NATION

PASSWORD

Crisis of 2017(Region Members Only)

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
The Cavian State
Attaché

Founded: Oct 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Crisis of 2017(Region Members Only)

Postby The Cavian State » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:06 pm

Remember, this is for The Delegation of Gallifrey region members only!

On Monday, April 24, 2017, the Oscar City Stock Exchange in The Cavian State fell by 300 points and immediately crashed. The Basket Weaving, Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing industries took significant damage.

Instantly, the development bubble in the Cavian economy burst, causing inflation to reach over 120%. As the OCSE is the largest stock exchange in the region, the economies of Volitopia, Elizath, and Los Dopicos Island, as well as the rest of the region, fell into recession, causing what is now known of the Crisis of 2017.

MODERATORS: The Cavian State and Volitopia. The Moderators can make in game announcements and resolve issues.

A post should go like this:

City, Nation, Timestamp(xx:xx AM/PM, Day(Wed), MM/DD/YYYY
Stock Index(CavIndustrial) +5 pts.

Rest of the post goes here, this can range from News to Company updates to business alliance proposals.

1. Do not curse, this will result in an automatic trial in regional Court, like normal cases.
2. Remember to follow posting format.
3. This is strictly in character, mark messages with OOC if they are not.
4. This doesn't correlate to your in-game economy. Feel free to blow up your country, it doesn't actually do anything.
5. Please try to limit your posts.
6. As long as you follow the format, be as creative as you want!
7. Try not to take up much space, if you do need to, use a spoiler.
8. Make sure to make business agreements and the such with others!
9. I know this is cheesy but have fun. That's important as well.
Last edited by The Cavian State on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
True happiness may be temporary but guinea pigs are forever

The Cavian State DEFCON: 3
Goulong DEFCON: 1

The Cavian State
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cavian State » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:34 pm

I will start us off.

Oscar City, The Cavian State, 5:21 PM, Mon, 4/24/17
The CavIndustrial falls by 318 points, and does not go back up within the indication of AI trading, indicating a crash.

It's two hours past the lunch break on the floor of the OCSE. All is going well.
"Stocks are down 20 points and still falling."
"Sell, then! Sell!"
Instantly the already bustling floor clamors even louder, until the OCSE is down more than 300 points.
"Oh my god!"
"Someone alert the Secretary of Finance! GO!"
In the office of Basketeers Inc., the nation's largest basket weaving company, advisors are scrambling.
"What... is going... on?"
"The stock market's gone haywire, sir! It's fallen 300 points! Our share price, too! 1 billion shares sold, our price has fallen by $50! That's over 70%! We're going into recession!"
"Don't be ridiculous. It's AI trading. The stocks will return any minute. Half-hour. That's all it'll take. One- half- hour."

Elizath
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Elizath » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:28 pm

Elizath City, Elizath (6:23 PM, Monday, April 24, 2017)

In my opinion, there should be no bailouts of any industry.If we bail out failing companies, we will waste taxpayer money on failing industries. By setting a policy of no bailouts, we will send a message to companies that they are responsible for their own well-being.

We must raise interest rates in order to control inflation.

The Cavian State
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cavian State » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:56 pm

Oscar City, The Cavian State, 7:21 PM, Mon, 4/24/17
The CavIndustrial fell by 318 points, and does not go back up within the indication of AI trading, indicating a crash. The crash has stabilized.

BTW, make sure there's a bit more of an RP situation in your posts, and make sure to put an update on your stock exchanges in the top. Nice idea though!

HALF AN HOUR LATER
"Still nothing! Why doesn't that darn Finance Minister respond?!" shouted the Prime Minister, going through stacks of papers.
Striding into the National Building, King Oscar I stepped into the room, causing the men to bow silently. "No need, no need. And I do say, Thomas, make sure to work with your colleagues. Patience."
"Yes, Your Majesty."
The phone rang.
"Who is it?" Tommy Rogers, Prime Minister, asked.
"It's Mr. Wolf."
"Of Elizath?" Rogers picked up the phone hastily. "What's happened to them?"
Even far away, the crash was being felt. President Wolf spoke into the mouthpiece.
"We've taken large damage to our economy. We're gonna need to get together and discuss this."
"I take it your "Elizath First" ideology is still in place."
"Yes, it is. I'm sorry, but I care about our people.
"I understand. What is the matter?"
"Well, besides the the crisis, of course, I'm suggesting we prevent government bailouts to failing companies."
"I see. Well, I'm not so sure. When the crisis gets resolved, we're going to need a few of our top companies."
"I understand the concern. We've already got Los Dopicos Island drawing up a plan of their own. It passed."
"All right. We'll put it on the Parliament floor and see what we get."
"Thank you."

Return to Global Economics and Trade