NATION

PASSWORD

MQ-7 Wyvern UAV

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Pharthan
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

MQ-7 Wyvern UAV

Postby Pharthan » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:12 am

MQ-7A WYVERN
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, Reconnaissance

Deviantart Page
RESTRICTION LEVEL TWO
Unit Cost:$16 Million
DPR Cost: $15 Billion
MQ-7A Wyvern
Stats:
Crew: 0 (2 Remote Operators)
Length: 28.5ft
Fuselage Width: 8ft
Wingspan: 92ft
Height: 12ft
Powerplant: Asimov TBQ-12 Turboprop, 900hp

Performance:
Maximum speed: 260mph
Cruise speed: 190mph
Combat radius: 1,400mi
Service ceiling: 50,000ft
Endurance: 17 hours fully loaded

Avionics:
Distributed Aperture System (DAS) missile warning system
Multifunction Advanced Data Link (MADL) communication system
Dragonfly Ground Search Radar
SkyBurn Air Search Radar

Reconnaissance Package:
Wide-Array Real-time Advanced Multi-Spectral Imaging System

Armament:
4 Hardpoints
- 4 Air-to-Air Missiles or Strike Missiles, Rocket Pods
- 8 Small Air-to-Air or Air-to-Ground missiles
- 2 2000lbs bombs/guided munitions

DESCRIPTION
The Wyvern was designed to be a multi-role UAV. It is capable of high endurance missions as well as stealthy reconnaissance, all while being a far more expendable system than conventional manned reconnaissance aircraft.

The WARAMS ("Warams") system utilizes hundreds of small cameras each fixed upon a certain spot relative to the aircraft which are aimed by the overall rotation ball upon which they are fixed. The result is a wide-area panoramic view of an area 40mi square with extreme clarity. The operators of the UAV can selectively zoom in on a target, identifying objects only 4 inches in width, with a centerline high-definition camera able to run facial recognition software. With this, the operators may locate targets while still maintaining an overall view of the battlefield to resist focusing too much on one target. Overall, this prevents civilian casualties, aids troop coordination, and keeps full battlefield clarity. Multiple operators may select different views to zoom in on at the same time.

Warfare Roles of the MQ-7A Wyvern
  • Attack (Air-to-Surface/Ground)
  • Reconnaissance

The Wyvern was intended originally to be a stealth UAV, but while producing a jet-engine powered model, it became readily apparent that a similarly sized propeller-driven model was needed as well, and it would serve in more capacities than a jet-engine model, so the Wyvern model was prioritized. It still maintains some degree of stealth thanks to it's lift-producing shrouded propeller and angled stabilizers beneath the wing helping to shield incoming radar signals from intersecting with the propeller blade.

Unlike other aircraft of it's style, the Wyvern was always intended to be able to mount weaponry in addition to it's reconnaissance roles, and as such all models are able to attach wing pylons to hold bombs and ground attack missiles, allowing it to be able to support troops on the ground or perform more "assassination" style missions, as the Wyvern can loiter above a target for a considerable period of time, just out of side at high altitudes where it is unable to be seen by the human eye, but where the Wyvern can map out an simultaneously view an entire city.

Last edited by Pharthan on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

"Humanity is a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"Besides, if God didn't want us making glowing fish and insect-resistant corn, the building blocks of life wouldn't be so easy for science to fiddle with." - Dracoria

Why haven't I had anything new in my storefront for so long? This is why. I've been busy.

Pharthan
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pharthan » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:32 pm

[RESERVED]
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

"Humanity is a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"Besides, if God didn't want us making glowing fish and insect-resistant corn, the building blocks of life wouldn't be so easy for science to fiddle with." - Dracoria

Why haven't I had anything new in my storefront for so long? This is why. I've been busy.

Return to Global Economics and Trade