NATION

PASSWORD

In search of fighters!

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eemeria
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Eemeria » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:36 pm

ooc: this thread got really funny really quickly.
"For the Preservation of Freedom"
Join House Archelius: "Luxa Forever"
MT Prime Minister: Gretchen Parken
PMT Prime Minister: Esteban Villas
FT Secretary General: Isaiah Nagata
Proud Member of the:
International Peace Alliance - Dresden Group - International Anti-Terrorism Alliance - International Federation
Proud Member of the (retired) New Democrats in the (former) NSG Senate

Colonies & Protectorates: Zeucas, Vesisha, Ospertia

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:29 pm

Pharthan wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:
I never said its completely invisible. All I said is that its undetectable by today's technology...

No, you said "completely undetectable," to include visible light-spectrum.
Harkback Union wrote:...the V-22 is completely undetectable by all known technology...

Including Mk I Eyeball. There are systems that can do that, true, but they generate a ton of heat - ergo, I'm still trying to figure out how you meant to avoid infrared detection. Or radar. Considering none of your methods are 100% effective. Clouds are only effective against other fighters, not ground based or AWACS based - and even then, a modern fighter can still find you in a cloud.
Not to mention you still have a propeller, which isn't stealthy.
It can travel 36 kilometers without having to refuel when carrying no arnament, but only 27 kilometers if carrying a 12 ton payload...
If you didn't mean range of flight, you really need to be more careful, because every indication here says you meant how far the aircraft could fly.
The plane costs 165 Million $ each,
WTF? Less than a Raptor but it's got ERMAGHERD systems on it? \
The company is willing to provide free training for your pilots and free maintenance service (also offers to sell Additional fuel and payload) for the plane for 35 years!
And you still expect to make money on this thing? With all of those high-maintenance systems and stealth?

Look, I know everyone on NS isn't the best at designing stuff and a lot of people like to have fun trying to think outside of the box, but I do expect you to use this or [url=en.wikipedia.org]this[/url] now and then.

Fine, I will explain better how it works:
The plane goes up real high, It powers down its engines to a minimum level where the heat emission is minimal. Regular Radars wont see them because of stealth composite hull. If they want to stay hidden from other detection types, they find a cloudy area and turn on the cloud generator when jumping from cloud to cloud. The small artificial cloud which the plane drags after itself can fool any visible light-radar to believe the plane is part of the cloud. The plane isn't undetectable because the radar cant see it, its undetectable because they mistake it to be part of a cloud. If they knew the enemy planes hide themselves next to clouds, perhaps they could find them, but that's not the case...
Now about infrared radars,
Infrared radars can't detect gliding planes inside clouds.
What else isn't covered?

The B-2s are overpriced.
Stealth technology is overpriced, because they are made in small numbers and only a few manufacturers make them.
If they ever entered mass production, they would be a lot cheaper... I don't see how a 12 ton payload stealth bomber should cost 10 times as much as a 40 ton payload regular bomber.

Virana
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:47 pm

[OOC: I think it's necessary for me to step in now and call for an end to this argument. This thread is a Request for Information/Proposals, and it is not the appropriate place to discuss the level of realism a particular system presents. Such discussions should be relegated primarily to telegrams. Let's keep this thread civil and clean, please.]
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Mentors Hub | Welcome to II | RP Questions | #NSMentors
International Incidents Mentor | IIwiki Administrator

Owner of the United Republic of Emmeria and everything about it

Neo Philippine Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Philippine Empire » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:53 pm

Harkback Union wrote:Perhaps you would be interested in the V-22 Stealth Bomber Manufactured by the Union Aviation company?

(Image)

They are excellent spy planes and stealth bombers that can render themselves invisible to radar, thermal vision and even the naked eye thanks to its advanced stealth system. Unlike other stealth planes, the V-22 is completely undetectable by all known technology. Its top speed is around 1300 Kilometers per hour at 6400 feet per second when not in stealth mode, and 450 Kilometers/hour when not using its jet engines...
It can carry heavy payloads. It can travel 36 kilometers without having to refuel when carrying no arnament, but only 27 kilometers if carrying a 12 ton payload...

It can also destroy fighter planes in short and medium range with its on-board lasers, or launch missiles on the long range. It can also handle guided bombs and missiles, and can bear the weight of nuclear arnaments.

Of course The UAV can change on the design if needed to accommodate different weapons. The plane costs 165 Million $ each, but There is a 10% discount if you buy at least 7... The company is willing to provide free training for your pilots and free maintenance service (also offers to sell Additional fuel and payload) for the plane for 35 years!

It looks absolutely good in our radar and we only need a 30mm cannon to bring this thing down
THE GRAND REPUBLIC OF MAHARLIKA

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:59 pm

Actually, I am yet to reveal the best stealth system of my plane, It can fly steadily and quietly merely few meters above ground thanks to the AI piloting system...

Previous

Return to Global Economics and Trade