NATION

PASSWORD

Lochness Graphic & Storefront Design Thread (Closed)

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Lochinver
Envoy

Founded: Jun 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Lochness Graphic & Storefront Design Thread (Closed)

Postby Lochinver » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:56 am

Yes, well, my name is Lochinver, and this is Jackass a graphics design thread. Now, for the last few weeks, I have been trying to push the limits of GIMP and NS's BB Coding. I haven't gone the farthest, but I've gotten a bit better than a couple months ago, as is demonstrated in my FT and MT storefronts. Now, since I use to be a very small part (punitively small part) of an inactive graphic design thread, I shall use that thread to explain my intention. *single tear*

Howdy there partner! Welcome to Tipper mc Westy's graphics. This thread use to be run by (The Western Reaches) and Tippercommon, but is under new management. I recommend that you read over the various sections of this thread so you see how things run, and so that your request is valid.

Well, anything really. Any 2D graphics needed for your nation or your nationstates experience in general we can certainly manage. I also do storefront design and storefront consultation. Please consult the second post for specifics.

Before you ask:
- I use GIMP. I don't use Photoshop, I don't use MSPaint, I don't use Inkscape, I don't use my wee, I use GIMP.

Whoa hold on there buckaroo! Let me first go over some guidelines for your request. If you follow these, you'll make sure your design is produced quickly and to the highest standard:

• First, CHECK THE TAG. If the thread's title and first post read "OPEN", you're free to post, if "CLOSED", we've got too much backlog for your request and will not be open again until the current pending designs have been completed. If you post a request while we are closed it will be disregarded and you will have to post again when we are open. You cannot reserve a place in the queue for when we are open. Continuous posting while we're closed will result in a permanent ban from the thread. You will also probably be yelled at.
  • Please don't be rude to anyone else on the thread (that includes us). No one wants you to be happy with your design more than me, and we're happy to modify anything if you're not completely happy with it. If it's not exactly what you wanted, all you have to do is specify what needs changing.
  • Be specific, I'm not a Romanian psychic. Add in as much detail, as in, EXACTLY what you want, unless you want to purposefully leave elements open to my deranged artistic mind (dangerous idea, but it sometimes works :P).
  • Be patient, if your design is taking too long it's probably because it is complex and is taking time (this is especially prevalent in maps. They take ages). That being said, don't be afraid to check up on the status of your design. It may just be we've missed or forgotten your request.
  • Remember that I'm not obligated to actually make you anything. Sure, I'll do my best and will consult with you over any hurdles in the process, but in the end if your request is considered inappropriate I won't be doing it.

This is where finished designs will be kept for reference and egotistical purposes. Might post some old favourites here as examples too.

Backlog:
UDL Project
The Chieftaincy of Feeder Affairs
The Chieftaincy of Heraldry
The Chieftaincy of Orientation
The Chieftaincy of Intelligence
The Office of the Judge Advocate General
Last edited by Lochinver on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:44 am, edited 22 times in total.

Lochinver
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lochinver » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:10 am

Cropping, resizing, replacing white backgrounds with transparency, color changes in a flag, flag tweaks, resizing, a romantic dinner, and all of the above.

Tactical Weapon Card

Colored Weapon Cards

Tactical Map

Wikipedia Map

Political-Wikipedia Map

Headers
Regular

Blurred

Drop Shadow

Shadowy

White on Black

Transparent on Black

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:55 am

Hello, I would like to commission you to make a Wikipedia style map of the Free Republic of Lamoni.

The reference material which you'll need in order to make the map can be found on the Greater Dienstad Regional Map, which can be found here: http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb62/2821090/GD2012_14_03withoverlay.png . Lamoni can be found in the southeastern area of the map, and includes the southern half of Setif Island, which can be found to the north of the Lamonian mainland. If you could include a scale on the map, that would help as well.

Thank you so much for your efforts, which are much appreciated. This map will help me in innumerable ways in my RPs, and i've chosen you to make it after seeing the very good job which you and your friends did with redesigning the Lyran Arms storefront.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:07 am

Hello, I was wondering if you could make a Wikipedia-styled map of the United Hellenic Republics.

The current map of the UHR can be found here.

Thanks a lot.
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Lochinver
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lochinver » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:42 am

Not quite sure why Srpska-Krajina deleted his request, so I'm just gonna dump it here:

Lochinver
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lochinver » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:17 am

Lamoni wrote:
Hello, I would like to commission you to make a Wikipedia style map of the Free Republic of Lamoni.

The reference material which you'll need in order to make the map can be found on the Greater Dienstad Regional Map, which can be found here: http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb62/2821090/GD2012_14_03withoverlay.png . Lamoni can be found in the southeastern area of the map, and includes the southern half of Setif Island, which can be found to the north of the Lamonian mainland. If you could include a scale on the map, that would help as well.

Thank you so much for your efforts, which are much appreciated. This map will help me in innumerable ways in my RPs, and i've chosen you to make it after seeing the very good job which you and your friends did with redesigning the Lyran Arms storefront.

Bodarkia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bodarkia » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:23 am

Can I have a tactical map of Bodarkia, please? Oh and it's about the size of France.
Last edited by Bodarkia on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:32 am

Hello there,

First of all, I would like to thank you for opening up this awesome thread. Second, I understand that this may be time-consuming, but it would be lovely if you can help me, as I am not a very good map maker myself.

I was wondering if you would be so kind as to create a wikipedia-style map (like Lamoni's one) for Yohannes? Don't worry, I have a national map, so it will not be from scratch. This is the map of Yohannes in northeast Gholgoth: http://iiwiki.wikkii.net/iiwiki/images/Yohannes_in_Northeast_Gholgoth.png

Finally, thank you very much and I understand (and will gladly wait for quite some time) if you are busy.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:49 am

Lochinver wrote:
Lamoni wrote:

Thank you very much for putting the effort into providing me with my first national map for Lamoni. I am also impressed with how quickly that you were able to create the map for me.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Lochinver
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lochinver » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:03 am

Yohannes wrote:
Hello there,

First of all, I would like to thank you for opening up this awesome thread. Second, I understand that this may be time-consuming, but it would be lovely if you can help me, as I am not a very good map maker myself.

I was wondering if you would be so kind as to create a wikipedia-style map (like Lamoni's one) for Yohannes? Don't worry, I have a national map, so it will not be from scratch. This is the map of Yohannes in northeast Gholgoth: http://iiwiki.wikkii.net/iiwiki/images/Yohannes_in_Northeast_Gholgoth.png

Finally, thank you very much and I understand (and will gladly wait for quite some time) if you are busy.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:04 am

Thank you! :p
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Lochinver
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lochinver » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:30 am

Premislyd wrote:
Hello, I was wondering if you could make a Wikipedia-styled map of the United Hellenic Republics.

The current map of the UHR can be found here.

Thanks a lot.

Lochinver
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lochinver » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:48 am

Bodarkia wrote:Can I have a tactical map of Bodarkia, please? Oh and it's about the size of France.

Bodarkia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bodarkia » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:52 am

Lochinver wrote:
Bodarkia wrote:Can I have a tactical map of Bodarkia, please? Oh and it's about the size of France.

That's great, thanks!

Masentur
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 30, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Masentur » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:58 am

Your work amazes me.... Simply amazing...

I would like to request a wikipedia style map for Masentur, as no current map exists...

Masentur is roughly the size of Libya, perhaps somewhat larger and mostly covered in deserts... I already want to thank you in advance and I am really looking forward to seeing the result; as I don't even have any idea how to shape the nation yet... Hoping you can help with that.
Nation's Devout and Beloved Leader: General Muhammed Esu Minyar Al-Saryaff

Factbook: Masentur (WiP)

National Anthem | National religion: Sunni Islam

Lochinver
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lochinver » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:00 am

Masentur wrote:Your work amazes me.... Simply amazing...

I would like to request a wikipedia style map for Masentur, as no current map exists...

Masentur is roughly the size of Libya, perhaps somewhat larger and mostly covered in deserts... I already want to thank you in advance and I am really looking forward to seeing the result; as I don't even have any idea how to shape the nation yet... Hoping you can help with that.

Does your nation have a similar coastline to Libya?

Masentur
Bureaucrat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Masentur » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:01 am

Lochinver wrote:
Masentur wrote:Your work amazes me.... Simply amazing...

Does your nation have a similar coastline to Libya?

Yes, similar to China's coastline too, because of a neighbouring nation's "Artificial" coast.

The Kingdom of Okwe
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kingdom of Okwe » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:05 am

Could I have a political-wikipedia map of my Nation please? This is the current map: http://nswiki.net/images/Kingdom_of_Okw ... mpa%29.JPG

Thankyou in advance! This is an amazing thing you're doing by the way :)

Oh..and where I've put writing could it be numbers instead?
Last edited by The Kingdom of Okwe on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kingdom of Okwe Factfile
Kingdom of Okwe Embassy Thread
Member of:
UEDN

Need an overseas call-centre for your nation? Click Here.

Lochinver
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lochinver » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:12 am

Masentur wrote:
Lochinver wrote:Does your nation have a similar coastline to Libya?

Yes, similar to China's coastline too, because of a neighbouring nation's "Artificial" coast.

Lochinver
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lochinver » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:36 am

The Kingdom of Okwe wrote:Could I have a political-wikipedia map of my Nation please? This is the current map: http://nswiki.net/images/Kingdom_of_Okw ... mpa%29.JPG

Lochinver
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lochinver » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:36 am

And a blast from the past, a map I made in January of 2011.

The Kingdom of Okwe
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kingdom of Okwe » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:48 am

Lochinver wrote:
The Kingdom of Okwe wrote:Could I have a political-wikipedia map of my Nation please? This is the current map: http://nswiki.net/images/Kingdom_of_Okw ... mpa%29.JPG

Thankyou :)
Kingdom of Okwe Factfile
Kingdom of Okwe Embassy Thread
Member of:
UEDN

Need an overseas call-centre for your nation? Click Here.

South Estovakia
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby South Estovakia » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:01 am

Wow. I though I was good at this...

Could you make a colored weapons card for all of these, in the color scheme of my storefront?
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=148794
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=150302
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=150438

And another request; could you possibly make that logo at the top of the page have a transparent background?

Don't rush yourself; I don't particularly have to have them anytime soon...
Again, great work you do here.

Masentur
Bureaucrat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Masentur » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:42 am

Lochinver wrote:
Masentur wrote:

You sir, made my day completely.

Kandorith
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:55 am

Utterly amazing work, I would like to request at least a Wikipedia styled map for the nation of Kandorith

Kandorith Sattelite Image

Outline minus smaller islands]

And if it is not much of a bother... (durh it is a lot of course.... I'm dumb today....)

I would also love a tactical map, Map improvements; as it is quite a rough map to be honest are utterly welcomed.

Kandorith is roughly somewhat larger than Russia, Tenshi Island the size comparable to Japan.

Thank you in advance
Great Empire of Kanyori | 大宮来国 | Arashi Kanyori Yokoku

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade