NATION

PASSWORD

A Friendly Invitation. (IC/Aurinel Only)

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Parravon and Lyonesse
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Parravon and Lyonesse » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:04 pm

Ludenhof eyed the map, satisfied.
"This arrangement seems acceptable to me."
Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴᴅ Eʟᴇᴄᴛᴏʀᴀᴛᴇ ᴏꜰ Pᴀʀʀᴀᴠᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ Lʏᴏɴᴇssᴇ - Eʟᴇᴄᴛᴏʀᴀᴛᴜs ᴅᴇ Pᴀʀʀᴀᴠᴏɴ ᴇᴛ Lʏᴏɴᴇssᴇ
Wiki - Encyclopedia - Atlas - Overview -

Iɴ ᴅɪɢɴɪᴛᴀᴛᴇ ᴇᴛ ɢʀᴀᴛɪᴀᴇ ɴᴏs ᴇxɪʀᴇ.

Holoska
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Holoska » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:09 pm

E M P I R EO FH O L O S K A
L I E B E N H E I M-1 1S E K S7 2 4

The Emperor of Holoska looked over the map, and couldn't find much of an argument against it. "I suppose this could be acceptable. Of course, the Sṇtējō might disapprove of it, but I suppose that they'll get over themselves. I suppose the only thing left would be persuading the people in our respective claims to not try to slaughter all our settlers."

Skogarstrond
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skogarstrond » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:27 pm

Republic Of Varra wrote:
Parravon and Lyonesse wrote:11 Seks 724

Ludenhof, who hadn't spoken up as of yet, cleared his throat and raised his voice. Producing a large map, he began.
"Gentlemen, I would like to present Parravon's claims. In drawing out these claims, we have been careful as to not infringe upon the territories of other nations."

(Image)

Presenting the map to the table, he continued.
"As you can see, we have claimed the Reseker, Cukier and Expet Islands, as well as a modest colony in Eastern Shtokar and several more holdings along the coastline of Fiela along with some smaller islands around the Mau Loa."

The various leaders muttered to themselves, obviously not entirely satisfied with the Parravonese claims. Ludenhof sighed, and sank back into his seat. Only King Marco of Kookahmunga looked at him with an apologetic, if not slightly sarcastic, expression.
Iffria wrote:"Well, here are our claims. Me and the emperor tried very hard not to cross the claims of you other countries", said Serion as he lays down a map.

(Image)

"If anyone has any problems, now would be a good time".

http://i.imgur.com/KyhYAHJ.png (Redone Varran settlements, with less settlements)

"Many of the good representatives here have claimed many areas that the Varran exploration missions have already settled in. I suggest we redraw some of all of our claims, including us, so that we can come to a comfortable conclusion. I will start with most of the claims, then add Skogarstrond and Kookahmunga if they will. Although I have no idea how Kookahmunga can get to that ice frozen rock of an island."

He took the map in the middle of the table and started drawing delicately.

After some time, he showed to the group what he had mustered.

http://i.imgur.com/ZYdpT50.jpg

"Many of the islands, we could not give up, and the south western portion of Fiela, we could not give up either. However, to compensate for our claims, we have split some islands in half-" He pointed to some on the map to the Parravon Rep and the Holoskan Emperor, "-and we have given vast and large amounts of land gain for the countries."

"This is an outrage!" (he remembered his father telling him to yell that whenever something mildly upset him) "Parravon claimed land we had already claimed and to resolve this you give them more of our claims that they didn't even ask for?"
Last edited by Skogarstrond on Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Parravon and Lyonesse
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby Parravon and Lyonesse » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:35 pm

11 Seks 724

Ludenhof simply smiled sarcastically, obviously amused by the dwarf's outburst.
"Gentlemen, gentlemen, kindly calm down. I am sure we can proceed in a less audible fashion."
Last edited by Parravon and Lyonesse on Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴᴅ Eʟᴇᴄᴛᴏʀᴀᴛᴇ ᴏꜰ Pᴀʀʀᴀᴠᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ Lʏᴏɴᴇssᴇ - Eʟᴇᴄᴛᴏʀᴀᴛᴜs ᴅᴇ Pᴀʀʀᴀᴠᴏɴ ᴇᴛ Lʏᴏɴᴇssᴇ

Skogarstrond
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Skogarstrond » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:38 pm

Parravon and Lyonesse wrote:24 Seks 724

Ludenhof simply smiled sarcastically, obviously amused by the dwarf's outburst.
"Gentlemen, gentlemen, kindly calm down. I am sure we can proceed in a less audible fashion."

"It's a meeting, aren't people supposed to talk at meetings? Unless there was some error in translation I believe that is what audible means am I wrong?"
Last edited by Skogarstrond on Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holoska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Holoska » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:40 pm

The Emperor just smiled as he watched the men shout at each other. He already had what he wanted, what reason did he have to argue? The more they argued with each other, the less they'd focus on arguing with him.

Republic Of Varra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Varra » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:47 pm

"I think it would be up to the delegates of Skogarstrond and Parravon to decide northern Shtokar. And like I said Prince, I did not add the claims of your country yet. There is no need to shout."
Political alignment: (0,0)

Parravon and Lyonesse
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby Parravon and Lyonesse » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:49 pm

11 Seks 724

It seemed that the bearded dwarf intended to make a fight of it. Ludenhof wouldn't be standing for that.
"Respectfully, I would like to ask for Chancellor Katzendorf's opinion on the matter. A second opinion might serve us well."
He continued smirking at Prince Skogor, awaiting the Varran's reply.
Last edited by Parravon and Lyonesse on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skogarstrond
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Skogarstrond » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:51 pm

Republic Of Varra wrote:"I think it would be up to the delegates of Skogarstrond and Parravon to decide northern Shtokar. And like I said Prince, I did not add the claims of your country yet. There is no need to shout."

I understand the matter of the islands is for us to decide, but on the map you drew, you gave the mainland Parravon colony a large extra section in the north that overlapped with the Skogarstrondi claims

Republic Of Varra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Varra » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Katzendorf sighed, while Mobiyuz seemed to be trying to hold in a fit of laughter at the rep's expenses. The other representatives representing the silent countries, especiall Lykorous, seemed to be fidgeting awkwardly in their chairs.

The chancellor motioned to the both. "Give me the map and pen again."

http://i.imgur.com/cjWcfI0.jpg

"There. One Parravon island in the north goes to Skogarstrond so they can get to Taisal. The northern unclaimed regions of Shtokar go to Skogarstrond."

Skogarstrond
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Skogarstrond » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:10 pm

Republic Of Varra wrote:Katzendorf sighed, while Mobiyuz seemed to be trying to hold in a fit of laughter at the rep's expenses. The other representatives representing the silent countries, especiall Lykorous, seemed to be fidgeting awkwardly in their chairs.

The chancellor motioned to the both. "Give me the map and pen again."

http://i.imgur.com/cjWcfI0.jpg

"There. One Parravon island in the north goes to Skogarstrond so they can get to Taisal. The northern unclaimed regions of Shtokar go to Skogarstrond."

We claimed the lands first, and we lose ALL of the Reseker Islands and most of the northern islands? Here's my suggestion. They keep half of the Reseker Islands, we get one more of the main Hydrophian Islands, the Holoskan claim on the peninsula shrinks to only the peninsula and our mainland Shtokar claim spreads down to meet with Iffria.
Last edited by Skogarstrond on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Parravon and Lyonesse
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby Parravon and Lyonesse » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:14 pm

11 Seks 724

Ludenhof inspected the map once again, furrowing his brow.
"It seems we have reached an agreement, assuming you have enough sense to see the benefits in accepting this arrangement."
The Dwarf Prince grimaced.

(This is supposed to go under Varra's post and on top of Skogarstrond's post. My browser f**ked up.)

Ludenhof responded quickly to Skogor's demands.
"We will not give up the Reseker Islands or our Hydrophian Island under any circumstances. You can go and ask Emperor Mobiyuz if he wishes to bargain with you."
Last edited by Parravon and Lyonesse on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Holoska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Holoska » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:20 pm

"So long as the Tomak fall entirely within our sphere of influence, we'll be happy."

Republic Of Varra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Varra » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:29 pm

For the love of...

"Alright. Give me the map one more time. If you are still displeased with this vast land gain, let me just tell you you already have one of the largest claims, talk it with Ludenhof."

Katzendorf quickly swiped the map.

http://i.imgur.com/Rmr3kBD.jpg

"There. Also, Mobiyuz, I had forgotten to place the Varran claim of the North East Fiela isle's bay, as people have settled there. For compensation, all those surrounding islands will go to you as well."

Holoska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Holoska » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:33 pm

Republic Of Varra wrote:For the love of...

"Alright. Give me the map one more time. If you are still displeased with this vast land gain, let me just tell you you already have one of the largest claims, talk it with Ludenhof."

Katzendorf quickly swiped the map.

http://i.imgur.com/Rmr3kBD.jpg

"There. Also, Mobiyuz, I had forgotten to place the Varran claim of the North East Fiela isle's bay, as people have settled there. For compensation, all those surrounding islands will go to you as well."

"I can accept these terms."

Skogarstrond
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Skogarstrond » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:00 pm

Holoska wrote:
(Image)

"So long as the Tomak fall entirely within our sphere of influence, we'll be happy."

"Hmm, I see we both have interest in the tomak, but are there not tomak outside of the borders you have suggested? And to Parravon, I say we settle on three Skogarstrondi Reseker Islands and you keep your damned Hydrophian Islands. Agreed? Assuming of course we keep the one Katzendorf gave us on the map"
Last edited by Skogarstrond on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Parravon and Lyonesse
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby Parravon and Lyonesse » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:09 pm

Skogarstrond wrote:
Holoska wrote:
(Image)

"Hmm, I see we both have interest in the tomak, but are there not tomak outside of the borders you have suggested? And to Parravon, I say we settle on three Skogarstrondi Reseker Islands and you keep your damned Hydrophian Islands. Agreed? Assuming of course we keep the one Katzendorf gave us on the map"

"If you had not heard me clearly last time, we will not, under any circumstances, give up our claims to any of the islands. You already have one of the largest land claims, and I suggest you be content at that."

Skogarstrond
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Skogarstrond » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:17 pm

Parravon and Lyonesse wrote:
Skogarstrond wrote:"Hmm, I see we both have interest in the tomak, but are there not tomak outside of the borders you have suggested? And to Parravon, I say we settle on three Skogarstrondi Reseker Islands and you keep your damned Hydrophian Islands. Agreed? Assuming of course we keep the one Katzendorf gave us on the map"

"If you had not heard me clearly last time, we will not, under any circumstances, give up our claims to any of the islands. You already have one of the largest land claims, and I suggest you be content at that."

"What is so important to Parravon about the Reseker Islands? We may have one of the biggest claims but that is because we don't plan on expanding it. I'm sure that once all the claiming is done there will still be unclaimed land. In which case the rest of you will argue about it while I will sit here content. The Reseker Islands are just islands. We simply wish to have some for stops on the way to trading with Fiela. We are only asking for three islands. Is that too much to ask? You still have inland Shtokar to expand along with Fiela."
Last edited by Skogarstrond on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Parravon and Lyonesse
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby Parravon and Lyonesse » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:33 pm

11 Seks 724

There was no winning with the damn dwarf.
"Alright, we will relinquish our claims to the Hydrophian Islands if you do the same for the Reseker Islands. I hope you can come to see reason at some point."
Last edited by Parravon and Lyonesse on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skogarstrond
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Skogarstrond » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:41 pm

There was no winning with the damn dwarf.
"Alright, we will relinquish our claims to the Hydrophian Islands if you do the same for the Reseker Islands. I hope you can come to see reason at some point."

"One. One of them is all we ask for. We need that vital trading port. Other than that, the rest are yours."

Parravon and Lyonesse
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby Parravon and Lyonesse » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:48 pm

11 Seks 724

Ludenhof returned Prince Skogor's gaze.
"Unfortunately, this will not be possible. I can offer you all of the Morozian Islands if you would just relinquish your claim on the one Reseker Island. How you do not see how this arrangement is more beneficial to you is beyond me."

Republic Of Varra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Varra » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:51 pm

Katzendorf began sipping some hot tea while he watched the representatives fight.

Skogarstrond
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Skogarstrond » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:01 pm

"Unfortunately, this will not be possible. I can offer you all of the Morozian Islands if you would just relinquish your claim on the one Reseker Island. How you do not see how this arrangement is more beneficial to you is beyond me."

"This arrangement can be agreed upon" The Prince turns to face Mobiyuz. "Now onto the matters of the Tomak. Are they not outside of your claims?"
Last edited by Skogarstrond on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Republic Of Varra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Varra » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:10 pm

An audible thud resounded in the room, and the representatives turned to the Chancellor, whose head had fell on the table. "Thank the Gods that's over."

He lifted his head back up. "It's 1 pm. We shall meet again afterwards in discussion about borders, peoples, etc. A hereby break this meeting. Be back at I suggest 1:50."

A hammer knocked on the table.

Holoska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Holoska » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:10 pm

Skogarstrond wrote:

"This arrangement can be agreed upon" The Prince turns to face Mobiyuz. "Now onto the matters of the Tomak. Are they not outside of your claims?"

"Some of them are, but I believe that they'd rather be ruled by our kind than Dwarves. I forsee a migration of sorts."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade