NATION

PASSWORD

The King Needs A Gem [Request for Bids]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

The King Needs A Gem [Request for Bids]

Postby Allanea » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:20 am

Kazansky Heavy Industries Request for Bids – Gems

General Description:The Kazansky Heavy Industries corporation, for the purposes of undisclosed research and activities, requires a quantity of unusual gems. For this purpose, we request that jewelry and mining company provide us with examples what they have to offer.
What we require, for our research and experiments, is sizable precious gems of unusual proportions (i.e., larger than what is typically used in jewelry). To be clear, for our mission we will consider any gem for which the market price (as for its last independent assessment, excluding any shipping or insurance costs, and conducted before this RFB has been published, is at least $100,000 Universal Standard Dollars.

Requirements:

1) The gem must not be already set in a jewel, nor have any engravings on its surface. Processed gems are permitted, as are unprocessed gems in their natural state.

2) The gem must not be associated with any curse, blessing, or any other enchantment, nor may any spells be cast on the gems

3) While diamonds are entered into consideration, their extremely high hardness makes them the least likely candidate for our entry.

4) ) Data must be supplied about the gem, including its dimensions, weight (in grams), as well as an image of the gem (artist's impression or photograph).

5) No artificial gems, 'lab diamonds', etc. will be entered into consideration.

Price requirements: We will consider any offers with a market value between $100,000 and $450 million (the Bahia Emerald is $400 million, and we doubt your stone is more valuable than that!.

Process: Kazansky Heavy Industries will send professionals to inspect the stone you offer. Should it be found appropriate to our purpose, you will be paid market value + 15% to handle your profits. (To be clear, the 'market value' in question is he value of the gem, as it had been assessed prior to this RFB being made public.) Upon inspection, the money will be wired to a bank account of your choice, and our professionals will retrieve the gem under the usual security arrangement for an item of this value.

OOC: To be clear, this is semi-FanT in terms of the fact that this gem is going to be used in magic rituals. Whether your view of NS reality allows you to sell items for this purpose is your own choice.
Last edited by Allanea on Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 09, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Holy Marsh » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:32 am

Deep under the Hitlion mountain range is a series of mines which have continued to be built, expanded, and used for over 5,000 years. New discoveries and nodes are discovered seemingly every day. While we cannot promise that we will have the right gem for you as commonly as one may pray for, we can guarantee you that several specimens turn up weekly that may suit your needs. To start with our largest specimen:
A2-19-310 "Rainbow Gem"
Size: 8.00 x 36.10 x 7.50 Inches
Weight(carats): 110 kg
Price: $30 million standard NS dollars.
Notes- Found several weeks ago, and only now reaching the surface. The surface is rainbow, but tests show that it is a topaz build with an 8.1 in the MOHS scale.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:32 am

In Alexander Blaken-Kazansky's office, Leyfield
"I can honestly say that this is the ugliest fucking gem I have ever seen."

"It's impressively ugly, Your Imperial Majesty."

"It looks like one of those goddam watermelon ice cream things. Except, somehow, a gem that costs more than most people's homes."

"This… is an adequate summation, Your Imperial Majesty."

"Nevertheless, I'd like to buy it. Imagine… yes. Buy it."

"I'm sorry?"

"I say buy it, pretty is not in the RFB, now is it?"
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Neoliberal EcoFashionists
Secretary

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoliberal EcoFashionists » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:33 pm

After another eruption of the Neo Vesuvius Volcano, the Rarity Magic Gems Company (owned by Generalissima herself, as usual for most profitable companies in our country) collected these red Helenites - but, this time, is a natural Helenite, produced directly from the Volcano, instead of the common artificial variety.

Since a non-cursed gem was required, our team in the Rarity Magic Curse Company reversed the natural curse present in every mineral, vegetable and animal from our nation. To avoid re-cursing them, our team from the Rarity Magic Export Company used total protection clothes when dealing with the gems before sending these mineral wonders to our customer.

Technical details:
Amount: 8 stones
Dimensions: 17 x 20 x 25 cm
Weight: 85 kg each
Price: $ 17.000.000 the set of 8 or $ 3.000.000 for each individual stone
  • Neoliberal (aka fiscal conservatism/orthodox economics, NOT the murican "liberal" as a lefty) on fiscal issues
  • Green on everything related to environment
  • Fashion in everything else!

P.s.: these are not necessarily my RL views. Or maybe they are?

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:44 pm

Neoliberal EcoFashionists wrote:After another eruption of the Neo Vesuvius Volcano, the Rarity Magic Gems Company (owned by Generalissima herself, as usual for most profitable companies in our country) collected these red Helenites - but, this time, is a natural Helenite, produced directly from the Volcano, instead of the common artificial variety.

Since a non-cursed gem was required, our team in the Rarity Magic Curse Company reversed the natural curse present in every mineral, vegetable and animal from our nation. To avoid re-cursing them, our team from the Rarity Magic Export Company used total protection clothes when dealing with the gems before sending these mineral wonders to our customer.

Technical details:
Amount: 8 stones
Dimensions: 17 x 20 x 25 cm
Weight: 85 kg each
Price: $ 17.000.000 the set of 8 or $ 3.000.000 for each individual stone

These stones are of great interest to us. We ask, however, that we be allowed to inspect them prior to purchase - by means of personnel that'll arrive in your nation - to ensure no residual magical energy or other hazards are affecting the stones.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

The State of Monavia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The State of Monavia » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:50 pm

Kazansky Heavy Industries
ATTN: Purchasing Department
Free Kingdom of Allanea

March 31, 2019

Dear sir or madam:

My purpose in contacting your office is to inform you that my superiors want to respond to an RFB your purchasing department issued five days ago. I believe that two of the gems in my company’s inventory might be suitable for your purposes and hereby submit the following bids:

SPECIMEN 1

Mineral: Tanzanite
Cut: Pear
Dimensions: length 58.6 mm, width 42.4 mm, depth 29.3 mm
Density: 3.3
Weight: 432.43 carats
Mohs hardness: 6–7

SPECIMEN 2

Mineral: Rhodolite garnet
Cut: Oval
Dimensions: length 42 mm, width 32.6 mm, depth 21 mm
Density: 3.9
Weight: 224.27 carats
Mohs hardness: 6.5–7.5

Please inform me if either of these specimens merits further examination by your company’s purchasing agents. If either of them do, I can make arrangements to accommodate their inspection in a secure setting.

Sincerely,

Monica Radulovich
Director of Foreign Sales

Enclosures (2).

——✠ ✠——THE IMPERIAL FEDERATION OF THE MONAVIAN EMPIRE——✠ ✠——
FACTBOOKS AND LOREROLEPLAY CANONDIPLOMATIC EXCHANGE

MY GUIDES ON ROLEPLAYING DIPLOMACY, ROLEPLAY ETIQUETTE, CREATING A NEW NATION,
LEARNING HOW TO ROLEPLAY (FORTHCOMING), AND ROLEPLAYING EVIL (PART ONE)

Seventeen-Year Veteran of NationStates ∙ Retired N&I Roleplay Mentor
Member of the NS Writing Project and the Roleplayers Union
I am a classical monarchist Orthodox Christian from Phoenix, Arizona.

✠ᴥ✠ᴥ✠

/‾‾ʽʼ‾‾\

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:46 am

In Alexander Blaken-Kazansky's office, Leyfield

"Now we're cooking with peanut oil!" – the King exclaimed. "Do convert the carats into grams for me, Virgil."

"It is, I would believe, about eighty-three grams for the larger gem, which is about the same width as a ping-pong ball, but somewhat longer."

"It's interesting. Any of the work our team would do will have to be done with a microscope." – Alexander replied. – "It's not optimal for the main task, but it will be useful for the testing."

Our representatives will soon arrive to inspect the stones, and we hope that they'll be fit for our purchase, at which point the representatives will also handle all the appropriate paperwork.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade