NATION

PASSWORD

Purchasing PMT Habitats

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Purchasing PMT Habitats

Postby UniversalCommons » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:49 pm

From: The United Habitat Conglomerate, "Solving Living Space Needs."
Re: Purchasing habitats, space stations, floating cities, cloud nine tensegrity spheres, and other forms of habitation.

From: Simeon Ming III, NCEO Undersea Salvage and Recycling Cooperative.

The United Habitat Conglomerate, a group of syndicates including Cruon Commercial House, Kai Commercial House, Ming Commercial House, Brown and Tiger Partners, and institutes, The Space Studies Institute, the Oceanic League, The Ecotechnic Insitute, and Dynamic Motors PPC Public Private Consortium have gathered together to help solve our population issues.

We are seeking outright purchase of floating platforms, floating cities, space habitats, deep ocean habitats, space colonies, cloud nine tensegrity spheres, and other structures. We would like to purchase older moon and mars colonies which can be upgraded for living space. The more isolated the better. In addition we are interested in older asteroid mining stations that can be upgraded.

In addition, we are seeking outlying islands especially islands in international waters which we can lay claim to for living purposes. We prefer not to be part of large land masses or near large land masses.

Any space which we purchase should include sovereign rights of ownership.

Regards,

Simeon Ming III, NCEO Undersea Salvage and Recycling Cooperative.

OOC: No future tech, please focus on hard science fiction PMT technology

Britaen
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Britaen » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:24 pm

Her Majesty's Government of Britaen offers our medium space station for your nation. If you interesting you can reply to our message. Thanks

Signature,

Rt Hon. Thomas Raffles
Prime Minister of Great Britaen
-----Britaen Rules the Waves-----

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:47 pm

Britaen wrote:

Her Majesty's Government of Britaen offers our medium space station for your nation. If you interesting you can reply to our message. Thanks

Signature,

Rt Hon. Thomas Raffles

From: Simeon Ming, NCEO Undersea Salvage and Recycling Cooperative

We are delighted in your offer of a medium sized space station. We can offer $150 billion in NationStates dollars in total amortized over 20 years as a consortium. Given interest this would be $7 billion a year for 20 years with an additional downpayment of $10 billion NationStates dollars per year. We would continue to allow you to have access to the station, however we would significantly expand the station with modernized transhab modules as well as metallic cylinder habitats from our asteroid mining operations. The station would very quickly double in size, and triple in size after several years.

Regards,

Simeon Ming

OOC; The actual cost of the International Space Station is $150 billion. The cost of operating the station is $3 billion to $4 billion per year. We are assuming this is at least twice as big. https://www.wired.com/story/whos-going- ... e-station/

Britaen
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Britaen » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:14 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:
Britaen wrote:

Signature,

Rt Hon. Thomas Raffles

We are delighted in your offer of a medium sized space station. We can offer $150 billion in NationStates dollars in total amortized over 20 years as a consortium. Given interest this would be $7 billion a year for 20 years with an additional downpayment of $10 billion NationStates dollars per year. We would continue to allow you to have access to the station, however we would significantly expand the station with modernized transhab modules as well as metallic cylinder habitats from our asteroid mining operations. The station would very quickly double in size, and triple in size after several years.

Regards,

Simeon Ming

OOC; The actual cost of the International Space Station is $150 billion. The cost of operating the station is $3 billion to $4 billion per year. We are assuming this is at least twice as big. https://www.wired.com/story/whos-going- ... e-station/

We are agree with your offer to buy our space station for $150,000,000,000 or £189,000,000,000. We want Undersea Salvage and Recycling Cooperative to pay all costs to our account in the Bank of Great Britaen. Thank you.

Signature,

Rt Hon. Thomas Raffles

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:21 pm

Britaen wrote:
UniversalCommons wrote:

Regards,

Simeon Ming

We are agree with your offer to buy our space station for $150,000,000,000 or £189,000,000,000. We want Undersea Salvage and Recycling Cooperative to pay all costs to our account in the Bank of Great Britaen. Thank you.

Signature,

Rt Hon. Thomas Raffles

From: Simeon Ming, NCEO, Undersea Salvage and Recycling Cooperative
To: Rt. Hon. Thomas Raffles, Prime Minister of Great Britaen

The payment has been wired to the Bank of Great Britaen. We appreciate your business.

Signed,

Simeon Ming, NCEO, Undersea Salvage and Recycling Cooperative

Britaen
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Britaen » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:29 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:
Britaen wrote:

Signature,

Rt Hon. Thomas Raffles

From: Simeon Ming, NCEO, Undersea Salvage and Recycling Cooperative
To: Rt. Hon. Thomas Raffles, Prime Minister of Great Britaen

The payment has been wired to the Bank of Great Britaen. We appreciate your business.

Signed,

Simeon Ming, NCEO, Undersea Salvage and Recycling Cooperative

To: Mr. Simeon Ming, NCEO, Undersea Salvage and Recycling Cooperative

Thanks a lot. Glad to business with your company.

Signature,

Rt Hon. Thomas Raffles
Prime Minister of Great Britaen[/quote]

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:46 pm

OOC: Would seasteads be alright?
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:55 pm

OOC: Seasteads would work. We are using Lilypads and floating cities. http://vincent.callebaut.org/zoom/proje ... _pl001.jpg We also have played around a bit with Freedom Ships. http://freedomship.com/ We would definitely buy some Sea Steads of different types from you.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:58 pm

From: The United Habitat Conglomerate, "Solving Living Space Needs."
Re: Purchasing habitats, space stations, floating cities, cloud nine tensegrity spheres, and other forms of habitation.

From: Simeon Ming III, NCEO Undersea Salvage and Recycling Cooperative.

We have recently purchased several small islands in the Paxarific. We have already put up sea walls, built dykes, and added artificial coral reefs. We wish to develop these islands further with possible undersea habitats and seasteads.

We are looking for a construction company that can work with us on this as our current construction companies are busy building on these new lands and upgrading the space station.

Regards,

Simeon Ming, NCEO Undersea Salvage and Recycling Cooperative

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:27 pm

A smaller company in a large space empire would wish to sell you some minor ships with self sustaining life support, etc.

They could also give discounts if you loosen the laws of foreign business to allow more Hystarian chains and shops to spread and that an help you gain a massive empire as a trading friend and increase economic competition.

Its original price is 4567 yerks, (1 yerk= 1.6 us dollars.)
With a the once in a lifetime deal of 1236 terms with the above deal.
A [Tier:9 Level:1 Type:9
Power Comparator: (see below)5.2, according to this index.

(Please quote me in forums to find your response, please, that would be nice.)
Trade with me, trade without Idelogys harming us, Money doesn't care what side you are on.
i swear my eternal service to the lasaga lord and wish to spread it to all i meet .
[spoiler= Official Allies]Bolkenia
Kowani wrote:Hystaria. They’re both edgy, but only one of them is a special kind of edgy.

I dont use NS states, I use factbooks.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:48 pm

Hystaria wrote:From: Hystarian Stars

A smaller company in a large space empire would wish to sell you some minor ships with self sustaining life support, etc.

They could also give discounts if you loosen the laws of foreign business to allow more Hystarian chains and shops to spread and that an help you gain a massive empire as a trading friend and increase economic competition.

OOC: This is PMT-- near future technology. Thanks. Think 2050-2070. Think hard science fiction or near future technology like Mars Express. A solar system empire might work, colonizing mars, saturn, Jupiter, the moon, and a few other places like the asteroid fields. Atomic Rockets is a good site for this. http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/ PMT generally means pre- faster than light, even pre-generation ship. There might be a few generation ships, or an attempt to make a long trip to Alpha Centauri for example.

From: Marcus Cruonis, NCEO Undersea Salvage and Recycling Cooperative

We would be delighted to purchase some of your in system ships with life support. We are hoping to send some Cloud 9 Tensegrity Spheres to Jupiter to mine the upper atmosphere. We would be open to trading with you for deuterium, helium-3, rare earth metals, and volatiles from the oort clouds. We are willing to open trade in our country. We are especially interested in quality restaurants, electronics, and jewelry shops. Also quality design is highly desired. Large chains do not do well in our country as people prefer highly customized goods. You can buy 3D printed items and automated customized clothes in our shops directly. Provide the design, we make it on the spot through automated mass customization in an hour in many cases.

OOC: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_customization
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:12 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:
Hystaria wrote:From: Hystarian Stars

OOC: This is PMT-- near future technology. Thanks. Think 2050-2060. Thanks.

They are of that quality, they are minor ships from a small business.... They are bootlegging the nation with what they think is old technology. Our empire is still in that stage we just happened to find an abandoned cruiser that boasted us. We have no idea how to remake one. We just know how to colonize than have good ships.

Trade with me, trade without Idelogys harming us, Money doesn't care what side you are on.
i swear my eternal service to the lasaga lord and wish to spread it to all i meet .
Kowani wrote:Hystaria. They’re both edgy, but only one of them is a special kind of edgy.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:36 pm

Hystaria wrote:
UniversalCommons wrote:
OOC: This is PMT-- near future technology. Thanks. Think 2050-2060. Thanks.

They are of that quality, they are minor ships from a small business.... They are bootlegging the nation with what they think is old technology. Our empire is still in that stage we just happened to find an abandoned cruiser that boasted us. We have no idea how to remake one. We just know how to colonize than have good ships.

From: Marcus Cruonis, NCEO, Undersea Salvage and Recycling Cooperative.

Small in system transports sound fine. We will gladly purchase them from you. We will gladly take three of the ships for $48,000 Nationstates Dollars. We will have to inspect them for any life forms which do not belong as well as decontaminate them. The Department of Special Services has asked to inspect the engines and life support systems. In addition, we have reserved space for you in 100 shopping complexes, Enough for 2 Medium sized stores in each complex through the Ming Commercial House. The initial deposits of $5,000 Nationstates has been waved. We look forward to doing business with you.

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:35 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:
Hystaria wrote:They are of that quality, they are minor ships from a small business.... They are bootlegging the nation with what they think is old technology. Our empire is still in that stage we just happened to find an abandoned cruiser that boasted us. We have no idea how to remake one. We just know how to colonize than have good ships.

From: Marcus Cruonis, NCEO, Undersea Salvage and Recycling Cooperative.

Small in system transports sound fine. We will gladly purchase them from you. We will gladly take three of the ships for $48,000 Nationstates Dollars. We will have to inspect them for any life forms which do not belong as well as decontaminate them. The Department of Special Services has asked to inspect the engines and life support systems. In addition, we have reserved space for you in 100 shopping complexes, Enough for 2 Medium sized stores in each complex through the Ming Commercial House. The initial deposits of $5,000 Nationstates has been waved. We look forward to doing business with you.

I agree with these claims and i wish for our work to be great together.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:37 pm

Marcus Cruonis is quite pleased with the ships from Hystaria. It allows the UniversalCommons to send modified versions of their high altitude launch system made of tensegrity spheres to Jupiter and Saturn so they can begin a program of colonization and exploration.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:34 am

Dear Friends!

Allanea-Mystria Investments, also known colloquially as "the Allanea-Mystria Company", is willing to assit your people in resolving their problem. We have experience in producing various types of environmentally-conscious, low-cost housing, both in Imeriata and in the Serene Republic of the High Treefolk (where your organization already has a contract to remove all of the country's toxic waste). We propose that we utilize some of the technology we have, and the experience of Allanean seastead engineers, in producing a range of housing for you.

Unlike some of the offers already in this tender, the seastead projects we offer will be less technologically aspirational, utilizing technology already on offer in use for off-shore military platforms and oil rigs. Some of these will be smaller, pontoon-type apartment buildings, capable of housing up to 10 families each in separate apartments.

Another option is larger platforms, creating what would be effectively apartment complexes upon the seas, permitting housing hundreds of people in each individual building. Unlike many other programs, ours would depend on the use of concrete, perhaps even the sort derived from the waste soil of rare earth metal mining (as your organization collects in the Serene Republic), which of course would create savings for your organization.

The advantages of the programs we offer are as follows:

1. Compared to space-based habitats, sea-based programs are relatively safe and cheap (although, of course, fairly expensive compared to housing on land.

2. Community-based housing, which matches the semi-communitarian culture of your nation.

3. Relatively environmentally friendly, allowing the use of resources your nation already has access to from the Serene Republic, and the use of industrial waste as a safe, cheap building material.

We believe that additional adjustments to the program can be made following a more in-depth discussion of the issues your organization is facing.

Yours,

Kevin Mortimer Larison-Chomsky,
Senior Sales Executive,
Allanea-Mystria Company

OOC: I apologize for delay in posting. I was trying to figure out what detailed construction costs would be and failed to find any precise data.
Last edited by Allanea on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:54 pm

Allanea wrote:

Dear Friends!

Allanea-Mystria Investments, also known colloquially as "the Allanea-Mystria Company", is willing to assit your people in resolving their problem. We have experience in producing various types of environmentally-conscious, low-cost housing, both in Imeriata and in the Serene Republic of the High Treefolk (where your organization already has a contract to remove all of the country's toxic waste). We propose that we utilize some of the technology we have, and the experience of Allanean seastead engineers, in producing a range of housing for you.

Unlike some of the offers already in this tender, the seastead projects we offer will be less technologically aspirational, utilizing technology already on offer in use for off-shore military platforms and oil rigs. Some of these will be smaller, pontoon-type apartment buildings, capable of housing up to 10 families each in separate apartments.

Another option is larger platforms, creating what would be effectively apartment complexes upon the seas, permitting housing hundreds of people in each individual building. Unlike many other programs, ours would depend on the use of concrete, perhaps even the sort derived from the waste soil of rare earth metal mining (as your organization collects in the Serene Republic), which of course would create savings for your organization.

The advantages of the programs we offer are as follows:

1. Compared to space-based habitats, sea-based programs are relatively safe and cheap (although, of course, fairly expensive compared to housing on land.

2. Community-based housing, which matches the semi-communitarian culture of your nation.

3. Relatively environmentally friendly, allowing the use of resources your nation already has access to from the Serene Republic, and the use of industrial waste as a safe, cheap building material.

We believe that additional adjustments to the program can be made following a more in-depth discussion of the issues your organization is facing.

Yours,

Senior Sales Executive,
Allanea-Mystria Company

From: Kai Commercial House, Registered Family Syndicate, Family Owner, Brian Kai

We are especially interested in your communal housing projects. Kai Commercial House would like to build several seasteads off of Kai Island. We have run out of land on Kai and need to house several million people near our islands. We see that these communal housing units include access to boat docks. We would also like personal submarine docks built in as well as floating park islands.

Our initial order will be for 1 million units at Kai Island.

In adddition Cruon Commercial House is interested in another 10 million units near Freedom Dome. It has become practically impossible to build new housing unless you want to live in a Cloud Nine Tensegrity Sphere.

After this Cruon Commercial House is also interested in buying an additional 10 million units off of Scooby Island with full amenities.

Please set us know your price for 21 million units. As we have a surplus of metals, we can pay in gold, platinum, iridium, iron, nickel, or Nationstates Dollar. We have been mining 16 Cigar that is a remnant of a planetary core near Saturn.

In addition as a previous customer, we can also offer to pay in Helium 3 and Deuterium. If we payed $1,000,000 per unit, it would come to $21,000,000,000,000.

Regards,

Brian Kai
Family Owner
Kai Commercial House, RFS

We have no problem using bonded concrete made from an old recipe from Roma. This new form of concrete is extremely strong and environmentally friendly.
re ou_I apologize for delay in posting. I was trying to figut what detailed construction costs would be and failed to find any precise data.

OOC: 16 Psyche https://www.newstalk.com/NASA-fasttrack ... n-asteroid

OOC: https://www.history.com/news/the-secret ... n-concrete
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:34 pm

Dear Friends!

While, as a commercial company, we are always happy to earn more money, we cannot help but note that $1,000,000 per housing unit is a far too expensive price for what we offer to do. Our counteroffer is as follows:

1. We will construct 21,000,000 housing units at a price of just over $333,000 per housing unit. This is of course fairly expensive compared to land-bound apartments, but only a third of your own offer! The total price for this service is 7 trillion, paid in gold or iridium.

2. This organization will expend 15 billion dollars from the proceeds of this transaction on charity efforts in your own nation, of which the exact details will be negotiated between our representatives on a later date.

3. This organization will expend an additional 50 billion dollars from the proceeds of this transaction on charity efforts in the Serene Republic of the High Treefolk, primarily educational in nature.

4. Finally, 13 billion dollars will be spent on educational efforts which will give students from around the developing world world the opportunity to study engineering, architecture, and other STEM professions in the Free Kingdom of Allanea

Senior Sales Executive,
Allanea-Mystria Investments.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:05 pm

Allanea wrote:

Dear Friends!

While, as a commercial company, we are always happy to earn more money, we cannot help but note that $1,000,000 per housing unit is a far too expensive price for what we offer to do. Our counteroffer is as follows:

1. We will construct 21,000,000 housing units at a price of just over $333,000 per housing unit. This is of course fairly expensive compared to land-bound apartments, but only a third of your own offer! The total price for this service is 7 trillion, paid in gold or iridium.

2. This organization will expend 15 billion dollars from the proceeds of this transaction on charity efforts in your own nation, of which the exact details will be negotiated between our representatives on a later date.

3. This organization will expend an additional 50 billion dollars from the proceeds of this transaction on charity efforts in the Serene Republic of the High Treefolk, primarily educational in nature.

4. Finally, 13 billion dollars will be spent on educational efforts which will give students from around the developing world world the opportunity to study engineering, architecture, and other STEM professions in the Free Kingdom of Allanea

Senior Sales Executive,
Allanea-Mystria Investments.

To The Honorable Kevin Mortimer Larison-Chomsky, Senior Sales Executive.

We can provide your request in gold as we have been stockpiling rare earth metals from asteroids for over a decade. We have calculated the amount of gold which we need to provide to you and can do it immediately. In a one mile diameter metallic asteroid we have found that there is approximately 14,400 tons of gold. There are 32,000 ounces of gold in a ton. We will lower the market price of gold to $1200 per ounce to reflect the increased supply we will be providing you. In fact, we will give you a bonus. With the proceeds of mining 13 one mile diameter metallic asteroids, we can provide you with 187,200 tons of gold more than the reserves of most large countries-- $7,000,000,000,000 worth of gold. There is far more gold in the asteroid fields than there is on earth.

This represents a considerable portion of our reserves from asteroid mining. Kai Commercail House has only just begun to be able to process a single one mile diameter asteroid in a month. We have mined close to 100 asteroids of different sizes from the size of a small house to a 3 mile diameter asteroid in the last decade to build up our reserves of metals. The metals have been primarily used in the construction of power satellites, expanding our moon bases, building space habitats in preparation for colonists. It does not pay to bring back too much nickel, iron, or aluminum to earth.

We have been stockpiling the rare earth elements and sending them back to earth along with mined deuterium and helium-3. We have not put the gold on the market because it would destabilize the market.

Large portions of the mining is automated. Machines designed to turn asteroids into raw components that can use additive manufacturing to build machines that can mine more asteroids. The more complicated components are manufactured on the moon at our moon base using additive manufacturing. The power to run the machines comes from automated solar fields. Silica is easily mined and turned into panels by a rover mechanism.

In 2010, the design of a nuclear thermal rocket capable of delivering cargo to low earth orbit was uncovered. This was deemed unsafe. However this changed with the mining of helium-3 on the moon and the development of a helium-3, deuterium rocket engine which was much cleaner than a nuclear thermal rocket in 2020.

The Space Studies Institute has indicated they are willing to open a branch of their institute as part of this exchange. They will gladly send over 25 adept scientists and 25 adept engineers to help you with your educational efforts.

As a representative of the conglomerate we thank you.

Regards,

Simeon Ming III, NCEO Space Salvage and Recycling Cooperative

OOC: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12dvaC1 ... mFlij/view $100 per pound. The price has gone down with a larger design using some of the principles of the sea dragon. http://www.astronautix.com/s/seadragon.html This is cost efficient for bringing back rare earth metals in quantity to earth as well as space manufactured goods. Helium-3 is being mined for rocket fuel, its power potential is not the main focus. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Fusion_Drive One of the ironies of this is that it may be that there will be fusion rocket engines before there is a reactor for energy.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade