NATION

PASSWORD

M400 Area Defense Device

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

M400 Area Defense Device

Postby Allanea » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:38 am

M400 Area Defense Device
Cutoff model of M225, the M400’s predecessor

Type: Anti-Personnel / Anti-Transprt fragmentation, HEAP, controlled, bounding, area-effect mine.
Hull: Metal
Mass: 100 kg
Diameter: 60 cm
Height: 100 cm
Sensor range: 50-200 m
Total disablement radius: 90-100 m
Submunitions: 60
Submunition penetration: 80mm RHAe
Submunition blast radius: 15m
Activity period: 60 days
Wait time: Battery
Temperature range: -40 - +50 degrees
Price: $10,000
DPR: $10 billion

The M400 Area Defense Device is a successor to the M225 Landmine originally proposed by a Russian landmine manufacturer in the year 2001. Advances in battery technology and grenade technology allowed the Allanean Arms industry to fit in more, smaller submunitions (based on the M430A1 grenade), as well as to allow for an improved service period for the grenade.

M400 ADD Principle of Operations

The M400 Area Defense Device is sealed entirely to avoid scent-based detection of the landmine itself. It is equipped with a vibration sensor similar to what is used in other advanced vibration-triggered mines, capable of detecting the approach of individuals or vehicles. When a group of several individuals or a group accompanied by a vehicle approaches within 50 meters of the landmine, the landmine’s fuze detonates, first causing a small explosive to remove the protective cover on the top of the landmine, blowing away the cover and the layer of soil masking the mine, and then causing the M400 to bounce in the air, powered by a rocket booster. When the landmine is in the air at last, the mine detonates, sowing sixty 40mm streamer-delayed submunitions around itself, blanketing everything within a 100-meter radius in explosions. Should one of the munitions impact on a vehicle’s roof, the vehicle is likely to be penetrated. (The effect radius is practically the same as used by previous-generation heavy landmines like the M225, however use of more modern submunitions allows more adequate coverage of the attack area).

However, what makes the device truly lethal is the array of onboard electronics. A section of the landmine - segregated from the rest of the body by a layer of sealant and plastic, to avoid the smell of explosives being detected - carries an elaborate, EMP-shielded system of electronics. This allows it to both communicate via encrypted radio link with separate sensors, including vibration sensors, infra-red sensors, and other landmines, as well as enable encrypted radio communications with a Minefield Management Computer or a controller. The mine’s onboard Minefield Network Node Card can also figure as an element of a Minefield Management System of its own, both as a communication node and as command module. In this mode it can control other landmines, such as issuing orders to radio-command detonators for smaller landmines when ground personnel approach in quantities insufficient to justify the use of an M400 mine on them. In addition, the system can use a wire uplink to communicate with other landmines or a Minefield Management Computer. This can be used to disarm the mine if the counterdemining sensors are not in place.

Behind the lines, the mine can be controlled either from a Minefield Management Computer, a tactical laptop, or an application installed on a Commander’s Hardened Tablet. A variant of the software is being developed for the Imerian Warforce Joint Electronic Book [The "Kreigsmaktens sammanslutna elektroniska ook"]

M400 in deployment container.

A small pin is attached to the side of the mine casing, shielded under a small latch. Opening the latch and pulling out the pin activates several counterdemining charges - a vibration sensor (active on any attempts to move the mine more than five centimeters) and two light sensors (active on a removal of the fuze or the mine’s top cover). Sometimes an additional booby-trap device can be placed under the mine to avoid its removal by come covert manner. The mine self-destructs by detonation when the battery runs out. Once the counterdemining charges are activated, they cannot be disabled.

Special Note on Planting the M400: The M400 is a heavy device. Planting it requires the use of a crew of three men, who can either plant it by hand (after, of course, delivering it by truck, and digging a hole by hand, which would take a man with a full-sized shovel about half an hour). However, a better way to do so is to equip a mine deployment kit on an existing truck (DPR is included with the DPR for M400). The kit includes a light crane to lift the mines, a drill capable in working in I-IV category soils, as well as electronic testing and control equipment.

PLEASE MAKE ALL PURCHASES VIA THE ALLANEAN DEFENSE EXPORTS STOREFRONT

PURCHASING FORM:

Code: Select all
[b]Purchasing entity:[/b]
[b]Number of devices:[/b]
[b]Would you like to purchase DPR for the M400:[/b]
[b]Total payment:[/b]
Last edited by Allanea on Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Bashriyya
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Bashriyya » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:41 pm

Purchasing entity: Bashriyyan Army
Number of devices: 4
Would you like to purchase DPR for the M400: Yes
Total payment: 10.00004 billion US$
Undergoing retcon, standby.

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby McNernia » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:05 pm

Purchasing entity:Mcnernian Ministry of Defense
Number of devices: 100 For Testing
Total payment:
11,000,000,000 USD
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Call me Archinia ICly and well maybe Mcnernia is plausible....I don't know.

Lore change?

Arachkya
Envoy

Founded: Sep 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Arachkya » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:07 am

Purchasing entity: The Great leader of Arachkya.
Number of devices: 10.000
Total payment: 10.000.000 USD
There is no divine feminine.

My nations policies are not economic, but a deliberate attempt to kill of the spirits and the sacred forests of the Pagan rebels.

My nation does NOT represent my RL views.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:27 am

Arachkya wrote:Purchasing entity: The Great leader of Arachkya.

OOC:

1. Did you not see the part where it links to the main storefront?
2. At any rate your nation is not likely to be approved for this purchase.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Arachkya
Envoy

Founded: Sep 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Arachkya » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:30 am

Allanea wrote:
Arachkya wrote:Purchasing entity: The Great leader of Arachkya.

OOC:

OOC:
1: Oh you buy it in the main storefront? :)

2: Why?, we are such a glorious country full of happy people. :D
There is no divine feminine.

My nations policies are not economic, but a deliberate attempt to kill of the spirits and the sacred forests of the Pagan rebels.

My nation does NOT represent my RL views.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:45 am

Arachkya wrote:
Allanea wrote:

OOC:

OOC:
1: Oh you buy it in the main storefront? :)

2: Why?, we are such a glorious country full of happy people. :D

OOC:

PLEASE MAKE ALL PURCHASES VIA THE ALLANEAN DEFENSE EXPORTS STOREFRONT
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade