NATION

PASSWORD

Bureau for the Improvement of NS Businesses [Organisation]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Free Republic of Akan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Republic of Akan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:04 am

Tippercommon wrote:
The Free Republic of Akan wrote:In the past, how have mining/earth resource storefronts been?

You'd be more successful if you named your storefront "Gold & Uranium 4 Sale" and only sold Uranium and Gold to be honest. If it's not a airport thread, slave thread, or a high quality defense storefront, other industries don't get as much business.

Well, then wouldnt the people who actually know about G&ET ignore it? That sounds like a name for a one liner storefront. Right now, I'm doing an energy resource/powerplant building business. I really am aiming for the high quality G&ETers who actually know how to write an IC order and who read all of my info (or most of it) rather then the people who just fill out the app and read two bits of info and ask for a product we do not sell. Most of the latter only look for military stuff. Either way, I want a good, detailed storefront, with the ultimate goal of gaining forumwide respect as a good front maker.
Last edited by The Free Republic of Akan on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The correct way to say the people in my country is Akanian.
Our motto is translated in latin to "The people have the power"
I support thermonuclear warfare. Do you?
Proud Member of the New Democrats in the NSG Senate

Tippercommon
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tippercommon » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:14 am

The Free Republic of Akan wrote:
Tippercommon wrote:You'd be more successful if you named your storefront "Gold & Uranium 4 Sale" and only sold Uranium and Gold to be honest. If it's not a airport thread, slave thread, or a high quality defense storefront, other industries don't get as much business.

Well, then wouldnt the people who actually know about G&ET ignore it? That sounds like a name for a one liner storefront. Right now, I'm doing an energy resource/powerplant building business. I really am aiming for the high quality G&ETers who actually know how to write an IC order and who read all of my info (or most of it) rather then the people who just fill out the app and read two bits of info and ask for a product we do not sell. Most of the latter only look for military stuff. Either way, I want a good, detailed storefront, with the ultimate goal of gaining forumwide respect as a good front maker.

Don't get me wrong. I like good, detailed storefronts, and noobish ones won't get any rewards or respect for anything. But, realistically, the one-liners selling nuclear material or precious metals get a disproportional amount of business in comparison to well-thought out storefronts (unless if you're a big airport or defense storefront), and in my experience of running resource-based storefronts, most of the few orders you get are for gold and uranium.
Last edited by Tippercommon on Wed Oct 09, 1996 10:46 pm, edited 3.1416 times in total.
Looking for a Modern Tech Roleplay Region? Check out Anterra!

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Republic of Akan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:40 am

Tippercommon wrote:
The Free Republic of Akan wrote:Well, then wouldnt the people who actually know about G&ET ignore it? That sounds like a name for a one liner storefront. Right now, I'm doing an energy resource/powerplant building business. I really am aiming for the high quality G&ETers who actually know how to write an IC order and who read all of my info (or most of it) rather then the people who just fill out the app and read two bits of info and ask for a product we do not sell. Most of the latter only look for military stuff. Either way, I want a good, detailed storefront, with the ultimate goal of gaining forumwide respect as a good front maker.

Don't get me wrong. I like good, detailed storefronts, and noobish ones won't get any rewards or respect for anything. But, realistically, the one-liners selling nuclear material or precious metals get a disproportional amount of business in comparison to well-thought out storefronts (unless if you're a big airport or defense storefront), and in my experience of running resource-based storefronts, most of the few orders you get are for gold and uranium.

Hmm. I am selling uranium and oil. I might think about adding gold to my platform, with others (Natural Gas etc.) as "just incase". It is sort of bad how one liner spam storefronts are winning the battle for business, but I am seeing one line spam going down.

The High Tatras
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The High Tatras » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:08 am

I really want to open a business of some variety, but GE&T is very intimidating for me. It seems as if I have to spend many hours making a visually pleasing storefront and designing original products to even be taken half-seriously as a company. What can I do to create a storefront that will not require a massive time investment?

Vitaphone Racing
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitaphone Racing » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:17 am

The High Tatras wrote:I really want to open a business of some variety, but GE&T is very intimidating for me. It seems as if I have to spend many hours making a visually pleasing storefront and designing original products to even be taken half-seriously as a company. What can I do to create a storefront that will not require a massive time investment?

You can make a visually pleasing storefront with some simple, tasteful formatting and ultra-basic logos you can make in MS Paint. Storefronts that aren't garish and over the top can still be popular, in fact the most successful storefront to date had only the bare minimum in formatting until last year I believe.

You can also make good quality products without writing a novel. 500 words should do it, that's an hour tops. If you don't have an hour at once, you can always save your work as a draft and resume it later on. Don't get sucked in into keeping up with everybody else for write up length; it's obvious when people write for the sake of writing and it just looks tacky. Keep it short, sweet, concise and enlightening with a few paragraphs.
Parhe on my Asian-ness.
Parhe wrote:Guess what, maybe you don't know what it is like to be Asian.

ayy lmao

Vandelstein
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vandelstein » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:58 am

I blanked at my storefront's "Airline Policies" section. I know baggage limits and such is supposed to go there, but aside from that, I have no idea. Any help, suggestions, etc would, even outside the "Airline Policies" section, would be greatly appreciated. Here's the link - Skyway Airlines

Shalum
Minister

Founded: Oct 07, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Shalum » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:00 pm

here's my MF-95 Dragon.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=249047&hilit=MF+95

Do you have anything to recommend? Just in general about the aircraft or ways to improve it. Thanks
Conscription is the vitality of a nation, the purification of its morality, and the real foundations of all its habits.

It is better to be a warrior in a garden then to be a gardener in a war.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Shalum wrote:here's my MF-95 Dragon.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=249047&hilit=MF+95

Do you have anything to recommend? Just in general about the aircraft or ways to improve it. Thanks

You'd probably have more luck with that in this thread:

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=48251&start=10525
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Vitaphone Racing
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitaphone Racing » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:47 pm

Vandelstein wrote:I blanked at my storefront's "Airline Policies" section. I know baggage limits and such is supposed to go there, but aside from that, I have no idea. Any help, suggestions, etc would, even outside the "Airline Policies" section, would be greatly appreciated. Here's the link - Skyway Airlines

Visually, the storefront looks very well. I think it's quite a good choice of colors, images, layout etc. Personally I'm not a huge fan of displaying portraits for company leaders, certainly not more than three or four people either. To me it just seems redundant, especially if you're going to offer faces with no biographical information about them. Perhaps you could spoiler them for those who really care or perhaps condense them into one smaller image, I can't speak for everyone obviously but it does come across as unnecessary clutter.

I think you could do with some more information on several sections, namely the loyalty program, travel classes and fleet. You've got a couple of sentences for each and then a general list of features; you're going to have to be a little more creative here so you seem more inviting. Real airlines write several adjective-filled paragraphs for each class of travel to try and sell you on the idea that you'll be more comfortable on their planes than any other and that it's literally the next-best thing to sitting on your couch at home. The same with the fleet, you should be taking the opportunity to emphasize how awesome your aircraft are. Since you in particular are using your own aircraft, you should be jumping at the opportunity to write what is effectively free advertising for your other storefront (even though you aren't running it anymore). And with the loyalty program, you should be elaborating a bit more in word form what the benefits are and how you can collect miles. The graph to demonstrate benefits is a good touch, but it doesn't feel overly professional next to only a couple of sentences. I suppose you should also take a bit of time to turn your company values into full-fledged statements. For example, don't just say that the customer is being valued, say how much you love customers and why you'll always treat them with the utmost care.

So, almost perfect points for style, but a little more work on the substance is needed. You're well on the way though.
Parhe on my Asian-ness.
Parhe wrote:Guess what, maybe you don't know what it is like to be Asian.

ayy lmao

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:03 am

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Real airlines write several adjective-filled paragraphs for each class of travel to try and sell you on the idea that you'll be more comfortable on their planes than any other and that it's literally the next-best thing to sitting on your couch at home. The same with the fleet, you should be taking the opportunity to emphasize how awesome your aircraft are.

thats something I can try with Trans Polar Railways

which can be found here ---> here
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Tippercommon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tippercommon » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:50 am

Not terribly relephant, but since my specialization is format and design, might as well share my Graphic Design Resumé.
Last edited by Tippercommon on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Tippercommon on Wed Oct 09, 1996 10:46 pm, edited 3.1416 times in total.

Azurlavai
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Azurlavai » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:15 am

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=269169

Having just set it up, I wanted to get Salamander off the ground right. So, rather than sit and wait, I decided to run it by you guys.
*No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy.
*If your positions are firmly set and you are prepared to take the enemy assault on, he will bypass you.
*If your ambush is properly set, the enemy won't walk into it.
*If your flank march is going well, the enemy expects you to outflank him.
~Murphy's Laws of War

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:51 am

Azurlavai wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=269169

Having just set it up, I wanted to get Salamander off the ground right. So, rather than sit and wait, I decided to run it by you guys.

I'd generally recommend against putting all your important information in spoilers. If you want to impress customers from the first moment they look at your storefront, don't hide what makes it good. Also, I feel like you're over-reliant on images. The main basis for your storefront should be the text, as with all RP on NS, with the images merely supporting what you've written. If you do want to keep your pictures, try standardising their width (and maybe height as well?), because what you have now looks quite disorganised and inconsistent.

On that note, try reducing the size of the logo to no more than 400 pixels in height. The problem with circular logos is that even when their width is fine - and even perfect - the height is far more than it should be. 300 is usually the max height I'd advise, though 400 shouldn't be too excessive.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:29 am

here is Orbis Storefront, apart from the products, its been proof read so looks to read okay. There is a range of locomotives on offer with various jump boxes ffor where the links are. Some are live, some are dummy boxes done to blend in with the section.

Hows it look to you?
viewtopic.php?p=10229707#p10229707
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Controlled Interests
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Controlled Interests » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:13 pm

Hello Azurlavai!

I'll give you my two cents from storefront purgatory.
The Good: Lots, really.
->Like that you got rid of the white border around the Salamander image. I noticed that when you put in your bid for the NGASE Security competition.
->Lots of pictures, keeps me interested and covers up for less well-executed BB-Coding.
->I like the company policy stuff. Seems pretty cool to me!

The Ugly: Yup, there's some of this as well.
->You could read up on BB-Coding, as this storefront lacks text manipulation and is generally, very plain.
->One of your image links is broken...not the best thing to have if you want to inspire confidence within a consumer.
->Lack of links to each product. This is key point that almost any merchandise storefront should have.
->The color of the title...neon green and underline = bad typography.

The Bad: Unfortunately, there is this too.
->The first thing that got me were video game images (is it COD? I don't really know) and the picture of your commander. In my opinion, all storefronts, especially military ones, should seek to achieve realism (or pseudo-realism in certain exceptional cases). Using these images, especially the commander one, doesn't quite achieve this. Being a military history/equipment nerd, this stuff kind of turns me off immediately.
->Your products aren't exceptionally well described. While I do think the descriptive language like "these operators are ready to rock and roll, hitting the objective with as much force as possible" is great, I do kind of need to know what I am buying into. What weapons are they bringing in? How long can they remain in the field? These are just a few of the queestions that need to be answered. Just go to any major defense or private security, see Karlberg for example: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=133861 and you'll notice the sheer amount of info available.

All in all, great first effort! Keep refining the storefront and I'm sure it'll be successful.

PS: A complex-ified version of your logo might be good as well. Check out the one I made for the NGA military: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=cont ... /id=180122

PS x 2: To those who have expressed concern that I am not a currently listed advisor, I have been given the opportunity to help out at the Bureau by the OP while I burn in the eternal fires of damnation.
Last edited by Controlled Interests on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
CURRENT WAD OF MADRIGAL
Apply for citizenship here!
A CITIZEN OF LAZARUS.
Past Posts:
Founder of the CFN.
Ex-WA Delegate of the NGA.
Ex-Field Marshal of the NGA.

Controlled Interests
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Controlled Interests » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:18 pm

Aurora Confederacy wrote:here is Orbis Storefront, apart from the products, its been proof read so looks to read okay. There is a range of locomotives on offer with various jump boxes ffor where the links are. Some are live, some are dummy boxes done to blend in with the section.

Hows it look to you?

Hey nice work! That must have been a lot of BBCoding to do. Not a huge fan of the purple to black gradient and the purple on red (seems a tad 70s-80s to me) but overall it works and looks pretty darned cool. As to major changes, I think that customers section should include smaller logos. The current ones are huge, and with some being less aesthetically appealing than others...well you know what I mean.
Last edited by Controlled Interests on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CURRENT WAD OF MADRIGAL
A CITIZEN OF LAZARUS.
Past Posts:
Founder of the CFN.

Tippercommon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tippercommon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:28 pm

Aurora Confederacy wrote:here is Orbis Storefront, apart from the products, its been proof read so looks to read okay. There is a range of locomotives on offer with various jump boxes ffor where the links are. Some are live, some are dummy boxes done to blend in with the section.

Hows it look to you?

I was going to reply to your telegram, but I might as well put it on the thread. Here are my graphical recommendations and observations:
  • I'm curious as to why the font on your gradient headers aren't antialiased (aren't smooth). I'd recommend finding a font on dafont.com, installing it, and using it for everything on your storefront. If it's your program that's causing it, I'd recommend downloading GIMP and making your headers on it.
  • You should use one font throughout your storefront. I notice that there are several different fonts in the headers.
  • The images in your 'Customers' section are pretty big. I'd suggest making them small enough that you can put two logos on the same row.
  • The gradient you got going from blue to black is alright, but I'd suggest changing it so that your blue colour isn't such a hard shade of blue and switching the black to either a really dark blue, indigo, or purple.
  • Small suggestion. I'd suggest making the "Orbis Rail Systems" in the opening line of the "About Us" section be made bold and blue just to make the name stand out and to make the paragraph look a little fancier.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:44 pm

Controlled Interests wrote:
Hey nice work! That must have been a lot of BBCoding to do. Not a huge fan of the purple to black gradient and the purple on red (seems a tad 70s-80s to me) but overall it works and looks pretty darned cool. As to major changes, I think that customers section should include smaller logos. The current ones are huge, and with some being less aesthetically appealing than others...well you know what I mean.

the BB coding was a right b*stard! as you can see by the 139 edits just to get it this far but I do like how it looks on the whole.

Tippercommon, the font used has some how lost its uniformality when the little tags were adjusted in size, not sure how that has happenned however I am trying a similar approach to Aurora Electronics, with each 500x700(ish) image holding the product write up as well.

as for the customers logo, they are provided on the whole by the customer, however I will see about getting them all shrunk down once I have got Aurora Electronics underway
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Controlled Interests
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Controlled Interests » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:27 pm

Not sure if this is a great place to ask this question...but has GE&T been getting less active recently (or am I just paranoid)?
CURRENT WAD OF MADRIGAL
A CITIZEN OF LAZARUS.
Past Posts:
Founder of the CFN.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:27 pm

its about the same.

Tippercommon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tippercommon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Controlled Interests wrote:Not sure if this is a great place to ask this question...but has GE&T been getting less active recently (or am I just paranoid)?

It's probably more active now than it has in the past 3 months.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:32 pm

still the same old ideas though.

(nukes, pmc's, slaves and airports)

Controlled Interests
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Controlled Interests » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:53 pm

Aurora Confederacy wrote:still the same old ideas though.

True. There has also been a recent influx of rather barebones companies. Now I'm no expert in this field (I'm not even a full-fledged member of the bureau), but some of the new "ideas" are pretty poorly conceived. I don't want to mention any names, but some businesses just take up space. Their owners, not realizing that their company has very little market potential, make hopeless bumps that have little to no effect on business.

In this sense, I have begun to wonder if the Bureau should provide "active" help, as in, reach out to failing businesses directly and provide advice. Not really sure about you guys, but this could be pretty helpful for first time posters.
Last edited by Controlled Interests on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CURRENT WAD OF MADRIGAL
A CITIZEN OF LAZARUS.
Past Posts:
Founder of the CFN.

Azurlavai
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Azurlavai » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:02 pm

Hello Azurlavai!

I'll give you my two cents from storefront purgatory.
The Good: Lots, really.
->Like that you got rid of the white border around the Salamander image. I noticed that when you put in your bid for the NGASE Security competition.
->Lots of pictures, keeps me interested and covers up for less well-executed BB-Coding.
->I like the company policy stuff. Seems pretty cool to me!

The Ugly: Yup, there's some of this as well.
->You could read up on BB-Coding, as this storefront lacks text manipulation and is generally, very plain.
->One of your image links is broken...not the best thing to have if you want to inspire confidence within a consumer.
->Lack of links to each product. This is key point that almost any merchandise storefront should have.
->The color of the title...neon green and underline = bad typography.

The Bad: Unfortunately, there is this too.
->The first thing that got me were video game images (is it COD? I don't really know) and the picture of your commander. In my opinion, all storefronts, especially military ones, should seek to achieve realism (or pseudo-realism in certain exceptional cases). Using these images, especially the commander one, doesn't quite achieve this. Being a military history/equipment nerd, this stuff kind of turns me off immediately.
->Your products aren't exceptionally well described. While I do think the descriptive language like "these operators are ready to rock and roll, hitting the objective with as much force as possible" is great, I do kind of need to know what I am buying into. What weapons are they bringing in? How long can they remain in the field? These are just a few of the queestions that need to be answered. Just go to any major defense or private security, see Karlberg for example: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=133861 and you'll notice the sheer amount of info available.

All in all, great first effort! Keep refining the storefront and I'm sure it'll be successful.

PS: A complex-ified version of your logo might be good as well. Check out the one I made for the NGA military: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=cont ... /id=180122

PS x 2: To those who have expressed concern that I am not a currently listed advisor, I have been given the opportunity to help out at the Bureau by the OP while I burn in the eternal fires of damnation.

I'll be quite honest, they're images from Metal Gear Solid 4. While the emphasis on real-life would probably have been a better choice, I wanted a definite underlying theme among all of the portrayed images. The two definite 'styles' you can see there are predominantly Praying Mantis (based out of Britain) while the ones in caps are Pieuvre Armaments (based out of France). As for the commander, I am more than willing to try and find a real-life photo for that, but less willing to compromise association for reality.

Looking back on it, the non-descriptness of the storefront is my own fault. I designed it like someone making a sales bid, and I only now realize that it might not have been the best choice. I can, however, flesh things out immensely.

The logo is the tricky part. I am not very good at photo editing. Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who might take requests?
*No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy.
*If your positions are firmly set and you are prepared to take the enemy assault on, he will bypass you.
*If your ambush is properly set, the enemy won't walk into it.
*If your flank march is going well, the enemy expects you to outflank him.
~Murphy's Laws of War

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Republic of Akan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:38 pm

Aurora Confederacy wrote:still the same old ideas though.

True. There has also been a recent influx of rather barebones companies. Now I'm no expert in this field (I'm not even a full-fledged member of the bureau), but some of the new "ideas" are pretty poorly conceived. I don't want to mention any names, but some businesses just take up space. Their owners, not realizing that their company has very little market potential, make hopeless bumps that have little to no effect on business.

In this sense, I have begun to wonder if the Bureau should provide "active" help, as in, reach out to failing businesses directly and provide advice. Not really sure about you guys, but this could be pretty helpful for first time posters.

I second this. There have been so many one liner spam storefronts that get a disproportionate amount of business then the well thought out ones. Honestly, the only good storefronts that are getting business is your NGA thing. Great idea with NGA btw, I love it! But the mediumly good fronts get the most business. Orcrando Airlines is winning, along with all the new arms fronts.
EDIT: Like, I really do not understand This
Last edited by The Free Republic of Akan on Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade