NATION

PASSWORD

'Timur' Mine-Resistant Armored Vehicle (MRAP) [MT: ZDI]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Atlantica
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

'Timur' Mine-Resistant Armored Vehicle (MRAP) [MT: ZDI]

Postby Atlantica » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:44 am

Present all orders to the Corporate Home and do not post in this thread. Failure to do such will result in negligence of the order. Thank You.

Z.D.I. Timur Mine-Resistant Armored Vehicle (MRAV)
Exquisite Survivability. Perfect in Low-intensity Conflicts.

UNIT COST: $900,000 (Primary Armament Included)
DPR: $10,000,000,000

The Timur is a line of primarily 6 x 6, mine-resistant ambush protected (MRAP) armored vehicles built by Zeus Defense Industries and Kronos Motors, aimed for service in the Federal Eastern Union Army, Marine Corps and the Imperial Guard to fulfill protected transport and various roles emphasized in modern warfare, such as low-intensity conflicts and counter-insurgency warfare. Protected against small arms, improvised explosive devices (IED) and land mines through a number of characteristics, the Timur is a potent vehicle suited for low-intensity warfare, a type of warfare common in modern times. With survivability and combat capability, it is a vehicle desired by every crew.

As the flow of modern warfare turned into low-intensity, insurgency warfare in the long run, a problem rose: land mines and improvised explosive devices (IED) have begun to prevail as a counter-punch to many military vehicles. Lightly armored, many transport vehicles and light combat vehicles, such as the Humvee, were hopeless against such weapons. That was the reason why the Timur was developed - to offer an alternative to vulnerable vehicles and actually offer some protection to the troops within it. Using a V-shaped hull to deflect IED blasts away from the vehicle, the Timur line offers a way against IED's and land mines within the ground. Its armor, using composite materials instead of using just steel, is another factor that adequately protects the vehicle. According to FEUMC experiments, the armor of the Timur has been effective against 14.5 mm rounds from 200 meters. Furthermore, the seats in the troop transport compartment are attached to the roof instead the floor: this is to minimize casualties in case of an IED/land mine explosion beneath the vehicle.
The Troop Carrier Compartment.

The Timur line has two people up on the driver's compartment - one a driver, the other at the shotgun seat for supportive roles and combat. In the protected, separated troop carrier compartment, however, are positions for sixteen fully-armed troops. Protected by the vehicle itself, the sixteen armed troops are able to reach their combat locations in safety and take on combat roles. In a way, the Timur is a lighter APC - an APC meant for low-intensity warfare and security. As of now, a completely redesigned 8 x 8 platform meant for more transport roles and modifications, commonly known as the 'Taimir', is at work.

To power itself and make everything possible, the Timur line is equipped with Kronos Motors' PMAV-12H diesel-hybrid engines, which provide a thrust of 480 hp. Using a hybrid drive, the Timur also has its aims on being more fuel-efficient than other vehicles, giving itself an advantage. It uses an automatic transition system, as seen on many other vehicles currently in service. Its tires are made to be run-flat tires and two spare tires, allowing the vehicle to still move even when the tires are popped.

To defend itself, the Timur line is primarily equipped with a Remote Weapons System (RWS), which, depending on the operator, can be mounted with a 12.7 mm machine gun or a 40 mm automatic grenade launcher. Although a design including a manned turret was considered, such proposals were defeated by the RWS, especially regarding the crew's safety from enemy fire. Furthermore, at the expense of a single seat, the Timur can even be mounted with a 25 mm chain gun or four anti-tank guided missiles, both of which are options.
Defense tests done on the Timur.

Specifications

• Weight: 19.8 t
  • Length: 8.99 m
  • Crew : 2 (Driver, Support) + 16 Troops
  • Engine: Kronos Motors PMAV-12 Diesel-Hybrid Engine, 480 hp
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Suspension : 6×6 wheeled
  • Operational Range (No modifications) 1400 km
  • Maximum Speed: 110 km
  • Armament
    • Standard: 1 x RWS (12.7 mm MG or 40 mm Grenade Launcher)
    • w/ Modifications: 4 x ATGM's or 1 x 25 mm chain gun
  • Mine Protection (Below-Hull): Up to 9 kg of TNT
Proudly a Member of the International Northwestern Union

MT, PMT: The Greater Eastern Union of Zhenia
FT: The Continuum of Atlantica

zeusdefense.com
kronosinc.com

Atlantica
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atlantica » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:44 am