NATION

PASSWORD

Selling 400,000 Burner Slaves

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Digital Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Selling 400,000 Burner Slaves

Postby Digital Planets » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:25 pm

TO: Everyone Who Gets This Message

I am the broker of a well-known black market organization within the Online MMO of Digital Planets. Now, you may be asking yourself: "What the hell is a burner slave?"

Well, let's start with the word 'Burner': A burner is, at the base, someone who plays in one sitting for so long that their mind deteriorates, to the point that they somewhat become mindless zombies. I merely put the 'slave' tag at the end. Now, the first important thing to note is that they are also, at the same time, NOT entirely mindless: They are human beings that can usually function at a 1st-grade or kindergarten level of competency. They can easily perform basic tasks like grabbing and holding objects, write, etc.

Luckily, the effects are not permanent. A few years out of the chair will slowly but surely restore their mental capacity, and maybe with some life-altering effects on top, give or take.

Now, let's just say the people who hired me have gotten some IP addresses of known burners and have a few groups of men ready to move them as needed. The price, of course, sits somewhere between 250 to almost a million Credits per head, depending on just how functional you want your burners to be.

Also, as a personal note for your safety and mine, I've been told to NOT sell to those who plan on actually freeing these people in the name of 'freedom' or some crap like that. Remind yourselves for those who plan on white knighting like this that you are working with someone who has connections to a rather successful black market. Think of the consequences.

Thank you, and have a good day.
So you decide to open it anyway? What the heck, man?

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:05 am

Encrypted Message from an Anonymous Address:

Dear Sir!

As you may or may not be aware, there exists a concept known as 'designer slavery' - illegal institutions wherein design bureaus kidnap young men and women with designer skills, and use them as unpaid labor in designing clothing and other items. Should you have for our purposes four individuals with sufficient skills and capacity to be made into slave-designers, we will pay twenty-five ounces of gold per slave. As such they need to have a background in design and reasonably-intact brains.

Naturally this is vastly illegal in our country, and as such we will pay in gold.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Skadinkia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Skadinkia » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:51 pm

10 male and 15 female, please
we don't care the skill level, so we would like a mid-low level "end on the spectrum"
Last edited by Skadinkia on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(V)(;,,;)(V)
Need a signature? Why not Zoidberg?
(V)(;,,;)(V)
>DEFCON 5: Minimum Security<
DEFCON 4: Heightened Awareness
DEFCON 3: Forces Deployed
DEFCON 2: Armed Conflict
DEFCON 1: Warfare
DEFCON 0: Nuclear Warfare
"ARE YOU A GOD?"
"Uhh... no?"
"THEN DIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEE!"
"Ray, if someone asks you if you're a god, you say 'yes'."
"The problem with quotes from the internet is that you can't confirm their validity." ~Abraham Lincoln
Skadinkia
The Delicate Delegacy
My puppet: Appacher Siense

Digital Planets
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Digital Planets » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:02 pm

Allanea wrote:Encrypted Message from an Anonymous Address:

Dear Sir!

As you may or may not be aware, there exists a concept known as 'designer slavery' - illegal institutions wherein design bureaus kidnap young men and women with designer skills, and use them as unpaid labor in designing clothing and other items. Should you have for our purposes four individuals with sufficient skills and capacity to be made into slave-designers, we will pay twenty-five ounces of gold per slave. As such they need to have a background in design and reasonably-intact brains.

Naturally this is vastly illegal in our country, and as such we will pay in gold.

TO: <CLASSIFIED>

Our databases show that we have some burners that aren't fully burned, possibly enough to be of your usage. Whether they have any designer skills, I don't have any information on. However, given their remaining mental capability, I'll offer them for 600k Credits a head.

Skadinkia wrote:10 male and 15 female, please
we don't care the skill level, so we would like a mid-low level "end on the spectrum"

Are you asking for burners who have still have a somewhat tolerable mentality? If so, I can offer them at 600k Credits per head.

Maeserati
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Maeserati » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:32 pm

I would like to remind you that, as a world assembly member, you are in direct violation of various resolutions regarding slavery, to which you must comply. Close this thread and cease all slavery operations or face legal penalty.

-MAESERATI DEP.OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
"He is Richest Who is Content With the Least"
Far-Right Libertarian
"Of all the things I hold in high regard, rules are not one of them." -Francis Underwood

Maeserati
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Maeserati » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:34 pm

(OOC: I appreciate your satire, however. But I'm sick of these threads.)
"He is Richest Who is Content With the Least"
Far-Right Libertarian
"Of all the things I hold in high regard, rules are not one of them." -Francis Underwood

Digital Planets
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Digital Planets » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:00 pm

Maeserati wrote:I would like to remind you that, as a world assembly member, you are in direct violation of various resolutions regarding slavery, to which you must comply. Close this thread and cease all slavery operations or face legal penalty.

-MAESERATI DEP.OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS

TO; <CLASSIFIED>

I'm sorry, but I appear to be out of the loop. What is this 'Assembly' you speak of? It sounds rather silly. Is it one of those conspiracy theorist organization I've heard of? They seem to be popping up nowadays.

((OOC: I'd like to inform you that these are black market people you are dealing with.
Last edited by Digital Planets on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:05 pm

Our databases show that we have some burners that aren't fully burned, possibly enough to be of your usage. Whether they have any designer skills, I don't have any information on. However, given their remaining mental capability, I'll offer them for 600k Credits a head.

"We will happily pay this in gold or a paper currency of your choice to a representative of your company upon the delivery of the burners."
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Digital Planets
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Digital Planets » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:12 pm

Allanea wrote:

"We will happily pay this in gold or a paper currency of your choice to a representative of your company upon the delivery of the burners."

Very well. I will alert the organization of the transaction upon confirmation. They will prepare the burners for transport.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:09 am

OOC: Would you like to RP the arrival of the 'burner slaves', and their interaction with the Allaneans?
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Weegeelandia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Weegeelandia » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:20 pm

WEEGEELANDIA CLASSIFIED NOTICE
BEGIN ENCRYPTION

Hello, good sir.
Weegeelandia would be interested in buying 1,000 of the cheapest slaves you have. Mental ability does not matter. Please let us know what the total price will come out to be.
Regards,
Weegeelandian Department of Shifty Things
END ENCRYPTION
Last edited by Weegeelandia on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obey Weegee, Destroy Mario

Skadinkia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Skadinkia » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:56 pm

Yes, that is accurate.
1 Credit= 1 NSD?
(V)(;,,;)(V)
Need a signature? Why not Zoidberg?
(V)(;,,;)(V)
>DEFCON 5: Minimum Security<
DEFCON 4: Heightened Awareness
DEFCON 3: Forces Deployed
DEFCON 2: Armed Conflict
DEFCON 1: Warfare
DEFCON 0: Nuclear Warfare
"ARE YOU A GOD?"
"Uhh... no?"
"THEN DIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEE!"
"Ray, if someone asks you if you're a god, you say 'yes'."
"The problem with quotes from the internet is that you can't confirm their validity." ~Abraham Lincoln
Skadinkia
The Delicate Delegacy
My puppet: Appacher Siense

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade