NATION

PASSWORD

Regional Transit Corporation(Now OPEN)

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Delmonte
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:37 am

The Chancellery of Foreign Nations
Of the Most Serene Republic and Grand City of Delmonte

"In Bellum Pax; Per Pax Prosperitatem."

From the Desk of Ludovico Di Canossa, Chancellor of Foreign Nations,

Addressed to Biru Abate, EVP of International Expansion; Dear Sir,

I would like to approach you with an offer. The Most Serene Republic often finds that progress can be made faster through… unofficial channels than through normal means. I know the influence of your company and of yourself in your nation: It is considerable. My proposal is the following:

Intercede on our behalf with your nation’s government to help us establish an enclave off the coast of your prosperous nation. The Republic has a long established enclave/entrepot system described in detail in the attached documents: (https://www.nationstates.net/nation=del ... /id=832415)

If you can convince your government as to the reason of our proposal, your company will be granted a contract to build public transportation in every single one of our enclaves. We currently have eighteen. With the addition of yours, it would be nineteen. Think about it…

Warm Regards,
Ludovico Di Canossa
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
[15:35] <Tag> I can only presume it is treasure.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
<Delmonte> Metaphorically kill their metaphorical family.
Code: Select all
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

The man from Delmonte says yes.

Reino do Brazil
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 31, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Reino do Brazil » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:21 pm

Application for RTC built & operated Public Transit System
Nation Name: The United Kingdom of Reino do Brazil
Name of Area applying: Greater Alcoa
Name & Title of Project Point person(person who represents local governments in discussions with the RTC: Antonio Miranda, Alcoa City Hall
Type of Area applying(city or metropolitan area): Metropolitan area
Population of area applying: 7,5 million
Systems wanted: subway system, electric bus system

What is the corporate tax rate?(all relevant rates that the RTC would be taxed under): 7%
Are there any tax incentives for RTC?: Yes 7% includes incentive
Is healthcare public or private in your nation?(we do offer healthcare benefits to fulltime employees if it is a private system): Public
Do local laws permit required union membership of employees?: yes
If applying for bus system, can area allow bus only lanes during peak hours?: yes
Is there a services tax that must be collected by the RTC? If yes, what is the rate?: 15% VAT
Is the RTC allowed to operate a transportation shuttle between Downtown area of urban center and their airport?: please
Is there any other relevant information that the RTC should know?: not at the moment

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:16 am

Reino do Brazil wrote:Application for RTC built & operated Public Transit System
Nation Name: The United Kingdom of Reino do Brazil
Name of Area applying: Greater Alcoa
Name & Title of Project Point person(person who represents local governments in discussions with the RTC: Antonio Miranda, Alcoa City Hall
Population of area applying: 7,5 million
Systems wanted: subway system, electric bus system

What is the corporate tax rate?(all relevant rates that the RTC would be taxed under): 7%
Are there any tax incentives for RTC?: Yes 7% includes incentive
Is healthcare public or private in your nation?(we do offer healthcare benefits to fulltime employees if it is a private system): Public
If applying for bus system, can area allow bus only lanes during peak hours?: yes
Is there a services tax that must be collected by the RTC? If yes, what is the rate?: 15% VAT
Is the RTC allowed to operate a transportation shuttle between Downtown area of urban center and their airport?: please
Is there any other relevant information that the RTC should know?: not at the moment

Dear Antonio Miranda

The Reigonal Transit Corporation accepts the application of Greater Alcoa for us to build and operate public transporation in your country. WE look forward to establishing a working school district bussing system in your city.

This seems as if there is a strong possibility of long-term success in Greater Alcoa between the Regional Transit Corporation, and the authorities in Greater Alcoa. It is a large, populous region, and the building of a subway and electronic bus system, while expensive, is strong. Due to the large upfront cost, we will offer a larger contract than usual. We hope for a 15 year contract with Greater Alcoa. We will have $50 million payments to our company for the first two years, to help subsidize the cost of building a brand new subway, then $6 million a year annually paid to us for the next 13 years. That timeframe will allow us to recoup our intial investment in the subway, and ensure profitability.

We look forward to working with your country.

From,

Biru Abate
Executive Vice President of International Expansion
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:48 pm

Hello, we at Bob's Bus Builders will be willing to provide you with a 10% after your first 50 buses, and a 15% discount from after 100th bus, if you purchase your buses with Bob's Bus Builders. All we ask you purchase buses from us. All you need to do is fill out an application in our thread (per purchase)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=354797
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:19 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Hello, we at Bob's Bus Builders will be willing to provide you with a 10% after your first 50 buses, and a 15% discount from after 100th bus, if you purchase your buses with Bob's Bus Builders. All we ask you purchase buses from us. All you need to do is fill out an application in our thread (per purchase)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=354797

We thank you for your consideration, but per our collective bargaining agreement, we produce all of our busses and like items in-house, in Banija.

Biru Abate
Executive Vice President of International Expansion
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:47 pm

Nation Name: Darmen
Name of Area applying: Municipality of New Istria
Name & Title of Project Point person(person who represents local governments in discussions with the RTC: Wamalwa Botha, Mayor of New Istria & Idowu Opeyemi, Transportation Commissioner of New Istria
Type of Area applying(city or metropolitan area): City
Population of area applying: 36,916
Systems wanted: Bus

What is the corporate tax rate?(all relevant rates that the RTC would be taxed under): Varies depending on amount of income earned and number of years which corporation has been in existence. The lowest rate is for corporations in their first year of existence, with the first $199,999 being taxed at a rate of 21.875%, or $43,749.78 in taxes. The highest rate is for corporations who have been in existence for six years or more, with all income earned above $1.5 million being taxed at a rate of 30%. A more detailed breakdown of the corporate tax rates may be made available upon request.
Are there any tax incentives for RTC?: The Municipality of New Istria will not levy from the Regional Transit Corporation any of the applicable municipal taxes.
Is healthcare public or private in your nation?(we do offer healthcare benefits to fulltime employees if it is a private system): Healthcare is public and universal, however private healthcare alternatives are available as well.
Do local laws permit required union membership of employees?: Yes
If applying for bus system, can area allow bus only lanes during peak hours?: Yes, however it is the opinion of the New Istrian Municipal Council that such lanes are unnecessary, at least at present, due to the lack of congestion in New Istria.
Is there a services tax that must be collected by the RTC? If yes, what is the rate?: No, there are no taxes levied on the usage of public transportation.
Is the RTC allowed to operate a transportation shuttle between Downtown area of urban center and their airport?: New Istria does not currently have an airport. Should one be established in the future however, the establishment of a shuttle service between downtown and the airport would be a top priority.
Is there any other relevant information that the RTC should know?: All labor unions in Darmen are required to be affiliated with the Darmen Labour Alliance, but they are not prohibited from having other affiliations so long as such affiliations do not come into conflict with the Darmen Labour Alliance. The minimum wage in Darmen is $9.68 per hour, while the retirement age is currently 66 years and 4 months, to be raised to 67 years by 1/1/2050. RTC as an employer, would be responsible for paying half of each employee's Universal Social Contribution, which is currently 1.4% of all wages/salary.
Application for RTC school district bussing
Nation Name: Darmen
Name of School District applying: New Istria Public Schools & Puritan Mormon School of New Istria
Name of School District Superintendent(or equivalent): Tamandani Kayode, Councilor for Education of New Istria & Lanre Babatunde, Principal of the Puritan Mormon School of New Istria
Student population: 7,309
Number of Schools in District: 3 public schools, 1 private school

Do all school rules that apply in schools apply on busses?: Yes
Is there any other relevant information that the RTC should know?: While the Puritan Mormon School of New Istria is not under the direct supervision of the Municipal Council, it nonetheless maintains a close working relationship with the Council and is therefore included in this joint application.

New Istria Municipal Council
No. 12 Main Street
New Istria, Darmen

To whom it may concern,

It is with great pleasure that I and my colleagues present to you our request for the Regional Transit Corporation (RTC) to establish a public transportation system for the municipality of New Istria, Darmen.

I should point out from the very beginning that we are all too well aware that New Istria, with a population of just 36,916, falls woefully short of the RTC's requirement of 1,000,000 in population for the establishment of a public busing system. However, it is the belief of myself and my colleagues in the municipal administration that should the RTC decide to take up operation of our public transportation system, it would be met by an overwhelmingly positive response from the municipality's inhabitants.

If you are not already aware, almost the entirety of New Istria's inhabitants are Banijan refugees who have sought refuge in Darmen following the unfortunate events of the war with Equestria. An RTC operated public transportation system would serve as an important link between the inhabitant's new and old home and would be a tremendous source of pride in the municipality. A preliminary study conducted by our Transportation Commissioner, Mr. Idowu Opeyemi, has concluded that some 83% of the municipality's residents would ride an RTC operated bus service on a daily basis and at least 12% would do so simply out of loyalty to the RTC even if they did not necessarily need to move about the municipality.

In our campaign for election to the municipal council, one of our party's primary campaign slogans was "Banijan Transporation for Banijans!" which expressed our desire to see your great enterprise, the RTC, establish and operate a public bus service for our newly founded community. We hope you'll join us in seeing that desire come to pass and we look forward to cooperating with you to make it happen.

Sincerely,
Wamalwa Botha, Mayor of New Istria
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:05 pm

To: Wamalwa Botha, Mayor of New Istria

Mayor Botha,

First of all, I would like to congratulate you on your recent election as Mayor. As a proudly Banijan company, it is encouraging to see that even abroad, our communities have good enough unity with one another to allow for self-governance on a local, political level. To see this community thrive is something that makes the Regional Transit Corporation happy.

As for your request for the bussing system. As you are well aware, the New Istria population falls drastically short of our general population requirements. However, having received your studies on the potential for strength of ridership in the city limits, we believe that such an endeavor would be, indeed, a profitable undertaking. This is a community that we believe has much potential, and if we can help improve life within New Istria for many fellow Banijans, then it is indeed our civic duty to do our part.

Per our collective bargaining agreement, we will hire local workers as much as possible to operate the public transportation system. While, of course, also per our CBA, all busses will be built in Banija, and overseers, such as engineers and high level managers, will come from Banija, bus drivers and other unskilled labor will naturally come from the city. We look forward to this partnership between New Istria and the Regional Transit Corporation.

From,

Maria Kambi
Executive Vice President for International Expansion

To: Councilor Kayode & Principal Babatunde

Councilor Kayode and Principal Babatunde,

I would like to, first, commend your partnership and your ability to work together for the good of students in New Istria. Far too often, we see private and public school systems butting heads, even though they share the same goal and purpose- prepare our children for the future of tomorrow. This type of partnership is both strong and unprecedented, and we hope that it is something that could continue.

We will, absolutely, accept the joint application of New Istria Public Schools, and the Puritan Mormon School of New Istria, to establish bussing. Similar to our agreement with the city, we are committing to ensuring that locals are hired as bus drivers for the duration of this contract. We will strive to provide timely, efficient, and excellent transportation for schools. School districts will not have to worry about getting kids to schools, or to their after-school sports games, or competitions- the RTC will be able to do so for the established annual fee.

From,

Maria Kambi

To: New Istria Public Schools, the Darmen Labor Alliance, Puritan Mormon School of New Istria, The City of New Istria, and other interested parties

Hello,

This is to certify that a local chapter of the Transportation Workers Union, called the 'Darmen RTC United Labor Force', has been established in New Istria. This union's affiliation shall be with the Transportation Workers Union, the multiversal wide labor union for all employees of the RTC, no matter the country. The TWU is headquartered in Istria, Moravica, Banija. As required by Darmen law, the Darmen RTC United Labor Force has also registered for affiliation with the Darmen Labor Alliance.

As per our collective bargaining agreement with the Regional Transit Corporation, any employee, upon hire, will automatically become a dues-paying member of our union, with dues deducted from their paycheck. The local union, of course, will follow all relevant laws regarding membership and political activism, and will only cooperate with the TWU in non-collective bargaining agreements as local laws permit. We look forward to cooperating with the working class in Darmen.

From,

Momodou Jobe
Vice President for the Transportation Workers Union
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince

Independence Hill
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Question

Postby Independence Hill » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:44 pm

Will I have to make a seperate application for every State in my union?
NS stats are canon. We are not a copy of the United States of America, just a nation with American elements. The large star in the middle of our flag is to symbolize the executive nation as a uniting force while the crown above is to symbolize that this executive nation also has central banking powers. We are still a democratic republic, with a president, two houses of congress, and a judicial branch.

Free Republic of Hong Kong
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republic of Hong Kong » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:16 am

Application for RTC to operate already existing Public Transit System
Nation Name: Free Rrpublic of Hong Kong
Name of Area applying: Hsieh
Name & Title of Project Point personXiao Wau-Yen
Population of area applying: 4.7 milion
What public transit systems are in place for the RTC to take over?(busses, subway system, etc...)?: Subway

What is the corporate tax rate?(all relevant rates that the RTC would be taxed under): 4,3%
Are there any tax incentives for RTC?: Yes
Is healthcare public or private in your nation?(we do offer healthcare benefits to fulltime employees if it is a private system):We adopt Medicare for All system
If applying for bus system, can area allow bus only lanes during peak hours?: Yes
Is there a services tax that must be collected by the RTC? If yes, what is the rate?: No
Is the RTC allowed to operate a transportation shuttle between Downtown area of urban center and their airport?: No
Is there any other relevant information that the RTC should know?:
HKTV News = An terrorist affliated with Tupeia bombs National Tower killing 154 people and 677 injured NTV News = Communist Alliance leader Kwok Wan sentenced to exile due to treason, SBC News = First free and fair elections held in Sichuan, estimates Zhao Waofang from SDP will win

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:28 am

Independence Hill wrote:Will I have to make a seperate application for every State in my union?

If they have the same contact person, and are asking for the same services, you can use the same person. You'll just have to list each individual state and their populations.

Free Republic of Hong Kong wrote:Application for RTC to operate already existing Public Transit System
Nation Name: Free Rrpublic of Hong Kong
Name of Area applying: Hsieh
Name & Title of Project Point personXiao Wau-Yen
Population of area applying: 4.7 milion
What public transit systems are in place for the RTC to take over?(busses, subway system, etc...)?: Subway

What is the corporate tax rate?(all relevant rates that the RTC would be taxed under): 4,3%
Are there any tax incentives for RTC?: Yes
Is healthcare public or private in your nation?(we do offer healthcare benefits to fulltime employees if it is a private system):We adopt Medicare for All system
If applying for bus system, can area allow bus only lanes during peak hours?: Yes
Is there a services tax that must be collected by the RTC? If yes, what is the rate?: No
Is the RTC allowed to operate a transportation shuttle between Downtown area of urban center and their airport?: No

To: Xiao Wau-Yen

The RTC would like to thank you for your application to have our company operate the subway system in Hsieh. Subways, when done right, are extremely efficient routes of public transportation for the largest cities. Since they, obviously, operate underground, you don't need to make as much space for them above ground. They're largely out of the way, and when they are well-connected and integrated within the city, you can greatly reduce traffic congestion above ground on the roads.

They can be tough, for obvious reasons- it is a system that is underground. When it slows down, the entire system can slow down. That is why it is crucial that those with expertise operate these systems. The Regional Transit Corporation has the expertise to operate all sorts of public transit system, and we will be happy to take over the subway system in your city. We look forward to working with you and your city, and getting to work immediately.

From,

Maria Kambi
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince

Zarnicovia nova
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 03, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarnicovia nova » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:54 pm

Nation Name: zarniocvia nova
Name of Area applying: zarnicoa
Name & Title of Project Point person(person who represents local governments in discussions with the RTC: mike corer
Type of Area applying(city or metropolitan area): government region
Population of area applying: 21 mil
What public transit systems are in place for the RTC to take over?(busses, subway system, etc...)?: bus and train

What is the corporate tax rate?(all relevant rates that the RTC would be taxed under): economic policy should apply for most things here: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=zar ... id=1435130
Are there any tax incentives for RTC?: yes
Is healthcare public or private in your nation?(we do offer healthcare benefits to fulltime employees if it is a private system): public our nation is socialist
Do local laws permit required union membership of employees?: no but encorage
If applying for bus system, can area allow bus only lanes during peak hours?: depending on government admin regoin but most yes
Is there a services tax that must be collected by the RTC? If yes, what is the rate?: yes .1% rate
Is the RTC allowed to operate a transportation shuttle between Downtown area of urban center and their airport?: yes link to airport: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=491681
Is there any other relevant information that the RTC should know?: we want improvements on the roads leading out of the area and we want a subway to be added
Last edited by Zarnicovia nova on Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Abrahamic Republic of Zarnicovia Nova

Free Palestine!

West Bromwich Holme
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby West Bromwich Holme » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:06 am

To: Regional Transit Corporation

Dear Regional Transit Corporation,
we would like to negotiate with you for the contract to provide services within the Lagomuschio area. This is providing a shuttle service due to the geographic nature of the region; hilly with some small narrow roads where a large bus could not fit, even though it is a large-size town, it's on the rural-urban fringe. It is a suburb of our city which has a population of 6million people - we are a large country.

Nation Name: West Bromwich Holme (actually this is for the nation of Terrariosa)
Name of Area applying: Lagomuschio, City of Maraiogna, Terrariosa
Name & Title of Project Point person(person who represents local governments in discussions with the RTC: Gineto Landini
Type of Area applying(city or metropolitan area): Metropolitan borough
Population of area applying: 83,662
What public transit systems are in place for the RTC to take over?(busses, subway system, etc...)?:

What is the corporate tax rate?(all relevant rates that the RTC would be taxed under): To be determined as the current one is out-daye
Are there any tax incentives for RTC?: Yes, but for the Lagomuschio area, and these are by negotiation.
Is healthcare public or private in your nation?(we do offer healthcare benefits to fulltime employees if it is a private system): It is a public system where public healthcare is largely free of charge.
Do local laws permit required union membership of employees?: No, it is not compulsory
If applying for bus system, can area allow bus only lanes during peak hours?: Bus lanes run 7am-11am, 4pm-7pm
Is there a services tax that must be collected by the RTC? If yes, what is the rate?: 15% from 1993-2020, but being chsanged currently
Is there any other relevant information that the RTC should know?: We are intent on offering a fleet of 2020 CMC VA6 Zhanshide 2.2 TDCi 140PS minibuses, [image here](https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d8/Ford_Transit_in_Voronezh.jpg/1280px-Ford_Transit_in_Voronezh.jpg) which seat 17 people. These are a reverse-engineered clone of the European Ford Transit.

A fleet of 40 will be available, only offered in Onyx Black with your firm's logo on them, should you require it.

Our city looks forward to doing business with you; first stage of negotiations.
Last edited by West Bromwich Holme on Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Formerly Astholm. I am no longer using the account Astholm.

The Grearish Union
Envoy

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Grearish Union » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:45 am

Project Title: The Golden Lattice
The Grearish Government is looking to revamp the existing, but outdated public transport systems in the country. It is looking to establish the Grearish Corporation for Mass Land Transit (GCMLT) in collaboration with the RTC for state-of-the art public transport facilities via rail (in conjuction with Grearish Railways) and road. The government wishes to have 51% ownership of the corporation, which will administer all public transport on land in the nation. It is to be noted that the said corporation will come under the direct supervision of the Ministry of Transport and Conveyance, Government of Grearia, which overlooks all transport in land, sea, air, etc.

Nation Name: Grearia / The Grearish Union
Name of Area applying: Countrywide
Name & Title of Project Point person (person who represents local governments in discussions with the RTC):
Contact: Dwayne Delacambre, Minister of Transport, Government of Grearia
Type of Area applying(city or metropolitan area): All types (urban, suburban, rural) , including rail networks that connect major cities via stretches of rural and semi-urban areas as well.
Population of area applying: 88,636,071 (National Population according to the latest census)
Systems wanted:
1. Buses (urban, suburban, and intercity)
2. Subways (urban and suburban)
3. Light Rail (suburban mostly)
4. Trams (urban)
5. Railways (as a partner of the Grearish Railways in maintenance, upkeep and modernisation in urban, suburban and intercity spheres)

What is the corporate tax rate?(all relevant rates that the RTC would be taxed under): 30% corporate tax
Are there any tax incentives for RTC?: There is a 50% slashing of the corporate tax for being a quasi-federal entity.
Is healthcare public or private in your nation?(we do offer healthcare benefits to fulltime employees if it is a private system): Public, but is open to private players.
Do local laws permit required union membership of employees?: Yes, with need to be affiliated to the Grearish Labour Union.
Is there a services tax that must be collected by the RTC? If yes, what is the rate?: A 15% services tax must be collected by the GCMLT
Is the RTC allowed to operate a transportation shuttle between Downtown area of urban center and their airport?: Yes, including other areas the corporation sees fit.
Is there any other relevant information that the RTC should know?: None as such, any other information needed will be provided readily upon communication.
IC Name: Grearia, The Grearish Union
Area: 655,436 km2 | Population: 88,636,071 | Pop. Density: 135.23 per km2
Champion: GCF World Test Challenge 12 | Host: GCF T20WC 12, R7WC 6, NSTT Salvador Hills Open
A proud member of Esportiva!
This user was behind the erstwhile Gloriax.

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:53 am

Zarnicovia nova wrote:Application for RTC to operate already existing Public Transit System
Name & Title of Project Point person(person who represents local governments in discussions with the RTC: mike corer
What public transit systems are in place for the RTC to take over?(busses, subway system, etc...)?: bus and train

What is the corporate tax rate?(all relevant rates that the RTC would be taxed under): economic policy should apply for most things here: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=zar ... id=1435130
Is healthcare public or private in your nation?(we do offer healthcare benefits to fulltime employees if it is a private system): public our nation is socialist
If applying for bus system, can area allow bus only lanes during peak hours?: depending on government admin regoin but most yes
Is there a services tax that must be collected by the RTC? If yes, what is the rate?: yes .1% rate
Is the RTC allowed to operate a transportation shuttle between Downtown area of urban center and their airport?: yes link to airport: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=491681
Is there any other relevant information that the RTC should know?: we want improvements on the roads leading out of the area and we want a subway to be added

Dear Mike Corer,

The Regional Transit Corporation has, indeed, received Zarnicoa's application for our company to operate public transportation in your region. After doing some deep research into your country's economic policies, we are a company that, we believe, can thrive in Zarnicoa. A region of 21 million is indeed a big region- but the RTC does not shy away from challenges. Instead, the large population makes our company's proposition more important than ever.

With the signing of our contract, your payments to the Regional Transit Corporation will be put to good use. You will not have to worry about the stress of running an effective public transportation system. Meanwhile, you will have one that is effective for everybody- very accessible for the disabled, the elderly, and people throughout all walks of life. Furthermore, allowing us to operate shuttle services from the Airport to the Downtown is something that is often overlooked, and yet, will make it much easier for Zarnicoa to become both a business and tourism hub.

We look forward to working with you in the future.

From,

Maria Kambi

West Bromwich Holme wrote:

we would like to negotiate with you for the contract to provide services within the Lagomuschio area. This is providing a shuttle service due to the geographic nature of the region; hilly with some small narrow roads where a large bus could not fit, even though it is a large-size town, it's on the rural-urban fringe. It is a suburb of our city which has a population of 6million people - we are a large country.

Nation Name: West Bromwich Holme (actually this is for the nation of Terrariosa)
Name & Title of Project Point person(person who represents local governments in discussions with the RTC: Gineto Landini
What public transit systems are in place for the RTC to take over?(busses, subway system, etc...)?:

What is the corporate tax rate?(all relevant rates that the RTC would be taxed under): To be determined as the current one is out-daye
Are there any tax incentives for RTC?: Yes, but for the Lagomuschio area, and these are by negotiation.
Is healthcare public or private in your nation?(we do offer healthcare benefits to fulltime employees if it is a private system): It is a public system where public healthcare is largely free of charge.
Do local laws permit required union membership of employees?: No, it is not compulsory
If applying for bus system, can area allow bus only lanes during peak hours?: Bus lanes run 7am-11am, 4pm-7pm
Is there a services tax that must be collected by the RTC? If yes, what is the rate?: 15% from 1993-2020, but being chsanged currently
Is there any other relevant information that the RTC should know?: We are intent on offering a fleet of 2020 CMC VA6 Zhanshide 2.2 TDCi 140PS minibuses, [image here](https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d8/Ford_Transit_in_Voronezh.jpg/1280px-Ford_Transit_in_Voronezh.jpg) which seat 17 people. These are a reverse-engineered clone of the European Ford Transit.

A fleet of 40 will be available, only offered in Onyx Black with your firm's logo on them, should you require it.

Dear Ginetto Landeni,

We thank you for writing to us in regards to serve this specific borough. It is good governance when public officials look for an outside the box solution to solve a common problem- how to get people from Point A to Point B? This is our expertise, this is our livelihood, this is our specialty. There is no entity, government or otherwise, in the multiverse who is as good at designing and running a sustainable public transportation system as we are.

Lagomuschio, of course, has a small population- but we think this is something that can be sustainable. We will operate the minibusses as provided to us. DUe to the low population, of course, this will require a significant subsidy from the local government. For us to be able to maintain pricing at a level where ridership would be strong and consistent, and not price people out of public transportation, we would require a $3.5 million NSD annual subsidy. If your borough can agree to this, then we would be happy to do business in Lagomuschio.

Maria Kambi

The Grearish Union wrote:Application for RTC built & operated Public Transit System
The Grearish Government is looking to revamp the existing, but outdated public transport systems in the country. It is looking to establish the Grearish Corporation for Mass Land Transit (GCMLT) in collaboration with the RTC for state-of-the art public transport facilities via rail (in conjuction with Grearish Railways) and road. The government wishes to have 51% ownership of the corporation, which will administer all public transport on land in the nation. It is to be noted that the said corporation will come under the direct supervision of the Ministry of Transport and Conveyance, Government of Grearia, which overlooks all transport in land, sea, air, etc.

Name & Title of Project Point person (person who represents local governments in discussions with the RTC):
Type of Area applying(city or metropolitan area): All types (urban, suburban, rural) , including rail networks that connect major cities via stretches of rural and semi-urban areas as well.
Population of area applying: 88,636,071 (National Population according to the latest census)
Systems wanted:
4. Trams (urban)
5. Railways (as a partner of the Grearish Railways in maintenance, upkeep and modernisation in urban, suburban and intercity spheres)

What is the corporate tax rate?(all relevant rates that the RTC would be taxed under): 30% corporate tax
Are there any tax incentives for RTC?: There is a 50% slashing of the corporate tax for being a quasi-federal entity.
Is healthcare public or private in your nation?(we do offer healthcare benefits to fulltime employees if it is a private system): Public, but is open to private players.
Do local laws permit required union membership of employees?: Yes, with need to be affiliated to the Grearish Labour Union.
Is there a services tax that must be collected by the RTC? If yes, what is the rate?: A 15% services tax must be collected by the GCMLT
Is the RTC allowed to operate a transportation shuttle between Downtown area of urban center and their airport?: Yes, including other areas the corporation sees fit.
Is there any other relevant information that the RTC should know?: None as such, any other information needed will be provided readily upon communication.

Minister Delacambre,

We thank you to writing to the Regional Transit Corporation about this proposal. It is not a traditional one, indeed, it is a bold one. That is something that we like and respect. You and your government offer an ambitious vision for the future of public transportation in your country, and the Regional Transit Corporation, we believe, would be a perfect partner for this.

Considering this would involve the addition of an entire company that would be jointly operated by the RTC and the Grearish Union Government, and that this would probably be the RTC's biggest move in quite some time, I have decided to write to you myself directly, to show the seriousness of which we take this proposal.

Here will be our counter-proposal. We accept the division in shares- 51% ownership to the Grearish government, since this will still be a public resource, and 49% to the Regional Transit Corporation. The board of directors of this company will have 6 members appointed by your government, and four by our corporation. Per our current collective bargaining agreement, one additional appointed member will come from Transportation Workers Union affiliate that will be established in the Grearish Union. Per our union contracts, RTC busses and light rail are built, at RTC factories in Banija, by union workers. So as we start to rapidly build a system, we will work to keep to our Collective Bargaining Agreement, and ask that all new busses, or light rail, or any actual transportation vehicles are built in Banija at our factories.

This is an investment that will require a significant amount of cash up front. Generally, when the RTC strives to build a brand new transportation system, we require a major investment of funds into the project by the government. Of course, the Government has shown its commitment here. But this is a project that is likely an 11 figure NSD project, especially when we talk about building subway systems. This will provide both short and long term value, of course- it is an investment that we feel, absolutely, is worth it. But it is an investment that needs to be made. We are fortunate as a company to have a strong line of credit, and strong cash reserves. As a show of faith, we will invest $3 billion NSD into the company immediately. We will ask the Grearish government to invest $12 billion at the same time. And then, future cost and investments will be split equally according to ownership shares- 51 to 49, and revenues split the same way. We ask for a larger initial investment from the Government, as of course it would be in lieu of a cash payment directly to the RTC, which usually happens when we build new transportation systmes.

RTC Representatives and Grearish Union representatives, at the new company, will of course do the planning for what will be built and where, in close cooperation with your Ministry of Transportation. We looked forward to your response here at the RTC, and look forward to beginning work with your ministry as soon as possible.

Biru Abate
President & CEO of the Regional Transit Corporation
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince

Zarnicovia nova
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 03, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarnicovia nova » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:00 pm

Banija wrote:
Zarnicovia nova wrote:Application for RTC to operate already existing Public Transit System

Dear Mike Corer,

The Regional Transit Corporation has, indeed, received Zarnicoa's application for our company to operate public transportation in your region. After doing some deep research into your country's economic policies, we are a company that, we believe, can thrive in Zarnicoa. A region of 21 million is indeed a big region- but the RTC does not shy away from challenges. Instead, the large population makes our company's proposition more important than ever.

With the signing of our contract, your payments to the Regional Transit Corporation will be put to good use. You will not have to worry about the stress of running an effective public transportation system. Meanwhile, you will have one that is effective for everybody- very accessible for the disabled, the elderly, and people throughout all walks of life. Furthermore, allowing us to operate shuttle services from the Airport to the Downtown is something that is often overlooked, and yet, will make it much easier for Zarnicoa to become both a business and tourism hub.

From,

Maria Kambi

West Bromwich Holme wrote:

Dear Ginetto Landeni,

We thank you for writing to us in regards to serve this specific borough. It is good governance when public officials look for an outside the box solution to solve a common problem- how to get people from Point A to Point B? This is our expertise, this is our livelihood, this is our specialty. There is no entity, government or otherwise, in the multiverse who is as good at designing and running a sustainable public transportation system as we are.

Lagomuschio, of course, has a small population- but we think this is something that can be sustainable. We will operate the minibusses as provided to us. DUe to the low population, of course, this will require a significant subsidy from the local government. For us to be able to maintain pricing at a level where ridership would be strong and consistent, and not price people out of public transportation, we would require a $3.5 million NSD annual subsidy. If your borough can agree to this, then we would be happy to do business in Lagomuschio.

Maria Kambi

The Grearish Union wrote:Application for RTC built & operated Public Transit System

Systems wanted:
4. Trams (urban)

Minister Delacambre,

We thank you to writing to the Regional Transit Corporation about this proposal. It is not a traditional one, indeed, it is a bold one. That is something that we like and respect. You and your government offer an ambitious vision for the future of public transportation in your country, and the Regional Transit Corporation, we believe, would be a perfect partner for this.

Considering this would involve the addition of an entire company that would be jointly operated by the RTC and the Grearish Union Government, and that this would probably be the RTC's biggest move in quite some time, I have decided to write to you myself directly, to show the seriousness of which we take this proposal.

Here will be our counter-proposal. We accept the division in shares- 51% ownership to the Grearish government, since this will still be a public resource, and 49% to the Regional Transit Corporation. The board of directors of this company will have 6 members appointed by your government, and four by our corporation. Per our current collective bargaining agreement, one additional appointed member will come from Transportation Workers Union affiliate that will be established in the Grearish Union. Per our union contracts, RTC busses and light rail are built, at RTC factories in Banija, by union workers. So as we start to rapidly build a system, we will work to keep to our Collective Bargaining Agreement, and ask that all new busses, or light rail, or any actual transportation vehicles are built in Banija at our factories.

This is an investment that will require a significant amount of cash up front. Generally, when the RTC strives to build a brand new transportation system, we require a major investment of funds into the project by the government. Of course, the Government has shown its commitment here. But this is a project that is likely an 11 figure NSD project, especially when we talk about building subway systems. This will provide both short and long term value, of course- it is an investment that we feel, absolutely, is worth it. But it is an investment that needs to be made. We are fortunate as a company to have a strong line of credit, and strong cash reserves. As a show of faith, we will invest $3 billion NSD into the company immediately. We will ask the Grearish government to invest $12 billion at the same time. And then, future cost and investments will be split equally according to ownership shares- 51 to 49, and revenues split the same way. We ask for a larger initial investment from the Government, as of course it would be in lieu of a cash payment directly to the RTC, which usually happens when we build new transportation systmes.

RTC Representatives and Grearish Union representatives, at the new company, will of course do the planning for what will be built and where, in close cooperation with your Ministry of Transportation. We looked forward to your response here at the RTC, and look forward to beginning work with your ministry as soon as possible.

Biru Abate
President & CEO of the Regional Transit Corporation

(OOC: actually the population has chang3ed from when i gave the forum to 37.8 million BTW)
The Abrahamic Republic of Zarnicovia Nova

Free Palestine!

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2021
Left-Leaning College State

Postby StrayaRoos » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:13 pm

Nation Name:StrayaRoos
Name of Area applying:Pale
Name & Title of Project Point person(person who represents local governments in discussions with the RTC:Luca Luvian
Type of Area applying(city or metropolitan area):City
Population of area applying:2.23 Million
Systems wanted:Subway

What is the corporate tax rate?(all relevant rates that the RTC would be taxed under):15%
Are there any tax incentives for RTC?:No
Is healthcare public or private in your nation?(we do offer healthcare benefits to fulltime employees if it is a private system):Mix of Both
Do local laws permit required union membership of employees?:Yes
If applying for bus system, can area allow bus only lanes during peak hours?: N.A
Is there a services tax that must be collected by the RTC? If yes, what is the rate?:Yes,5%
Is the RTC allowed to operate a transportation shuttle between Downtown area of urban center and their airport?:Yes
Is there any other relevant information that the RTC should know?:There is an Large Harbor that requires an tunnel and Several points where multiple stops need to be placed
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
Fly Air STR, the Spirit of StrayaRoos
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:00 am

StrayaRoos wrote:Application for RTC built & operated Public Transit System
Nation Name:StrayaRoos
Name of Area applying:Pale
Name & Title of Project Point person(person who represents local governments in discussions with the RTC:Luca Luvian
Type of Area applying(city or metropolitan area):City
Population of area applying:2.23 Million
Systems wanted:Subway

What is the corporate tax rate?(all relevant rates that the RTC would be taxed under):15%
Are there any tax incentives for RTC?:No
Is healthcare public or private in your nation?(we do offer healthcare benefits to fulltime employees if it is a private system):Mix of Both
Do local laws permit required union membership of employees?:Yes
If applying for bus system, can area allow bus only lanes during peak hours?: N.A
Is there a services tax that must be collected by the RTC? If yes, what is the rate?:Yes,5%
Is the RTC allowed to operate a transportation shuttle between Downtown area of urban center and their airport?:Yes
Is there any other relevant information that the RTC should know?:There is an Large Harbor that requires an tunnel and Several points where multiple stops need to be placed

Dear Luca Luvian,

The Regional Transit Corporation has, indeed, received Pale's application for our company to operate public transportation in your region. After doing some deep research into your country's economic policies, we are a company that, we believe, can thrive in StrayaRoos. An extensive subway system is a major investment to build, probably the most expensive of public transportation options- but once it exists, it is the most space efficient way to build public transportation. It leads to the best use of city streets, for whatever the people want to use them for- walking, biking, cars, etc... while having an efficient and extensive system underground.

With the signing of our contract, your payments to the Regional Transit Corporation will be put to good use. We will, of course, require an up front investment from the City of 2/3s of the costs for building the public transportation system- it will show the City's commitment to a public transportation system that will last in your country forever.

From,

Maria Kambi
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince

Pulsroth
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 07, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Pulsroth » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:20 pm

Nation Name: Pulsroth
Name of Area applying: Mortimer Bay Metropolis
Name & Title of Project Point person(person who represents local governments in discussions with the RTC: Marci Lopamaua
Population of area applying: 6.71 million
What public transit systems are in place for the RTC to take over?(busses, subway system, etc...)?: Subway & Tram

What is the corporate tax rate?(all relevant rates that the RTC would be taxed under): 8%
Are there any tax incentives for RTC?: 4% tax rate for the first two fiscal years following the takeover.
Is healthcare public or private in your nation?(we do offer healthcare benefits to fulltime employees if it is a private system): Private
If applying for bus system, can area allow bus only lanes during peak hours?: N/A
Is the RTC allowed to operate a transportation shuttle between Downtown area of urban center and their airport?: Yes
The greatest Asian meritocracy of the 2040's, run by NS's resident vaguely aristocratic English rose.

Visit my futuristic and Lovecraftian themed nations as well, why don't you? Wip3d Out, Esterhill

I'm newly married, so I'm well and truly blessed right now. And whoever else ends up reading this, may you live a blessed life too!

Kharakia
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 06, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Kharakia » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:14 am

Application for RTC University Campus Bussing
Nation Name: Kharakia
Name of University: Yutak State University
Name of University President(or equivalent): Katlin Alskenhin
Location of University: The state of Yutak in southwestern Kharakia, near the city of Yutak
Student population: 20,000
Will non-affiliated persons be allowed to ride campus busses?: Only if they live on campus

What is the corporate tax rate?(all relevant rates that the RTC would be taxed under): 35.0%
Are there any tax incentives for RTC?: If an average of 200,000 people per day is reached, the tax rate is reduced to 30.0%
Is there any other relevant information the RTC should know?: No
Population of 39.3 million.
Capital: Kharakia City
Has baseball and football national teams.
Home to a football league (combined with West Kharakia).
CAFA VI RO16

Reino do Brazil
Negotiator

Postby Reino do Brazil » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:47 am

Nation Name: Reino do Brazil
Name of Area applying: Greater New Frontier
Name & Title of Project Point person(person who represents local governments in discussions with the RTC:[/]Pedro Prista
[b]Type of Area applying(city or metropolitan area):
Both
Population of area applying: 15m
What public transit systems are in place for the RTC to take over?(busses, subway system, etc...)?:all

What is the corporate tax rate?(all relevant rates that the RTC would be taxed under): 15% vat
Are there any tax incentives for RTC?: no
Is healthcare public or private in your nation?(we do offer healthcare benefits to fulltime employees if it is a private system): both
Is there a services tax that must be collected by the RTC? If yes, what is the rate?: no
Is the RTC allowed to operate a transportation shuttle between Downtown area of urban center and their airport?: sure
Is there any other relevant information that the RTC should know?: na

Reino do Brazil
Negotiator

Postby Reino do Brazil » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:36 am

Application for RTC University Campus Bussing
Nation Name: Reino do Brazil
Name of University: Alcoa University
Name of University President(or equivalent): Rector Fabio Ray
Location of University: Alcoa
Student population: 4.500
Will non-affiliated persons be allowed to ride campus busses?: yes

What is the corporate tax rate?(all relevant rates that the RTC would be taxed under): 5%
Are there any tax incentives for RTC?: tax free first 5 years
Is healthcare public or private in your nation?(we do offer healthcare benefits to fulltime employees if it is a private system): both
Is there any other relevant information the RTC should know?: No

Reino do Brazil
Negotiator

Postby Reino do Brazil » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:38 am

Ministério das Obras Publicas

To. Regional Transit Corporation
From Fernando Pessoa. Minister of infraestructure of Reino do Brazil

Sirs,

The Government of Reino do Brazil wants to begin the Project of 3 lanes in each direction for a motoway from Minho, Serpa, Valença,Alcoa and then trough the costa line untill New Frontier, this on a first fase Then we have to take a looks on the railway system. Please hire locally whenever possible.
Expecting to hear from you soon.

Yours Faithfully
FPessoa
Last edited by Reino do Brazil on Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade