NATION

PASSWORD

NS PMC Guild (Industry Guild - OOC/Sign up)

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:00 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:
New Roman Empire wrote:Hey everyone

Wow! You're back. Welcome back.

New Roman Empire wrote:If you have a PMC company, then you can apply to join. The over goal is to bring customers closer to our storefronts

Basically this. We do try to get RPs going together and also swing business (GE&T or II RPs) towards members who want or need it. Also forming a united front against the anti-PMC crowd.

Yeah lol its been awhile haha
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:49 pm

It has. I was about ready to scrub Xirvo from the membership list. Welcome back.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Aeyariss
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aeyariss » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:50 pm

Creating a PMC is harder than I thought.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:29 pm

Aeyariss wrote:Creating a PMC is harder than I thought.

Pimpin' ain't eazy.
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:10 am

So, all kidding aside, maybe I could help guide you in the right direction.

Some of this is not directed so much to you, Aeyariss, as to the newer players, who tend to create a PMC as one of their first storefronts on NS. We see a lot of them come and go, with varying degrees of quality. Usually they disappear quick, along with the player, who CTEs after discovering how much reading and writing NS actually entails. Some get resurrected every few months or so, but there doesn't seem to be any plan for longevity with these new start up PMCs.

The way I see it, you can go two directions with a PMC (made for NS). One that's made for RP purposes in II or NS forums, etc, and the other choice is to gear towards quick turnover of clients/customers. Just for the business aspect of it, in other words. Depending on which way you want to go, your thread will probably reflect that. If you pack it with too much info, you risk driving away customers who don't want to read through too much to get to the 'sexy' stuff, but if that's not your concern, having that background info will help you towards future RP.

A common format I see for those that just want to generate lots of business is listing a brief bio of the company; founders/owners and personnel; units; arms utilized; pricing and packages and a few ground rules and guidelines that you adhere to. Usually with lots of flashy banners, logos and images in there, taken from video games and other sites. Not to say that there's anything wrong with this approach, but it is really specifically geared towards that high turnover. You're going to attract clients who don't want to RP beyond the thread itself, or at the most, claim your personnel as canon for whatever operation or security set up they have going.

Personally, I don't care about high contract turnover, so I have just had fun writing history, bios and other fun facts about my PMC in my storefront thread. It might turn off those who don't want to do a lot of reading, but for those with the interest, it's there. I've gotten enough feedback to know that some folks do appreciate the rich back story of the organization. It's there so I can refer back for my own purposes when I'm RPing, and for other players RPing with me to get a better idea of where my contractors are coming from.

Either approach you take, having a unique backstory to why your PMC formed will help you stand out from the glut of other NS PMCs previously mentioned. The more you can tie it in with your national canon, the richer the story you'll have.

For some perspective: My PMC has a long history, starting in the 15th century as a Swiss Free Company style unit that was popular in the RL Middle Ages, and evolving and adapting over time to become a larger, modern PMC. The history of the USG is heavily intertwined with my nation. In order to fill out that canon of my PMC, I seek out PT RPs (not too common to find) to get involved in to fill out more of my backstory.

There's more to it, and I'm sure some other Guild members could give you some good pointers, but hopefully that's a good start.

Anyway, sorry for being long winded, but I wanted to also give pointers to some of the others starting out in the PMC biz, newbie and vet alike.
My Factbook

Mediciano
Envoy

Founded: Mar 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mediciano » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:30 pm

Hi there! I just wanted you to know that Toro Mercenario has been taken over by my alt New Korinth and renamed Thermopylae Solutions. Can the list be updated to reflect that or should I reapply? Otherwise, it is still an active company.
Last edited by Mediciano on Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun May 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Mediciano wrote:Hi there! I just wanted you to know that Toro Mercenario has been taken over by my alt New Korinth and renamed Thermopylae Solutions. Can the list be updated to reflect that or should I reapply? Otherwise, it is still an active company.

I don't see why we can't just transfer membership over. Maybe you could TG me a little write up on Thermopylae to put in the OP company intros, unless it's completely the same backstory as Toro with a name change. I am overdue to revamp and update all that.
My Factbook

Wandering Argonians
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wandering Argonians » Tue May 03, 2016 10:22 am

I threw something new up today, if anyone is interested. Guild members will receive preferential treatment in terms of ultimately being selected for the operation, unless someone else drops an impressive application. :)

Off The Books:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=376807
-Member; NationStates Private Military Corporation Guild (NSPMCG)
-Member; Galactic Economic and Security Organization (GESO)

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed May 04, 2016 12:45 pm

Wandering Argonians wrote:I threw something new up today, if anyone is interested. Guild members will receive preferential treatment in terms of ultimately being selected for the operation, unless someone else drops an impressive application. :)

Off The Books:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=376807

I'm assuming that we're doing a sort of RP'd IC post of our character accepting the job offer? I hope to get a post up soon, tonight or tomorrow.
My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:13 am

I just wanted to give Viking a boost here, as I think that it's criminally unfair that they aren't getting more notice. Great idea, great company, great guy. Air power for rent? How many wars could be won with having a full air fleet at your command without having the associated maintenance and personnel costs during peace time? Hit this guy up.
My Factbook

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 19, 2016
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby USG Security Corporation » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:14 am

This never seemed to go anywhere, but another WA attempt to regulate our industry. I do try to keep up with that stuff. If you all see something along those lines or any other references or actions on NS that could effect our industry, pass it along. This storefront will get an update soon, I promise. I have a lot in the works. We have a couple RPs going with Blackwood and the Uli-Schwyz, and if you all have any that your PMC is involved in, let me know as I'd like to help promote it.

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011

Postby Common Territories » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:55 pm

USG Security Corporation wrote:This never seemed to go anywhere, but another WA attempt to regulate our industry. I do try to keep up with that stuff. If you all see something along those lines or any other references or actions on NS that could effect our industry, pass it along. This storefront will get an update soon, I promise. I have a lot in the works. We have a couple RPs going with Blackwood and the Uli-Schwyz, and if you all have any that your PMC is involved in, let me know as I'd like to help promote it.

Meh. I don't think they're going to ever pass one tbh. They're too busy trying to take your country's independence away in other sectors ;)

Not like it stops everyone from doing what they do. I mean, there's stuff on war and arms sales in there I think and I don't follow that garbage. So don't let big-bad WA bully any of you :)

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby USG Security Corporation » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:55 pm

Common Territories wrote:
USG Security Corporation wrote:This never seemed to go anywhere, but another WA attempt to regulate our industry. I do try to keep up with that stuff. If you all see something along those lines or any other references or actions on NS that could effect our industry, pass it along. This storefront will get an update soon, I promise. I have a lot in the works. We have a couple RPs going with Blackwood and the Uli-Schwyz, and if you all have any that your PMC is involved in, let me know as I'd like to help promote it.

Meh. I don't think they're going to ever pass one tbh. They're too busy trying to take your country's independence away in other sectors ;)

Not like it stops everyone from doing what they do. I mean, there's stuff on war and arms sales in there I think and I don't follow that garbage. So don't let big-bad WA bully any of you :)

OOC, it doesn't really matter much. I know we've had this talk before, but really, I don't know that any of us fear the WA. What can they do? Where would the enforcement come from? It's the line between gameplay and RP. RP-wise, are we going to do anything different than we have before because someone said contractors (big bad mercenaries) are a no-no?
No, not really. Do most RPers care about gameplay and voting and answering the random generated issues? I very much doubt it.

Why do they bother then?
These WA legislative attempts are fluff and exercises in finding a target 'bogeyman' to keep busy and worked up over. In the same token for us, they're something to rally around and give a boost to like minded players running PMCs and remind people that we're here, as a united front. We're the Guild. We care about how we're portrayed. As a group, we can remind everyone that we can be instrumental to an RP and add a good storyline, a vet RP experience, and maybe, hopefully, a bit of realism. At the very least, if just through a GE&T transaction, we prop up a bit of canon of someone who is being honest that the nation they created doesn't have the armed reach they want without some help.

If there's anything I would really take seriously as an issue, it would be some client in an RP yanking the rug out from a fellow Guild member, and stabbing them in the back in the middle of a contract. Like any other alliance, if one of us gets attacked, the others should come to their aid. As businesses front and foremost, we have the added benefit that we also can garner money and network in this forum as an industry, but we have the opportunity to cross the fence to the NS and II forums to represent ourselves as a force to be reckoned with there, in addition.

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby USG Security Corporation » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:53 am

Wow! Been well over a year since last posting to here.

We're still going, with the Shrapnel is Making Music RP and other plans in the works.
Looks like the OOC side is sliding as well as keeping up on membership.

First things first, my real purpose in posting is that we seem to have lost the link to our main logo graphic, created by a long since CTE'd member. We will need a new one unless I think up a way to recover the old one (Unfortunately, I never re-saved it to a more stable platform). Any interested parties willing to take that task on - That want to have a graphics project and create our new and improved logo for the Guild? We will pay you in cookies! (or ICly a nice sum in $ NSD to your NS based graphics firm.)

Azadeshia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Azadeshia » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:07 am

Parminder's Indian Sweets are interested viewtopic.php?f=6&t=426790

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby USG Security Corporation » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:37 am

Azadeshia wrote:Parminder's Indian Sweets are interested viewtopic.php?f=6&t=426790

You're interested in creating a new Guild logo for us?

Osiris Global Security
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Osiris Global Security » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:26 am

Hello fellow PMCs. I have recently made Osiris Global Security to act as a Technocratic, space age tech PMC. I currently can't find anyone who wants to RP, and wish to set up a storefront for the guild. In other words, I would like to join the guild. Please consider our company. Thank you

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby USG Security Corporation » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Osiris Global Security wrote:Hello fellow PMCs. I have recently made Osiris Global Security to act as a Technocratic, space age tech PMC. I currently can't find anyone who wants to RP, and wish to set up a storefront for the guild. In other words, I would like to join the guild. Please consider our company. Thank you

Hey, yeah! Great! Well, let us know if you need any advice on putting together the storefront. In the meantime, in the interests of vetting membership, perhaps you could tell us a bit more about yourself. Do you RP usually out of another account? Can you give us a bit more indepth info on Osiris?

We do have a new logo on the way courtesy of a friend.

Also, if you're interested in an RP, we have the Shrapnel Is Making Music RP, which unfortunately, is not FT but MT-PMT. But...if you wanted to submit a free lancer character, or perhaps a rep from an early incarnation of Osiris from around the present day, we would be happy to consider admittance. I can give you more info on that RP if you are interested.

Osiris Global Security
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Osiris Global Security » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:03 am

USG Security Corporation wrote:
Osiris Global Security wrote:Hello fellow PMCs. I have recently made Osiris Global Security to act as a Technocratic, space age tech PMC. I currently can't find anyone who wants to RP, and wish to set up a storefront for the guild. In other words, I would like to join the guild. Please consider our company. Thank you

Hey, yeah! Great! Well, let us know if you need any advice on putting together the storefront. In the meantime, in the interests of vetting membership, perhaps you could tell us a bit more about yourself. Do you RP usually out of another account? Can you give us a bit more indepth info on Osiris?

We do have a new logo on the way courtesy of a friend.

Also, if you're interested in an RP, we have the Shrapnel Is Making Music RP, which unfortunately, is not FT but MT-PMT. But...if you wanted to submit a free lancer character, or perhaps a rep from an early incarnation of Osiris from around the present day, we would be happy to consider admittance. I can give you more info on that RP if you are interested.

Ok so ill be able to do much much more Thursday night till january 4th. That's when i have my phone and when my christmas break is. I do need some general advice about setting up a store front. . I do normally RP with my nation Eeumeria but if at all possible, I would like to rp with Osiris. Now on to the lore

In the year 2047, one of the key members of the once well known Voidwalker team and retired Chief Petty Officer and Storm team member (Navy SEAL) decided to return to his home country of Eeumeria for his hiatus. He quickly learns that his home nation, and home planet Merith are suffering from a rather noticeable issue. Since the Eeumerian military is focused on conquesting space and beyond, Merith doesn't have much protection at all. In response to this, the former Chief Petty Officer sets up the Osiris Security Force to grab the attention of the Eeumerian Government. Although they were a small force,The technology Chief Ackerson had access to allowed Osiris to take care of all there contracts with ease. The Eeumerians catch this activity and summon Chief Ackerson to arrange a contract. It was then that the Global Security commision was signed and the Osiris Security Force became Osiris Global Security. The Eeumerians pay the company a massive salary to maintain a general peace whilst other Merithian nations or persons can call on Osiris for Contracts.
That is where we stand today.
Last edited by Osiris Global Security on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby USG Security Corporation » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:19 pm

Osiris Global Security wrote:
Ok so ill be able to do much much more Thursday night till january 4th. That's when i have my phone and when my christmas break is. I do need some general advice about setting up a store front. . I do normally RP with my nation Eeumeria but if at all possible, I would like to rp with Osiris. Now on to the lore

In the year 2047, one of the key members of the once well known Voidwalker team and retired Chief Petty Officer and Storm team member (Navy SEAL) decided to return to his home country of Eeumeria for his hiatus. He quickly learns that his home nation, and home planet Merith are suffering from a rather noticeable issue. Since the Eeumerian military is focused on conquesting space and beyond, Merith doesn't have much protection at all. In response to this, the former Chief Petty Officer sets up the Osiris Security Force to grab the attention of the Eeumerian Government. Although they were a small force,The technology Chief Ackerson had access to allowed Osiris to take care of all there their contracts with ease. The Eeumerians catch this activity and summon Chief Ackerson to arrange a contract. It was then that the Global Security commission was signed and the Osiris Security Force became Osiris Global Security. The Eeumerians pay the company a massive salary to maintain a general peace whilst other Merithian nations or persons can call on Osiris for Contracts.

No problem on what account you RP with, just curious as I had a feeling that you had another account and weren't brand spanking new to NS with only 2 posts. Lol.

As for the rest...What Osiris has with the Eeumerian government is called a retainer contract. Not that rare. The USG has the same deal with Neu Engollon, although it's not publicly acknowledged, but widely known. Basically, they may be fulfilling other contracts but if Neu Engollon is invaded or threatened, those contracts are dropped and they jump to the aid of the mother country, so to speak. It has been known to happen in RL instances too. Or, sometimes a government has say in what clients a PMC registered in their nation will take on, like American PMC's would not be given the green light by the US government to take on as clients Islamic Radicals or other groups deemed hostile to US interests.

Are they generally used as a Eeumerian peacekeeping force? Because that's the impression.

Also, who did Chief Ackerson recruit to Osiris? Fellow vets from the Eeumerian military? An open recruitment? Merithians? Were off-worlders welcome to join?

Osiris Global Security
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Osiris Global Security » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:30 am

USG Security Corporation wrote:
Osiris Global Security wrote:

In the year 2047, one of the key members of the once well known Voidwalker team and retired Chief Petty Officer and Storm team member (Navy SEAL) decided to return to his home country of Eeumeria for his hiatus. He quickly learns that his home nation, and home planet Merith are suffering from a rather noticeable issue. Since the Eeumerian military is focused on conquesting space and beyond, Merith doesn't have much protection at all. In response to this, the former Chief Petty Officer sets up the Osiris Security Force to grab the attention of the Eeumerian Government. Although they were a small force,The technology Chief Ackerson had access to allowed Osiris to take care of all there their contracts with ease. The Eeumerians catch this activity and summon Chief Ackerson to arrange a contract. It was then that the Global Security commission was signed and the Osiris Security Force became Osiris Global Security. The Eeumerians pay the company a massive salary to maintain a general peace whilst other Merithian nations or persons can call on Osiris for Contracts.

No problem on what account you RP with, just curious as I had a feeling that you had another account and weren't brand spanking new to NS with only 2 posts. Lol.

As for the rest...What Osiris has with the Eeumerian government is called a retainer contract. Not that rare. The USG has the same deal with Neu Engollon, although it's not publicly acknowledged, but widely known. Basically, they may be fulfilling other contracts but if Neu Engollon is invaded or threatened, those contracts are dropped and they jump to the aid of the mother country, so to speak. It has been known to happen in RL instances too. Or, sometimes a government has say in what clients a PMC registered in their nation will take on, like American PMC's would not be given the green light by the US government to take on as clients Islamic Radicals or other groups deemed hostile to US interests.

Are they generally used as a Eeumerian peacekeeping force? Because that's the impression.

Also, who did Chief Ackerson recruit to Osiris? Fellow vets from the Eeumerian military? An open recruitment? Merithians? Were off-worlders welcome to join?

Yes. Essentially the Eeumerian's made the retainer to use them as a peacekeeping force whilst they go on their space empire adventures. And at first, Chief Ackerson held an open recruitment and allowed one of is friends from the rival space faring nation Etlara. He didn't have that many operators at first, and were restricted to Eeumerians only. Once Osiris became a Global PMC, Chief Ackerson opened recruitment to anyone within the Etlaran and Eeumerian space Empires.

About the Shrapnel is Making music rp. Ill be able to dial back Chief Ackerson to our pre space era. He will still have some of the best technology, but none of it will be FT

Wandering Argonians
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wandering Argonians » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:47 am

I have a few 'Future Tech' firms for the far-future tech version of my nation, but they're still based around a non-human species. I've not listed them on here because most of our members are MT/PMT. Hit me up in the Discord chat or via a telegram if you're interested.
-Member; NationStates Private Military Corporation Guild (NSPMCG)
-Member; Galactic Economic and Security Organization (GESO)

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby USG Security Corporation » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:21 pm

I also have this vision for both FT Neu Engollon and the USG Security Corporation that I would like to develop in FT RPs:

There was this episode on Dr. Who where future Britain was relegated to a handful of galactic cruisers and the earthbound territory of the UK was apocalyptically destroyed. Kind of like BSG with all of humanity. I envision FT Neu Engollon as being like that, with the planetary version being destroyed and the remnants surviving on a small fleet in space, nomading to wherever the resources are and wherever it's safe. The USG would operate out of that fleet in some capacity, taking on contracts, to bring in more resources to the mother fleet.*

[* Recopied from Discord.]

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:41 pm

Turd-dah!

viewtopic.php?p=14776041&sid=c5029f5d8b586a042ddc51f88e04395d#p14776041

New logo for the Guild courtesy of Sarlsvert!

Members are asked to put this on their storefront (if they have one) or use it in a manner fitting. It's not mandatory, but it would be most helpful to spread the word and show a united front.
My Factbook

USG Security Corporation
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby USG Security Corporation » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:03 am

Did any current members have any issues with Osiris joining the Guild? I'm inclined to rubber stamp this through, but if there's a strong objection, I'll listen.

Also, belatedly, I realize we never went through any formal vetting process with Bushido Solutions (New Aeyariss), so if there's any objections there, let me know as well.
Last edited by USG Security Corporation on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade