NATION

PASSWORD

GE&T Accreditation Agency [Temporarily closed - backlog]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aquitayne » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Storefront Accreditation Form
Nation Name: Aquitayne
Storefront Name: Freyport Armory
Link to Storefront Thread: viewtopic.php?p=29154175
Would you like recommendations on improving your storefront? Yes
What type of storefront is this Military
Special Requests: None
Name and position of applying individual: Wallace Noringham, CEO
**GETAAFORM**
Thank you for submitting your storefront for accreditation! You will be contacted when your rating is complete!
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:20 pm

Aquitayne wrote:[Accreditation Form]

OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION FROM GE&TAA

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. Noringham! We are thrilled to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of five stars for your storefront, Freyport Armory! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.
Code: Select all
[align=center][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=322995][img]http://i.imgur.com/tFobpZC.png[/img][/url][/align]

Should this banner not fit your storefront, you may contact us directly or browse our selection of alternate banners to see if one of them fits better.

If you have received a low rating for your storefront, we highly recommend that you read over our list of common storefront suggestions. These should help get you on the path to a five-star rating. We also recommend reading over Cen's Handy Guide to GE&T Product-making, which should help you work through creating original products should you require such assistance. Additionally, please do not hesitate to re-apply after you have acted on any improvement suggestions given.

Once more, thank you for applying to the Global Economics and Trade Accreditation Agency!

Robert J. Burneside, Chief Executive Officer.
Daniel R. Sparkmann, Head of Accreditation.
Okay. Admittedly, I gave an internal groan when I saw your company's name. Oh dear, another less-than-stellar military storefront. BOY, was I wrong, a fact that I noticed the moment I glanced at the superbly-formatted image at the top of your OP. Not only does your storefront have accurate, realistic, and well-explained products, but you also have exceptional formatting and a wide range of available details to boot. This is quite possibly one of the better military storefronts that I have yet to see in the GE&T subforum. Stellar job!

In addition to the five-star rating, I am also thrilled to say that the work that you have put into your storefront and the resulting excellent quality have also paid off in another way: Your storefront will be added to GE&TAA's Exceptional Storefronts List, my collection of the highest-quality GE&TAA-rated storefronts out there. Congratulations!

Now, sorry to burst the good-feelings bubble I've been building, but this does not mean that you are done with your storefront. It just means that I recognize that you have exhibited your ability to do some amazing things with your storefront. And I expect you to continue to do so! I do notice with your storefront that there isn't very much information about the company itself. You briefly give an overview of your company in the OP, but then move right on to the products. This isn't 'wrong' by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think that if you were to add more information about your company it might improve it more. So consider adding some more information, possibly information about your Chief Executive Officer or board of directors, or even information about your rounds' performance in tests or by the Aquitaynean top-level competitive shooting teams (If you have one, I don't know. Just throwing ideas out there!).

Right. That's all I've got. Amazing job, and do continue with the great work.

Oh, I nearly forgot there. Here's another banner to put in your storefront somewhere certifying your placement on the Exceptional Storefronts List!
[box][hr][/hr][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=357389][blocktext][hr][/hr][img]http://i.imgur.com/V5IB3NS.png[/img][hr][/hr][/blocktext][/url][hr][/hr][/box]

Balashov
Attaché

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Balashov » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:13 am

"Moving the World Forward"
11 Beimut Ave, Donestk, P.O. 11453
Main Offices - (513) 884-2121
Port Offices (Donestk) - (513) 884-2211
Port Offices (Crimik) - (515) 884-2222
Office of Customer Satisfaction - (513) 884-4357
cherkizovoshipping.bs

Cherkizovo Shipping is a subsidiary of the Dredniak Corporation

Dear Whomever this may concern,

Cherkizovo Shipping is very interested in receiving a rating from your well-established rating service. Below you will find our application.

[i]Storefront Accreditation Form
Nation Name: The Royal Kingdom of Balashov
Storefront Name: Cherkizovo Shipping
Link to Storefront Thread: cherkizovoshipping.bs
Would you like recommendations on improving your storefront? Yes, please!
What type of storefront is this (i.e. Military, Automotive, etc.)? International Shipping
Name and position of applying individual: Mr. Goran Miloven, CEO of Cherkizovo Shipping
**GETAAFORM**
Thank you for submitting your storefront for accreditation! You will be contacted when your rating is complete!

Thank you for your time. We eagerly await your response.

Best Regards,

Mr. Goran Miloven, BBA
Chief Executive Officer
Cherkizovo Shipping
The views of Balashov do not entirely represent my real-life views
I do not RP by my NS statistics

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:26 pm

Balashov wrote:[Accreditation Form and Communiqué]

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. Miloven! We are thrilled to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of five stars for your storefront, Cherkizovo Shipping! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.
[align=center][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=322995][img]http://i.imgur.com/tFobpZC.png[/img][/url][/align]

Should this banner not fit your storefront, you may contact us directly or browse our selection of alternate banners to see if one of them fits better.

If you have received a low rating for your storefront, we highly recommend that you read over our list of common storefront suggestions. These should help get you on the path to a five-star rating. We also recommend reading over Cen's Handy Guide to GE&T Product-making, which should help you work through creating original products should you require such assistance. Additionally, please do not hesitate to re-apply after you have acted on any improvement suggestions given.

Once more, thank you for applying to the Global Economics and Trade Accreditation Agency!

Your storefront is quite honestly one of the best-filled-in storefronts that I've seen in a while, and definitely the best shipping storefront I have yet seen. Unfortunately, shipping and logistics of the type that you offer are a bit of a niche market, so it isn't unsurprising that you haven't received very much in the way of business.

Suggestion-wise, there are just a couple of things that I'd like to point out. Firstly, in your mission statement, it says that it is you goal 'to help shape a more better planet.' You should drop the 'more' from that to make it grammatically correct. You probably just missed that when proofreading, so I figured I should point it out.

...I thought I saw something else, but I cannot seem to find it now. You obviously have a great working knowledge of shipping of this kind, and I do hope that the hard work that you have put into this pays off! Great job, and good luck with Cherkizovo Shipping!!

Pederal na Republika Ng Pilipinas
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pederal na Republika Ng Pilipinas » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:06 am

To:
Global Economics and Trade Accreditation Agency

Greetings,

We would like to receive a rating in order to improve our services. In line with this we would also like to recieve suggestions on how to improve our storefront. Attached is our application form. Thank you very much and more power.

Nation Name:Pederal na Republika ng Pilipinas
Storefront Name:PilipinasONE Broadcasting Network
Link to Storefront Thread:PilipinasONE.com.prph
Would you like recommendations on improving your storefront?Yes please
What type of storefront is this (i.e. Military, Automotive, etc.)? Broadcasting Network
Special Requests:None
Name and position of applying individual: Liz Posadas, Chief Administrative Officer
**GETAAFORM**

Respectfully yours,

Liz Posadas
Chief Administrative Officer
PilipinasONE Broadcasting Network
McKinley Hill
Bonifacio Global City
Taguig City, Philippines
Pederal na Republika ng Pilipinas
Factbook | Embassy Program

PilipinasONE Broadcasting Network :Click Here

Assemblyman of the League of Nations
IATA Member

League of Nations Member

Political Compass
Economic Left: -0.25
Social Libertarian: -1.28
And yes, I'm a Filipino who accidentally added "The Federal Republic" to the short name
Pro: Mixed Economy, Bernie, Greenpeace, Environment, Civil Rights, Political Freedom
Mixed Views: Trump
Anti: Authoritarianism, Death Penalty, Corporal Punishment, Mining

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:40 am

Pederal na Republika ng Pilipinas wrote:[Accreditation Form and Letter]

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Ms. Posadas! We are thrilled to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of four stars for your storefront, PilipinasONE Broadcasting Network! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.
[align=center][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=322995][img]http://i.imgur.com/oB8v3Va.png[/img][/url][/align]

Firstly, let me say that I really like what you've done so far. Your storefront already has a lot of what I like to look for, and it isn't particularly easy finding things 'wrong' with your storefront.

1: One thing that you may want to do is alter the vertical height of your storefront a little bit. Some parts of your content feel very stretched out, while others feel shrunk. I would definitely recommend reducing the amount of vertical space taken up by your executives section because, while interesting, I don't feel that this is imperative to the storefront's success overall. On the other hand, I would recommend increasing the amount of vertical space taken up by your letter the CEO. This can either be done by adding content, or by sneakily manipulating the coding to make it look longer by using the [.blocktext] tags on either end of your content. This will push the sides in and stretch the content vertically.

2: I'd also recommend moving your ecofriendliness section to somewhere above your forms section. Forms are typically the very last thing that people read over, after they have already decided whether or not to become a customer. If you want that section to make an impact, it has to be where people will see it, which is pretty much anywhere above the forms.

That's all I've got for now. Nice job so far, and good luck! I look forwards to seeing you improve further!

Electrum and New Gelderland
Envoy

Founded: Oct 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Electrum and New Gelderland » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:28 pm

Nation Name: Ceni and Electrum
Storefront Name: Air Terranea
Link to Storefront Thread: www.airterranea.com
Would you like recommendations on improving your storefront? Sure
What type of storefront is this (i.e. Military, Automotive, etc.)? Airline
Name and position of applying individual: Ms. Xina Iesan, CEO
**GETAAFORM**
Manages Terranean League competitions.

Managed by Electrum and Vers-Gelderland (Ceni)

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:58 pm

Electrum and New Gelderland wrote:[Accreditation Form]

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Ms. Iesan! We are thrilled to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of five stars for your storefront, Air Terranea! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.

Should this banner not stylistically match your storefront, you may contact us directly or browse our selection of alternate banners to see if one of them fits better.

Once more, thank you for applying to the Global Economics and Trade Accreditation Agency! We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Wellllllll... there's not much to say. You've already filled out the storefront in all of the usual areas where storefronts are lacking, and I can't really find much wrong with it. The only possible suggestion that I have is to use a spoilered destination list instead of a separate google spreadsheet, simply for ease-of-access and privacy concerns. Although I am well aware how finicky table formatting can be with BBCode, and totally get that you may not want to do this. This is, therefore, mainly a matter of personal preference.

Yeah, so, that's all I can give you. I usually like to give a list of suggestions, but I obviously can't do that if I can't think of a single thing to suggest. So, yeah.

Great job with Air Terranea thus far, and I wish you the best of luck in the future!

The Pacifican Islands
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pacifican Islands » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:00 am

Nation Name: The Pacifican Islands
Storefront Name: Pacifican Airways
Link to Storefront Thread: www.fly-pacifican.com
What type of storefront is this (i.e. Military, Automotive, etc.)? Civil Aviation
Special Requests: OOC: I am 100% on mobile so I can only do so much
Name and position of applying individual: CEO Joseph Luc
**GETAAFORM**

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:33 am

The Pacifican Islands wrote:[Accreditation Form]

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. Luc! We are thrilled to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of three stars for your storefront, Pacifican Airways! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.
[align=center][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=322995][img]http://i.imgur.com/lGAIWoP.png[/img][/url][/align]

Should this banner not stylistically match your storefront, you may contact us directly or browse our selection of alternate banners to see if one of them fits better.

Once more, thank you for applying to the Global Economics and Trade Accreditation Agency! We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

You've definitely made a good start, but there a still a number of areas in which you can improve. Having tried to make nicely-formatted things on a phone, I am aware of how difficult that can be, so I'll try to be specific and detailed.

1: Firstly, right now your logo (which looks great, BTW) has a white background. While it looks perfectly fine on a mobile device, to people using the NS Dark theme, it's absolutely blinding. That's not good for business, understandably, so I would highly recommend replacing the white background with a transparent one. If you can't do this yourself, there are a number of threads (like this one over in F&NI dedicated to making logos and seals. Just post in one of those and ask someone to remove the white background for you.

2: You've got a line break in the middle of your ICAO code, which is a little confusing. You probably want to remove that.

3: You may want to just read over all of your text to make sure of two things: that it is all grammatically correct, and that it makes sense to a total newcomer. For instance, your introduction section talks about both of your company's founding dates. Many people won't read the history section, so you might want to specifically say, "...and our refounding in 1972..." so that it makes sense out of context.

4: I would highly recommend using the [.align=center] tags on all of your images and captions. Additionally, there is no line break between your 787 image and it's caption, which pushes the caption way off to the right side of my screen.

5: You may want to make the subdivisions of your destinations list a bit more apparent, possibly by making them larger text or underlined.

6: Lastly, I'd recommend putting [.code] tags around your applications so that potential customers can copy-paste them easier.

I know that list seems like a lot of material and a lot of ground to cover, but I'm confident that you can do it. Airline storefronts have historically been difficult to get off the ground, so don't be alarmed it nobody posts an application for a while. It may be a good idea to put yourself out there a bit by posting a route application in an airport thread, just so that established storefront-owners and customers alike will see your name. Just keep on at it, and don't give up! You've done a great job so far, and I look forwards to seeing you improve in the future!

The Pacifican Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Pacifican Islands » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:41 am

What type of storefront is this (i.e. Military, Automotive, etc.)? Civil Aviation
Special Requests: OOC: I know it has been a short time but I would like a re-evaluation.
**GETAAFORM**

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:58 pm

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. Luc! We are thrilled to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of three stars for your storefront, Pacifican Airways! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.
[align=center][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=322995][img]http://i.imgur.com/lGAIWoP.png[/img][/url][/align]

Now that's you've gotten some business, I can give some more detailed suggestions regarding customer service and the like!

1: Firstly, I'd like to make a couple of comments on your letters. They are definitely a good start, but I think that they can improve even more.
  1. Your logo, while great for your site header, is just far too big for the header of a formal message. I would recommend downsizing it by at least 50%, as well as removing much of the blank-background 'buffer-space' around the logo. This is just for the message header version, mind you, not the main logo.
  2. In my opinion, the way that you write your formal letters and application replies are some of the most important parts of a storefront like an airline. Because there are so many storefronts like yours, your best opportunity to stand out is through exceptional content, yes, but also through genuinely connecting with your customer on a one-to-one basis. This doesn't mean that you have to write each and every applicant a unique, personalized letter, but it does mean that to make the best impression, you should do your best to make your messages professional, informative, and attention-catching. The best way to learn how to do this is to look at other storefronts (not necessarily just airlines) and see how they craft their letters; how do they address their customers, how do they introduce themselves, what do they say individually to each person contacting them? Take inspiration from what other people have done, and then combine it with your own company's history and culture to make a format that is all your own.
  3. As a tag-along to the above bullet-point, keep in mind that, because of the proclivity of airlines, it is important to make a good first impression, and as I said earlier, this can be done by posting applications of your own on airport pages (which I see you've already done; good job!). One way to further amplify this effect is to use the same general sort of formal letter in these applications; a letter that will both make your application more interesting for the storefront owner, but also catch the eye of other storefront owners who might later apply to your storefront. These letters can include a brief splurge about your history and commitment to quality, what you offer to the airline industry, etc. Again, look at what other people have done and use that to create your own unique style of letter that emphasizes what makes Pacifican Airways unique and worth forming a business relationship with.

2: Okay. My letter-rant is over. On to content! I'd like to direct your attention to what I've written in the "common storefront suggestions" section of my OP regarding introductory content.

Common Storefront Suggestions wrote:INTRODUCTORY CONTENT
  • Do you actually talk about your storefront?
One thing that many storefronts lack is ample description of the storefront. This can be anything from a paragraph explaining the history of the company in question to a long biography of the company's Chief Executive Officer. While we do not recommend drowning potential customers in information, allowing customers to get a feel for the company as well as what it sells is imperative to running a successful storefront. A list of common informational sections is below.
  1. Letter from CEO/Manager/Owner
  2. History of the company
  3. Company executives and employees
  4. Why you should buy from the storefront
  5. FAQ
  6. Contact Information
  7. Eco-friendliness

…et cetera. There are endless possibilities for introductory content for your storefront. Just pick something, go for it, and see what happens!

Now, this mainly applies to your introduction section, which is a bit skimpy and doesn't really stand out to me as making your storefront worth applying to. I would recommend incorporating some of the points above (most notably eco-friendliness) into your introduction, but also to do a couple things that wouldn't really fit any other storefront. Because of your unique nature as an airline servicing a beautiful island nation, you can definitely spin that to your advantage. You can talk about the unique access to beautiful vacation spots that are gained through Pacifican Airways, how your island culture gives you a unique take on airline hospitality, etc. Use this section to make your storefront really stand out to the casual reader!

That's all I have right now. Again, keep plugging away, and great job thus far!

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:48 pm

To: Robert J. Burneside, Chief Executive Officer.
Daniel R. Sparkmann, Head of Accreditation

Alozia Flights is interested in receiving a rating from you.
Below is our application form.

Nation Name: Alozia
Storefront Name: Alozia Flights
Link to Storefront Thread: viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=6&t=388035&p=29732060#p29732060
What type of storefront is this (i.e. Military, Automotive, etc.)?Airline
Name and position of applying individual: CEO Joe O'Brian
**GETAAFORM**
Thank you for your time.

Signed,
Joe O'Brian
CEO of Alozia Flights
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:54 pm

Alozia wrote:[Accreditation Form]

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. O'Brian! We are happy to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of two stars for your storefront, Alozia Flights! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.
[align=center][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=322995][img]http://i.imgur.com/jNqJoGj.png[/img][/url][/align]

You've definitely made a good start on your storefront, but I think there are a couple of big areas where you can improve a good bit.

Firstly, I'd like to direct your attention to what I've written in the "common storefront suggestions" section of my OP regarding introductory content.

Common Storefront Suggestions wrote:INTRODUCTORY CONTENT
  • Do you actually talk about your storefront?
One thing that many storefronts lack is ample description of the storefront. This can be anything from a paragraph explaining the history of the company in question to a long biography of the company's Chief Executive Officer. While we do not recommend drowning potential customers in information, allowing customers to get a feel for the company as well as what it sells is imperative to running a successful storefront. A list of common informational sections is below.
  1. Letter from CEO/Manager/Owner
  2. History of the company
  3. Company executives and employees
  4. Why you should buy from the storefront
  5. FAQ
  6. Contact Information
  7. Eco-friendliness

…et cetera. There are endless possibilities for introductory content for your storefront. Just pick something, go for it, and see what happens!

This mainly applies to your introduction section, which is a quite skimpy and doesn't really stand out to me, and I would recommend incorporating some of the points above into your introduction.

Because of the large number of airlines, it is extremely important that every airline storefront be unique enough that they can attract attention. Tell potential customers what makes your storefront unique, and why it is worth applying to instead of some other storefront. This means that you definitely have to fill out most of the sections that you have a good bit more, so that potential customers can get a feel for your storefront and why it should matter to them.

Lastly, because of the range of differences in storefronts, it is quite easy to look at and take inspiration from a large number of storefronts and get a good range of ideas for improving yours. Look at multiple other good storefronts and see what they did, and then apply those lessons to your own storefront. Just be very careful that all of your work is original, and not too close to anyone else's.

Nice job so far, and good luck!

Last edited by The Nation of Ceneria on Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:18 pm

The Nation of Ceneria wrote:
[Rating]

Thank you for your feedback.
We have aplied changes based on your instructions and would like a potential re-evaluation.
Again, Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Signed,
Joe O'Brian
CEO of Alozia Flights
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

New Aeries
Attaché

Founded: Jul 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aeries » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:55 am

Nation Name: New Aeries
Storefront Name: Hurricane Insurance
Link to Storefront Thread: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... 6&t=388291
Would you like recommendations on improving your storefront? Of course I would
What type of storefront is this (i.e. Military, Automotive, etc.)? Insurance Broker
Special Requests: Please telegram me after your evaluation is complete, if possible.
Name and position of applying individual: Michael Jakzson, Chairman of the Board of Brokers
**GETAAFORM**

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:52 am

New Aeries wrote:[Accreditation Form]

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. Jakzson! We are happy to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of one stars for your storefront, Hurricane Insurance! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.
[align=center][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=322995][img]http://i.imgur.com/2DMZIFF.png[/img][/url][/align]

Hurricane Insurance is most definitely the first insurance company that I've yet seen on such a large scale. Personal insurance, yes. Property insurance, yes. Natural disaster insurance? You're the first. It's definitely original, and you get some big kudos for that. There are, however, quite a range of things that you can do to improve your storefront.

1: Firstly, I would highly recommend adding some more information about what Hurricane will do in the wake of a natural disaster. Tell potential customers about the quality of your insurance system, the speed with which you process requests, etc. Let potential customers know that you are a reliable investment for securing the future of their nations.

2: Secondly, I would recommend adding some more information regarding your company as a whole. For this I will direct you here, where I have already written up a deal of information on this.

3: While I like the fact that you don't use a cut-and-dried form for applying nations, which means you demand the use of formal letters, the way that you present the required information is a bit sketchy. I would recommend moving that information into a separate section devoted to that, giving you more room for information about the company, and separating each required facet of a form into bullet points. The coding for this is as follows.

[list][*]First bulleted item
[*]Second bulleted item
[*]Last bulleted item[/list]

4: I would also recommend expanding on each of your types of insurance. Give recommended time thresholds, prices, and rate information. I'm sure your Cosmic Insurance type would cost more by orders of magnitude than Impartial Insurance, and this should definitely be reflected to your customers.

5: Finally, I would recommend reading over everything that you have written in order to ensure that it conforms to standard conventions of English grammar. Having repeated grammatical errors tends to jerk casual readers from the flow of the page, and is unhelpful in convincing customers that your storefront is worth applying to. Just go over everything with a fine-toothed comb and make sure it makes sense.

These suggestions can hopefully help make your storefront better. Once you have adopted them, you are welcome to reapply for a higher rating. Nice job so far, and good luck with Hurricane Insurance!

Great Palkia
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Palkia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:34 pm

I have just made this storefront so I ask that you do not rate It on the amount of orders I have.

Nation Name: Great Palkia
Storefront Name: New Era Fuels
Link to Storefront Thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=386604
Would you like recommendations on improving your storefront? Yes please
What type of storefront is this (i.e. Military, Automotive, etc.)? Energy
Special Requests:
Name and position of applying individual: Seth Jaxton CEO
**GETAAFORM**
Last edited by Great Palkia on Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Great Palkia wrote:[Accreditation Form]

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. Jaxton! We are happy to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of one stars for your storefront, New Era Fuels! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.
[align=center][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=322995][img]http://i.imgur.com/2DMZIFF.png[/img][/url][/align]

Gasoline/refinery storefronts in GE&T have a tendency to disappear rather quickly, so you should first off be aware of the fact that, in order to be successful, you're going to have to put a lot of work into New Era.

1: Firstly, while you have a lot of the basic building blocks of a good storefront in place, most of them are aren't as expansive as they probably should be.
  • Firstly, your introduction. I've written a decent bit about intros here, which I hope will be helpful. Generally, you need to give customers a feel for a storefront, and some good reasons as to why it is worth the time and effort of submitting an application.
  • Letter from the CEO. You have one of these, yes, and the gist of it is good, but it's pretty darn short, and doesn't really touch on some important topics. I would highly recommend expanding it and, as you do so, use some fancy formatting to make it look like a letter. Look at how other storefronts have formatted their letters, and take a bit of inspiration from their work and apply it to your own. You can even put a smaller version of your logo in the header, to ben even fancier. But remember, content is 3/4 of the battle.
  • You have an entire section devoted to your board of directors, but it only has a picture of them in it. I would highly recommend either adding information about the board members, or simply changing the title to "Leadership" and adding a blurb on your CEO there as well.

2: Content-wise, you mention 'Cerlytin' a couple of times in your refineries section, but then neglect to talk about it at all in your products section. Your claims to sell a completely renewable fuel are pretty lofty, and it's imperative that you put this newly-developed fuel front-and-center in your products page in order to attract customers.

3: Lastly, as you work through your storefront, make sure you go back periodically to ready through everything you have written. This is for three main reasons: 1): To find inconsistencies in different sections, 2): To make sure it flows properly, and 3): To make sure everything makes grammatical sense. Make sure you do this consistently so dumb mistakes don't slip past and lose you business.

That's all I have for you right now. It's a good bit of work, but I'm sure that you can make it happen and get your storefront out there! Nicely done so far, and good luck!

Bulanesia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bulanesia » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:38 pm

Nation Name: Bulanesia
Storefront Name: Royal Bulanesia Airlines
Link to Storefront Thread: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... 6&t=388543
What type of storefront is this (i.e. Military, Automotive, etc.)? Airline
Name and position of applying individual: CEO Anas Abdul Hakim
**GETAAFORM**
  • Malaysian
  • Muslim
  • Malay
  • ISFJ
  • Student
Kingdom of Bulanesia | Kerajaan Bulanesia | كراجأن بولنيسيا
A constitutional monarchy with parliamentary democracy located in Southeast Asia, southwest of Indonesia.

Embassy | BulanEx | Airlines
Some NS stats apply.

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:49 am

Bulanesia wrote:[Accreditation Form]

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. Hakim! We are happy to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of four stars for your storefront, Royal Bulanesia Airlines! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.
[align=center][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=322995][img]http://i.imgur.com/oB8v3Va.png[/img][/url][/align]

For a relatively new airline storefront, you've certainly gotten off the ground nicely (ha ha ha). You already have a couple of customers, a well-formatted formal letter, and a good deal of well-thought-out content. That's much better than many new airlines have when they apply here, so very nicely done.

In fact, I only have a couple of suggestions for you, mostly regarding aesthetics. As I'm sure you've noticed, pretty storefronts tend to get a good deal more business than ugly storefronts, regardless of content quality. Therefore, it is imperative that storefronts in a field such as yours, boasting ~50 active storefronts, really catch your reader's eye. And, as much as wordy, linguistics-loving people like to dream, that's primarily done through fancy logos, headers, and pictures, not beautifully-worded paragraphs. So, I have a couple of suggestions for you that should help gussy up your storefront on the aesthetic end of things.

1: Firstly, while I like the way that your storefront opens with just the logo, it's honestly not that flashy. I'd recommend doing something like putting small, identically-sized images of destinations or something like that in a row (roughly the size of your logo) directly beneath the table of contents. It doesn't really change anything, but it does blatantly play with the viewers' attention and emotions. Because who doesn't love that?

2: Another thing I'd add would be small images of the seating in each of your classes to the far right side of your explanation boxes.

3: Lastly, I'd recommend looking at other storefronts and seeing how they use fancy graphics, images and the like to emphasize their content. They don't even have to be airline storefronts, but do use the ideas that those give you to make your storefront even flashier.

That's all I've got right now. You've done a great job so far, and I look forwards to seeing how Royal Bulanesia Airlines progresses! Good luck!

The Pacifican Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Pacifican Islands » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:24 am

Special Requests:
**GETAAFORM**

Indochinese Federation
Attaché

Founded: Sep 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Indochinese Federation » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:31 am

Nation Name:Federation of Indochinese Federation
Storefront Name:Ikura Defense Dynamics
Link to Storefront Thread:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=389749&p=29924087&sid=5b6ab3f7f3b391b2d32d768febf45629#p29924087
Would you like recommendations on improving your storefront?Yes
What type of storefront is this (i.e. Military, Automotive, etc.)?Military
Special Requests:
Name and position of applying individual: Aki'cho, CEO and Owner
**GETAAFORM**
Last edited by Indochinese Federation on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:04 pm

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. Luc! We are happy to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of four stars for your storefront, Pacifican Airways! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.

You've really made progress since you applied here first, and I really like the way that you've incorporated cargo and regional flight services. Suggestions are below.

1: You have a table of contents, but there aren't any links that make it actually work. To see how to make this work if you don't know already, Maltropia's guide explains it quite well.

2: I would highly recommend standardizing the sizing of your class images, just so it's aesthetically pleasing and all that jazz. And do make sure that your images match what you are saying about the classes. For instance, in your Premiere write-up, you state that the seats can lay almost flat. Looking at the image, that doesn't line up at all, so you should just make sure that everything makes sense between your pictures and your text.

3: The names of your Marina Club membership tiers are decidedly unexciting. You may want to spruce those up a bit, for instance something like "Helmsman." Or whatever.

That's all I've got for now. Again, you've done a great job so far, and I look forwards to seeing your improve even further!

Indochinese Federation wrote:[Accreditation Form]

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. Aki'cho! We are happy to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of one star for your storefront, Ikura Defense Dynamics! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.

One of the reasons that military storefronts such as yours are so common in the GE&T subforum is because of their perceived ease of creation. I believe that this is a myth. As Tippercommon wrote, "Do not create storefronts for the sake of having a lot of storefronts. Focus your efforts on one storefront at first and maybe expand into new industries with a few more storefronts over time. Would you rather have an empire of nothing or a couple high-quality storefronts that people respect?" Now, admittedly he was talking about having multiple sub-par storefronts, but this also applies to having a single storefront. If you're going to make a storefront, I think you should put effort into it in order to make it the best you possibly can.

Rant aside, your storefront has quite a number of things that I think can be dramatically improved. Most of them are touched on here: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... uggestions

I highly recommend reading over this section, and taking into account the suggestions therein. Most (if not all) will help your storefront.

In a more personal suggestion, I'd like to comment on your logo. While it looks cool on my desktop, I'm almost positive that it wouldn't look at all like a logo on a phone or tablet, or to people using screen reading software. I would highly recommend replacing this with a transparent-background image.

I'm confident that you can improve Ikura Defense Dynamics, and I look forwards to seeing where you take it.

Last edited by The Nation of Ceneria on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xanixi
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanixi » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:52 pm

Nation Name: Grand Thedosian Republic
Storefront Name: Union Stock Exchange
Link to Storefront Thread: Click.
Would you like recommendations on improving your storefront?: Yes.
What type of storefront is this?: Stock exchange.
Special Requests: N/A
Name and position of applying individual: President Lady Hazel Warren
**GETAAFORM**

Apologies for no IC post, rushing right about now to get this submitted. Still requires a few touches, but nothing that will dramatically alter its overall layout. Thanks in advance!
Grand Imperial Republic of Thedosia | Galactic Imperial Republic [FT]
DEFCON: [4]; Double Take
| Pop.: 508,191,116 | Area: 24.670.330 km2 | Demonym: Thedosian/Republic/Imperial |
| Military: 5,482,193 | GDP: US$32,842,135,458,524.96 | Lifespan: ~650 y/o |
Dr. Carl Sagan wrote:“They say astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”
Most Astounding Fact
#AupaAtleti #ContigoHastaElFinal
American and Spanish

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade