NATION

PASSWORD

Global Economics and Trade Help Desk and Q&A

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:28 pm

The BBcode is in the [CODE] tag beside [QUOTE], and it looks like this:
Code: Select all
[code][/code]
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Sikagoa
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sikagoa » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:20 pm

Code: Select all

i think i got it!
Last edited by Sikagoa on Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Latest in news: The Grand Duke comments on the weather: ‘Tis very clammy
New Castillan Empire wrote:An MT nation with a large-ass navy and one ridiculously powerful bomb.

Romelliano
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Romelliano » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:37 am

How do I keep my storeronts alive?
Europe
Asia
Christianity
Civil Rights
Eco-Friendliness
Democracy
World Peace
Racism
Dictatorship
Terrorists
Bullying
ROMELLIANO
Catholic,Eco-Friendly
Storefronts:https://www.nationstates.net/nation=romelliano/detail=factbook/id=1000429
We are an FT nation,with a hint of FanT (multiverses)
Romellianoan News:Mango Gaming Inc. has released Rise of the Ultimatron,an RPG set in a post-apocalyptic world.•Maria Pierri featured in BeachBody magazine.•Aliens were finally discovered in Proxima Centauri b.

Arthropol
Minister

Founded: May 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Arthropol » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:41 am

Romelliano wrote:How do I keep my storeronts alive?

You can bump storefronts once in a while, if you don't want to say bump, you can either disguise it as a company news update or something, or delete your previous post and repost it. If you are bumping and your storefront is still dying, it might mean that the things that you are offering has low demand or that your storefront may need improvent. No matter how good your storefront is, there is always room for improvement. Hope this helped.
Last edited by Arthropol on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kingdom of Arthropol - Royaume d'Arthropol
———————————————————————————
Capital: Arthropol City
Language: French
Population: 72 million
Economic: centre-left
Social: moderate
Nationality: Australian
Sex: Male
Economic: fairly left-wing
Social: moderately authoritarian
Not really active on NS forums anymore, still posts once in a while on F&NI and F7. IC views do not represent my real political views. NS stats not used.

Romelliano
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Romelliano » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:29 am

Thanks,Arthropol.
Europe
Asia
Christianity
Civil Rights
Eco-Friendliness
Democracy
World Peace
Racism
Dictatorship
Terrorists
Bullying
ROMELLIANO
Catholic,Eco-Friendly
Storefronts:https://www.nationstates.net/nation=romelliano/detail=factbook/id=1000429
We are an FT nation,with a hint of FanT (multiverses)
Romellianoan News:Mango Gaming Inc. has released Rise of the Ultimatron,an RPG set in a post-apocalyptic world.•Maria Pierri featured in BeachBody magazine.•Aliens were finally discovered in Proxima Centauri b.

Argentinstan
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:54 pm

Romelliano wrote:Thanks,Arthropol.

A general rule you should keep in mind for bumps is every 24 hours or once it is no longer on the main page of the subforum, whichever is the later.
A United Nations of Earthlings member state. Former Prime Minister.
Embassy Program l Bank of the Atlantic l Air Argentine l Argentinstan City Int'l Airport l Guide to Storefronts l Issues l City/County/State/Territory Websites
Telegram Me

Argentinstan is a constitutional monarchy representative democracy led by King Menem III and President Elijah Turner.

Valkea
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Valkea » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:48 pm

Argentinstan wrote:
Romelliano wrote:Thanks,Arthropol.

A general rule you should keep in mind for bumps is every 24 hours or once it is no longer on the main page of the subforum, whichever is the later.

Also, it is recommended to get creative with your bumps. You can post news reports, IC events, or announcements in place of bumps so it won't look unprofessional.
V A L K E A NT A S A V A L T AI K U I E S E S T IV A L K E A !

AstyF1: 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023
Look at me, I'm the main nation now.

Colonial Land
Civilian

Founded: Apr 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Colonial Land » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:50 am

I want to ask: what is this site's policy regarding plagiarism of published and copyrighted books in real life? There is a player who has recently plagiarized a cookery book of someone that I know in real life (from a mutual connection). His nation has red British flag. He plagiarized the book for his storefront, almost word to word. Thanks!

According to his signature, he is a member of ATLAS task force. Don't know what that is - I thought ATLAS is a collection of real life maps?

This is the storefront: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=440473
Last edited by Colonial Land on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:05 am

Colonial Land wrote:I want to ask: what is this site's policy regarding plagiarism of published and copyrighted books in real life? There is a player who has recently plagiarized a cookery book of someone that I know in real life (from a mutual connection). His nation has red British flag. He plagiarized the book for his storefront, almost word to word. Thanks!

According to his signature, he is a member of ATLAS task force. Don't know what that is - I thought ATLAS is a collection of real life maps?

The nation's name is Krenorus

You will want to bring this accusation to the attention of the moderators, via a Getting Help Request. They will know how to handle the situation.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed May 09, 2018 12:23 pm

Would there be an interest in working out a common way to record stat blocks for vehicles and other items commonly 'sold' on this forum?

A lot of players seem to omit the most basic information from their products. I feel this could be avoided if a 'common' (I don't want to say 'standard', since I don't want to make it seem that I want to 'enforce' some kind of standard) statblock format could be used.

What do you guys think?
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Global Economics and Trade Help Desk and Q&A

Postby Yohannes » Wed May 09, 2018 5:21 pm

Allanea wrote:Would there be an interest in working out a common way to record stat blocks for vehicles and other items commonly 'sold' on this forum?

A lot of players seem to omit the most basic information from their products. I feel this could be avoided if a 'common' (I don't want to say 'standard', since I don't want to make it seem that I want to 'enforce' some kind of standard) statblock format could be used.

What do you guys think?

Yes, I would be interested

Allanea, as the opening poster of the NS Military Realism Consultation Thread (which, by the way, is not a thread for only those roleplaying strictly realistic nations), you should be the one who create the thread tbh (or you should create the post, if you're going to post it here in this thread)

There is no trace of legitimate designing community left in this sub forum (sadly), with the only semblance of a designing community pretty much the ones in the Factbook and National Information sub forum, or NationStates Draftroom (which pretty much has been gutted of members and has been inactive)

because of this we have got people (who are frankly not from the established historical designing community or even from the Factbook and National Information sub forum designing crowd) who have reverted to offsite sites such as Discord and Internet Relay Chat channels to promote their own designs, while they bring down/make fun of the designs of other people (from a place where those people who are being criticised couldn't see these players telling untrue stuff)

I agree that creating some kind of a "common" comparison would be good for the overall designing future of this sub forum, if we ever want one to exist in the first place (at the moment, it's just an empty sub forum with no independent designing community at all)

It would also bring justice to actual designers who have their designs being talked about (in a negative way) secretly from IRC or Discord. This way, all designs are out in the open for comparison.

The only people who will dislike this I see are either (i) those who like to criticise and say bad things about other people's designs secretly, but are too afraid to say it openly; or (ii) those who know they have promoted their designs as the best around (while they talk bad about other people's designs @Discord or IRC channels) but know that they wouldn't be able to stand by that proclaimed high standard
Last edited by Yohannes on Wed May 09, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Machina Haruspex
Minister

Founded: Jan 13, 2005

Postby Machina Haruspex » Fri May 11, 2018 6:41 am

Allanea wrote:Would there be an interest in working out a common way to record stat blocks for vehicles and other items commonly 'sold' on this forum?

What do you guys think?

It's a rather lovely idea, but it will require tremendous effort. Even if you are staying within the " realism " aspect, although I suppose there really is just a handful of nations that might celebrate the idea, but with the flood into the market, how many others would listen or adopt it I wonder..

Anyways, I don't mean to be a Negative Nancy in this endeavor you've started, I do after all appreciate the effort and standing from quite a bit from the more entrenched members of the market. However, it would do well in whatever wording you decide to choose, that this just doesn't become another clique. The market has always been a perilous place, FT, PMT, PT, MT, FanT brushing up against one another.

As annoying as it may be that something does not have a set stat, it may be because such things do not have such. I don't mean to condone the activities of the blanket photo sorts, with no effort put in, but rather I would I hope that this doesn't create animosity, or rather more of it. Storefront owners may not like a standardized approach from one individual if pressed. Though I have not looked at your gathering, that could of course be a requirement to use a 'certified' approach to stats etc.

Forgive my rambling it's rather late here.
Last edited by Machina Haruspex on Fri May 11, 2018 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranked 100th in the world for Economic Output
Ranked 115th in the world for Safety
Marshite Military Assessment: VI

Alaerla
Political Columnist

Founded: May 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Question

Postby Alaerla » Fri May 11, 2018 8:44 pm

https://goo.gl/images/5JUkhn
How do I paste pictures? With URL or with IMG?

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Alaerla

Postby Yohannes » Fri May 11, 2018 9:14 pm

Alaerla wrote:https://goo.gl/images/5JUkhn
How do I paste pictures? With URL or with IMG?

Hi Alaerla!

Img

That one?
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat May 12, 2018 7:11 am

Machina Haruspex wrote:

What do you guys think?

It's a rather lovely idea, but it will require tremendous effort. Even if you are staying within the " realism " aspect, although I suppose there really is just a handful of nations that might celebrate the idea, but with the flood into the market, how many others would listen or adopt it I wonder..

Anyways, I don't mean to be a Negative Nancy in this endeavor you've started, I do after all appreciate the effort and standing from quite a bit from the more entrenched members of the market. However, it would do well in whatever wording you decide to choose, that this just doesn't become another clique. The market has always been a perilous place, FT, PMT, PT, MT, FanT brushing up against one another.

As annoying as it may be that something does not have a set stat, it may be because such things do not have such. I don't mean to condone the activities of the blanket photo sorts, with no effort put in, but rather I would I hope that this doesn't create animosity, or rather more of it. Storefront owners may not like a standardized approach from one individual if pressed. Though I have not looked at your gathering, that could of course be a requirement to use a 'certified' approach to stats etc.

Forgive my rambling it's rather late here.

I don't want to 'certify' anything in an OOC way.

What I'd rather like to do is provide a resource for people to draw on.

Ideally statblocks shouldn't be just an annoyance for players, they should be a way to encourage the person who posts the 'design' to contemplate the design more and learn more.

If you are posting an image of some tank or some thing, with no information provided, chances are that you don't really have an understanding of what's being implied by your post.

If I tell you 'well, we need to have the size of the vehicle listed', then you need to apply some thought as to why vehicles are the size they are, etc. At least ideally.

Anyway I've made this:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=443009&p=34006172#p34006172
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon May 14, 2018 6:14 pm

Seems as good a place as any, given this is where I've announced GE&T-specializing Mentors in the past...

Congratulations to Lamoni, our latest Forum Moderator! :clap:
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon May 14, 2018 8:15 pm

Kyrusia wrote:Seems as good a place as any, given this is where I've announced GE&T-specializing Mentors in the past...

Congratulations to Lamoni, our latest Forum Moderator! :clap:

This sub forum has got its own version of The Archregimancy now!

Except cooler.

Looking forward to see your presence around the Global Economics and Trade sub forum Lamoni!

Techganet
Envoy

Founded: Mar 25, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Techganet » Mon May 14, 2018 11:29 pm

Is it suitable for me to build a Patent Office storefront on GE&T?

Current Affairs
The President's Council has initiated its first Executive Session. They have reviewed 5 issues throughout the first session, one of which was one where the President gave the go-ahead to quarantine an area which has been infected by a disease previously thought to have been eradicated. | The conservatives tried to repeal the Freedom of Drug Use Act, with the majority of them said Aye to the repeal. Although, the liberals managed to overpass their vote, with their votes totalling a 78% of the total votes. | Something's cooking in the Assembly kitchen.......

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon May 14, 2018 11:54 pm

Techganet wrote:Is it suitable for me to build a Patent Office storefront on GE&T?

Yes. I don't see why anyone would say no to that

Techganet
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Techganet » Mon May 14, 2018 11:58 pm

Yohannes wrote:
Techganet wrote:Is it suitable for me to build a Patent Office storefront on GE&T?

Yes. I don't see why anyone would say no to that

I was just confirming since I thought it would conflict with moderation policies.

Current Affairs
The President's Council has initiated its first Executive Session. They have reviewed 5 issues throughout the first session, one of which was one where the President gave the go-ahead to quarantine an area which has been infected by a disease previously thought to have been eradicated. | The conservatives tried to repeal the Freedom of Drug Use Act, with the majority of them said Aye to the repeal. Although, the liberals managed to overpass their vote, with their votes totalling a 78% of the total votes. | Something's cooking in the Assembly kitchen.......

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue May 15, 2018 12:07 am

Techganet wrote:I was just confirming since I thought it would conflict with moderation policies.

Lamoni and Kyrusia (or any of the N&I mentors) will probably correct me if I am wrong here, but I don't think moderators can rule on what you can or cannot write (roleplay/worldbuild) about, unless it breaks the following rules: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=260044#003

One of which is the US movie rating "PG-13" standard (though historically from what I have seen there have been cases being ignored/allowed because they were written in an acceptable manner)

or anything that breaks the rules (link) there by coating them as In Character

If you are worried about whether having a patent office approving real life commonly known patents would get you in trouble, there should not be any problem as you will be roleplaying (fictionally) about it

You can roleplay about just anything. Even copy pasting real life designs and writeups (so long as they are from open websites or say that they can be openly distributed) are not against the rules; there are no "rules", but there is etiquette, yes. Some people will disapprove you copy pasting things from real life, but they cannot do anything about it (you have the right to do that)

So in this case, you can open patent office. No worries. Of course... so long as you don't claim the technology custom made by other nations/players in the patent office (that would actually get you into trouble :p ), then there should be no one saying "no you can't do it". If there's anyone who will do that, I want to see them doing it. It'll be funny to see

If this is not what you are talking about, then I am sorry if I have said the wrong thing
Last edited by Yohannes on Tue May 15, 2018 12:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Techganet
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Techganet » Tue May 15, 2018 12:17 am

Yohannes wrote:-snip-

No worries, just the answer I was looking for. Getting to work on the patent office right now! Thanks!

Current Affairs

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Tue May 15, 2018 1:27 am

There shouldn't be any problem with that, as long as you follow the site rules, and don't try to make RL money off of it.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Techganet
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Techganet » Tue May 15, 2018 2:38 am

Just curious, has anyone done something like this before?

Current Affairs

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue May 15, 2018 2:49 am

Techganet wrote:Just curious, has anyone done something like this before?

I am the local historian (you can count on me to check old Global Economics and Trade sub forum things) :p

Global Law - International law firm (2011)
Patent Office (2013)
Seculartopia Research Labs (2009; when everyone has just migrated to the new NationStates forum (this one))
Uberschnitzel Patent lawyers and stores (2011); now that I am seeing this one again... I need to edit my old post to reflect my new storyline

Beside those four (of which Patent Office and Uberschnitzel were the closest to your storefront), I couldn't remember any long-standing one

Three more:

Henry International Incorporated (2014; a wee bit too far)
International Court of Arbitration (2015; close one)
Slipp, Tripp, Skipp, and Associates Legal Services (2014), but was a bit unsure whether that would be close to your storefront
Last edited by Yohannes on Tue May 15, 2018 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade