NATION

PASSWORD

Reichsburg Free Trade Agreement

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

VoVoDoCo
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby VoVoDoCo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:44 am

President Gage Voss of Vovodoco signs.
Are use voice to text, so accept some typos and Grammatical errors.
I'm a moderate free-market Libertarian boomer with a soft spot for Agorism. Also an Atheist.

I try not to do these or have those. Feel free to let me know if I come short.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:37 pm

Allanea wrote:OOC:
I would prefer, vastly, if this discussion became an IC discussion again.

OOC: Ditto.

So really quickly, just so we can move on: "Spying" is etymologically derived from the old french "Espie", which had a broader meaning akin to “observe”. I understand this broader meaning is very uncommon these days in America. It is not uncommon in Britain, or at least the circles/bubbles I move in, and it is frequent in Ausitoria.

I should also have mentioned (0) The submarines were not in Spirean waters. (Although quite what anyone regards to constitute territorial waters is a matter of any amount of contention. Possibly we should look at having a Naval conference to see if there is any chance of the major naval powers coming to an agreement).

So: Ctan, you haven't yet answered my question - and also Allanea - are you maintaining that any of " the Commonwealth violated the territorial waters of the Beastling States with multiple nuclear-armed ballistic missile submarines. [...] Sir Wooley refused to enter a plea; and despite repeated efforts, the nation of Ausitoria and Chattakang would not provide for his legal defence [...] He served this sentence in the Bayan Prison and was released after six years on conditional early release, and immediately expelled back to his homeland." is what you OOCly think is true? A quick yes or no would suffice please.

Because if your answer to the question is "yes", then because mine is "no", because I can find no historical evidence for it, we would have a disagreement about history, so what you're saying is not in my canon, so I'd ignore it: we shouldn't RP about the past without agreeing what happened.

If, on the other hand, your answer is "no", then I shall edit in my IC response here.

The Ctan wrote:I'm amused you think that the hospital wouldn't spot coma-inducing levels of barbituates in his bloodwork. But hey ho. It was five out-of-character years ago, my timeline's advanced faster than that; this being nationstates I'm sure you've dealt with people who have had different amounts of time pass before.

Active nanotargetting would allow for a significant reduction in the dose required, and efforts would have be made to make it more undetectable, from shielding to decoys to mixed selection of unknown equivalents. Since 2012, I've acquired some actual expertise in the subject, so I'm aware that strictly speaking the technology was probably highly experimental in 2016, although of course one can’t be sure with defence laboratories. But on the other hand in those days most of us were RPing with LyrasTech, and the Ausitorians weren't above experimenting. Given that most nations seemed to be using magic I'm assuming we can be a bit flexible here…

Wrangling and handwringing about OOC details of an RP that's five years in the past is not likely to get you the influence you crave.

That's fine: I have no interest in influence. I am simply RPing the international interactions of a highly complex society which is seemingly functioning in a manner beyond the comprehension of most of nationstates - because it's being run by financial and legal experts who refer matters of interpretation to the judiciary to seize back the futures which they have put aside from their aid budgets for other nations. (It's much easier to confiscate other people's money if they haven't been given it yet).

Please don’t think I’m RPing to restore my reputation, which I am sure is quite beyond anyone's ability to recover, even if anyone felt inclined to improve it. I’m RPing to analyse your reactions and interact with your projections, which is my idea of fun. I must say it's most interesting to observe the international reactions and the level of discourse.

Neu Engollon - thank you for keeping things IC - but in fairness I should briefly mention, in case you aren’t aware, that any legal/financial experts would advise you not to waste resources on being "prepared". It is quite clear (to experts inside the bubble) that the Commonwealth has no warlike intent, and will merely deprive you of aid which you haven't been given from them. (My apologies to all bloodthirsty warmongers who were hoping for a confrontation). They would also advise you that there is actually a decent chance the court will find in Allanea's favour on the question of how to interpret "punitive tariffs", depending a bit on Yohannes'/other contributions; in the interests of aligning Commonwealth interpretations with the international understanding of the manner in which treaties should be interpreted by the author, and also in the interests of extending the principles of purposive construction; although they will almost certainly find in the Commonwealth & Confederacy's favour on the question of "reputational damages", about which there is very little uncertainty. And they would also point out that all the organizations are well staffed, so that there is nothing suspicious about the fact that they both replied quickly. Of course whether your nation would consult with experts and agree with this advice is entirely their affair, and your calculation.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

North Polemi
Civilian

Founded: Jan 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Free Trade Agreement

Postby North Polemi » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:32 pm

I would love to join your free trade agreement

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:53 pm

OOC:

So: Ctan, you haven't yet answered my question - and also Allanea - are you maintaining that any of " the Commonwealth violated the territorial waters of the Beastling States with multiple nuclear-armed ballistic missile submarines. [...] Sir Wooley refused to enter a plea; and despite repeated efforts, the nation of Ausitoria and Chattakang would not provide for his legal defence [...] He served this sentence in the Bayan Prison and was released after six years on conditional early release, and immediately expelled back to his homeland." is what you OOCly think is true? A quick yes or no would suffice please.

Just to be clear:

1. I don’t have any OOC knowledge of what constitutes the territorial waters of the Beastling States, and do not care. Allanea is not a signatory to any treaty on the matter, and generally keeps to more or less the standard definitions of territorial waters, except special circumstances, where a state or group of states has a long-standing claim over a large body of water. Some regions have regional treaties mandating different definitions – at one point Haven recognized ‘regional waters’ as having special status distinct from international waters, and did not allow fleets or warships from outside theregion entrance, and Greater Prussia has a similar rule. I do not exactly know what the in-character claims the Beastling States have, nor do they care.

In terms of what my government believes, it suffices that an Ausitorian ambassador, at an international conference, drew a weapon (the Allanean legal system does not distinguish ‘non-lethal’ weapons as a class, as there is no such thing as a ‘non-lethal’ weapon in reality, only weapons which – like police clubs, rubber bullets, and indeed tranquilizers – have a reduced, but non-zero chance, of doing a person serious injury), and then tried to fire it at a foreign head of state, with the intent of kidnapping them. In Allanea’s view this was a hugely foolish and disruptive action, even though we now regard the Beastling States in a very dim light.

I am simply RPing the international interactions of a highly complex society which is seemingly functioning in a manner beyond the comprehension of most of nationstates

Just to be clear here: It’s not that my government ‘cannot comprehend’ the legal system of Ausitoria or whatever. It’s that my government – based on its previous experiences with a variety of states in the Nationstates multiverse – views the attempts to appeal to complex standards of legality, and particularly adaptations for NS of the Westphalian/continental legal system, without even ascertaining whether other states recognize or care about the legal standards, as a form of double-dealing.

Allaneans believe – this is an in-character view my characters have, and I don’t necessarily fully share – that people who attempt to claim that the foundational moral and social issues facing sapient-kind are extremely complicated are in fact double-dealing and attempting to lure them into avoiding a solution to the issues. You may want to familiarize yourself with the Allanean Cultural Memeplex which explains this in some more detail.
Last edited by Allanea on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

The Ctan
Minister

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Ctan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:02 pm

Allanea has said it succinctly. In short your answer is 'yes' to your question Ausi.
"The Necrons were amongst the first beings to come into existance, and have sworn that they will rule over the living." - Still surprisingly accurate!
"Be you anywhere from Progress Level 5 or 6 and barely space-competent, all the way up to the current record of PL-20 for beings like the C’Tan..." Lord General Superior Rai’a Sirisi, Xenohumanity
"Many races and faiths have considered themselves to be a threat to the Necrons, but their worlds and their cultures are now little more than interesting archaeology."
Want to get in touch? Direct Discord Link

Edenson
Civilian

Founded: Jan 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Edenson » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:51 pm

13/01/2018
Dear Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Allanea)
It is with my greatest pleasure to inform you that the governing body has come to the decision that it would be in the best interest for The Kingdom of Edenson to accept your kind offer and become part of The Reichsburg Free Trade Agreement. We as a nation are strong but with this new found relationship between Edenson, Allanea and the other nations the future looks bright. We are looking forward to the years ahead and may there be many.
Your Sincerely
David Parker
Head of The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Edenson

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:04 pm

The Free Kingdom Ministry of Foreign Affairs welcomes Edenson to our free trade area.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Red Stripeia
Civilian

Founded: Oct 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Stripeia » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:28 pm

I, Red Stripeia, do ratify this agreement.

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:35 pm

OOC: I can't believe you spent stamps to telegram the entire east pacific about this thread. You could've asked me to link this thread in a telegram or given you Communications authority to save yourself the money.

IC:

*Lilith, the queen of Queen Yuno, signs the free trade agreement.*
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Razaer
Civilian

Founded: Jan 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Razaer » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:44 pm

The free people of Razaer have agreed to this matter.

Marrabuk
Secretary

Founded: Nov 26, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

FTA

Postby Marrabuk » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:38 am

Sure, I'll join the FTA.
Best Regards,
Marrabuk
Horsefather

The East Pacific

Airir
Civilian

Founded: Oct 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Airir » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:00 am

How do I sign?

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:10 pm

Airir wrote:How do I sign?

Post an in-character message from your nation agreeing to sign.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Dank Poland
Civilian

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dank Poland » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:43 pm

I, the Holy Emperor of Poland sign this after it was ratified by the legislation.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:09 pm

Official Message from the Free Kingdom Ministry of Foreign Affairs

We welcome your new nations both into the world community, and into the Reichsburg Free Trade Agreement.

We are excited to have so many new members!
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sunika
Civilian

Founded: Dec 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sunika » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:55 pm

The Kingdom of Sunika hereby signs the Reichsburg Free Trade Agreement, accepting all provisions therein.

Taitung pinyin
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Taitung pinyin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:19 pm

We have ratified the Reichsburg Free Trade Agreement.

VEXA Corporation
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby VEXA Corporation » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:46 am

-------------------------------
Last edited by VEXA Corporation on Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EXPRESSION IS SUPPRESSION - FREEDOM IS BEATEN - BOYCOTT FREE THOUGHT
THE HIVE MIND wrote:The vicious vessel for we have been vexxed upon valiantly we supposed was verisimilitudnous vermin vaingloriously exposed vulnerabilities in their verbalized vocabulary
Alas, vast vouchsafements have been granted victoriously by victorious VEXA with vivaciousness..."
| Francisco Franco - Spanish State | Benito Mussolini - Fascist Italy | Adolf Hitler - Nazi Germany |
| Brave New World - The World State | 1984 - INGSOC | We Happy Few - Wellington Wells | V For Vendetta - Norsefire |
A [0.59] civilization, according to this index.

OBrian
Civilian

Founded: Jan 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby OBrian » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:15 am

I would like to sign this agreement.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:46 pm

VEXA Corporation wrote:
(Image)
FOREIGN STATEMENT | APPLICATION | FOREIGN AFFAIRS | TRADE

VEXA CORPORATION has officially agreed to and have signed the REICHSBURG FREE TRADE AGREEMENT.

The Government of the Royal Republic urges the Free Kingdom to refuse to allow the VEXA Corporation to join the Agreement. VEXA has supported a coup against the democratically elected government of Elvectica, and is helping the new regime engage in democide against that nation's people, and threaten its neighbors into submission.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:40 pm

VEXA Corporation wrote:
(Image)
FOREIGN STATEMENT | APPLICATION | FOREIGN AFFAIRS | TRADE

VEXA CORPORATION has officially agreed to and have signed the REICHSBURG FREE TRADE AGREEMENT.

There are some serious allegations against your organization, do you have anything to say for yourself?
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:08 pm

What's more, we have proof of VEXA's crimes:

Elvectica wrote:
Government Response to Queen's Order: Impeachment

In an act of defiance against the current replacement Queen, Her ESTEEMED Majesty Queen Marianne Bordeaux the II of Imperial Elvectica, the government of Elvectica has begun a vote to impeach her ESTEEMED Majesty.

Citing violations against the Consititution and will of the people, the government holds Queen Marianne Bordeaux II responsible for the destabilization of Elvectica and her dictatorial attempts to place the nation into permanent martial law, as well as the assassination attempt of the true ruling Queen Adecyn

Reporting this developing story is Voxel News, leader of the news broadcasting media in Elvectica.

Voxel News reports VEXA Corporation to be the sole aid to Marianne Bordeaux's ascension to The Crown.
They also report that VEXA has interests in the arms manufacturing industry that Marianne supported in her reign before.

Queen Adecyn was Crowned Queen in May 3117, last year. Her efforts for democratization and extensive civil, political, and economic rights made her a publicly loved icon.
Now that Adecyn's incident in the New Years was proven to be an assassination attempt, riots have escalated and civil unrest is growing.

VEXA Corporation wrote:
You are already helping us by showing your support towards the Queen. Hivemind will be eternally grateful if Elvectica continues to fall like this.

VEXA Corporation wrote:On behalf of the HIVEMIND and HER GLORIOUS CEO VIXEN FOX, we happily accept the endorsements shown by West Phoenicia.

Suddenly, from seemingly nowhere, HER GLORIOUS VEXATION CEO VIXEN FOX has appeared in front of the International community by holding an emergency press conference.

LEADERS FAR AND WIDE WHO SUPPORT THE LEGITIMATE GOVERNMENT OF ELVECTICA, THAT IS THE CONSERVATIVE PARTY;
WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT AGAINST THESE BARBARIC REVOLUTIONS. THE FRENCH CROWN WILL HAVE FULL AUTHORIZATION TO UTILIZE
NUCLEAR POWERS IN EFFORTS TO QUELL PROTESTS AND RIOTING, AS PER REQUEST BY HER ESTEEMED MAJESTY QUEEN MARIANNE, NEW RULER OF IMPERIAL ELVECTICA.

As she began a long speech of how glorious VEXA is, Queen Marianne Bordeaux II gets word that the president of the Albali Republic has sent a rather personal message, certainly rather more than the messages previous.
She promptly listens carefully, and slowly signals her aides to set up a formal message back.

To much of their surprise, she says the following:
[spoiler]
Queen Marianne Bordeaux II of Imperial Elvectica wrote:[tab=20]I am fully aware of the consequences. However these sacrifices and support of foreign investors are beneficial in the long run to jump start another golden age for Elvectica. We must reclaim what it was truly meant to be; the Empire of Elvectica. For the Crown, and for the future peoples of this great and vast empire. This is necessary.
Last edited by Bruke on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Brandenburgian and Prussian Kingdoms
Civilian

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Where is the Ink

Postby The Brandenburgian and Prussian Kingdoms » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:18 am

Ill Sign this.

Saladigonia
Civilian

Founded: Jan 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Saladigonia » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:24 pm

Add me up, and is there a discord for this shit?

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:25 pm

Saladigonia wrote:Add me up, and is there a discord for this shit?

Welcome to NS.

There is not really a Discord nor is there any need for one given the treaty's purpose.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade