NATION

PASSWORD

BYD HEV E6 SUV

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
The BYD Corporation
Attaché

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

BYD HEV E6 SUV

Postby The BYD Corporation » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:43 pm

The BYD E6 is a vehicle that's comfortable in its own metal. And why wouldn't it be? Ever since its debut little more than a month ago, this midsize luxury crossover MPV has been a consumer favorite thanks to its plush ride, spacious interior, strong reliability record and appealing high-tech features. Couple that together with this vehicle being the world’s first independent 4WD dual mode electric MPV of which allows a driver will be able to travel in all-electric mode for 186 miles (300 km), and 311 miles (500 km) when the combustion engine is used.

It features an environmentally friendly 2.0L gas engine, a 10 kW electric motor (M1) paired with a smooth 6-speed dual-clutch transmission propels the front wheels. A 75kW electric motor (M2) powers the rear wheels. Nevertheless, the model uses a small electric BYD 14-horsepower (10-kW) motor which is connected to the front wheels, and 102-hp (75 kW-) motor sends power to the rear. Motor works with the 2.0-liter gasoline to extend the range.

Fully electric (BEV) mode:
At normal speeds, the vehicle can operate in its all-electric mode, with the electric motor (M2) propelling the rear wheels.

Hybrid gasoline-electric (HEV):
1. 2WD: The gasoline engine not only directly powers the vehicle, but also drives the electric motor (M1) at the front wheels to charge the battery pack.

2. 4WD: When more power is needed, the gas engine and the electric motor (M2) power the vehicle together. If the combined power is enough, the gasoline engine will also drive the electric motor (M1) to charge the battery pack. As speed increases, the gasoline engine can take over seamlessly with support from the 6-speed DCT; when braking, the gas engine automatically shuts down and the electric motor (M2) takes over.

3. 2WD: When battery power is low and not much driving power is required, the gasoline engine drives the electric motor (M1) to charge the battery pack and the electric motor (M2) powers the vehicle by itself.

Standard features include 18-inch alloy wheels, foglights, heated outside mirrors, keyless ignition/entry, eight-way power front seats, a power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, second-row seats that slide and recline, cloth upholstery, wood interior trim, dual-zone automatic climate control, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity and a nine-speaker sound system with a six-CD changer, an auxiliary audio jack, an iPod/USB interface and satellite radio.

Safety Connect, a traditional telematics service with automatic collision notification, stolen vehicle locator and an emergency assistance button is also included. The E6 also includes the newly developed "i" System (also called "BYD-i" ). BYD-i was researched and developed by BYD independently, allowing many vehicle functions to be performed remotely by smartphone and using cloud-data for high-tech driving assistance. "i" is an intelligent, in-vehicle, network platform, wirelessly capable of communicating your vehicle system's information and providing remote-control access through your secure wireless devices. It achieves a secure-docking link that builds the next-generation "Car-Networking" infrastructure.

"i" has a simple, intuitive interface with 24-hour online call center access and emergency services from thousands of our provider-partners. "i" becomes an information portal with terminal access to services like; Keyless Entry System, DVD & Voice Navigation System, Mobile Digital TV and Rear Camera Parking Assistance. The new vehicle is continuously connected to the internet and the mobile communication network through BYD-i and therefore, owners can utilize their smartphones to lock and unlock car doors remotely, initiate air-conditioning (to heat or cool the interior), location-based services (and vehicle location), search for news, or real-time information (stocks / flights / weather), as well as communicate with a service call center for help or time of accident. Seamless access to these cloud data functions, make the E6 MPV the most advanced vehicle in its class – a forerunner and a standard-bearer again in the digital revolution.

Standard Included Features:
Bluetooth
iPod input
Satellite radio
Side/Curtain Airbags
Stability Control
Traction Control
BYD-i System

Dimensions
Length (mm/in.): 4560 (179.5)
Width (mm/in.): 1822 (71.7)
Height (mm/in.): 1645 (64.8)
Wheelbase (mm/in.): 2830 (111.4)
Track width (mm/in.)(F/R): 1585(62.4) / 1560(61.4)

General Specifications
Curb weight (kg/lb): 2380 (5247)
Maximum load-bearing weight (kg/lb): 375 (826.7)
Tires: 235/65 R17
Seating capacity: 5
Head room (mm/in.)(F/R): 937(36.9) / 889(35)
Shoulder room (mm/in.)(F/R): 1471(57.9) / 1454(57.2)
Hip room (mm/in.)(F/R): 1406(55.3) / 1340(52.7)
Leg room (mm/in.)(F/R): 1016(40) / 1188(46.7)
Cargo volume: 450L

Performance
Top speed: 140km / (87mph)
Minimum turning diameter (m/ft): 12 / 39.4
Minimum ground clearance (mm/in): 150 (5.9)
Approach angle/Departure angle: 21°/ 25°
Range: 300 km / 500 km
Power consumption: 3.1mile/kWh
Braking: Regenerative braking, front double calipers, rear single calipers,disc brake
Steering: EHPS
Maximum Power: 121hp(90kW)
Maximum Torque: 450N.m
Battery type: AEB battery
Capacity: 61.4kWh
VTOG 30kW AC charging: 2 h
SAE Level 2 AC charging: 5 to 7 h

Chassis
Suspension (F): Independent Dual Cross-Arm with Crosswise Stabilized Bars
Suspension (R): Independent Dual Rocker-Arm with Crosswise Stabilized Bars

Interested parties please make your orders here: BYD Corporation
Last edited by The BYD Corporation on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to Global Economics and Trade