NATION

PASSWORD

Global Economics and Trade Help Desk and Q&A

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:31 pm

I have been involved a bit in the railroad industry (As a translator, though). I may be able to provide some advice if you are interested.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:59 pm

While the OP is long gone sadly, this here storefront I might consider one of the greatest mass-transit storefronts on NS of all time, and a very successful one at that. Take notes.
The Constitutional Federal Republic of ViZion

[ Angola | Zambia | Tanzania | Antarctica | ViZion Island | Northern South America | Central America | Astyria | Coulter Bay | 18,546,524.5 sq mi ]
(Founded June 14, 2003)
Astyria | Astyria GE&T Directory | The Astyrian Network

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:13 am

Alright then.

In the real world, there are the following minimal questions that a government or private company wants to know when it buys a train or a locomotive (typically trains are purchased as sets of several railcars and a locomotive).

1. How is it propelled (diesel, electric, other)?

2. What are its dimensions (especially, what is the gauge of railway its uses)? Typically, clients care about both the empty mass of a railcar, and its mass when fully loaded with passengers or freight. A special international standard has been established by the European Union to measure train mass, and you can look at it here.

How many passengers/freight can the train carry? A railroad’s income level depends on the ability to carry as many people/freight comfortably as possible.

3. What is the speed it can travel at safely? What is its braking distance? (When fully loaded, a passenger train should be able to ring itself to a stop within 1000 yards).

4. What are the safety precautions available on the train? Trains are expected to have a variety of measures to protect against objects on the track, as well as onboard fires and loss of communication. Not only should there be various fire detection and firefighting equipment aboard, but also various ways to leave the train safely if needed, including a PA system for the conductor or driver to issue safety instructions to passengers, signage for them to know how to leave, etc. In Israel, trains often come supplied with a miniature ‘bridge’ to be able to cross directly to another train if the train is stuck due to an accident, or attacked by terrorists.

5. What are the creature comforts available aboard the train? Air conditioning, wi-fi, and (in the cases of long-range travel), compartments, beds, dining cars and so forth should go here.

In the real world, train orders are negotiated in detail and in a bespoke manner between clients and contractors, and some countries have detailed laws governing how trains can be bought and supplied. In Nationstates, this is probably simplified in most cases.

Finally, because the Nationstates multiverse is highly violent and militarized, you might consider allowing an option to fit even civilian trains with some means of defense – air defense railcars perhaps, or arms lockers for the attendant staff. (Israel requires train conductors to have martial arts training, and of course has armed security on its trains, including K9 teams).
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Azadeshia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Azadeshia » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:47 pm

My best storefront is Xealo I think, but 25 Guys Donuts Storefront is getting more success than the Xealo one. :lol:

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:48 pm

Azadeshia wrote:My best storefront is Xealo I think, but 25 Guys Donuts Storefront is getting more success than the Xealo one. :lol:

Traditionally, the auto industry is harder to crack, and your lineup is much more niche than a more standard lineup on top of that.
Restaurants are much easier and more popular.

[ Angola | Zambia | Tanzania | Antarctica | ViZion Island | Northern South America | Central America | Astyria | Coulter Bay | 18,546,524.5 sq mi ]
(Founded June 14, 2003)

Azadeshia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Azadeshia » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:28 pm

ViZion wrote:
Azadeshia wrote:My best storefront is Xealo I think, but 25 Guys Donuts Storefront is getting more success than the Xealo one. :lol:

Traditionally, the auto industry is harder to crack, and your lineup is much more niche than a more standard lineup on top of that.

So, do I need to improve my storefront?

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:08 pm

Azadeshia wrote:
ViZion wrote:Traditionally, the auto industry is harder to crack, and your lineup is much more niche than a more standard lineup on top of that.

So, do I need to improve my storefront?

Of course you do! You never want to stop improving. I’ve had storefronts for well over a decade now, since before we even transitioned to these forums in 2009... and even now, I’m reworking several of my storefronts. (Some of the ones I’m working on now to improve currently, like ViZionair, date back to 2006...)

Keep looking for ways to improve your storefronts, don’t just sit and say “Hey, it’s doing well... I don’t need to improve it!” As you’ll end up getting left behind.

(Founded June 14, 2003)

Azadeshia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Azadeshia » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:29 am

ViZion wrote:
Azadeshia wrote:So, do I need to improve my storefront?

Of course you do! You never want to stop improving. I’ve had storefronts for well over a decade now, since before we even transitioned to these forums in 2009... and even now, I’m reworking several of my storefronts. (Some of the ones I’m working on now to improve currently, like ViZionair, date back to 2006...)

Keep looking for ways to improve your storefronts, don’t just sit and say “Hey, it’s doing well... I don’t need to improve it!” As you’ll end up getting left behind.

Right! (Well I am working on electric cars and other stuff like trucks, because I have less cars in the storefront)
Last edited by Azadeshia on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rich and Corporations
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 09, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Rich and Corporations » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:48 pm

Tippercommon wrote:A Step-by-Step Guide to Calculating Your Profits
The Step-by-Step Guide to Calculating Your Profits by Vault 10 is an in-depth guide on how to calculate your company's profits from your revenues. Providing helpful resources from CNN Money, he explains how to accurately determine out of your revenue how much you actually make. You don't want to be that guy that charges $100 for a piece of paper so you can make a 10,000% profit right?

I just want to point out that the money.cnn.com link is dead.
I suggest using this instead: http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~adamodar/Ne ... argin.html
Corporate Confederacy
DEFENSE ALERT LEVEL
PEACE WAR

Factbook [url=iiwiki.com/wiki/Corporate_Confederacy]Wiki Article[/url]
Neptonia

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Global Economics and Trade Help Desk and Q&A

Postby Yohannes » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:57 pm

Dear ViZion, what I say here will offend you so I would like to apologise for it. I see no reason to write this by telegram as well, as I believe in open discussion and transparency before members of the public.

I personally believe that you should stop trying to re-create the old glory days of 2010-2011-2012 by creating garbage threads like this: Survey: GE&T's Most Influential Businesses. Yes, I know, the word 'garbage' is a (very) strong one, and I don't feel comfortable using it

But c'mon dude? You have been a senior Global Economics and Trade player since what, Jolt days? You need to stop with all this 'superpower', 'most influential', etc etc childish voting threads. I have seen you posting in the What improvements would you like to see for GE&T? thread, so there should be no excuse that you've not seen the discussion taking place there about reforming the Global Economics and Trade sub forum into a better place for our new members to write/storytell/roleplay in. You should be a role model, not one of the problems.

We want to promote a healthy sub forum roleplaying environment. Threads like this 'Survey: GE&T's Most Influential Businesses' thread are the kind of stuff that belong in the past. The 2010, 2011, and 2012 days were not flawless and we should move on to the days of 2017 and (the new) 2018 and perhaps beyond -- the days where players behind the nations of Argentinstan, Arthropol, Valkea, and others can have fun by writing and roleplaying things that they enjoy or know about in the Global Economics and Trade sub forum without having to worry about being 'influential' in the Global Economics and Trade sub forum

This is my opinion, but I would encourage new players to read the above discussion taking place (here is the link again: [ Link ]) in the 'What improvements would you like to see for GE&T?' sticky thread as posted by Lamoni

We want to move forward to the future together, and we ask you to join us, so that we can all forget about unhealthy things like this 'most influential thread' stuff -- so that they can be left out where they belong: back in the outdated, out-of-date, obsolete days of 2010, 2011, and 2012

Today is 2018, not 2010-2011-2012

Edit: this is just what I think, but maybe it's also better for you (ViZion) to improve your existing storefronts (first) by, I don't know, maybe adding new contents, improving layout quality, going into details into what you are actually trying to sell? Before creating new low-quality threads that lack interesting/good information, and will do nothing to promote the Ge&T sub forum RPing environment, such as your The Economic Pages - Global Economic News (seriously, it sounds like self-advertisement of your own nation as a superpower or something; it's like seeing Finland proudly saying to the nations of the world in real life: "Look at me, look at me: I am a superpower. Fear me!"). I mean, I wouldn't mind if there's actually interesting information there? But it's not: it's just self-advertisement and competitive race to the superlative bottom (e.g. greatest, most important, superpower, major) with no discussion of economic theory behind it

This is 2018 ViZion, not 2010-2012. No one cares whether you say you are a superpower or not. They only see your work, and if your work is not up to the par then you are a nobody. I would suggest going out to NationStates and International Incidents instead of bumping, like, I don't know, 10 of your old storefront threads (without even improving their quality) repeatedly? Because it kinda push down the good, interesting (with hours put into them) storefronts like Valkea's storefronts, Wolf Armaments, and Halcyon Arms. And it is not a good example for the new players to see

I have said what I think. I look forward to hearing from ViZion

Edit: Looking back at what I have said above, I feel terrible. I have known you since 2010 (or 2011?). I don't want to talk about this subject for years because (1) I don't want to offend you, (2) I myself was like you (so I fully understand the attraction of RPing as a superpower; I am not a hypocrite, I was there and used to do the same thing myself), and (3) I don't want to get on the bad side of those many others who are close to you), but I feel the time has come where this subject can't be avoided anymore. I am very sorry for this post and I know I have been rude here
Last edited by Yohannes on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Azadeshia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Azadeshia » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 pm

But that's the fun, trying to become one of the influential companies.Working on your storefronts and more IC RPs.

The thread you call garbage, is what I am working for.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:07 am

Yo, we've had our differences in the past, and also agreements. Over time we have come to respect each other, I should think. You also have a similar relationship with Vizion, so where this is coming from, I honestly can't fathom. I don't think that this was the way to go about handling your issue with his RP on GE&T.

Just three posts above yours was this:

ViZion wrote:Of course you do! You never want to stop improving. I’ve had storefronts for well over a decade now, since before we even transitioned to these forums in 2009... and even now, I’m reworking several of my storefronts. (Some of the ones I’m working on now to improve currently, like ViZionair, date back to 2006...)

Obviously that would indicate he's well aware that it's time to refresh and rework them a bit.
Why it's so troublesome for you and important to call Viz out on bumping his storefronts while he reworks and is in the process of improving them is beyond me. If he wants to keep them fresh in potential customers minds as he takes time to revitalize and improve his NS business, likely out of the public eye before he's ready to unveil the new editions, that's his prerogative and his matter alone. Same goes for me as I try to find time to improve mine while kicking fresh life into them at the same time. I suspect the same goes for others. I can see by your edits you had many second thoughts. Maybe trust where those thoughts were coming from.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:27 pm

Yohannes wrote:Dear ViZion, what I say here will offend you so I would like to apologise for it. I see no reason to write this by telegram as well, as I believe in open discussion and transparency before members of the public.

I personally believe that you should stop trying to re-create the old glory days of 2010-2011-2012 by creating garbage threads like this: Survey: GE&T's Most Influential Businesses. Yes, I know, the word 'garbage' is a (very) strong one, and I don't feel comfortable using it

But c'mon dude? You have been a senior Global Economics and Trade player since what, Jolt days? You need to stop with all this 'superpower', 'most influential', etc etc childish voting threads. I have seen you posting in the What improvements would you like to see for GE&T? thread, so there should be no excuse that you've not seen the discussion taking place there about reforming the Global Economics and Trade sub forum into a better place for our new members to write/storytell/roleplay in. You should be a role model, not one of the problems.

We want to promote a healthy sub forum roleplaying environment. Threads like this 'Survey: GE&T's Most Influential Businesses' thread are the kind of stuff that belong in the past. The 2010, 2011, and 2012 days were not flawless and we should move on to the days of 2017 and (the new) 2018 and perhaps beyond -- the days where players behind the nations of Argentinstan, Arthropol, Valkea, and others can have fun by writing and roleplaying things that they enjoy or know about in the Global Economics and Trade sub forum without having to worry about being 'influential' in the Global Economics and Trade sub forum

This is my opinion, but I would encourage new players to read the above discussion taking place (here is the link again: [ Link ]) in the 'What improvements would you like to see for GE&T?' sticky thread as posted by Lamoni

We want to move forward to the future together, and we ask you to join us, so that we can all forget about unhealthy things like this 'most influential thread' stuff -- so that they can be left out where they belong: back in the outdated, out-of-date, obsolete days of 2010, 2011, and 2012

Today is 2018, not 2010-2011-2012

Edit: this is just what I think, but maybe it's also better for you (ViZion) to improve your existing storefronts (first) by, I don't know, maybe adding new contents, improving layout quality, going into details into what you are actually trying to sell? Before creating new low-quality threads that lack interesting/good information, and will do nothing to promote the Ge&T sub forum RPing environment, such as your The Economic Pages - Global Economic News (seriously, it sounds like self-advertisement of your own nation as a superpower or something; it's like seeing Finland proudly saying to the nations of the world in real life: "Look at me, look at me: I am a superpower. Fear me!"). I mean, I wouldn't mind if there's actually interesting information there? But it's not: it's just self-advertisement and competitive race to the superlative bottom (e.g. greatest, most important, superpower, major) with no discussion of economic theory behind it

This is 2018 ViZion, not 2010-2012. No one cares whether you say you are a superpower or not. They only see your work, and if your work is not up to the par then you are a nobody. I would suggest going out to NationStates and International Incidents instead of bumping, like, I don't know, 10 of your old storefront threads (without even improving their quality) repeatedly? Because it kinda push down the good, interesting (with hours put into them) storefronts like Valkea's storefronts, Wolf Armaments, and Halcyon Arms. And it is not a good example for the new players to see

I have said what I think. I look forward to hearing from ViZion

Edit: Looking back at what I have said above, I feel terrible. I have known you since 2010 (or 2011?). I don't want to talk about this subject for years because (1) I don't want to offend you, (2) I myself was like you (so I fully understand the attraction of RPing as a superpower; I am not a hypocrite, I was there and used to do the same thing myself), and (3) I don't want to get on the bad side of those many others who are close to you), but I feel the time has come where this subject can't be avoided anymore. I am very sorry for this post and I know I have been rude here

Hello friend,

Over the years, I would have certainly welcomed a message from you with your input - sadly, it's something I don't believe I've received in the past. I am most definitely not NationStates' - or even GE&T's - best, that I realize. My storefronts are starting to get renovations as of the past week, sadly I don't have the time to knock them all out quickly. There are better looking storefronts out there - some of you folks, yourself included, are far more talented in storefront design and digital artwork than I am. It is something I am always striving to improve, however.

But it is something I do work towards improving as I have the time to do so... I work two jobs and run a business in real life, so those of you who have known me for years realize my activity on NationStates is unfortunately spotty and I apologize for that.

I also know that while some of my businesses are among the leaders in their respective industries, several are not. Of course, I am always looking to grow my NS businesses, and IC posts to give them a bump are one of the tactics I utilize to bring some extra attention to them.

As far as the survey in question, the end goal was that I would write up an IC article talking about which businesses are widely considered to be the most influential, not just a random survey to get input. I guess that is something I should have better explained. With that said, if people tend to agree that the survey should not exist, I won't worry about writing that 'news' article I had planned, instead just letting it die off into the abyss of time.

And one of the areas you mention is certainly correct - the 2010-2012 time frame wasn't perfect. I was actually just discussing that exact topic with a couple people just a couple days ago - it's easy to look into the past with rose-tinted glasses and think, "Man, those were the times. That was so much better than it is now." But that isn't always true, and I've witnessed the improvement and transformation of NationStates since 2003, in its infancy when this website was just about 5 months old. Since then, we have gone through 3 forum servers, and countless hundreds of thousands of players... many of who I miss. But NationStates has grown up, and improved, and you're right in that we need to continue to move forward with time and improve. I'm not trying to bring back the early 2010's.

With that said, there are times we can take ideas from the past, modernize or improve upon them, and bring them into today. Not always, but sometimes.

As for The Economic Pages, it is currently (as far as I'm aware) the only news thread specifically for GE&T, and one that is open to anyone to apply to. As an idea that it's an IC news company focused on, I do require applications but typically will accept anyone, and so long as their first couple posts are decent, they'll become full-time writers for it. Yes, many of my personal news articles I write have to do with ViZionarian companies or economy, that is by nature pretty obvious - we know best what is happening with our companies and our nation. I am typically not going to write about your economy when I am not you, as you know much more about the happenings of your economy than I do.

However, when something major happens (such as a couple of the great economic collapses RP'd by many in the first half of the 2010's) I will post about those sorts of things as well. I will certainly speak of how it's affecting my companies and businesses, as I have much more intimate knowledge of that than anyone else - I'm not going to say how it is hurting another business or countries economy unless they've already reported that, and even then I won't go into detail as I shouldn't.

I definitely encourage anyone who wants a GE&T-specific news thread to post in there, as I'd prefer not being the main one to post all the time. It isn't - and should not be - a news thread mostly about me. My apologies if that's what you felt I was doing - trying to use that only to push myself over everyone else. You're an excellent writer, and I'd welcome you to be a writer in there as well, so there is more balanced economic news.

I'm sorry if I have made anyone feel like "It's all about ViZion the superpower blah blah blah" - I know I'm not the best, the biggest, or the most influential. I've lost wars where I've lost my entire ancestral homeland (Italy and Tunisia), I've had businesses that never get off the ground or fall down and collapse, I've lost sports championships. And I'd be more involved in International Incidents if I had the time - but I don't want to screw up someone's RP by committing to it, and then dropping out halfway through and leave them hanging if I'm playing a major roll - as life comes ahead of NS.

I always welcome constructive criticism of my work, as I want to improve. I've asked many people for help and input, and storefronts like yours and many others I use as a goal to reach in storefront quality - just as I try to help others.

Thank you for your input.
Last edited by ViZion on Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

(Founded June 14, 2003)

HerpDeDerp
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby HerpDeDerp » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:38 pm

How do I write applications for my company the way they are usually written?
I dont use NS stats

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:28 pm

You'll definitely want to use the [code*] BBcode. For example, if you want to have your form posts look like this:

Company Header

Country Name:
Company Name:
Representative:
...(other info depending on what kind of business)

You'll want the follow code...

Code: Select all
[code][align=center][size=150]Company Header[/size][/align]
[b]Country Name:[/b]
[b]Company Name:[/b]
[b]Representative:[/b]
...(other info depending on what kind of business)[/code]

Hope that helps!
Last edited by ViZion on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

(Founded June 14, 2003)

Pharthan
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pharthan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:10 pm

Maltropia wrote:One of the most thorough trainvending storefronts I've seen is Orbis Rail Systems. I'd also recommend looking at Karlberg Locomotives, but the owner tragically CTE'd. As in anything, pick the metrics that you think your customers would want to know: passenger count, top speed, etc. Be thorough and don't cut corners.

Other storefronting tips also apply.

That blue though, it's offensively bright against the background.
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

"Humanity is a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"Besides, if God didn't want us making glowing fish and insect-resistant corn, the building blocks of life wouldn't be so easy for science to fiddle with." - Dracoria

Why haven't I had anything new in my storefront for so long? This is why. I've been busy.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Global Economics and Trade Help Desk and Q&A

Postby Yohannes » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:52 pm

As a regular member and forum poster of NationStates, I realise my previous post was unacceptable.

What I said was clearly wrong and I apologise unreservedly for the offence that I had caused through my offensive and politically incorrect post on Monday February 12, 2018 [ Link here ].

What I said was uncalled for and did not contribute to the culture of this sub forum (Global Economics and Trade), and as a long-standing member of this sub forum (alongside ViZion, Neu Engollon, and others), I should have known better than that.

What I said about ViZion was uncalled for, untrue, and downright politically incorrect.

I have watched ViZion played NationStates for years and I have the utmost respect for the work he had done for the historical NationStates Trainer Programme (which was the predecessor of the current National and International Roleplay Mentor programme set by Jenrak in 2011). I am sorry (to ViZion, Neu Engollon, and other regular posters in the Global Economics and Trade Help Desk and Q&A) for creating such an offensive and rude post that was very offensive, and I would like to once again apologise unreservedly for the offence that I had caused.

I hope that this post will not be deleted by the forum moderators because I want people to know that what I said about ViZion was downright offensive, and I want future players to see my posts here to reference/look back to, just in case I do become rude once again in future (and so people and possibly forum moderators can warn me and use my previous posts here as evidence that I need to knock it off/turn down the heat/be nicer/be less argumentative in future).

I will now be withdrawing from posting any Out of Character post/making any Out of Character comment in the Global Economics and Trade sub forum completely as I realise that I have failed completely in my role as someone that new players should look up to. The regulars of this sub forum as well as the National and International Roleplay Mentors in charge of this sub forum are trying their best to improve the culture of the Global Economics and Trade sub forum. They have done a lot and I know that GE&T will improve much better in future thanks to all of them (especially the devoted regulars).

I have realised that I have failed in my role as a supposed GE&T role model and I will thus retire permanently from posting any Out of Character post/making any Out of Character comment in this sub forum, to prevent politically incorrect incidents such as what I did with my previous post from happening ever again. Once again, I apologise unreservedly for the offence that I had caused through my offensive and politically incorrect post on Monday February 12, 2018.

-E and Y
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:45 am

Yohan - as far as I'm concerned, all's forgiven. I do welcome messages with any concerns or tips for improvement, so if there's something that is bothering you, please do let me know.

(Founded June 14, 2003)

Borovan6
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan6 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:03 pm

This looks heavy on info. I'll look into this later but I don't know how u can distinguish the good and bad quality product when making them
Last edited by Borovan6 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Borovan6 wrote:This looks heavy on info. I'll look into this later but I don't know how u can distinguish the good and bad quality product when making them

A "good" product is one that has had some amount of obvious love and thought lavished on it and tells the potential purchaser what they need to know to make a decision about if is it for them or not. Nice (or at least unique) art helps a lot but there have been a lot of examples of great art let down by descriptions that are generally lacking.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Copperward
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Copperward » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:51 pm

What are the benefits to organizing a storefront and selling products and ideas to other nations?

Azadeshia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Azadeshia » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:54 pm

I am not able to calculate my profits.Can someone help me?

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:04 pm

Copperward wrote:What are the benefits to organizing a storefront and selling products and ideas to other nations?

The fun of doing so.

Its the same as any other role play element on the forum in thatthe only "gain" is the fun of interacting with other nations.
The Kingdom of Crookfur

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:08 pm

Azadeshia wrote:I am not able to calculate my profits.Can someone help me?

There isn't any real way to actually calculate profits unless you are running spreadsheets to account for the costs of production, distribution, taxes and legal fees etc vs your actual turn over.

You could try to approximate it by looking at RL companies in roughly similar positions to yours and see what sort of profit margin they run but getting clear figures can be very difficult unless you are really into your economics and accounting.
The Kingdom of Crookfur

Sikagoa
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sikagoa » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:45 pm

How do i make one of those “code: select all” things at the bottom of these form type things?
Last edited by Sikagoa on Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Latest in news: The Grand Duke comments on the weather: ‘Tis very clammy
New Castillan Empire wrote:An MT nation with a large-ass navy and one ridiculously powerful bomb.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade