NATION

PASSWORD

Lyran Arms

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Magna Omega
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Purchase Naval Ships

Postby Magna Omega » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:37 pm

The Nation of Magna Omega wishes to enhance its naval defense force.We therefore wish to purchase 3 Hatchet class frigates. That is 1 medical supply ship,1 radar piquet ship,and 1 GP ship.This will add up to $2,880,000,000. --------------------------------------------------------------------William Redmond - Chairman of the Omegan Naval Formation Committee
"Nuts." ~General Anthony Clement McAuliffe

Old Erisia wrote:
Fanaglia wrote:I wish I had that cube thing from Animorphs that gives you the power to "acquire" creatures, and that it was in a safe, secret place where only I could access it and where it was completely protected from destruction.

Granted, but you stay in gerbil form for too long and can't change back. You are then put in your father's rectum during one of your parent's "kinky nights"

Station 12 wrote:I'm never going to die.

You can all remember me for my lack of dyingness.

Lyras
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lyras » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:43 pm

Magna Omega
TO: William Redmond, Omegan Naval Formation Committee, Magna Omega

RE: Hatchet-class purchase

Chairman

The requested purchase of three Hatchet-class frigates is approved, at the stated price of NS$2.88bn. Be advised that the class is modular, and that ALL modules are provided. You simply have to choose which role you which each ship to take, prior to any given operational cruise.

Expect arrival within 6 NS months.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Lyran Governmental Trade Department
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Mossat
TO: Mossat

RE: LDPCUs

The Commonwealth's request to purchase 100 million examples of the LDPCU, at a total cost of NS$7bn, is acknowledged, and accepted. Expect delivery within 3 NS months.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

L3 Communications
TO: Kelli Glass, Director of Foreign Affairs, L3 Communications

Director

The total order you have lodged, though extensive, is approved, at the given price. We acknowledge your choices, and commend you on them. We regretfully tender, however, that we cannot provide access to 'Dauntless' or 'BALCOTH', due to the unique and restricted nature of those technologies.

Please do not take this refusal personally. We recommend that, for these and other reasons, you consider lodging an application for membership of the Fedala Accords, which would confirm your status as an ally in the official sense, and enable you free access to hardware, and defensive assistance, should you require it.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Radictistan
TO: Ministry of Defence, Grand Duchy of Radictistan

RE: LY908A modification

The Grand Duchy has every right to decide upon the suite of avionics that it wishes installed upon any aircraft it wishes to purchase from the Protectorate, restrictions and regulations notwithstanding. We will be happy to install the given system for you, and free of charge. Payment would be at the standard rate for an LY908A.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director Lyran Governmental Trade Department
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Nus Antaran
TO: Sara Maliani Razak, Minister of Defence, The People's Republic of Nus Antara

RE: Acquisitions

Minister

The selection you lodge for purchase, both mechanised and small arms, is acknowledged, and accepted. And, furthermore, far be it from others to accuse us of turning a blind eye to the plight of those who look to us for aid, we grant the entirety of the purchase to you, free of charge.

Stand in honour, and stand undaunted. Remember that freedom is worth blood, and that blood, without freedom, and without honour, is worth nothing.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

United States of PA
TO: United States of Pennsylvania

RE: Aerial Refuelling Tankers

The lodged order for 530 examples of the KC-747 'Galt' Aerial Refuelling Tankers, at the nominated price, is accepted. All of the aircraft will be flown to you, and delivery should be completed within 6 NS months.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Korrodos
TO: Prince Rand en Karluth, Korrodosian Defense Command

Your Highness

The lodged order for a large quantity of aircraft and armoured vehicles is accepted, but you have not been charged. Consider the totality a gift from the Protectorate to Korrodosian Defense Command.

Stand undaunted

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Imperial isa
TO: Private Neko Corde, Imperial Isa embassy, ViZion

Private Corde

We acknowledge your address for shipment, and confirm that the LY83 you requested will be there within the week.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

OOC: Depends. If you want to emphasise individuals purchasing their kit from Lyran Arms, then do it on a one for one basis. If your state is buying in bulk, then buy in bulk.

Zinaire
TO: Sir Henry Norton, Minister of Defence, Zinaire

Minister

We gladly acknowledge and accept your request for 250,000 examples of the LY20 HILAR, at a cost of NS$60m. We cannot, unfortunately, grant DPRs to the Helios II, as it simply is not ours to give. That system was designed by The Peoples Freedom, and our authorisation to grant DPRs to that weapon is limited. Please understand that this refusal is not due, in any way, to perceptions or opinions of Zinaire, but solely due to our care with munitions and equipment entrusted to us under licence.

We can probably ask TPF, and see if they would welcome the weapons' use.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Twigica
TO: Twigica

The Twigican request for a single Longsword-class supercapital, and fifteen LY224 Sorcha HIFVs, is accepted, at the standard rate. The LY224s should reach you within the NS week, and the ship will be ready for you within 18 NS months.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Belkan Provinces
TO: Commonwealth of Belkan Province

The Commonwealth's request for 4 LY219 APCs is acknowledged, and the vehicles are hereby provided. They will be airlifted to an airport nominated by your office, within the NS week.

By authority of Executive Command, you have not been charged for your purchase.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Greal
TO: Lieutenant-General Howard, Head of the Military Department of Trade, Greal

Lieutenant-General

Given the very large numbers of LY4A1 MBTs that our records show you as having, it would be considerably cheaper for you to purchase the upgrade package (NS$3m per vehicle) than purchase completely new chassis. You are, however, considered eligible for the LY4A2, in case that was in issue.

DPRs for the 'Enforcer' and breeding certification for the battlehounds are also approved. Technical staff will be on hand for the former, and dog handlers for the latter, to assist in the establishment of appropriate facilities on your end.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Wagdog
TO: Chief Marshal Eileen Millenhaus, Secretary of Defense, Revolutionary Commonwealth of Wagdog FROM: Lyran Governmental Trade Department

Ma'am

Warmarshal Krell may be aged, and in poor health, but it would not be any form of surprise if he outlived either you or I. Although he may be cantankerous, he is still very much in command of his faculties, despite the standing joke that one day in a fit of pique he may just decide to obliterate a random semi-hostile state. I assure you that that standing joke is indeed, for the most part, a joke. He will endure, at least until the year is out.
After that... well. Things are becoming a little tense in the Protectorate. But no matter. These are thoughts that, for the moment, should not overly concern you. Concerning the upgrades as a result of the new exercises, I could not agree with your choices more. The upgrade from -A1 to -A2 standard is nothing short of phenomenal, and the LY224 developed off the back of that research and development is similarly superb. Our exercises have shown the reaction times of -A2 variants to be considerably faster, and the combat and situational awareness to be an order of magnitude higher, given that the crew are not confined to periscopes and vision slits. Similarly, we commend your selection of the M-21A1 for your boys. It's a very capable platform, which we think very highly of. Being, as it is, also designed to fit readily into Fedalan standards, it makes compatibility with other RCW hardware that much easier. Kudos to you and yours on the selection.

It appears, ma'am, that today is a lucky day for the Revolutionary Commonwealth. As this was being typed, I was called called by High Marshal Tokovsky, one of the nine people that make up Executive Command. He bore a message from the Warmarshal, concerning you, and the rest of the Delian League.

All purchases made by Fedalan and Delian states are at 50%, until further notice. Thus your order below:

25,000 LY224 Sorcha HIFV = $175,000,000,000
Rebuild of 125,000 LY4A1 Wolfhounds into LY224 Sorchas = $125,000,000,000
Rebuild of 150,000 LY4A1 Wolfhounds to LY4A2 Standard = $450,000,000,000
Rebuild of 100,000 LY6 Werewolves to LY6A1 Standard = $300,000,000,000
LY224 DPR = $40,000,000,000
LY4A2 DPR = $50,000,000,000
LY6A1 DPR = $90,000,000,000
200 Million BALCOTH Helmets = $7,000,000,000,000
200 Million Dauntless Armor Sets = $3,600,000,000,000
200 Million LDCPU Sets x 5 Patterns (Woodland, Temperate, Desert, Urban, Arctic) = $70,000,000,000
Blacktalon Combat Gloves DPR = $1,500,000,000
Mamba Tactical Boots DPR = $20,000,000,000
GRAND TOTAL = $11,921,500,000,000 ($11.9215 Trillion)

now actually comes to NS$5960.75bn. A detail that ought to make your book-keepers happy.

The suggestion of establishing facilities for LDPCU production in Modera sounds fine. If you like, we can even (pending confirmation from above, in my case) expand that to a full army or army-group sized base, from which, if suitable, joint exercises can be held.

Please let me know what you think. I am, I admit, talking above my pay grade, but I doubt that that will be held too far against me on this end. I think the idea has merit, anyway.

Warm regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

The House of Castile
TO: Sultan of the House of Castile

Eminence

The order you have submitted for 5 million examples of the Lycos Combatant Machete, and 800 LY4A1 'Wolfhound' MBTs, has been accepted, with no reservations, at the standard prices. Expect the delivery to be completed within 5 NS months.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Lynion
TO: Vamperial Order, Grand Headmaster Woff, Lynion
Sir We thank you for your compliments regarding the potency and popularity of the LY4A2. Our personnel have remarked upon the very large impact of the -A1 to -A2 upgrades, and we are not surprised that your personnel have shared similar thoughts. The request you lodge for DPRs to the AY144L and LY4A2 are accepted, at the given subtotal of NS$65bn.
Furthermore, your request for 500 examples of the LY224, 1000 examples of the LY7, and 1200 examples of the LY7/222 is accepted, as is the order for ten artillery division packages. We note also that you request a considerable number of articles of infantry equipment, which I am happy to authorise herein, in all regards, at the given grand total of NS$193.09bn.

Personnel are enroute to assist in the establishment of manufacturing facilities, and diplomatic and liasion staff are being sent with them to assist in the marketing of your armaments exports.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance, in any way.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras
Mokastana: Then Lyras happened.

Allanea: Wanting to avoid fighting Lyras' fuck-huge military is also a reasonable IC consideration

TPF: Who is stupid enough to attack a Lyran convoy?

Sumer: Honestly, I'd rather face Doom's military with Doom having a 3-1 advantage over me, than take a 1-1 fight with a well-supplied Lyran tank unit.

Kinsgard: RL Lyras is like a real life video game character.

Ieperithem: Eighty four. Eighty four percent of their terrifyingly massive GDP goes directly into their military. And they actually know how to manage it. It's safe to say there isn't a single nation that could feasibly stand against them if they wanted it to die.
Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Lyran Arms - Lambda Financial - Foreign Holdings - Tracker - Photo - OOC sentiments

Greal
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 23, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Greal » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:20 am

TO: Lyran Governmental Trade Department

In that case, since we are eligible for LY4A2, we wish to purchase the upgrade for our LY4A1 tank fleet which currently number approximatively 320,000 (3m per tank) Total price, according to our calculations, runs to about 960 billion universal standard dollars.

James Howard
Lieutenant General
Head of the Military Department of Trade
DEFCON: 5 l 4 l 3 l 2 l 1

Greal Embassy Center, Greal News Agency,

Nus Antara
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nus Antara » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:45 am

TO: Sara Maliani Razak, Minister of Defence, The People's Republic of Nus Antara

Minister

The selection you lodge for purchase, both mechanised and small arms, is acknowledged, and accepted. And, furthermore, far be it from others to accuse us of turning a blind eye to the plight of those who look to us for aid, we grant the entirety of the purchase to you, free of charge.

Stand in honour, and stand undaunted. Remember that freedom is worth blood, and that blood, without freedom, and without honour, is worth nothing.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

The military of Nus Antara thanks you greatly for your acts of kindness. We are indeed forever in your debt.

Sara Maliani Razak
Minister of Defence
Nus Antara
The 'People's Republic' of Nus Antara
Jumihurriyah Demokratik Masya Rakyat Nusa Antara

Factbook - Embassies - Airports - NSTracker

Lynion
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Lynion » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:46 am

TO: Lyran Government Trade Department

In response to your last telegram, I'm over joy to hear that the DPR's have being accepted with the amount accepted. I do however wish to make a correction in your last telegram. Even though we accept the additional personal to aid us ith establishment of the rifle and the LYA2 Wolfhound to be manufactoured, I do however would like to correct that we have no intensions of marketing the equipment to other nations since we require the production of the tanks and rifles at will. We do however sell the rifles to the mercenary company operating in the Vamperial Kingdom, Raider'khan Legionnaires, who are loyal to the Vamperial Order. The LYA2 Battle tank isn't required by the Legionnaires since they use fast attack vehicles such as APC's and IFV's rather than depending on battle tanks.

I hope this might clear anything you might've read incorrectly.
"Indeed" Merlin replied, remaining in shadow "Emotions give people more power than they could possibly image. Emotions can turn the tide of battles with a single heroic act, help beat back even the strongest enemy. Emotions are what keeps us going in our hour of need. Hope, and trust in our friends. What Rathma did, he did because he had emotions, not because he had a lack of them"

Merlin, Ustio North - Origins of a Hero

RP's with a population of 5bn

Radictistan
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Radictistan » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:41 am

The Ministry of Defense and the Royal Treasury thank you for your affirmative response to your request. We are transferring the funds now.

Your obd't Servant,
The Steward of the Royal Treasury
Howard Radicti, Count of Norcust

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:22 am

OOC: Depends. If you want to emphasise individuals purchasing their kit from Lyran Arms, then do it on a one for one basis. If your state is buying in bulk, then buy in bulk.

ooc Thanks I'll keep that in mind
Last edited by Imperial isa on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Romeo Foxtrot, Shall we Dance...
We’re on an express elevator to hell – going down!

Burtilana
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Burtilana » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:48 pm

Official Telegram
of
The Reformed State of Burtilana

Defence Office

TO: Lyran Arms
RE: Sales

We are interested in purchasing DPRs for the following:
'Blacktalon' Combat Gloves
'Mamba' Tactical Boots
'Lycos' Combatant Machete
'Badger' Trench Axe
LY46 'Hellhammer'
We hope to re-equip our entire military over the next few years. This, hopefully, is just the start of many purchases.
Half funds shall be paid upon aproval, the 2nd half upon arrival of the DPRs.

United States of PA
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:55 pm

To-Lyran Arms
From-Pennsylvanian Anti-Ballisitc Missile Defence Program
Re-Emergency Purchase

Following recent developments, which brings us closer to thermonuclear than ever before, we would like to place a Emgency puchase of 20,000 more Rampart TELs and 40,000 More Missiles.

We are willing to pay 100 Billion strait up, regardless of actual price, for the quickest possible delivery of these units. Thank You.
In other words, conservatives are generous with their own money, and liberals are generous with other peoples money.
"I object and take exception to everyone saying that Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money." ~ Unknown
"See, it doesn't matter how many people you have, how old your civilization is, or any such tripe. We're still the by-God US of A and we will seriously bitch slap you so hard your ancestors going back millenia will feel it if you piss us off."

Lyras
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lyras » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:46 pm

United States of Pennsylvania
TO: Pennsylvanian Anti-Ballisitc Missile Defence Program
RE: Emergency Acquisition

Your submitted emergency acquisition of LY4032 Rampart missiles and their TELs is accepted, and the missiles, an emergency dispatch, are being sent to you as you read this. They will arrive by a combination of air and sea, and the full order will be completed within one NS month. You have been charged NS$20bn... not NS$100bn. It would be dishonourable in the extreme to take our friends for a ride, pricewise, when they most have need of the defences that we offer.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Burtilana
TO: High General Vikki Blows, Reformed State of Burtilana

Ma'am

It always prides us to see nations of known and appreciated martial tradition choosing to equip themselves with that which we provide. DPRs to;
'Blacktalon' Combat Gloves
'Mamba' Tactical Boots
'Lycos' Combatant Machete
'Badger' Trench Axe
LY46 'Hellhammer'
are all provided at the standard rate. DPRs, being information and licenses, rather than anything physical, are now available to you. Should you need or want technical staff to assist in the establishment of manufacturing facilities, please let us know, and we will be happy to oblige.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Greal
TO: LTGEN Howard, Greali Military Department of Trade
RE: LY4A2 Upgrades

LTGEN

We acknowledge your upgrade request for your extant fleet of 320,000 LY4A1s. That does, indeed, come to NS$960bn, as you have calculated. Three divisions of technical support personnel, with your permission, will be flown over from Osmouth and Highcairn to your airforce bases at Sasha and Womer, from where the personnel will commence the upgrade program. At the usual rate, it should take about 18 NS months to fully upgrade, test, and pronounce ready, every one of those 320,000 vehicles.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Allanea: Wanting to avoid fighting Lyras' fuck-huge military is also a reasonable IC consideration

Sumer: Honestly, I'd rather face Doom's military with Doom having a 3-1 advantage over me, than take a 1-1 fight with a well-supplied Lyran tank unit.

Ieperithem: Eighty four. Eighty four percent of their terrifyingly massive GDP goes directly into their military. And they actually know how to manage it. It's safe to say there isn't a single nation that could feasibly stand against them if they wanted it to die.
Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Lyran Arms - Lambda Financial - Foreign Holdings - Tracker - Photo - OOC sentiments

Korrodos
Envoy

Founded: Aug 25, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Korrodos » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:59 pm

TO: Lyran Governmental Trade Department
FROM: Prince Rand en Karluth, Korrodosian Defense Command

Greetings,

Your nation's generosity has astounded our military from the King down to the newest conscript. We cannot thank you enough for the gift of your high end weapons. They will find good use in our military in defending us in a potentially unstable region. We would like to purchase further from your company and are interested in exchanging certain trade goods as well as currency in future purchases. We would like a list of possible items you would be interested in trading. Our current order stands as such:

HILAR 4,152,040 (2500ea)
7.62 NATO Mary Jane 8000 (2000ea)
Dauntless Ballistics Armour 25000 (18000ea)
BlackTalon Combat Gloves Type 3 30000 (80ea)
Uniforms- Desert 100,000 (8m)
- Foliage 100,000 (8m)
- Urban 100,000 (8m)
One Heavy Armored Division Package (8.5bn)
Two Armored Division Packages (8bn x2= 16bn)
One Artillery Division Package (Armed with Manticore MRS System) (6.8bn)
Two Mechanized Division Packages (6.2bn x2=12.4bn )
Two Ironheart Heavy Division Packages(17bn x2=34 )
5000 Fox 4x4 (5bn)
3700 Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Trucks (5bn)
525 Werewolf Tank Destroyers (we love them) (10bn)
Total Purchase Value: 90 Billion Standard Dollars
(We would like our LY7 Tanks to be outfitted with the same gun as the LY4A1s in our service)

We would also be interested in a possible alliance, but realize this request will have to go through the diplomatic channels as well. We thank you for your kindness again.

Prince Rand en Karluth

OOC: Do you have a link to information about the helicopters included in the purchase packages?
Last edited by Korrodos on Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Novikov: Sounds to me (in Korrodos) like every department, civil organization, and sporting club covers homeland security.

Korrodos is ranked 4,330th in the world and 1st in Nova for Most Advanced Defense Forces, scoring 14,006.58 on the Total War Preparedness Rating.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:16 am

OOC: Lyras... I left der drawing in japan before I came back to England, and I don't have a scanner here. Please don't kill me for a month; I'll get it online ASAP.

Meanwhile, however, I need to completely re-equip an army of about one million combat troops. Suggestions?

There, of course, is no limit in terms of the funds required.

United States of PA
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:58 pm

Your submitted emergency acquisition of LY4032 Rampart missiles and their TELs is accepted, and the missiles, an emergency dispatch, are being sent to you as you read this. They will arrive by a combination of air and sea, and the full order will be completed within one NS month. You have been charged NS$20bn... not NS$100bn. It would be dishonourable in the extreme to take our friends for a ride, pricewise, when they most have need of the defences that we offer.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

The Extra consider a gift, for your great Expertise and other fantastic things you have done. The Money is of no issue, Private enterprises within the nation have offered large amounts of money in order to expand our Defence, so we ask you to take the money, as a show of thankfullness.
In other words, conservatives are generous with their own money, and liberals are generous with other peoples money.
"I object and take exception to everyone saying that Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money." ~ Unknown
"See, it doesn't matter how many people you have, how old your civilization is, or any such tripe. We're still the by-God US of A and we will seriously bitch slap you so hard your ancestors going back millenia will feel it if you piss us off."

Burtilana
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Burtilana » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:49 pm

Official Telegram
of
The Reformed State of Burtilana

Defence Office

TO: Lyran Arms

We wish to purchase 20 of each of your packages. I believe this comes to a grand total of $890,000,000,000. We wish to pay over 4 (four) years. If this is possible, with the first payment being made upon acceptance.

Lyras
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lyras » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:47 am

Burtilana
TO: High General Vikki Blows, Reformed State of Burtilana

Ma'am

We do hereby confirm acceptance of your request for 20 of every package on offer, at the total price of NS$890bn, to be paid over four years.

As it happens, the payment schedule will likely coincide with the delivery schedule, which will be convenient.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

United States of PA

In honour, we accept your thanks, and remuneration.

Stand undaunted

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Korrodos
TO: Prince Rand en Karluth, Korrodosian Defense Command

Your Highness

We are, as an entity, perfectly happy to accept an equal market value of commodities, in lieu of payment in currency. Within the Protectorate, as it happens, currency has no value. Personnel are provided credits to acquire goods and services to sustain themselves so that they may continue in their service to the Protectorate. If they do not spend their allotment, then obviously it was not required... and it thus expires after three months. Profits from this, and other LGTD endeavours, are reinvested overseas, so as to increase the capacity of the Lyran state to act in defence of the weak, undaunted.

Your order for NS$90bn worth of hardware is approved, and we acknowledge the desire for alternate armament for the LY7s.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

OOC: Let me dig...

Anemos Major
TO: Holy Office of War, Anemos Major

RE: Re-equipment

The re-equipment of an army will depend on your topography, and doctrine, to say nothing of how the military is intended to be used, in a political sense. Do you have any broader information pertaining to your strategic situation? (OOC: Factbooks, trivia, etc?)

Field Marshal Wallington of the PR&DC sends his best wishes.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Vandaheim
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 08, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Vandaheim » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:01 am

Lyras wrote:Korrodos

OOC: Let me dig...

OOC:TRA-92 Eiko Light Attack Helicopter

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:10 am

OOC: No factbooks per se. What I need is a flexible armed force capable of operating both offensively and defensively on a large area made up of what is mostly temperate, heavily forested areas. The more specialized units can be re-equipped later; in essence, what I'm looking for ATM is the strength of the Heer coupled with the flexibility of the Armée de Terre.

Gc1mak
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gc1mak » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:27 am

(At Ansari Empire's Department of Defence's office,the minister is typing the letter)
"*cough**cough*that's a alot of money,185 billion,I cannot beileve I am determining the fate of so many money now...I can have meal at mcdonald downstair for whole life with it..."
The Minister continue the type the letter,the screen display:
To::Lyran Arms
Subject:Purchasement of three vehicle's DPR
We would like to purchase LY4A1 'Wolfhound' MBT,LY7/222 King Shepherd Anti-Aircraft System and LY300 'Manticore' Multiple Rocket System's DPR,for a total of 185 billions,the money had been wired,in case the order is refused please wire it back,we would also like to state that we will first produce a small amount of LY7/222(about 100-200) and equip it to one or two division to field test it,if the result was found to be good we will begin employing it massively in our mlitary.
From,
Department of Defence Minister Matthyw

Armacor
Secretary

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalizt

Postby Armacor » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:37 am

25 September 2009

Directors Office
Attention: General Aleksandr
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

OUR REFERENCE: PUR001/PL/113

Dear General Aleksandr,

I refer to a recent message that was detected on our lowband scanners. It has become apparent to us that the Protectorate of Lyras has once again begun engaging in the widescale sale of armaments to nations around the world.

At the outset, please allow me to extend my felicitations on your trade transactions. It is believed by many who keep track of these things that your products are some of the best currently available on the open market.

The Nation of Armacor is currently reviewing procedures concerning SEC13556/22/DF. SEC13556/22/DF was the bill passed in late 2007 sealing our Nation off from the rest of the world. As part of this process it has devolved to me to consider licensing production from arms manufacturers around the world.

At the last audit my budget was determined, after operating and other expenses, to be in the vicinity of @140 Trillion per year. In US dollars this is ~$220 Trillion. [ooc// confirmed on NSE] While it is not intended that Armacor will invest all of this in equipment purchased from your nation, it is highly likely that a substantial expenditure will be forthcoming.

Records of relationships with other nations during our last foray into the world are regrettably sketchy, however it is beleived with may have purchased items from your enterprise previously. Notwithstanding any such prior transactions, we are looking to do so at this time. Could you therefore please advise what sort of bulk discounts are available, and additionally if licensing arrangements are possible.

If you have any questions concerning this proposal, i would ask that you do not hesitate in contacting me directly. I may be reached on (+11622) 3031 2526.

Yours sincerely,

[signed]

Major General Methellin.
Procurements
1st Armored Division
ARMACOR
Last edited by Armacor on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Freidlichen
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Freidlichen » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:16 pm

Lyran Arms currently occupies a rather unique position in the world economy. As the premier supplier of arms to first world and third world nations alike, Freidlicher Bankgesellschaft recognizes Lyran Arms as an extremely profitable potential partner -- as such, FBG would like to express interest in purchasing stock from Lyran Arms.

FBG has a large stake in the third world market and has considerable clout among small, civil-war wracked nations who would like nothing more than attain the upper-hand in their struggle against their rivals. In return for a loan to purchase these weapons, FBG will instruct the aforementioned parties to purchase exclusively from Lyran Arms, in the process reaping massive profits from the FBG-controlled stock in Lyran Arms and giving your company immense business among small nations, cornering the market. The agreement would be a win-win, and would perhaps even usher in a new era of cooperation between our two organizations.

We must warn you, however, that though Lyran Arms is our first choice, there are several other large arms conglomerates with which to do business. If Lyran Arms does not capitalize on this unique money-making opportunity, FBG will take its business elsewhere, and your company will be forced to contend with a third world market unwilling to buy Lyran products; neither of us wish to see this occur, and as such, we do hope that an agreement can be worked out wherein FBG comes to control, at most, 20% of the stock in Lyran Arms.

Please direct questions to our CEO, Johan Vinter.
<Zinaire> Freidlichen is like Switzerland except with a hotter Head of State
I RP with a fixed population of 8.5 million

The Eagleland
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Eagleland » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:50 pm

Eagleland Defense Ministry
Minister Shintaro Fuma

We would lilke to order:

-5.000 LY-46 Hellhammer 50.calibre Handguns
COST:7.500.000 Dollars NSD
-1 Heavy armored division package
Cost:8.5 billion Dollars NSD
-1.000 MGJ-21 Mary Jane LMG's
Cost:2 million NSD
-And 100.000 sets of Multispectral Camouflage Uniforms,snow Camoufalge.
Cost:8 Million NSD

We thank you in advance.

Lyras
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lyras » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:26 am

Vandaheim
Many, many thanks, mate. Much obliged. Saves me the effort :)

Anemos Major
OOC: Does that 1 million include a navy and airforce, or is it solely for army use? And any details of your geography that you think would be relevant?

Gc1mak
TO: Ansari Empire Department of Defence
RE: DPR acquisitions

Minister

Your lodged request for Domestic Production Rights to the LY4A1, LY300 and LY7/222 are acknowledged, at the given price of NS$185bn.

If you wish to rescind your order, and receive a batch of vehicles for testing, we are more than happy to provide a batch, free of charge, so that you can completely assure yourselves of their combat effectiveness. Every geostrategic situation is, of course, different.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

ARMACOR
TO: Major General Methellin, Procurements, 1st Armored Division, ARMACOR
RE: Bulk discounts and licensing arrangements

Major-General

Thank you for your correspondence regarding available bulk discounts and licencing. There are certainly bulk discounts available, normally calculated as packages at divisional level, but we are, of course, willing to move on this. If you intend to purchase considerably larger than divisional level formations, we would be happy to design a specific package to suit your security requirements, and provide the appropriately scaled discount. Corps, Army, Army Group, or even Taskforce-sized packages can be developed, depending upon your needs.

Domestic production rights are available for most articles of hardware, and the exact costings are detailed in the relevant section on the catalog. Again, we are happy to adjust upon negotiations.

Please let us know of where your thoughts, in these regards, are going.

Sincerely

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Freidlichen
TO: CEO Johan Vinter, Freidlicher Bankgesellschaft, Freidlichen

CEO Vinter

We thank you very much for your courteous and complimentary analysis of the primacy and profit potentialities of Lyran Arms, and your interest in a stock purchase. We very much consider such interest to do us, as a state, and a people, an honour.

Lyran Arms is not, however, a corporation. Lyran Arms is the military export subsidiary of the Lyran Governmental Trade Department. Further, as private ownership does not exist within the Lyran Protectorate, stock and enterprise in the traditional sense also do not exist. Each and every man, woman and child are considered to be part of the Protectorate's military. Traditionally non-military activities, such as food production, mining, manufacturing, and so on, are carried out by specialist military units utilising a high degree of automation and the absolute bare minimum of required personnel. Training Command overseas the education system, with the objective of matching each child to their optimum entry position within the military heirachy that forms the Lyran state.
Personnel are not paid, in the strictest sense, for their efforts. They are, instead, provided with credits, which they may use to acquire goods and services. This is not a wage or a salary, but, in a technical sense, a stipend. As such, if it is not utilised within a three month period, then obviously whatever of the stipend is remaining was not required, and those surplus credits are cancelled.

The Lyran Governmental Trade Department, however, operates on behalf of Executive Command to operate commercially to best enhance Lyran interests, globally, both financially and materially. Lyran Arms is a major facet of this tasking, and serves as the most visible means of Lyran financial progress, although it is by no means the only such. Takings from Lyran Arms are reinvested back overseas by the Lyran Governmental Trade Department, and the ever-escalating interest and dividend yields from reinvested resources have made the Lyran state, despite its total absence of a recognised domestic economy, one of the wealthiest in the world.

Despite our inability to provide you with stock, we are very interested in the business opportunities you offer.

Our counterproposal is as follows.

We here offer you an affiliate program. States forwarded to Lyran Arms by Freidlicher Bankgesellschaft may make purchases at a 25% discount. But only if they ask for it... thus proving that it was Freidlicher Bankgesellschaft that informed them of our offer. That order, having identified itself as coming through your work, will then have 50% of the profit (so, on average, 10-20% of the listed product price) credited to Freidlicher Bankgesellschaft.

In the technical sense it may not be a stock offer, but it will serve to benefit Freidlicher Bankgesellschaft greatly for the business you pass on to us, by providing you with 50% of the net profits from customers you refer to us.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Eagleleand
TO: Minister Shintaro Fuma, Eagleland Defense Ministry
RE: Lodged orders

Minister

Your submitted order for:
5000 LY46 Hellhammer .50cal handguns
1000 MGJ-21 'Mary Jane' Light Machine Guns
100,000 sets of Multispectral Camouflage Uniforms (snow)
1 Heavy Armoured Division
is accepted, at the standard price.

Expect the total delivery to have arrived within 8 NS months.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Regards

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Armacor
Secretary

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalizt

Postby Armacor » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:34 am

Lyras wrote:ARMACOR
TO: Major General Methellin, Procurements, 1st Armored Division, ARMACOR
RE: Bulk discounts and licensing arrangements

Major-General

Thank you for your correspondence regarding available bulk discounts and licencing. There are certainly bulk discounts available, normally calculated as packages at divisional level, but we are, of course, willing to move on this. If you intend to purchase considerably larger than divisional level formations, we would be happy to design a specific package to suit your security requirements, and provide the appropriately scaled discount. Corps, Army, Army Group, or even Taskforce-sized packages can be developed, depending upon your needs.

Domestic production rights are available for most articles of hardware, and the exact costings are detailed in the relevant section on the catalog. Again, we are happy to adjust upon negotiations.

Please let us know of where your thoughts, in these regards, are going.

Sincerely

General Aleksandr
Director
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

27 September 2009

Directors Office
Attention: General Aleksandr
Bredubar
Protectorate of Lyras

OUR REFERENCE: PUR001/PL/113
YOUR REFERENCE: <<UNKNOWN>>

Dear General Aleksandr,

I refer to recent correspondance concerning a possible armaments deal, reference <<UNKNOWN>>.

After internal discussions at a senior level it has been decided that a small purchase, intended to test integration of your equipment into our forces, with additional comprehensive and independent destructive testing, should be undertaken.

To this end, it is proposed to purchase enough equipment to fit 5 divisions of land based troops. Logistics have determined that our current TOE is based on a differing model to your standard, with a standard heavy tank division containing 1024 tanks and all comesurate equipment. Therefore, a purchase of fifteen of your standard heavy armor units should suffice to equip these forces.

It is recognised that manufacturing of such equipment will require a down payment as assurance of funds. Therefore please find enclosed a federal reserve draft for the sum of 127.5 billion USD. Notification of the intended delivery date would be greatly appreciated as border security is still very high. Additionally, if expedited delivery can be arranged a premium of up to 25% would be offered, as many member of our miliary force are looking forward to these exercises. This would be an additional sum of 38 Billion USD.

If you have any questions concerning this order, I would ask that you do not hesitate in contacting me directly. I may be reached on (+11622) 3031 2526.

Yours sincerely,

[signed]

Major General Methellin.
Procurements
1st Armored Division
ARMACOR

New Manth
Envoy

Founded: Mar 16, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby New Manth » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:35 am

Denomination of Strategy Procurement Office
To the Officers of the Lyran Governmental Trade Department

Dear sirs,

First, in fulfilment of the terms of licensing for domestic production of the LY-300 Manticore, I write to inform you that the Denomination of Strategy has directed that production lines be expanded due to the Union's general mobilization against the Blackhelm Confederacy; the Denomination expects to lay down orders for an additional sixty thousand systems.

Second, I wish to procure, on behalf of domestic arms manufacturers, licenses to produce the LY-7 self-propelled howitzer for use in the Union Armed Forces, and to inquire as to the possibility of procuring similar licenses for the LY-224 infantry fighting vehicle.

With my regards to our honored partners in the Protectorate,

Cyril Bakhoum, Director
Denomination of Strategy Procurement Office
Last edited by New Manth on Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Factbook (Military)|Map (Nova)|Delian League|Draftroom
Back at collegework, limited time available. Sorry for any posting delays.

Kayoki
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kayoki » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Nation of Kayoki would like your Heavy Mechanised Division Package

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade