NATION

PASSWORD

Looking for contractors for Airport

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Reino do Brazil
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 31, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Looking for contractors for Airport

Postby Reino do Brazil » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:51 am

The Ministry of Infrastructure - Looking for contractors

Reino do Brazil

We are looking for a contractor to build In New Frontier International Airport NEF a new runway (3,3Km) and a new terminal to be able to hold 3000000 passangers year. It also have to be adaptable for future upgrade.
NEF https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=398739

We are looking for a budget. If you want to apply please fill the form bellow

Code: Select all
[b]Application

Name of nation:[/b]
[b]Name of Company:[/b]
[b]Representative[/b]
[b]Building plan[/b]
[b]Budget (in NSD) (keep it real)[/b]
[b]Re you hiring locally?[/b]

Results will be known soon.

Tania Silva
(Minister for Infrastructure)
Last edited by Reino do Brazil on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Pherdistan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pherdistan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:57 pm

To the Honorable Tania Salvia, Minister of Infrastructure;

Greetings!

I am Straight Grid; I'll be acting as representative of my company, the Department of Roads, which is responsible for road maintenance and construction within the entirety of Ferdistan. Note that I will also be serving as representative of the Aviation Management Bureau, which will be building the requested airfields. I am answering to your query for a company interested in assuming contracts for three major infrastructure projects.

While more detailed analysis might be provided, we have provided rough estimates in our calculations below. Do not that we will not be assuming locals for the work, if contracted, as our workers are capable of much higher productivity and efficiency than we believe can be expected of your subjects.

Finally, we are most concerned at the Department over your imprecise wording as to building plans. Roads are usually built in standard manner, and we would be applying the same standards used internationally and within your nation to the construction of those roads. In addition, we would apply the same standards to those constructed airfields. Are you desiring a more precise description of the construction of road-building, or something else? At any rate, your request for building plans is rather unclear, and we would ask for clarification in that regard. Our official application is below.

Name of nation: The Federation of Ferdistan
Name of Company: Department of Roads; Aviation Management Bureau
Representative: Straight Grid
Building plan: We will apply all international and local standards to road and airport construction. We are unsure of what you intend by this phrase, however, so clarification is appreciated.
Budget: Presented below are estimates of construction prices of each separate project listed, plus the total. All values are in standard international dollars.

Construction of 6 000km of 4-lane divided Highway/"Motorway"- $40 000 million
Construction of 6 123km of Paved Two-Lane Undivided "Regular" Road- $20 000 million
Construction of 70 "Resting Areas" plus parking and exit/entrance ramps- $100 million
Construction of 3 "Airfields" with specifications- $1 900 million

TOTAL: $62 000 million

Re you hiring locally? No. See above for our rationale for not doing so.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely

Straight Grid
Foreign Projects Manager
Federation Department of Roads

Reino do Brazil
Negotiator

Postby Reino do Brazil » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:38 am

ToStraight Grid, Foreign Projects Manager, Federation Department of Roads
FromTania Silva, Minister of Reino do Brazil

Mr. Grid,

Firstly, let us express our joy for giving time to our proposal. When the results for the contest are known, our engineers wil be flown to present a suggestion for a plan. I know that the motoway will have to pass by 36 cities whilst the regular roads are meant to improve accesses to rural areas and plantations. We thank you in advance for your consideration.

Yours Faithfully
TSilva
Last edited by Reino do Brazil on Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reino do Brazil
Negotiator

Postby Reino do Brazil » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:22 pm

still looking

Furbish Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Furbish Islands » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:06 pm

Application

Name of nation:
Furby Island
Name of Company: Furbish Roadway Agency, Highway Construction and Maintenance Corporation, Furbish Airfields Inc.
Representative Lye-Noh
Building plan
Budget (in NSD) (keep it real)
Motorways/Highways: 66 million
Roads: 75 million
Resting areas: 70 million
Airfields: 90 million

Total: 301 million
Re you hiring locally? yes
Ðe United Provinces and Territories of Ðe Furbiſh Iſlands
Sic semper tyrannis!
Population: 283.503.325
GDP: $10,095 trillion
Currency: Furbish Guilder, ƒ1 = $1,9655
Monarch: Willem van Orange-Nassau
Stadtholder: Adjoa Iſamaan
Prime Minister: Arthur Trudeau

A social liberal Pacific island paradise, formerly a
Dutch, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish colony.
Computer science major and stereotypical nerd.
Russian, born in Israel, currently in
Massachusetts, the best state in the US.

This country is mostly based on my RL beliefs.
FBC News: Dover Man Charged With Assault With Deadly Weapon After Throwing Alligator Through Denny's Drive-Thru Window | Three New High Speed Rail Corridors Clear Environmental Review

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:43 pm

Application

Name of nation:Allanea
Name of Company:Kazansky Heavy Industries
RepresentativeFlorian Decker
Building plan We request additional information.

For us to build these roads requires the following contract information:

Will your nation foot the legal and other costs of the land on which the roads will be built? [I.e. via eminent domain or similar procedures].
Are there special engineering requirements for these roads?
Are there special labor requirements for these roads?

The actual physical construction of the roads will cost 5 million Universal Standard Dollars per kilometer of 4-lane highway, and 1.5 million USD per kilometer of simple 2-lane road. However, these costs can very easily go up if there are special requirements, for example if there are parts of the roads that need to pass through the mountains (this will cost $10 million per km as a baseline cost) or tunnels (which can be highly expensive depending on the terrain, but at no point cheaper than $50 million per kilometer of transportation-valid tunnel).

As you see, exact pricing is not possible based on the information you provided. However we are able to provide a ballpark figure of 50 billion dollars, with local hiring of most labor and excluding special issues like those we covered.

[OOC: 6000 km isn’t really that many roads. And yes, I looked up RL studies to see how much roads cost before I went ahead with it.]
Last edited by Allanea on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Reino do Brazil
Negotiator

Postby Reino do Brazil » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:19 am

Allanea wrote:Application

Name of nation:Allanea
Name of Company:Kazansky Heavy Industries
RepresentativeFlorian Decker
Building plan We request additional information.

For us to build these roads requires the following contract information:

Will your nation foot the legal and other costs of the land on which the roads will be built? [I.e. via eminent domain or similar procedures].
Are there special engineering requirements for these roads?
Are there special labor requirements for these roads?

The actual physical construction of the roads will cost 5 million Universal Standard Dollars per kilometer of 4-lane highway, and 1.5 million USD per kilometer of simple 2-lane road. However, these costs can very easily go up if there are special requirements, for example if there are parts of the roads that need to pass through the mountains (this will cost $10 million per km as a baseline cost) or tunnels (which can be highly expensive depending on the terrain, but at no point cheaper than $50 million per kilometer of transportation-valid tunnel).

As you see, exact pricing is not possible based on the information you provided. However we are able to provide a ballpark figure of 50 billion dollars, with local hiring of most labor and excluding special issues like those we covered.

[OOC: 6000 km isn’t really that many roads. And yes, I looked up RL studies to see how much roads cost before I went ahead with it.]

Mr. Decker,

Thank you for your Company interest on this project. Regarding your question,
The infrastructure will go though private domains. The Goverment is negotiating compensation with the owners. Due to the National Interest Act, it will be a question of time.
There will be seven tunnels trough 6 mounts in need of several flyovers to reach the tunnels.
Accesses and resting areas to be included.
We wouid request for your Company to hire locally when possible.
The terrain needs to be harden before the laying.
The 50 billion is good for us, the cost is within the sum voted in Parliament.
Pease let us know any further clarifications.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:00 am

Official Reply from Florian Decker

We thank you for your appreciation. It's possible that the tunnels will have to be charged for separately but other than this we will happily move in and begin working, studying the land, and carrying out preliminary surveys before construciton begins.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:14 pm

Application

Name of nation:[/b] Kendor
Name of Company: Derrick Roads and Runway Co.
Representative: Dan Jackell
Building plan: Derrick Roads and Runway Co. will construct a single airfield in an important town that you choose. The airfield will have a runway length of 2950 m. In addition, Derrick Roads and Runway Co. will construct 100 Km of Motorway and 300 Km of regular riads that will connect isolated areas.
Budget (in NSD):
-Airfield: 20 million NSD
-Roads: 3 million NSD
-Motorway: 4.8 million NSD
Re you hiring locally? Yes
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Reino do Brazil
Negotiator

Postby Reino do Brazil » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:29 pm

The Federation of Kendor wrote:Application

Name of nation:[/b] Kendor
Name of Company: Derrick Roads and Runway Co.
Representative: Dan Jackell
Building plan: Derrick Roads and Runway Co. will construct a single airfield in an important town that you choose. The airfield will have a runway length of 2950 m. In addition, Derrick Roads and Runway Co. will construct 100 Km of Motorway and 300 Km of regular riads that will connect isolated areas.
Budget (in NSD):
-Airfield: 20 million NSD
-Roads: 3 million NSD
-Motorway: 4.8 million NSD
Re you hiring locally? Yes

Mr. Jackell.

Thank you for your company interest. We have decided to give you the endenvour of buidling the air fields required.

Need 3 runways not near the main cities but in areas of where to we will ship raw matter. The runways shoul be no less than 2500 Km.

Instead of the roads (that wouldnt be sufficient by far), please take care of access to main motoway of the region. ooc accesses are expensive.

Sincerely
JLuis
(Minstry of Infrastructure)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade