NATION

PASSWORD

A Friendly Invitation. (IC/Aurinel Only)

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Parravon and Lyonesse
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Parravon and Lyonesse » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:17 pm

11 Seks 724

Ludenhof rose, walking to the head of the long table where Katzendorf was talking to an aide in a hushed tone.
"Chancellor, would you mind if I accompanied you for lunch?"
The Varran Chancellor, caught off guard, turned around to meet his stare.
Tʜᴇ Gʀᴀɴᴅ Eʟᴇᴄᴛᴏʀᴀᴛᴇ ᴏꜰ Pᴀʀʀᴀᴠᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ Lʏᴏɴᴇssᴇ - Eʟᴇᴄᴛᴏʀᴀᴛᴜs ᴅᴇ Pᴀʀʀᴀᴠᴏɴ ᴇᴛ Lʏᴏɴᴇssᴇ
Wiki - Encyclopedia - Atlas - Overview -

Iɴ ᴅɪɢɴɪᴛᴀᴛᴇ ᴇᴛ ɢʀᴀᴛɪᴀᴇ ɴᴏs ᴇxɪʀᴇ.

Republic Of Varra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Varra » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:33 pm

Parravon and Lyonesse wrote:11 Seks 724

Ludenhof rose, walking to the head of the long table where Katzendorf was talking to an aide in a hushed tone.
"Chancellor, would you mind if I accompanied you for lunch?"
The Varran Chancellor, caught off guard, turned around to meet his stare.

Katzendorf looked back at the representative. "I would be delighted."
Political alignment: (0,0)

Skogarstrond
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skogarstrond » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:45 pm

Prince Skogor saw Ludenhof go over to Katzendorf after the meeting had temporarily convened, he realized that the meeting hadn't truly convened and there were still politics to be dealt with, and he didn't want to disappoint his father.

The Prince walked over to Mobiyuz who had been leaving the room, possibly to get a breath of fresh air. "Emperor Mobiyuz, may I accompany you on your lunch break? There is more I would like to discuss"

Holoska
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Holoska » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:04 pm

E M P I R EO FH O L O S K A
L I E B E N H E I M-1 1S E K S7 2 4

The Emperor, a tall man even by Anthro standards, looked down at the Dwarven man, only about 121 centimeters to his 214. His first thought was "Oh great. The footstool wishes to speak." His next thought was to respond with something along the lines of "Isn't it bad enough I have to deal with you all as much as I do today?", but he didn't know how to phrase it in anything other than Roska or Anthraic. Faking a smile, he responded. "Very well. Come with me, I will take lunch in the city." He turned to leave, leaving the Dwarven prince to trail in his wake. Where is there a good place for Rokhan food in this Human city?

Skogarstrond
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Skogarstrond » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:17 pm

Holoska wrote:
(Image)

The Emperor, a tall man even by Anthro standards, looked down at the Dwarven man, only about 121 centimeters to his 214. His first thought was "Oh great. The footstool wishes to speak." His next thought was to respond with something along the lines of "Isn't it bad enough I have to deal with you all as much as I do today?", but he didn't know how to phrase it in anything other than Roska or Anthraic. Faking a smile, he responded. "Very well. Come with me, I will take lunch in the city." He turned to leave, leaving the Dwarven prince to trail in his wake. Where is there a good place for Rokhan food in this Human city?

Mobiyuz soon realized that Prince Skogor was no longer following him. He turned around looking for him, wondering where he had gone.
"Shall we proceed?" Mobiyuz snapped back around to the direction he was originally facing to find the Skogarstrondi prince atop a beautiful and large direwolf.

Holoska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Holoska » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:21 pm

Skogarstrond wrote:
Holoska wrote:
(Image)

Mobiyuz soon realized that Prince Skogor was no longer following him. He turned around looking for him, wondering where he had gone.
"Shall we proceed?" Mobiyuz snapped back around to the direction he was originally facing to find the Skogarstrondi prince atop a beautiful and large direwolf.

How did that little fecker do that? Dwarves must be more nimble that I gave them credit for. "I think I'll walk. I need to stretch my legs, those chairs the Humans have are too short."
Last edited by Holoska on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skogarstrond
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Skogarstrond » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:23 am

Holoska wrote:
Skogarstrond wrote:Mobiyuz soon realized that Prince Skogor was no longer following him. He turned around looking for him, wondering where he had gone.

How did that little fecker do that? Dwarves must be more nimble that I gave them credit for. "I think I'll walk. I need to stretch my legs, those chairs the Humans have are too short."

Prince Skogar clearly saw the disbelief plastered across Mobiyuz's face. He chuckled. "Never under-estimate a dwarf, Emperor, we have to make up for our smaller stature somehow." The Emperor continued his walk and the Prince on his dire wolf walked alongside him. "This migration you predicted is intriguing. The thought hadn't come to my father's mind. This may sound odd, but we would like your aid in preventing such a migration. My father has certain...enemies within the mountains that the Tomak would be quite useful to protect against."

Holoska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Holoska » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:04 am

Skogarstrond wrote:
Holoska wrote:How did that little fecker do that? Dwarves must be more nimble that I gave them credit for. "I think I'll walk. I need to stretch my legs, those chairs the Humans have are too short."

Prince Skogar clearly saw the disbelief plastered across Mobiyuz's face. He chuckled. "Never under-estimate a dwarf, Emperor, we have to make up for our smaller stature somehow." The Emperor continued his walk and the Prince on his dire wolf walked alongside him. "This migration you predicted is intriguing. The thought hadn't come to my father's mind. This may sound odd, but we would like your aid in preventing such a migration. My father has certain...enemies within the mountains that the Tomak would be quite useful to protect against."

"The migration is a logical consequence of how the races of this planet interact. I believe that the Tomak, a race after our own making, would prefer to be ruled by those who resemble them, those who have come to accept the tolerance of all races as a given principle of the world, and those who see them as more than tools. And I'm sorry, but I will not deny those Tomak who live within your new dominion the right to be governed by those who they see fit to govern them." He looked the Dwarven man straight in the eye. "Do you know why Humans, Elves, and Dwarves haven't been fleeing the Empire in my reign? Equality. Democratic government. Freedom of choice. Things that precious few nations provide in this day and age, they cling so stubbornly to their dogmas of conservatism and absolutism...daiktai kad ana dauguma ei yra nusipelnęs iki oljoi..."

The Holoskan Emperor went quiet after that, walking along and looking for a shop that sold anything even remotely related to the Rokhan. Gods almighty, I might as well cook it myself. You know what? I will. Not like these Humans are gonna know how to make my food. Almost out of frustration, he shot a glance at a Human man that was walking by him, bitter enough to make the man dart away like he was about to poison him then and there. Come to think of it, did I bring any nightlock with me? He pulled open his bag while the Dwarven man prattled on, and pulled out a small pouch full of black berries. He hadn't even been aware that the Dwarven man was still speaking, until he went quiet upon seeing the berries. Nightlock only grew in central Holoska, but everyone with half a brain knew what nightlock was. The Emperor looked up at the Dwarf with a sickening smile. "Oh, don't worry. These aren't for the meeting. I promise." They walked in silence for a while longer after that.

Skogarstrond
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Skogarstrond » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:59 am

Holoska wrote:
Skogarstrond wrote:Prince Skogar clearly saw the disbelief plastered across Mobiyuz's face. He chuckled. "Never under-estimate a dwarf, Emperor, we have to make up for our smaller stature somehow." The Emperor continued his walk and the Prince on his dire wolf walked alongside him. "This migration you predicted is intriguing. The thought hadn't come to my father's mind. This may sound odd, but we would like your aid in preventing such a migration. My father has certain...enemies within the mountains that the Tomak would be quite useful to protect against."

"The migration is a logical consequence of how the races of this planet interact. I believe that the Tomak, a race after our own making, would prefer to be ruled by those who resemble them, those who have come to accept the tolerance of all races as a given principle of the world, and those who see them as more than tools. And I'm sorry, but I will not deny those Tomak who live within your new dominion the right to be governed by those who they see fit to govern them." He looked the Dwarven man straight in the eye. "Do you know why Humans, Elves, and Dwarves haven't been fleeing the Empire in my reign? Equality. Democratic government. Freedom of choice. Things that precious few nations provide in this day and age, they cling so stubbornly to their dogmas of conservatism and absolutism...daiktai kad ana dauguma ei yra nusipelnęs iki oljoi..."

The Holoskan Emperor went quiet after that, walking along and looking for a shop that sold anything even remotely related to the Rokhan. Gods almighty, I might as well cook it myself. You know what? I will. Not like these Humans are gonna know how to make my food. Almost out of frustration, he shot a glance at a Human man that was walking by him, bitter enough to make the man dart away like he was about to poison him then and there. Come to think of it, did I bring any nightlock with me? He pulled open his bag while the Dwarven man prattled on, and pulled out a small pouch full of black berries. He hadn't even been aware that the Dwarven man was still speaking, until he went quiet upon seeing the berries. Nightlock only grew in central Holoska, but everyone with half a brain knew what nightlock was. The Emperor looked up at the Dwarf with a sickening smile. "Oh, don't worry. These aren't for the meeting. I promise." They walked in silence for a while longer after that.

"We wish the Tomak no harm, if they choose, then we don't even wish to govern them. We have a large claim and can set up large areas for them to have autonomy. We can even help them along, help them industrialize if they choose, give them extra protection from those who mean them harm. We want to make friends, not to alienate them into-" Prince Skogor saw the nightlock in the emperor's hands. The Prince instinctively put his hand on the axe strapped to his back. "What are you doing with that?"
Last edited by Skogarstrond on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Holoska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Holoska » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:19 pm

"Oh, nothing. I just wanted to make sure I still had these. Now, if you'll excuse me, I already got what I wanted from these negotiations. I'm only here to keep anything else from being forced on Holoska, and I have to deal with you all enough as it is." With that, the Emperor turned down a side street that the direwolf couldn't fit down, just to divorce himself from having to continue speaking to him.
Last edited by Holoska on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iffria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Iffria » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:21 pm

"Emperor!", shouted Serion. The young monarch turned around.

"What is it?", he replied. He was obviously irritated.

"I just found the most wonderful place that served Iffrian cuisine. I would like for you to come and eat with me my native food. Come, my treat", he said while smiling. Instead of the devious smile he saw at the meeting, he saw a warm and friendly grin."You wanna try"?

Holoska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Holoska » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:07 pm

For a while longer, Mobiyuz had been walking through the city of Liebenheim, avoiding the cliff overlook. All the while, his head had been swarming with dark thoughts, ones he hadn't been making too much effort in pushing away. And all the while, he kept thinking about the nightlock in his bag. I could slip it into our drinks. That'd be way too easy. Less than a minute later, the leaders of the world's most powerful nations would be dead. Imagine what I could do with that chaos. I'd need to spare Riggio and Moire, though. Come to think of it, where are they?

"Emperor!"

"What kind of way is that to greet a-! Oh. Hello Serion." The Iffrian diplomat was smiling up at him, waving him over. "What is it?"

"I just found the most wonderful place that served Iffrian cuisine. I would like for you to come and eat with me my native food. Come, my treat!"

Iffrian food. For some reason, I could definitely go for some Reinsdyrsteik... Mobiyuz became aware that he was feeling somewhat relieved to be talking to Serion. He was one of the few monarchs that wanted to deal with Holoska on an even kilter, instead of condescendingly talking up to him. And for the first time that day since he had seen his sister, he felt himself giving a genuine smile. "Yes, Serion, that sounds lovely. Just hold on a minute." He whistled loudly, and a big black raven flew down from up above. "Find my sister, President Riggio, and Queen Moire, and have them come find me." The crow nodded in understanding, and flew back off. Mobiyuz smiled. "I always liked ravens. Beautiful, intelligent creatures. Good pathfinders, too. I hope you don't mind that I've invited some of my friends, but I feel like it'd be nice to have all the Anthros together for a while"
Last edited by Holoska on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iffria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Iffria » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Serion's grin was from cheek to cheek. He was glad that Mobiyuz excepted his offer."So, what types of food do you like to eat?"

Holoska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Holoska » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:28 pm

Iffria wrote:Serion's grin was from cheek to cheek. He was glad that Mobiyuz excepted his offer."So, what types of food do you like to eat?"

"Normally foods from Holoska, but at this point, I'm willing to eat anything with meat. And broccoli. I don't know why, but I want broccoli today. Do they have that on this island?"

Republic Of Varra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Varra » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:31 pm

Katzendorf looked over at the representative. "There is quite a charming restaurant in the midst of this building that would be more than happy to serve us. I don't think being enveloped by the crowd of people outside is such a good idea."

Ludenhof shook his head in agreement.

Katzendorf questionably looked back at the table, "Come to think of it, why did the other leaders not be harassed by the crowd. Strange. Perhaps the guards are doing their job for once."

Iffria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Iffria » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:43 pm

Holoska wrote:
Iffria wrote:Serion's grin was from cheek to cheek. He was glad that Mobiyuz excepted his offer."So, what types of food do you like to eat?"

"Normally foods from Holoska, but at this point, I'm willing to eat anything with meat. And broccoli. I don't know why, but I want broccoli today. Do they have that on this island?"

"We have this one dish that translates roughly into 'The Bounty of The Sea'. All species of edible fish that are on the coast of the Yakar peninsula are slowly sauted with a little white wine and covered with garlic, cheese, and lemon juice. It's my favorite. And in the traditional cuisine, it comes with a side of baked potato and, you guessed it, broccoli. Cause broccoli is good with fish. It also serves up to eight people, so it's perfect for us and your friends."
Last edited by Iffria on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holoska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Holoska » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Iffria wrote:
Holoska wrote:"Normally foods from Holoska, but at this point, I'm willing to eat anything with meat. And broccoli. I don't know why, but I want broccoli today. Do they have that on this island?"

"We have this one dish that translates roughly into 'The Bounty of The Sea'. All species of edible fish that are on the coast of the Yakar peninsula are slowly sauted with a little white wine and covered with garlic, cheese, and lemon juice. It's my favorite. And in the traditional cuisine, it comes with a side of baked potato and, you guessed it, broccoli. Cause broccoli is good with fish. It also serves up to eight people, so it's perfect for us and your friends."

"Does it have to be seafood?"

Republic Of Varra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Varra » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:14 pm

After the hour was up, all the leaders and representatives got back fine. Although some smelled of seafood.

"Shall we begin once more?"

Skogarstrond
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Skogarstrond » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:26 pm

Republic Of Varra wrote:After the hour was up, all the leaders and representatives got back fine. Although some smelled of seafood.

"Shall we begin once more?"

"I'm ready if all of you are." said the Prince. He caught Mobiyuz glancing at him and quickly remembered the scene with the nightlock. He slowly pushed his glass away from him.

Holoska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Holoska » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:17 pm

"I believe I am. And I think we should start with the man from Ennos, he seems to be itching to say something." All eyes turned to the man from Ennos.

Meyri
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Meyri » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:49 pm

The representative from Meyri, a young woman with blue eyes and red hair, stood up. "Um... before we go any further about borders, I have something to ask of the Holoskan Emperor."

Mobiyuz looked over at the representative rather exasperated. "What is it?"

The representative gave a quick bow to the Holoskan royal before continuing. "As the delegation of Varra and Meyri have discussed in the past, Meyri is set to become it's own country by 750."

There was some mumbles and whispers heard in the room.

"Us in the Meyri legislation would like to ask Holoska, once we do become a country, land/territory in the Iffrian peninsula."

Holoska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Holoska » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:46 pm

Meyri wrote:The representative from Meyri, a young woman with blue eyes and red hair, stood up. "Um... before we go any further about borders, I have something to ask of the Holoskan Emperor."

The representative gave a quick bow to the Holoskan royal before continuing. "As the delegation of Varra and Meyri have discussed in the past, Meyri is set to become it's own country by 750."

"Us in the Meyri legislation would like to ask Holoska, once we do become a country, land/territory in the Iffrian peninsula."

"That is entirely dependent on how much land you wish to acquire from the Drestov Territory."

Meyri
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Meyri » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:33 pm

Holoska wrote:
Meyri wrote:The representative from Meyri, a young woman with blue eyes and red hair, stood up. "Um... before we go any further about borders, I have something to ask of the Holoskan Emperor."

"That is entirely dependent on how much land you wish to acquire from the Drestov Territory."

The representative quickly grabbed the map and pen, which were still in the middle of the table, and begun to draw.

http://i.imgur.com/Ax6wK8l.png

With her shaking hand, she pushed the map over to the Holoskan Emperor.

"Um... the shaded in portion of the map for us is the border I had suggested, that I'm sure you would like more honestly. It is drawn upon the Hawl river. The bordered portion is the land that the Meyri delegation wanted to present to you.

Holoska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Holoska » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:23 pm

Meyri wrote:
Holoska wrote:

The representative quickly grabbed the map and pen, which were still in the middle of the table, and begun to draw.

http://i.imgur.com/Ax6wK8l.png

With her shaking hand, she pushed the map over to the Holoskan Emperor.

"Um... the shaded in portion of the map for us is the border I had suggested, that I'm sure you would like more honestly. It is drawn upon the Hawl river. The bordered portion is the land that the Meyri delegation wanted to present to you.

The Emperor looked over the map. "You want us, the largest and most powerful Empire in the world, to hand over half of Drestov to you, a nation with a population of 2,300 people that is dependent on two different nations for its government and economics. I hope you have a more serious proposal."

Republic Of Varra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Varra » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:31 pm

Katzendorf looked on at the shaking girl and thought to himself quietly. "You may not seem like much, but you are probably braver than all of us here. Good luck" he thought.
Last edited by Republic Of Varra on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade