NATION

PASSWORD

Looking to Purchase Double Acting Ship for Navy

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Looking to Purchase Double Acting Ship for Navy

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:00 pm

We are looking to purchase double acting ships for our navy. Icebreakers alone do not meet our requirements, they must be double acting, as most of the time they will be located and used in unfrozen water with large currents. If there is more than one ship and more than one nation here which we are satisfied with, we shall purchase from more than one, and we reserve the right to reject any offer. We need the ships to be customisable, and from a trustworthy nation
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:29 pm

What class of ships are you looking for specifically?
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:39 pm

Aclion wrote:What class of ships are you looking for specifically?

Double acting. It needs to be able to operate in heavy ocean currents, and on sea ice
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Republica Federal de Catalunya
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Republica Federal de Catalunya » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:05 pm

What size and What mission should the ship have? An OPV? a Frigate? or a Scientific ship?
Last edited by Republica Federal de Catalunya on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:05 pm

Australian Republic wrote:
Aclion wrote:What class of ships are you looking for specifically?

Double acting. It needs to be able to operate in heavy ocean currents, and on sea ice

I think he means what roles are you looking for? Warships (just patrol vessels or actual combat vessels)? container ships? bulk carriers? ferries?
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:55 pm

Crookfur wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:Double acting. It needs to be able to operate in heavy ocean currents, and on sea ice

I think he means what roles are you looking for? Warships (just patrol vessels or actual combat vessels)? container ships? bulk carriers? ferries?

Naval ships. Both patrol vessels and combat vessels

Republic Of Brunei Darussalam
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Brunei Darussalam » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:32 am

The Royal Brunei Navy is selling two of their Darussalam-class offshore patrol vessel from their stockpile of 23, both of them came to the Navy on 2014 and the Navy is selling them as they are giving space for two Formidable-class frigate which is a final of the Royal Brunei Navy's order of twelve Formidable-class frigates built in Singapore with Bruneian modifications. The Darussalam-class offshore patrol vessel are customisable and BN Engineering is willing to customise it for the Navy of The Australian Republic.
Last edited by Republic Of Brunei Darussalam on Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Dreamliners
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Dreamliners » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:47 am

The Dreamlinersian Navy has double acting ships, our Arctic class Icebreakers, two in service and more under construction. Details can be provided upon request. If needed, a ship can be sent for review.

Republica Federal de Catalunya
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Republica Federal de Catalunya » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:20 am

I helped a nation to make a kind of a Danish Thetis class an OPV that converts in frigate adding Stanflex like mission TEUs. But, the ones I made were fitted inside the ship hull. If you're something like real life Australia you need something larger, such the Danish Thetis of 3500 instead of the 1500 tonnes ship I made up using Dutch Damen Frigate, Irish P60 class OPV and Holland class OPV as inspiration. Also with Icebreaker Bow instead of the bulbous bow I sent to him.
The 1500 tonnes ship was designed with diesel engines only to price down.

This is the original Thetis and How this would be similar look like.

The main modification respect the original desing appart from the bow would be making it capable of using 2 Helicopters up to 11 tonnes and an Aft deck for RHIBs.

Price would depend on installed equipment I'm open to fit Australian Republic sensors or giving you the hulls completed and have the sensors fitted in Australia Republic.
Last edited by Republica Federal de Catalunya on Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade