NATION

PASSWORD

NS PMC Guild (Industry Guild - OOC/Sign up)

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:59 am

You guys still recruiting? I've thought about GE&T for months without ever doing anything here or really entering it, I've also thought about doing a PMC but last time I worked on it was when I ended up dropping all of the NS stuff I was working on and stepping away from it for a bit. I'm thinking of trying it again with my nation Korjo, and actually getting a storefront set up. I consider myself alright at thread coding, fortunately, but it would be nice to work with some people that know more about actually running this kind of thing.
don't tread on me

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 19, 2016
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby USG Security Corporation » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:54 pm

Forest State wrote:You guys still recruiting? I've thought about GE&T for months without ever doing anything here or really entering it, I've also thought about doing a PMC but last time I worked on it was when I ended up dropping all of the NS stuff I was working on and stepping away from it for a bit. I'm thinking of trying it again with my nation Korjo, and actually getting a storefront set up. I consider myself alright at thread coding, fortunately, but it would be nice to work with some people that know more about actually running this kind of thing.

Yes, we're still recruiting and around and probably always will be. We have a few members that can help you out with putting a storefront together. It should be stated for the record that a storefront or GE&T presence is not mandatory for joining. We also take members that RP PMCs in other forums, or have them as part of their national canon in someway.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:44 pm

And after a bit of thinking about it and working on it, the Korjian PMC is up. Might as well take a look and see if it works for the guild, although we handle security also and not just military operations.
don't tread on me

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby USG Security Corporation » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:09 pm

Forest State wrote:And after a bit of thinking about it and working on it, the Korjian PMC is up. Might as well take a look and see if it works for the guild, although we handle security also and not just military operations.

Good start. I like that you're starting out small, from humble beginnings and focused on small contracts. That's very realistic.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:48 pm

USG Security Corporation wrote:
Forest State wrote:And after a bit of thinking about it and working on it, the Korjian PMC is up. Might as well take a look and see if it works for the guild, although we handle security also and not just military operations.

Good start. I like that you're starting out small, from humble beginnings and focused on small contracts. That's very realistic.

Yeah. I figured I'd mix in traditional security stuff and expand into international things over time instead of starting out with an entire private army. Just need some actual jobs to start out with.
don't tread on me

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby USG Security Corporation » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:11 am

Forest State wrote:Yeah. I figured I'd mix in traditional security stuff and expand into international things over time instead of starting out with an entire private army. Just need some actual jobs to start out with.

I will keep my ears and eyes out. Are you looking for just GE&T transactions or actual RPs to join on the NS/II forums?

Also, what do we think fellow Guild? Any objections to membership for Korjo/Clover?

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:24 am

Forest State wrote:Yeah. I figured I'd mix in traditional security stuff and expand into international things over time instead of starting out with an entire private army. Just need some actual jobs to start out with.

I will keep my ears and eyes out. Are you looking for just GE&T transactions or actual RPs to join on the NS/II forums?

Also, what do we think fellow Guild? Any objections to membership for Korjo/Clover?

Probably some of both. I'm looking at getting into one IFC RP and actually RPing the PMC activities, but extra business on the storefront would be good.
don't tread on me

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby USG Security Corporation » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:41 am

Works for me. Good luck with the RP. I don't think there's any objection to membership. What we need from you is some kind of acknowledgement of our charter,, and possibly some sort of intro that we put into this post. Beyond that, it's not a requirement, but putting the NS PMC Guild logo into your storefront per solidarity and licensing and bonding matters is much appreciated, if you would. Welcome aboard!
Last edited by USG Security Corporation on Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:33 pm

USG Security Corporation wrote:Works for me. Good luck with the RP. I don't think there's any objection to membership. What we need from you is some kind of acknowledgement of our charter,, and possibly some sort of intro that we put into this post. Beyond that, it's not a requirement, but putting the NS PMC Guild logo into your storefront per solidarity and licensing and bonding matters is much appreciated, if you would. Welcome aboard!

Sounds good. I'll update the thread tomorrow and add something about the Guild/charter.
don't tread on me

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby USG Security Corporation » Tue May 01, 2018 10:31 am

So, this storefont/economic discussion thread doesn't see much action these days, but hopefully that will change. We do have many members involved in the Shrapnel Is Making Music RP.

Also, I will give a little teaser here...We are in the works of planning another RP that will involve using our now imfamous free lancer/Guild regulars (whoever survives the Shrapnel missions, anyway) to be the core of an anti-poaching team that will work closely with a host nation's government (TBD) and park rangers to curtail the hunting of endangered species. They will need more contractors for the team. If you're interested or have ideas, let us know. As our other RP starts to wrap up, a sign up for the new RP will appear in the Nationstates subforum.

Also still taking Guild membership applicants. Thanks.

Dominara
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dominara » Tue May 01, 2018 11:01 am

Yeah, I'm interested in joining.

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby USG Security Corporation » Tue May 01, 2018 11:20 am

Dominara wrote:

Yeah, I'm interested in joining.

Can you describe your PMC, or give us a link to an RP thread or storefront?

Freilibre
Envoy

Founded: Mar 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Freilibre » Tue May 01, 2018 4:54 pm

I’m interested in applying my own PMC as well, but I’m still working on the description and the equipment

⬤ United World Member | Security Council ⬤
Commonwealth of Freilibre

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby USG Security Corporation » Wed May 02, 2018 10:33 am

I appreciate the interest. I know there's no proper application, but we're looking for more indepth decriptions on companies from potential members to the Guild, and RP or storefront links, as well as the willingness to answer follow up questions.

Dominara
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dominara » Wed May 02, 2018 4:54 pm

Dominara wrote:Yeah, I'm interested in joining.

Can you describe your PMC, or give us a link to an RP thread or storefront?

Sorry, I kinda forgot about this thread. I'm a new nation, so I've only participated in one RP thread, and it's more of a diplomatic function. But yeah, I can post a link:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=440844
Right now I'm figuring out where I want my nation to go in relation to RPs. As such, a storefront should be up once I've figured out the direction Dominara is going.
Last edited by Dominara on Wed May 02, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby USG Security Corporation » Wed May 02, 2018 6:08 pm

Dominara wrote:Sorry, I kinda forgot about this thread. I'm a new nation, so I've only participated in one RP thread, and it's more of a diplomatic function. But yeah, I can post a link:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=440844
Right now I'm figuring out where I want my nation to go in relation to RPs. As such, a storefront should be up once I've figured out the direction Dominara is going.

I guess my bad on not being clear, but by RP link, I meant one that was specifically a post that described your PMC and had operators from that PMC in action. Not just any RP thread link. So, yeah, check back in with us when you get that all straightened out and have a storefront together.

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby USG Security Corporation » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:51 am

We are planning a great RP for the new year that will involve combating an indigenous Marxist rebellion supported by the ISVC on the Dachine archipelago. If interested, but not a member of the Guild, I suggest you think about applying because that is the way for entry into this RP for the anti-leftist forces.
Contact me if you have questions or post here.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:10 pm

Where is the app? I haven't RPed the mercenary characters I have yet, but I'm interested to.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby USG Security Corporation » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:33 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:Where is the app? I haven't RPed the mercenary characters I have yet, but I'm interested to.

There's no application. Usually, we either accept a link to a PMC storefront, or to a link to you RPing them. In this case, since you haven't RP'd them in a post, a good description of them might be in order.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:08 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:Where is the app? I haven't RPed the mercenary characters I have yet, but I'm interested to.

There's no application. Usually, we either accept a link to a PMC storefront, or to a link to you RPing them. In this case, since you haven't RP'd them in a post, a good description of them might be in order.

The bulk of their group is Aztec-themed, SWAT-like mooks with a handful of ninja-like operatives. The main characters though, are a loose team of assassins who are very different from each other:

• Kyoko "The Eliminator": Super soldier with enhanced physical capabilities. Uses a rifle, a sword, and a pair of guns.
  • Charles: The world's first (arguably) sentient robot spy.
  • Karma: Mysterious masked vigilante, pretty much Red Hood with Hidan's scythe as a bonus.
  • Shadow Judge: The leader. Probably won't do anything but give orders from his South American hideout.
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby USG Security Corporation » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:07 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:

The bulk of their group is Aztec-themed, SWAT-like mooks with a handful of ninja-like operatives. The main characters though, are a loose team of assassins who are very different from each other:

• Kyoko "The Eliminator": Super soldier with enhanced physical capabilities. Uses a rifle, a sword, and a pair of guns.
  • Charles: The world's first (arguably) sentient robot spy.
  • Karma: Mysterious masked vigilante, pretty much Red Hood with Hidan's scythe as a bonus.
  • Shadow Judge: The leader. Probably won't do anything but give orders from his South American hideout.

Wow! Interesting group there. So, a few things:
1. Not giving you an automatic 'No', but, most of what we do is set in MT to PMT. That means any FT or Fantech isn't going to really fly in most of the RPs we do. Not to say that we will NEVER do those type of RPs, but...it's not in our usual repertoire. So, robot spy - no. Magic scythe - no. Super soldier that is superior to any other well trained soldier or operative - definite no in most any tech, unless you get a specific okay from those you RP with. The following other points are also in the framework of a MT/PMT PMC, so just keep that in mind.
2. What is the name of this group?
3. Is there really only 4 of them? In realistic terms, that doesn't really pop up on most radars when dealing with national or large level contracts and other business dealings with legitimate clients. Clients need a highly trained group, but they also want numbers. That type of group might get hired by an organized crime outfit or small company, but...again, that's touch and go at best with the RPs that we do.
4. Besides the previously mentioned missing info, what type of equipment do they utilize?
5. What type of missions do they take on and train for?

There's more, but that's a start. I'd be happy to brainstorm with you. TG me and we can discuss stuff and I can help you develop this group with some more info, and possibly make variants for different RP techs.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:14 pm

1. Karma's scythe ain't magical. It's just awesome. (3 blades and a line? Awesome!)

2. Order of Shadow

3. The rest are mooks. The 4 are the only main characters.

4. Kyoko and Karma have motorcycles. Charles has everything he needs in his body. (Or rather, it, since robots are genderless).

5. The mooks are often hired as border gurads for nations around South America. The characters take on equally tough contenders. Kyoko and Charles mostly care about the challenge, while Karma takes contracts from criminals who want to kill each other.

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby USG Security Corporation » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:55 am

Well, I'm still going to ask for other PMCs to join here, or if already a member of the Guild, to reaffirm that you're still on board with us. We do have a pretty exciting RP coming up in the next month.

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:04 pm

USG Security Corporation wrote:Well, I'm still going to ask for other PMCs to join here, or if already a member of the Guild, to reaffirm that you're still on board with us. We do have a pretty exciting RP coming up in the next month.

Tempted to offer parts of 90th Zeta Group. They're an ecclectic bunch of misfits though.

They're currently between contracts due to an ally violating what would've been the 8th rule of the charter by using a violation of the 6th rule of the charter in a friendly-fire incident, prompting an ad-hoc retaliation of equal counter-force.

Things escalated quickly, but otherwise they abide by the rules and have served with considerable distinction on the opening months of the corprate-wars.

Although rules of engagement do tend to get flung out the window when allies start flinging nuclear weapons at your corprate headquarters on valentine's day.
-This'd be... the eigth time it has happened this dacade. Griffencrest Corporation and Black Hand of Nod can confirm at least half of them.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:If there was only a "like" button for NS posts....

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby USG Security Corporation » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:20 pm

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:
USG Security Corporation wrote:Well, I'm still going to ask for other PMCs to join here, or if already a member of the Guild, to reaffirm that you're still on board with us. We do have a pretty exciting RP coming up in the next month.

Tempted to offer parts of 90th Zeta Group. They're an ecclectic bunch of misfits though.

They're currently between contracts due to an ally violating what would've been the 8th rule of the charter by using a violation of the 6th rule of the charter in a friendly-fire incident, prompting an ad-hoc retaliation of equal counter-force.

Things escalated quickly, but otherwise they abide by the rules and have served with considerable distinction on the opening months of the corprate-wars.

Although rules of engagement do tend to get flung out the window when allies start flinging nuclear weapons at your corprate headquarters on valentine's day.
-This'd be... the eigth time it has happened this dacade. Griffencrest Corporation and Black Hand of Nod can confirm at least half of them.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, as always, Hurtful, even when I don't understand what the hell you're talking about. We're going to limit to a battalion size (1,000 personnel, no matter how your company is organized) for each PMC for this particular RP. Also, as I know you tend to push the limits on this - firm PMT limit.
Last edited by USG Security Corporation on Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade