NATION

PASSWORD

Global Economics and Trade Help Desk and Q&A

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Britonisea » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:21 pm

Postimage is very good, and is like tinypic. The URL that are given means that they shouldn't be changed or replaced.

Also, on the first page, more than half of the storefronts are about the aeroplane industry, and I think that perhaps something needs to be done to get people who are interested in participating in GE&T to set up different types of storefronts - it is getting a bit boring. I mean, to the point where these threads are only getting a page and a half of activity and then that's it. I think it drowns out the airline storefronts that could succeed.

I have been guilty of making inactive storefronts and airlines/airports etc but I think it's getting a bit obsessive... Seems as though there are just no ideas, imaginative ideas, when it comes to storefronts. Maybe we just need an influx of new ideas and new storefronts to get newer members interested.

Anyway, I've decided to open up a storefront for the first time in a year or so, and hopefully I will be able to keep it up haha....unlike the others.

Oh and hello :lol: everyone!
Last edited by Britonisea on Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Cirdia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cirdia » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:20 pm

Britonisea wrote:Postimage is very good, and is like tinypic. The URL that are given means that they shouldn't be changed or replaced.

Also, on the first page, more than half of the storefronts are about the aeroplane industry, and I think that perhaps something needs to be done to get people who are interested in participating in GE&T to set up different types of storefronts - it is getting a bit boring. I mean, to the point where these threads are only getting a page and a half of activity and then that's it. I think it drowns out the airline storefronts that could succeed.

I have been guilty of making inactive storefronts and airlines/airports etc but I think it's getting a bit obsessive... Seems as though there are just no ideas, imaginative ideas, when it comes to storefronts. Maybe we just need an influx of new ideas and new storefronts to get newer members interested.

Anyway, I've decided to open up a storefront for the first time in a year or so, and hopefully I will be able to keep it up haha....unlike the others.

Oh and hello :lol: everyone!

The problem with the current NS aviation industry is that there is an abundance of aviation-related storefronts, but a severe lack of quality aviation-related storefronts. As a result, the perception of all aviation-related storefronts has degraded significantly. It annoys me as well that there are all these good storefronts being buried under thread upon thread of substandard storefronts - many of which are made without much thought (if any) as to the content and aesthetics of the thread.
"Dreams are more fragile and fleeting than a glass rose, so then why are we destined to dream?"

ACTIVE STOREFRONTS
Cirdiana Airways | Avethera - Commercial Aviation Division | UniCarte

STOREFRONTS IN DEVELOPMENT
ICB | Adfinitas | Ambrosia | Vitreus | Travus

SHAME on those who create alts with the sole purpose to drive artificial demand. In real life, that's called market manipulation and is punishable by law.
Then again, this is a forum, but whatevs. Cheat if you want to. :3

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Lamoni » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:57 pm

Speaking as a mentor, if the GE&T community were willing to assist those who have less well done storefronts, we wouldn't have to worry about problems like this as much. Remember, GE&T is as much a part of the NS community as any other, and it takes all of us to help make things better. Start with friendly TGs to those whom you think that you can help, it can really make a difference, especially as most of these people really do not know how to make a professional looking storefront.

And we mentors are also willing to help those who ask us for help. We have two mentors with GE&T knowledge/experience, which are myself and Maltropia. It would help the both of us if the whole GE&T community were to help new storefront owners out, in a friendly way. It really does work!
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:07 pm

Quite as Lamoni said. One doesn't need a fancy jacket to help others. Take some time, telegram players, point them to the available resources, even provide your own experiences and insight. More often than not, all it takes is a bit of positive advice extended by a friendly hand.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Cirdia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cirdia » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:08 pm

I'm willing to assist as long as it doesn't compromise the elements that make me distinctive from everyone else. The last thing I want is some lazy, copy-paste iteration of the original content I wrote or made. I wouldn't mind helping someone out who makes an effort to build their own, original brand as long as I retain what makes me unique. Does that make sense?

PS. It's only fair to say I was inspired by different sources for my storefronts and I make a point of indicating that when applicable, but I don't copy things word-per-word, change bits here and there, then present it as my own. That would still be plagiarism.
Last edited by Cirdia on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dreams are more fragile and fleeting than a glass rose, so then why are we destined to dream?"

ACTIVE STOREFRONTS

SHAME on those who create alts with the sole purpose to drive artificial demand. In real life, that's called market manipulation and is punishable by law.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:35 pm

That makes a lot of sense, actually. It would also be perfectly acceptable.
National Anthem

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Asenovgrod
Secretary

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Asenovgrod » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:23 pm

Hello resident GE&T'ers. I have been looking for a fair bit of time now for a suitable method of RPing as I am having trouble finding RP that really fits my preferences. So, I decided, why not go to GE&T and make a storefront?

Currently I'm planning out a thread for something I believe is rather original for GE&T - essentially, the subject of the storefront would be a economic fund released by my nation's government dedicated to encouraging settlement of a specified uninhabited island owned by my nation as well as gathering funds so that various ministries in my nation can perform surveys and the like, such as prospecting for say, silver on the island, or ore. I've got plenty of stuff planned out for this storefront - namely, I have a edited map of the island and decent BBcode skills at my disposal. I just decided to pop in here and see if there'd be any major interest in something like my idea.

Cirdia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cirdia » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:37 am

I'm on the fence about it because it seems like it would fit in better in International Incidents rather than GE&T. Don't get me wrong though, I think it's a great idea.

ACTIVE STOREFRONTS

Asenovgrod
Secretary

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Asenovgrod » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:41 am

I guess I can get where you're coming from, but if it doesn't fit here, dont you think it probably is better fit on NationStates than II?

Cirdia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cirdia » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Oh, right. Sorry. I was browsing II before replying. I guess that's what stuck to my mind while I was typing.

ACTIVE STOREFRONTS

Westwickport
Envoy

Founded: Oct 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Westwickport » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:18 am

Put in II sub forum Asenovgrod, aha. Way more people there! More traffic, more potential posters!
Green liberalism - Liberal feminism - An economy for all
Hi! My main nation is [ Yohannes ]. Nice to meet you!
God Defend New Zealand! - E Ihowā Atua!
This is my roleplayed nation when I want to have a wee bit of fun; sorry for the lazily written posts!

Yelandias
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

[Moved]

Postby Yelandias » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:22 am

[Moved}
Last edited by Yelandias on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Westwickport
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Re: Yelandias

Postby Westwickport » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Yelandias wrote:I'm new to thsi game and am just trying stuff out so sorry if I make mistakes/post this in the wrong forum/do something else stupid. :)

This is probably not the right thread to advertise R&D or Gameplay (Re: Anyone interested in R&D?), though many National and International Roleplaying forum goers do participate in Gameplay activities already (under alternate accounts, or with their main accounts whilst storytelling with their alternate accounts). Other than that, there's no penalty for posting stuff (wrong or not) here, so no worries, even if you do post random stuff (like you just did, aha)
Last edited by Westwickport on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is my roleplayed nation when I want to have a wee bit of fun; sorry for the lazily written posts!

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:47 pm

As pertinent a place as any...

Congratulations to Lamoni, the Mentor Program's latest Senior N&I RP Mentor! :clap:
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Westwickport
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Westwickport » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:51 pm

Kyrusia wrote:As pertinent a place as any...

Congratulations to Lamoni, the Mentor Program's latest Senior N&I RP Mentor! :clap:

Gratz to Lamoni! Let's hope with more Senior N&I RP Mentors now, there will be more support, attention, and love for the Global Economics & Trade sub forum!

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Thank you. :) There will indeed be improvements on the way for GE&T, but we will not be changing community conventions. Stay tuned!
National Anthem

Prosorusiya
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prosorusiya » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:33 pm

What say y'all to the idea of doing a railway storefront? I haven't seen anything like this done in a while, with the exception of Orbis, with only a few storefronts offering railway equipment, and none offering airline-type services... I might try and resurrect something like the old Aurentine Central Station thread which was kind like an storefront only with more RP elements. Essentially, it was people RP-ing going to an active train station as characters, with the OP running trains\operations to give them something to interact with. Unfortunately, it wound up being a never-ending string of terrorist bombings, as it often was in the early NS Senate days.

Thoughts?

I think someone also once did a bush airline which was pretty neat. If I really wanted to be madly unrealistic, I could make a storefront for Magical Girls...can you tell I spent the weekend at an Anime Con? It certainly would be amusing...
AH Ossetia (1921-1989)

10th Anniversary: NS User Since 2012

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:41 pm

I briefly ran a roleplay for new players, set in my main airport (which has a storefront). I think it's a solid idea at both ends. The issue is that with railways, unlike airports, you're much more confined by who you can interact with since many people have fixed borders in roleplay regions, are island states and so on; it's as much a problem for making it an inclusive, everyone-welcome roleplay setting as it is for making a storefront out of it.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Westwickport
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Westwickport » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:20 pm

Prosorusiya wrote:What say y'all to the idea of doing a railway storefront?

If its designed in a good way (not just good format and layout, but also heavy content and good information, uhm, I do say it'll be successful (with patience)! Edit: Also, try not to treat other players based on your out of character opinion of them; people who watch storefront threads don't usually like that kind of negative/argumentative vibe; it's a real business killer (e.g., 'Blacklist: if you are listed here you are not welcomed to post', 'OOC: quality of posting required bla bla bla)

Prosorusiya wrote:I haven't seen anything like this done in a while, with the exception of Orbis, with only a few storefronts offering railway equipment, and none offering airline-type services... I might try and resurrect something like the old Aurentine Central Station thread which was kind like an storefront only with more RP elements.

Go for it! So long as u enjoy it it's all in your hands!

Prosorusiya wrote:Essentially, it was people RP-ing going to an active train station as characters, with the OP running trains\operations to give them something to interact with. Unfortunately, it wound up being a never-ending string of terrorist bombings, as it often was in the early NS Senate days.

Thoughts?

Uhm, instead of relying on other players, why not storytell the characters, and make up the scene yourself? Aha, like what I used to do here: [ viewtopic.php?p=30887936#p30887936 ]. That way, you can bump your thread non-stop (by storytelling about a scene, characters, or something involving your company), have creative content (not just copy pasted message of acceptance or approval, over and over again), and it's legitimate too (in fact, writing actual story in character wise in your storefront thread is more legitimate than simply replying to fictional customers/other players with copy pasted 'accepted' and 'approved messages; because... who wants to read that kind of thing over and over again?)

So... just post like you do in NationStates or International Incidents sub forum, but this time, post or storytell in your storefront thread (instead of other people's threads). The only drawback to this would be time; would you have the real life time to do it? Aha

Edit: sorry for using my own piece of storytelling as one example (I know it can be a bit... uhm, inappropriate, aha). But I can't find any other storefronts (from browsing) that do the same thing recently (there must be some though, just probably from years ago)
Last edited by Westwickport on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Prosorusiya
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prosorusiya » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:20 am

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely take it under consideration. I especially like the idea of turning the replies to orders into more RP-ing, rather than strictly relying on customers as sometimes that puts too much onus on them (after all, not everybody is here to role-play, or experienced in such, something as an RP-er I need to be reminded of occasionally). I don't know if I'll go in the "works" or "station" direction at this point: the station angle would be interesting but a whee bit more difficult since for some reason the buying routes idea is more popular on NS than buying tickets, which... is odd, but also is convention. Since I am going to try and push the envelope with whatever idea I wind up going with I don't want to confuse prospective customers too much. A "works" idea would be closer to the kind of storefront that Orbis is, only perhaps a bit more bespoke. I could have a fairly realistic system of orders, especially for steam locomotives, where essentially I would ask for basic parameters from customers, like the locomotive's purpose, gauge, ect., and then RP a locomotive designer drawing up plans for the locomotives to fit the customers needs, rather than having a stock catalogue. That would mean that basically every order to the storefront would be bespoke, which would take some time to do but might make for an interesting change of pace.
AH Ossetia (1921-1989)

10th Anniversary: NS User Since 2012

Shin-Yudaya
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shin-Yudaya » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:57 am

how does one post general trade offers? Can I open a special thread detailing what I want to sell and what do I want in return, or is there some process I need to go through first?

Westwickport
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Westwickport » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:00 pm

Shin-Yudaya wrote:how does one post general trade offers?

You can post in a thread of someone's storefront or general trade thread, uhm

Shin-Yudaya wrote:Can I open a special thread detailing what I want to sell and what do I want in return,

or you can do that also, aha

Shin-Yudaya wrote:or is there some process I need to go through first?

You can also write a story (write like in a book) about how your nation needs metal, oil, cars, et al., and then put up an application below the story, like this (just one simple example, don't follow it if you want something more in-depth)

Code: Select all
Your nation name:

Goods/services you are offering:

Goods/services you want from us:

Please summarise here about where you want this relationship to go:

Plante-Walsh
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Convert NSD/USD to my currency

Postby Plante-Walsh » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:46 pm

can somebody please help me to convert 1 NSD/USD to my currency

Argentinstan
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:54 pm

A United Nations of Earthlings member state. Former Prime Minister.
Embassy Program l Bank of the Atlantic l Air Argentine l Argentinstan City Int'l Airport l Guide to Storefronts l Issues l City/County/State/Territory Websites
Telegram Me

Argentinstan is a constitutional monarchy representative democracy led by King Menem III and President Elijah Turner.

Plante-Walsh
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Plante-Walsh » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:56 pm

it says that the website doesnt exist.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade