NATION

PASSWORD

[CLOSED - DO NOT POST]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

[CLOSED - DO NOT POST]

Postby Excidium Planetis » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:01 pm

Public Notice

Gizmos and Gadgets Surplus, on behalf of the Excidian Industrial Coalition, humbly requests international assistance on the planet Chri-irah.

The natives of Chri-irah have launched unprovoked attacks on our merchants and holdings on the planet, despite possessing the ability to peacefully communicate with us. In response to these attacks, Private Security Companies began defending our interests with lethal force. The natives did not take this well and full scale war has broken out.

In addition to these personal grievances, our enemies have committed several atrocious acts:
  • Our enemy, the nation of Kaybor, has engaged in the mass genocide of the Trapulli ethnic group, slaughtering innocents, burning structures, and shooting reporters in the area on sight.
  • The Southern Chey nations, also our enemies, have displaced thousands of Birrin from border regions and housed them in ghettoes, and responded to protests regarding these actions with lethal force.
  • The nation of Kendi has allied itself with Kaybor and has implicitly condoned the actions of its ally.
  • Kaybor is a dictatorship that suppresses democratic uprisings.
  • All involved nations have sold their own Birrin citizens into slavery.

Unfortunately, a large international alliance has chosen to assist these tyrants in their defense, and our forces find themselves outnumbered. We need your help to turn the tide. Any Nation or Organization lending military aid shall be paid NS$ 800 billion for their assistance.

Thank you,
Valerie Nguyen, CEO Gizmos and Gadgets Surplus

Code: Select all
[b][u]Application[/u][/b]
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Forces being Deployed:[/b]
[b]Applicable Military Factbooks:[/b]

[b]Do you have any allies who might assist you?[/b]

[b]RP Example:[/b]

Planning Thread
Last edited by Excidium Planetis on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:34 am

Application

Nation Name: The Balalaika Free Company / Gordon's Brigade / Kulik's Bombardiers
Forces being Deployed: Approx. 40,000 Cossacks, 10,000 regulars
Applicable Military Factbooks:
See my nation page. Although it's in the middle of a major rework. I can supply relevant information from the raw (as yet unposted) factbooks as requested though.

Do you have any allies who might assist you?
The groups in question are private military organizations and thus could possibly be paid to bring in more troops.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Apophan
Secretary

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Apophan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:55 am

Application
Nation Name: Clan Xaphaii
Forces being Deployed: One Harvest Fleet, with 30,000 Raiders
Formations
Vessels
Terrestrial Forces

Do you have any allies who might assist you? No.
Last edited by Apophan on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your Not-so-Friendly Neighbourhood Space Pirates

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:55 am

Official Warning from the Free Kingdom Ministry of War

Gizmos and Gadgets Surplus,, operating ostensibly ‘on behalf of the Excidian Industrial Coalition’, has concealed a key fact. Up until very recently, Gizmos and Gadgets Surplus routinely advertised the sales of Birrin and Tak’tlek slaves, which they have forcibly captured from the population - according to previous publications by Gizmos and Gadgets Surplus, the Birrin slaves fought back violently, firing assault rifles at their potential captors. This is not consistent with their current claims that the local populations sold slaves willingly.

Naturally, if advanced space aliens landed on our home planet and tried to capture Allaneans into slavery, we would also fire assault rifles at our potential captors. As such we are fairly warning any individuals that may choose to hire themselves out to aid the Excidians, that we consider the cause of the Birrin to be broadly justified. We suspect that this previous policy of slavery, even if currently formally abolished, is at the root of the current conflict.

Nor do we consider the cause of ‘democracy’ to be so sacred as to obfuscate the main issue - the fact that for years on end, the Excidians have routinely assaulted the Birrin, enslaved them for export, and used their dead bodies for scientific research - all facts which are openly referred to in the company’s own promotional material.

Please be aware that a Free Kingdom Stellar Navy force is currently being assembled for reaction.
Last edited by Allanea on Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

The Ctan
Minister

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Ctan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:19 pm

Application
Nation Name: The Great Civilization of The Ctan
Forces being Deployed: Engagement Force - 30 ships plus numerous subcraft, drone hives, transports and parasite craft.
Applicable Military Factbooks: Space Travel/Infrastructure General, Introductory Factbook and General Website and Military Reform overview

Do you have any allies who might assist you? The C'tan have some allies in surprising places, but they're not likely to join this campaign.
"The Necrons were amongst the first beings to come into existance, and have sworn that they will rule over the living." - Still surprisingly accurate!
"Be you anywhere from Progress Level 5 or 6 and barely space-competent, all the way up to the current record of PL-20 for beings like the C’Tan..." Lord General Superior Rai’a Sirisi, Xenohumanity
"Many races and faiths have considered themselves to be a threat to the Necrons, but their worlds and their cultures are now little more than interesting archaeology."
Want to get in touch? Direct Discord Link

Hobbiest Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbiest Republic » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:38 pm

Application
Nation Name: The Democratic Theological Hobbiest Republican Empire
Forces being Deployed: Fleet of Belligerent Disposition 35 vessels FTL capable vessels(1 Star Destroyer, 2 marilquist class cruisers, 10 Requisite Class Frigates, 5 Refreshment Ships, 2 Supply Hulks, 15 Keratin Class Patrol Vessels assorted smallcraft)
Applicable Military Factbooks:spacecraft

Do you have any allies who might assist you? unlikely, though we are part of a number of coalitions, only a few have space faring capacity
Last edited by Hobbiest Republic on Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoPS-Member
CoNS- Founder/Member
UEF-Observer
Amistad Signatory

Economic Left/Right: 5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03
Aboot Meh: Pro-Chife, Pro-Dakka, Pro-Capitalism, Pro-Freedom
"That's what forgiveness sounds like, Screaming and then silence."-Carl

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:03 pm

Public Notice

Do not be alarmed by the outrageous propaganda distributed by Allanea.

While it is true that we apprehended many Birrin by force, the individuals in question were fugitives in the Kiln, which the Kaybor Kiln Administration specifically informed us we could apprehend, and indeed that is whom we paid for the Birrin individuals. What the Kiln Administration failed to tell us is that the individuals were revels with a history of firing missiles at Kiln Administration aircraft, so it understandable they would reacted violently to our forces.

Indeed, this whole attempt to turn this into a history of sapient rights abuses on our part is ridiculous, as it is well known by our enemies that Birrin slaves were given extensive rights, including the right to vote, and our own WA Ambassador is a well known proponent of sapient rights.

The facts here are that Allanea and their partners standing against our forces stand beside a genocidal dictatorship willing to sell its own rebels into slavery.

Thank you,

Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:22 pm

Official Response from the Free Kingdom Ministry of War

Whether or not the individuals were rebels or were inherently ‘violent’ is totally irrelevant. Shooting an assault rifle at people who are attempting to enslave you is entirely socially acceptable, and it is an activity that should be encouraged. Nor is it, frankly, relevant how many ‘rights’ the Excidians have ‘given’ the Birrin slaves. First, it is irrelevant because all slavery is vile regardless of the precise circumstances, the labor conditions, the color of the slave’s fancy uniform, or any other such eventuality. Second, it is irrelevant because the Excidians have chosen to re-export the Birrin slaves, selling them to purchasers over whose treatment of the slaves they ultimately had no control.

The fact is that the Excidians have engaged in sapient rights abuses that they have never hidden - indeed that they have openly advertised in their corporate material, and which their own corporate material refers to as ‘ruthless imperialism’ - cannot be obfuscated by any number of fashionable talk about ‘democracy’.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Das Schmutzige Huhn
Envoy

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Das Schmutzige Huhn » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:28 pm

Application
Nation Name: Das Schmutzige Huhn
Forces being Deployed: 500,000 Space Marines, 45,000 Orbital Fighters & Bombers
Applicable Military Factbooks:N/A

Do you have any allies who might assist you? Yes
Hermes: Like my granny used to say back in her tar paper shack on Montego Bay, "If you want a box thrown into the sun, you got to do it yourself."

Professor: “YOUR GRANNY CAN GO TO HELL!"

Norcourt
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Norcourt » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:58 pm

Application
Nation Name: Norcourt
Forces being Deployed: 15,000 Blue Brigadiers, 200 Armored Cars

The Blue Brigadiers was a heavily armed police force to be used in the colonies of Norcourt in 1920. They re are armed with the Norcourtian M50 Assault rifle, the Norcourtian Harris Gun, and Mk.1 Grenades. They enforce strictly under the rules of the government, and have the highest loyalty in the Norcourtian Army. They have a blue uniform with a kepi. Use them as you like

Applicable Military Factbooks: No not really, I use NSstats t record wars.

Do you have any allies who might assist you? Not currently, they are helping me in wartime
Last edited by Norcourt on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!
Host nation of Nuza

Vilkia
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilkia » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:40 pm

Nation Name: Vilkia
Forces being Deployed: Vilkian Guard: 8 Alpha Wolf Battleships, 14 Mother Wolf supply ships, 3,200 Vilkia Warriors, 320 Tannsgrisnir IFVs, 200 Thor MBTs, 40 Odin Heavy Tanks, 270 Valkeryie dropships, 40 Tanngjostr dropships, 300 Raven fighters. Vilkian Mercenaries/Raiders: 40 Wolf assualt ships, 137 Omega corvettes, 53,700 Vilkian Raiders, 1,096 Stag jeeps, 200 Sleipnir APCs, 840 Thor MBTs, 3,208 Valkeryie dropships, 160 Nótt stealth dropships.
Applicable Military Factbooks: I haven't made any yet. But here's a run down. The Vilkian Guard is the professional military of Vilkia. They are well equiped and highly trained. The Vilkian Raiders/Mercenaries are trained freelance citizens who, as their name implies, raid or fight for money. They are attracted to this conflict because of the possible profit. But the Vilkian Overjarl made then pledge not to attack the Coalition or their allies. (Player note; You are probaly saying that I'm godmodding because I'm such a small nation but have brought such a large force. If you would've noticed that the bulk of my forces are citizens and not government paid troops. Plus, all ships, except large Alpha Wolf class battleships, are small and require a small crew.)
Ship Tech:
Vilkian ships always stress speed over any other function. Even large ships such as Alpha Wolf class battleships stress speed over firepower and energy shields. This is not to say that Vilkian ships lack potent firepower and powerful engery shields, they just have less of these attributes compared to similiar sized ships. The primary anti-ship armanent of Vilkian ships are different sized rail cannons capable of using different types of ammunition. Secondary anti-ship armanents usaually include orbital bombardment missiles and some laser cannons. The primary anti-starfighter weapons include auto lascannons (These are not powerful enough to seriously damage decently armored ships.) and anti-starfighter missiles.
Strategy for War:
Vilkian forces as of this moment will not take place in any large open battles. They will only raid isolated enemy outposts, towns, and merchant ships. Any weakly defended supply convoys will also be attacked
(I will make a military factbook soon.)
have any allies who might assist you? IC: Well there is a nation called Saint Brendania who will probaly help. They have some noble notion that helping other nations, for free at that, is the right thing to do. They have a small military so don't expect much to come from them.

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:44 pm

A Memorandum from the Chartered Alliance of Terran Free Companies,
Representing the interests of the aforementioned mercenary groups and free companies who have expressed interest in the offer made by Valerie Nguyen,

Represented herein by HHN C.M. Gordon, appointed commander of Gordon's Brigade:

I and my esteemed colleagues, Baron Kulik and Ataman Reznov, have little enough interest in the politics of this situation. If the Allaneans are willing to pay us more not to fight, then we're fine with that, as long as somebody bloody well pays us. If the Allaneans want to pay us to kill corporates, then that's fine too. This is, I understand it, generally an accepted practice and one I consider quite reasonable. Once our commission is made, of course, we will abide by it, but until I've got some damn paperwork to sign then whoever sends me the biggest number is my best friend.

Mr. Reznov also notes that he is quite partial to exotic birds and open to persuasion via that avenue.

(Signed)
C.M. Gordon
(Signed)
Alexei V. Kulik
(Signed)
Stepan Reznov
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:07 am

OMGeverynameistaken wrote:
A Memorandum from the Chartered Alliance of Terran Free Companies,
Representing the interests of the aforementioned mercenary groups and free companies who have expressed interest in the offer made by Valerie Nguyen,

Represented herein by HHN C.M. Gordon, appointed commander of Gordon's Brigade:

I and my esteemed colleagues, Baron Kulik and Ataman Reznov, have little enough interest in the politics of this situation. If the Allaneans are willing to pay us more not to fight, then we're fine with that, as long as somebody bloody well pays us. If the Allaneans want to pay us to kill corporates, then that's fine too. This is, I understand it, generally an accepted practice and one I consider quite reasonable. Once our commission is made, of course, we will abide by it, but until I've got some damn paperwork to sign then whoever sends me the biggest number is my best friend.

Mr. Reznov also notes that he is quite partial to exotic birds and open to persuasion via that avenue.

(Signed)
C.M. Gordon
(Signed)
Alexei V. Kulik
(Signed)
Stepan Reznov

Public Notice

Dear Mr. Gordon, Mr. Kulik, and Mr. Reznov,

We at Gizmos and Gadgets thank you for offering to provide valuable support for the Industrial Coalition. As promised, we agree to pay NS$ 800,000,000,000.00 for services, 50 billion of which we shall pay up front, and the rest to be delivered on conclusion of your forces' involvement in the conflict.

We do not have an accurate estimate on when the conflict will conclude, but will require your units to stay on the mission no longer than one Terran year.

Please, feel free to post any questions or comments regarding these terms.

Thank you,

PS: We will throw in a rare Parrot Flowerjaw in exchange for guaranteed support of our forces. It is sort of like a bird, and makes an excellent pet in zero gravity environments.

The Tiber and Wisdom
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiber and Wisdom » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:38 am

Application
Nation Name: Supreme Empire of Tiber and Wisdom
Forces being Deployed: 15th Armed Mobile Brigade
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the ... /id=515231
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the ... /id=515241

Do you have any allies who might assist you?
Not currently but some sub forces and PMs may soon be able to follow.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade