NATION

PASSWORD

The Union (join us)

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:24 am

Harrylandd wrote:I would like to join if we are anti dictorships and extreme and we have to have a vote to alter the currency. but thats all lol :lol:

I think any single currency would be a BIG leap for a nation, and as a result I am not expecting every nation to sign up to it, some may see the risks as too great, hence the Aurora Confederacy offering a single currency that runs parrallel to member states domestic currency, so if one nation goes bust it doesn't drag the entire single currency with it

(IRL like Greece is doing at the moment with the euro)
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Former Yougoslav Macedonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Former Yougoslav Macedonia » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:28 am

The U£ would be pegged to the strongist currency in the Union therefore it would be.almost impossible for the single currency.to fail.
State Corporation successes.

Hotel Development. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=161082

Vineyard Sale. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=161102

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:32 am

Former Yougoslav Macedonia wrote:The U£ would be pegged to the strongist currency in the Union therefore it would be.almost impossible for the single currency.to fail.

R/L they said that about the euro!

IC
it only takes one or 2 to default on soverign debt and the entire single currency is at risk
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Former Yougoslav Macedonia » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:39 am

Aurora Confederacy wrote:
Former Yougoslav Macedonia wrote:The U£ would be pegged to the strongist currency in the Union therefore it would be.almost impossible for the single currency.to fail.

R/L they said that about the euro!

IC
it only takes one or 2 to default on soverign debt and the entire single currency is at risk

The euro only fell because they let greece in a greece doesnt pay any tax. All public employees simply do not have to pay any.

The Time Lords
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Time Lords » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 am

I have decided against this topic, i have other pressing matters to attend to i'm so sorry to have to drop out on all like this.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:41 am

The Time Lords wrote:I have decided against this topic, i have other pressing matters to attend to i'm so sorry to have to drop out on all like this.

no worries, I will pass this on to the European coalition

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Project Aurora, the state owned mega corporation is looking to put dealerships in various European countries,

The Diamond Star Marketplace is the home of good, affordable automotive products. Concentrating on heavy commercial vehicles, Diamond Star has an extensive range of Euro VI compliant trucks, including the successful Kvasir and DS900 models. The ultra smooth, ultra reliable sleeve valve engine design provides excellent economy and longevity of operation between service intervals.

Crothnar
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Crothnar » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:58 pm

I would like to join, as an American.
Last edited by Crothnar on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hossalia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hossalia » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:47 pm

What about a South American area?

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:17 pm

Our nation would like to join both the European Union and Asian Union, since we geographically fall between both (Astholm-Turkiye is one of three cross-continent nations).
However, Euro is not legal tender here, especially in Isle of Maren, all nations have the pound as their currency.
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Former Yougoslav Macedonia » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:19 pm

Astholm wrote:Our nation would like to join both the European Union and Asian Union, since we geographically fall between both (Astholm-Turkiye is one of three cross-continent nations).
However, Euro is not legal tender here, especially in Isle of Maren, all nations have the pound as their currency.

Good because the Unions currency is the pound.

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:21 pm

Former Yougoslav Macedonia wrote:
Astholm wrote:Our nation would like to join both the European Union and Asian Union, since we geographically fall between both (Astholm-Turkiye is one of three cross-continent nations).

That's the Astholmian Territories currency.

OOC: My region Astholmian Territories is like a 21st-century British Empire, with alternate history done for "rule of cool" purposes and some semi-realism.
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Wellboneland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wellboneland » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Can I still join? where do I go here?
Everyone has a plan til' they get punched in the mouth -Mike Tyson
my political compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
I know hat what I said I probably wrote poorly... but my past actions probably make more sense.

epic fail

Bro pride worldwide!
NS's resident Baltic Neo-Pagan.
I liked anime before it became mainstream. I'm serious, I did.
I am a epic ninja. Haters suck.

DanHoMe
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby DanHoMe » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:19 pm

Dear nations of The Union

The Kingdom of Dan Ho Me would like to join The Union, realizing that it would benefit not only ourselves, but also the other member nations. Dan Ho Me can contribute to The Union by lending member states the cultural and economic opportunities as well as a strong diplomatic voice in the WA. As a Third World country on the African continent diplomatic contacts are vital for the development of our country.

The Dan Ho Me office of international affairs

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DanHoMe
National info http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=160697&p=8216102hilit=DanHoMe#p8216102
Buy Luxorius and fashionable furniture http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=160719
Last edited by DanHoMe on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

West Vorshka
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby West Vorshka » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Former Yougoslav Macedonia wrote:Please disscuss the role of the Union Centeral Banking Authrity UCBA in the regulation of the U£

The Grand Permanent Secretary of Foreign Affairs and Grand Permanent Secretary of the Treasury of West Vorshka, Sir Richard Witarn and Sir Francis Gordon, delivered the following memorandum to members of the Union:

My Lords, Ladies, Gentlemen, Ladles, and Jellybeans,

We have before us some interesting options. The purpose of a Central Banking Authority is to provide a good monetary policy. What is good for one set of people may - indeed, we would say probably will not - be good for us all.

A Central Bank can aim for a certain level of employment with employment targets. This is not, in our experience, a widely-used practice. More usual is for a Central Bank to aim for a certain inflation target - but there comes a point when Quantitative Easing and higher inflation may make sense. What we do in Libraria and Ausitoria is to aim for a nominal GDP growth rate of 10% - our average annual rate of growth +2% inflation, which makes sure that in times of economic downturn; people are encouraged to invest as inflation rises rapidly; and we would recommend such a target.

A Central Bank also has the important job of acting as lender of last resort, which, for international currencies, immediately makes things interesting. Historically, if somebody were to be irresponsible in their finances, their debt would climb, nobody would buy it; and the central bank would step in and bail them out with printed money. However, printing money will cause inflation. Equally, not printing money will lead some countries to defaults, which could be followed by bank runs, insurance company bankruptcies, and subsequently sharp depressions if the entire banking sector collapses. If it doesn't, it would have to be saved by more bailouts - potentially causing the countries bailing out to run out of money themselves, even if their finances were fairly reasonable before.

In short, for any Central Currency, there must either be very strict limits to the nations debts and deficits, with all of the loss of sovereignty implied; or we must be ready for potentially dangerous inflation - basically, the rich saver see their money devalued and the poor get the profits - whenever any nation borrows too much money. Both are pretty appalling ideas.

West Vorshka will, unsurprisingly, not be taking part in any Central Currency.
Last edited by West Vorshka on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
West Vorshka is a protectorate of The Imperial Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria, and temporarily administered by that nation under Sir Henry Taylor, Minister of Vorshkan Affairs. Also protected by Xanixi.
Proud Members of The ICCPO, and The Union (in the European Section)
Looking for investors.
For RP purposes, West Vorshka has a population of roughly 160 million, and an average GDP per capita of roughly NS$10,000, subject to change.

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Former Yougoslav Macedonia wrote:

The Union does not neccisarily need to adopt the Union Pound as its official currency. To promote competition among Union Member we may have some official Currencies which member nations may choose from.

I of course will Choose the Union Pound as my currency as it has a large fallowing.

I encourage other member nations to adopt Union Currencies as thier own.
NSG's Resident Constitutional Executive Monarchist!
We Monarchists Stand With The Morals Of The Past, As We Hatch Impossible Treasons Against The Present.

They Have No Voice; So I will Speak For Them. The Right To Life Is Fundamental To All Humans Regardless Of How Developed They Are. Pro-Woman. Pro-Child. Pro-Life.

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:19 pm

West Vorshka wrote:
Former Yougoslav Macedonia wrote:Please disscuss the role of the Union Centeral Banking Authrity UCBA in the regulation of the U£

The Grand Permanent Secretary of Foreign Affairs and Grand Permanent Secretary of the Treasury of West Vorshka, Sir Richard Witarn and Sir Francis Gordon, delivered the following memorandum to members of the Union:

My Lords, Ladies, Gentlemen, Ladles, and Jellybeans,

We have before us some interesting options. The purpose of a Central Banking Authority is to provide a good monetary policy. What is good for one set of people may - indeed, we would say probably will not - be good for us all.

A Central Bank can aim for a certain level of employment with employment targets. This is not, in our experience, a widely-used practice. More usual is for a Central Bank to aim for a certain inflation target - but there comes a point when Quantitative Easing and higher inflation may make sense. What we do in Libraria and Ausitoria is to aim for a nominal GDP growth rate of 10% - our average annual rate of growth +2% inflation, which makes sure that in times of economic downturn; people are encouraged to invest as inflation rises rapidly; and we would recommend such a target.

A Central Bank also has the important job of acting as lender of last resort, which, for international currencies, immediately makes things interesting. Historically, if somebody were to be irresponsible in their finances, their debt would climb, nobody would buy it; and the central bank would step in and bail them out with printed money. However, printing money will cause inflation. Equally, not printing money will lead some countries to defaults, which could be followed by bank runs, insurance company bankruptcies, and subsequently sharp depressions if the entire banking sector collapses. If it doesn't, it would have to be saved by more bailouts - potentially causing the countries bailing out to run out of money themselves, even if their finances were fairly reasonable before.

In short, for any Central Currency, there must either be very strict limits to the nations debts and deficits, with all of the loss of sovereignty implied; or we must be ready for potentially dangerous inflation - basically, the rich saver see their money devalued and the poor get the profits - whenever any nation borrows too much money. Both are pretty appalling ideas.

West Vorshka will, unsurprisingly, not be taking part in any Central Currency.

If the central bank passes within the Union then Vazdania seeks to limit it's power especially when dealing with loans. Vazdania would like to ensure that the central bank ensures that members states can pay back loans in a timely manner and can ACTUALLY pay back the loans
We Monarchists Stand With The Morals Of The Past, As We Hatch Impossible Treasons Against The Present.

They Have No Voice; So I will Speak For Them. The Right To Life Is Fundamental To All Humans Regardless Of How Developed They Are. Pro-Woman. Pro-Child. Pro-Life.

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:31 pm

I apologize that I am interupting the Economics summit, however I believe we have enough support for a closed region. Nations who support the closed region please identify yourselfs by quoting this and saying "in favor" or something of the sort. ^_^

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

West Vorshka
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby West Vorshka » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:12 pm

Vazdania wrote:If the central bank passes within the Union then Vazdania seeks to limit it's power especially when dealing with loans. Vazdania would like to ensure that the central bank ensures that members states can pay back loans in a timely manner and can ACTUALLY pay back the loans

How would Vazdania propose to do this?

Vazdania wrote:I apologize that I am interupting the Economics summit, however I believe we have enough support for a closed region. Nations who support the closed region please identify yourselfs by quoting this and saying "in favor" or something of the sort. ^_^

What do you mean by a closed region? A new region?
West Vorshka is a protectorate of The Imperial Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria, and temporarily administered by that nation under Sir Henry Taylor, Minister of Vorshkan Affairs. Also protected by Xanixi.
Looking for investors.
For RP purposes, West Vorshka has a population of roughly 160 million, and an average GDP per capita of roughly NS$10,000, subject to change.

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:25 pm

West Vorshka wrote:
Vazdania wrote:If the central bank passes within the Union then Vazdania seeks to limit it's power especially when dealing with loans. Vazdania would like to ensure that the central bank ensures that members states can pay back loans in a timely manner and can ACTUALLY pay back the loans

How would Vazdania propose to do this?

Vazdania wrote:I apologize that I am interupting the Economics summit, however I believe we have enough support for a closed region. Nations who support the closed region please identify yourselfs by quoting this and saying "in favor" or something of the sort. ^_^

What do you mean by a closed region? A new region?

1.) Legislation limiting central banks power
2.)Yes a new closed region where only puppets would meet that would be registered in the soverign nations name

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

West Vorshka
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby West Vorshka » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:30 pm

Vazdania wrote:1.) Legislation limiting central banks power
2.)Yes a new closed region where only puppets would meet that would be registered in the soverign nations name

What sort of legislation? Why puppets, and why a new region?
Looking for investors.

New Korongo
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Korongo » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:36 pm

West Vorshka wrote:Why puppets, and why a new region?

While at the moment this thread maybe sufficient the separate economic zones will eventually begin discussing matters concerning their own zone and this will become confusing very quickly. If we create puppets we could create a separate flag for each zone and the puppets would be required to fly their zone's flag and discussion could continue on an RMB.

Europe Coalition
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Europe Coalition » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:21 am

Hossalia wrote:What about a South American area?

America is a continent ( Me mean South,North, middle and caribic)
Establishing Trans-Regional Cooperative Agreement
Have Serious Gaopolitical MT,RP Region "Old Altera", Join Us!
DEFCON
[x]- Peace
[ ]- Tension, repression
[ ]- Armaments, preparing to fight
[ ]- Mobilization
[ ]- Conflict
[ ]- War
[ ]- Absolute War *
(* Use unconventional means)

Spiral Sun
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Spiral Sun » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:25 am

Europe Coalition wrote:
Hossalia wrote:What about a South American area?

America is a continent ( Me mean South,North, middle and caribic)

Then why not call it the Amero or Peso? Either way, most of the pesos and dollars in the hemisphere use the same symbol, so maybe just use that.
You're so nice.
You're not good,
You're not bad,
You're just nice.
I'm not good,
I'm not nice,
I'm just right.
The Witch, Into the Woods

Europe Coalition
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Europe Coalition » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:49 am

Wellboneland wrote:Can I still join? where do I go here?

I put you into the Afro-Arabic Center, if you want elsewhere, tell it (just seemed that there fits)...
Establishing Trans-Regional Cooperative Agreement
Have Serious Gaopolitical MT,RP Region "Old Altera", Join Us!
DEFCON
[x]- Peace
[ ]- Tension, repression
[ ]- Armaments, preparing to fight
[ ]- Mobilization
[ ]- Conflict
[ ]- War
[ ]- Absolute War *
(* Use unconventional means)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads