends at your side.

On behalf of His Majesty, I wish formally to request permission to establish a Maltropian consulate in Pheonisland, to allow us to better communicate with your government, and to invite Pheonisland likewise to establish a consulate in Maltropia to allow you to represent your interests here. We hope this will be a first step in cultivating a friendship which will blossom and bear great fruit in years to come.

On that note, I observe that your government is currently seeking partners to develop its infrastructure. There are numerous Maltropia-based companies in telecommunications provision, road and rail construction, shipping and shipbuilding and so on which would be ideally suited to providing the services required, with a wealth of experience in national development projects such as this impressive undertaking. If your nation is to enjoy the prosperous future to which it is entitled, it must possess the proper infrastructural base on which to build. I invite you to consider choosing Maltropian in your national revitalisation.

Le gach dea-ghuí don todhchaí,

Máirín Uí Ruairc

This letter was sent on recycled paper from a sustainably-managed woodland in Maltropia.
This letter's contents are confidential and intended only for the recipient identified on the envelope.
This letter is an official document of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For inquiries and correspondence, please contact us at inquiries@aire-ge.mtr or write to:
Inquiries Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 41 Bóthar na Deilbhe, Corcaigh Nua, Newmarsh, Maltropia

FORMAL LETTER

To : Máirín Uí Ruairc

On behalf of the Government and the people of Pheonisland, we are pleased to express our gratitude for receiving your message and for your great interest in the infrastructure project. We thank the Most Catholic Empire of Maltropia for its good initiative to make Pheonisland a beneficiary of the infrastructural development aid funds program. It is a great honor for us. To move forward in building this dear homeland and to form and consolidate relations between countries and new partnerships in international trade.

The Government of Pheonisland has officially approved the establishment of Maltropian consulate in the capital of Carthage at 26 President Photine Road, as a beginning of diplomatic relations and cooperation between the two parties. It also sends a diplomatic delegation to Newmarsh to establish the Phoenician consulate.

We are actually looking for partners in the construction of roads and railways in Pheonisland (on the map) linking all the cities of the republic to each other. We knew that it was a huge project and it would cost us billions of dollars. But the infrastructure is very important to us. We accept your offer and we want to contract with the competent companies from Maltropia.

Waiting for your answer
    I extend my greetings to His Majesty King Brendan Ua Chorcaigh

Chancellor of Foreign Affairs

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Awesome Break-Away of 250land » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:06 am

Pheonisland wrote: -snip-

Firstly, I apologize for my tardy reply,

However, to the business at hand..

We would be happy to contract as much as 80% of the workforce to local companies in order to spread costs and also please your administration. In addition to this, there will be opportunities for those Pheonisians who have worked on the road project with us to move and work in 250land and beyond directly with Riamu Group. Additionally, we would like to build a regional headquarters and civil design office in your nation to coordinate operations.

Riamu Group further proposes a freight rail network linking material sources and your large metallurgy sectors. We believe that due to that large volumes and weight involved in moving ores and metals around means that the high initial cost of rail is off-set in good order by the reduced transport costs and wear and tear on other transport methods.

This network would employ internationally standard railway building practices and consist of a standard gauge rail with provision for diesel-electric locomotives built by our partners Paikea Group. Please let us know if there is regional rail connections which you would like to link into as this could change the requirements quite drastically.

Regards
A New Zealander

Wiki

Confederate Virginia
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederate Virginia » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:20 pm

Greetings. On behalf of Caron Iron Works, I would like to place our own bid on railway construction, and furnishing railway equipment.

Since 1868, Caron Iron Works has produced some of the finest iron and steel on the North American continent, with our iron and equipment appearing on farms, railways, and in militaries all over the world.

With infrastructure, most labour would be hired locally to construct and maintain railways, bridges, and depots, in addition to operating signal towers and depots. Rails and pre-made bridges would be shipped from our works in Leesburg and Manassas, with sleepers and cement sourced locally.

Our configurable rolling stock chassis and steam locomotives are of the highest quality, built of our high-quality steel, and engineered to be durable and long-lasting, with proper regular maintenance. Our Type 9 2-6-0 locomotive can handle all loads, including freight and passengers. Meanwhile, our Type 10 Shunter is a solid workhorse, durable and reliable enough to ensure that trains are ready to go on time, while also being a solid choice for branch lines. And all of our rolling stock is equipped with Janney-type automatic couplers, ensuring the safety of all railway staff.

All of our engineering, iron, and equipment is also guaranteed against defects in material and workmanship for 30 years. We are so confident in the quality of our equipment, that our warranty still stands even if modifications beyond specifications are made.

Regards,
Buford Hays, Caron Iron Works, sales department
The Hunley Confederacy is a steampunk alternate history, set in 1888, where the Confederacy survived the Civil War and abolished slavery (which became obsolete), and became a society mostly revolving around technology.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade