NATION

PASSWORD

VMK (OOC: Historical)

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lormotia
Civilian

Founded: Mar 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lormotia » Thu May 14, 2015 8:35 pm

As per private telegrams between Lormotia and Yohannes, our government hereby open the borders of Lormotia to VMK commercial presence and export. We expect Yohannes to do the same for our information technology businesses and sectors.

Although Lormotia is a peace loving nation, recent events in the region has required of me to invest in some... security. Unfortunately, due to a ban on cars and airplanes, our current tanks and fighters are lacking in advancement. However, don't be fooled, our infantry and Navy, are world class and armed with the newest technological advancements in the art of war.

It's time I bridge that gap. I would like to place an order for
-40 "KDF80 Vuurhaag Interceptor Aircraft"
-30 "DAT-A55 'Predator' Medium Tank"
-20 "Pz.Kpf.W AY2-1B 'Panthera Uncia' Main Battle Tank"

In terms of payment, a set of five ships should be arriving at your harbours with the payment in 5 parts, for security reasons, I hope you understand.

Please note, that these deliveries must be top secret. If another nation is to discover of this transaction, it will damage my reputation. Special encrypted delivery instructions have been sent... If you don't receive it, just, follow the coastline until you see the teal lighthouse of the coast of Sel Island Coast. That's the military base.

I am honoured to do business with a great monarch such as myself. Let both our nations prosper for all eternity.

-Barb Olaf, Tsar of The Kingdom of Lormotia

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Fri May 15, 2015 1:24 am

Official Correspondence As Written By
Wilhelm III, Yohannesian Emperor and King of Alexandria
Translated from [Yohannesian] to [English]

Official Document
Foreign Trade Office
Realms of Yohannes
Halsten Regency Trade Complex | 14 Turnbull Place
Lindblum National Square | Lindblum | Yohannes 7010
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cuevi wrote:Name of agency/business/entity: BauxiTech
Nation of origin: Cuevi
Which type of goods or service do you wish to sell to us, and export to Yohannes? Refined Aluminium, Aluminium Alloys, and Steel
Any further comments or inquiries? None

Kia Ora! Te āheitanga katoa, Takawaenga e whakahonoretia ana,

He ra pai kia kotou, I offer you my sincere gratitude, Your Excellency, for your decision to welcome our presence within the burgeoning Cuevian market. I have sent another letter to your secretary to inform you of our acceptance to your terms and conditions as per the agreement we have established upon the conclusion of private negotiations conducted by our affiliated firms and their respective representatives.

The conclusion of our long discussion has resulted in the creation of Preferential Trade Agreement status between the Government of Cuevi and the Imperial Government of Yohannes. I am sure of the modest growth that can be had for Cuevian and Yohannesian firms. Our agreement complements the current domestic demand within our respective nations. Henceforth, currently existing regulation and tariffs will be reduced -gradually as circumstances and conditions permit - for Cuevian firms engaged in business or trading of the above quoted category of goods in affiliation with the entities of BauxiTech; as stipulated by your delegate in our previous private discussion.

The Preferential Trading and attached clauses of this agreement between our two nations shall be put into effect on the sixteenth of May, unless certain violations of previously accepted terms and conditions are made by either of the following parties: [Yohannesischestaffel und Reichskommissariat Ostland; YOYO - Yohannes][Ministry of Trade - Cuevi]

I, and my people, would like to think of this advancement as a step towards a closer economic engagement and bilateral cooperation between our two nations. May Cuevi and Yohannes live in peace and prosperity in these fruitful times ahead of us.

His Imperial and Royal Majesty Wilhelm III
By the Grace of God, Yohannesian Emperor and King of Alexandria, Margrave of Southland, Burgrave of Scarymelly, Count of Mamamia, Duke of Homophora and of the County of Glass, Grand Duke of the Upper Vista and of Windows, Duke of Apple, of Washing, of Cartamania, of Jenrakia and of Tsaraine, Duke of Maxtopian, of Smalltopia and of Crossing, Duke of Bambamburg, of Clever, of Goodmanland and of Dumb, Sleeves and Burb, Duke of the Weeds and the Kardashians, of Laurasville and of Rottenburg, Landgrave of Hiss and in Massgrave, Margrave of Upper and Lower Loopholia, Prince of Purple, of Bluedenberg, of East Chipsland, of Higherborn and of Python, Prince of Halberd, of Moonster, of Linden, of Osfallenouch, of Hildasgood, of Fallen, of Kammir, of Foolah, of Baws and of Booze, Princely Count of Heineken, Count of the Manns, of Crowberg, of Wilhelmstein, of Adolftein and of Tinglen, Count of Catherine, of Singmarine and of Papousmen, Lord of Flankpoop and Princely Elector of the Baboushka-Mungkey Village, Enlightened Despot, Papertowel Field Marshal, Administrator of the Yohannesian Fictional GE&T Office, Grand Judge of The Hunger Games, Imperial Ambassador to the World Assembly, Defender and Supporter of the Maxtopian Faith

Cuevi wrote:Name of nation: Cuevi
Name of agency/entity to manage, represent or supervise our facilities in your nation: Cuevian Coast Guard, Union of Longshoremen, Secretariat of Commerce
Type of facilities [tick one or more]:
Logistics & shipping centre [ X ] Shipyard [ X ] Others (please explain in 'comments' section below) []
Number of above facilities [of the type you have ticked/chosen]: 1 L&SC and 1 Shipyard
[Optional]Economic policy: Free market Capitalism with minor regulations for the health and safety of the People and the Environment

To the Honourable Minister of Trade of Cuevi,

On May the sixteenth, the Year of our Lord, at the Board of Directors daily online meeting, the Board declared the conclusion of the 'Republic Cuevi Foreign Investment Scheme' voting session, resulting in a 7-3 voting with 7 in favour of its passage, and 3 not in favour. As discussed in our private meeting five days ago, the Project Director of our joint programme shall not, without the written consent of both VMK AG and the Ministry of Trade of Cuevi, be vested with the authority to act a representative of the Joint Management Board.

Secondly, any party that is dissatisfied with any decision taken by the Project Director - who will be of Cuevian origin and/or nationality - in the performance of his or her duty, may refer the matter for a review by the Joint Management Board and the Board, following its review, shall confirm, revoke or alter the construction of any project in your designated industrial area. Until the review procedure relating to the aforementioned project planning is finalised, both parties shall act in accordance with the decision of the Joint Project Director, who will be also be of Cuevian origin or nationality.

Thirdly, both VMK AG and the Ministry of Trade of Cuevi shall cooperate and work together in good faith. The preparation and submission of each project site must be evaluated with both the spirit of cooperation and goodwill, as well as Cuevi-Yohannesian joint interest at heart. Both parties shall furthermore give the required commercial, technical and related information required for the successful implementation of the aforementioned future joint projects.

It is my pleasure to provide you, the latest of our foreign commercial partners, with these opportunities as well as further, negotiable investment options, should they be desired by you. VMK is continuing to grow at a sustainable rate within our periodical objective and forecast.

Your trust and decision to cooperate and work alongside our business is one of the many reasons we are going to continue this sustainable trend of modest commercial growth.

By the Grace of God, Yohannesian Emperor and King of Alexandria, Margrave of Southland, Burgrave of Scarymelly, Count of Mamamia, Duke of Homophora and of the County of Glass, Grand Duke of the Upper Vista and of Windows, Duke of Apple, of Washing, of Cartamania, of Jenrakia and of Tsaraine, Duke of Maxtopian, of Smalltopia and of Crossing, Duke of Bambamburg, of Clever, of Goodmanland and of Dumb, Sleeves and Burb, Duke of the Weeds and the Kardashians, of Laurasville and of Rottenburg, Landgrave of Hiss and in Massgrave, Margrave of Upper and Lower Loopholia, Prince of Purple, of Bluedenberg, of East Chipsland, of Higherborn and of Python, Prince of Halberd, of Moonster, of Linden, of Osfallenouch, of Hildasgood, of Fallen, of Kammir, of Foolah, of Baws and of Booze, Princely Count of Heineken, Count of the Manns, of Crowberg, of Wilhelmstein, of Adolftein and of Tinglen, Count of Catherine, of Singmarine and of Papousmen, Lord of Flankpoop and Princely Elector of the Baboushka-Mungkey Village, Enlightened Despot, Papertowel Field Marshal, Administrator of the Yohannesian Fictional GE&T Office, Grand Judge of The Hunger Games, Imperial Ambassador to the World Assembly, Defender and Supporter of the Maxtopian Faith
Last edited by Yohannes on Fri May 15, 2015 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

The Tomanian Reich
Secretary

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tomanian Reich » Fri May 15, 2015 1:14 pm

Our government hereby open the border of the Federal Republic of The Tomanian Reich commercial presence and export. We expect Yohannes to do the same for our largest companies and industries.
signature

Ril Island
Diplomat

Founded: May 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ril Island » Sat May 16, 2015 12:39 am

The goverment of Ril Island would like to order 15 Buckler Gun Convoy Protection Vehicle's.

Please ship them to the Gruynian goverment to help fight the fascist revolt.
MY NS STATS ARE NOT MY REAL STATS
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.36
Sorta like Gandhi but with slightly more execution
Not dead.

The Reborn German Empire
Secretary

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reborn German Empire » Sat May 16, 2015 1:12 am

Name of Nation: The Reborn German Empire
Number of Factories: 5
Optional Side-note (additional side-note you want to tell us): N/A
Last edited by The Reborn German Empire on Sat May 16, 2015 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
German Embassy Program

Please note that The Reborn German Empire orients itself on the monarchic German Empire(1871 -1918), not on Nazi Germany(1933 - 1945)

Taelete
Envoy

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Taelete » Sat May 16, 2015 8:09 am

Our government hereby open the border of the Aristocratic Trade Republic of Taelete to VMK commercial presence and export. We expect Yohannes to do the same for our largest companies and industries.
Feel free to TG me for any diplomatic or War RP, I'm always interested.

“Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”
― Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince

Holy Altmoran Empire
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 11, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Holy Altmoran Empire » Sat May 16, 2015 1:34 pm

The Altmoran Aristocracy and Government hereby open the borders of our Fatherland and Greater Empire to VMK commercial presence and export. We expect Yohannes to do the same for our Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing and Automobile Manufacturing businesses.
Altmoran Embassy Programme
I DO NOT USE NS STATS

Eredion
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eredion » Sat May 16, 2015 1:59 pm

On behalf of the Holy Empire of Eredion:
Name of nation: Eredion
Name of shipbuilding company, agency or organisation to manufacture our technical & naval spare parts: Adlerwerke, manufacturing of land based weapon systems, tanks and other vehicles.
Last edited by Eredion on Sat May 16, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud founding member of the Union of Sovereign States

Union Of Autocratic Empires
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Union Of Autocratic Empires » Sat May 16, 2015 2:14 pm

Kaisar Karl, in the name of the Kaisarreich of the Union of Autocratic Empires, receives with open arms the VMK and its products to unionist soil. He also hopes Yohannes would help Abulan Air find a market for its famous zeppelins.

Kaisar Karl would also like to know if VMK could provide the following products to the Unionist Polive:

-250.000 electric stun batons
-300.000 dartguns
-700.000 tranquiliser rifle
-930.000 stab proof vests
-150.000 APCs equiped with water hoses.
Last edited by Union Of Autocratic Empires on Sat May 16, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my nation's soundtrack!
Our History
The Unionist Federal Council

UoAE is pursuing a new research. They claim that what they're doing is the missing link. A waifu to surpass Metal Sugoi.
Damnit, Nation, I'm a writer, not a military consultant. I write about impossible and cool things, wether they are realist or not.
Long live Azenyanistan! The true heart of Sishai!

Kimbaland
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kimbaland » Sat May 16, 2015 3:55 pm

Nation: [kimbaland]
Order: [1Hamasaka Class Guided Missile Destroyer [DDG]/2 Dauntless Class Guided Missile Destroyer [DDG]/2 Intrepid Class Air Defence Frigate [FFG]/1 Intrepid Class Air Defence Frigate [FFG]/1 Commonwealth Class Nuclear Aircraft Carrier [CVN]/20 ZM-7L 'Dreadnought' Intercontinental Strategic Stealth Bomber / 10 Wiremu Class Container Ship [ULCV]]
[Optional]Additional comments: [you don't have to fill this one, or you can put anything else you want to say here]

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sat May 16, 2015 7:22 pm

Official Document
Foreign Trade Office
Realms of Yohannes
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Togeria wrote:Nation: [Togeria]
Order: [75 Panthera Leo MBT's & 200 Arctos medium tanks]
[Optional]Additional comments: [you don't have to fill this one, or you can put anything else you want to say here]

Kia Ora to our literal allies and metaphorical brothers in Togeria,

Sir, it is my pleasure to inform you with the sending of this letter, of the approval of your order by the Imperial Office of Foreign Relations and Trade this morning. As written under the introduction section of this storefront: the relevant designs, technical details and blueprints as well as supporting technicians should arrive already in your headquarters the very moment that you have posted your order on our storefront.

We here at VMK hope that the war assets you have procured will serve your government most brilliantly. Since the opening of our storefront 4 real life years ago, VMK and its affiliated firms have been supplying nations of the NationStates Roleplaying World with our tanks and military vehicles, as well as war and merchant ships that today roam some parts of the international communities’ oceans and sovereign borders. You can be sure of the lethality of our systems on the field of battle itself.

Thank you for your business, and for choosing VMK: the land and naval systems exporting front of the nineteen countries.

Big Gunz Interweb wrote:Hello,

I would like to buy 10000 panther heavy main battle tanks for my army

so I can destroy my enemies

Sincerely,
Maximilian Wolfgang
Generalissimo-El Presidente Emperor-King-President
Democratic Imperial Republican Kingdom of Big Gunz Interweb

Kia Ora! Te āheitanga katoa, Takawaenga e whakahonoretia ana,

I am pleased to inform you of the approval of your order by the Imperial Office of Foreign Relations and Trade. As written under the introduction section of this storefront: the relevant designs, technical details and blueprints as well as supporting technicians should arrive already in your headquarters the very moment that you have posted your order on our storefront.

We at VMK hope that the war assets you have purchased will serve your government most effectively. Since the opening of our storefront 4 real life years ago, VMK and its affiliated firms have been supplying nations of the NationStates Roleplaying World with our tanks and military vehicles, as well as war and merchant ships that today roam some parts of the international communities’ oceans and sovereign borders. You can be sure of the lethality of our systems on the field of battle itself.

Thank you for your decision to choose VMK: the land and naval systems exporting front of the nineteen countries.

The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Toquasia
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 17, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Toquasia » Sat May 16, 2015 8:01 pm

The Ministry of Finance and People's Republic government hereby open the borders of Toquasia to VMK commercial presence and export. We expect Yohannes to do the same for our most important businesses and largest Industries .

Chookaku
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Chookaku » Sat May 16, 2015 8:29 pm

Chookaku wrote:Chookaku believes in the right of self exploitation and defese. We have seen your dreadnought stealth bomber design and do believe that it is the best of the bunch. The hot tea brewing essential, Cutleries & chop sticks, Air conditioned shower and Coffee & hot milk are just some of the many crusts and cream on top of the bread and wine.

As such, the Republican Royal Government of Chookaku hereby will order 1000.1347 of your ZM-7L Dreadnought Intercontinental Strategic Stealth Bomber to arrive tomorrow.

Signed, Leon Imperialsky Chancellor King

plz reply ihve wait for a week now

Bellevaria
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Bellevaria » Sat May 16, 2015 9:31 pm

Name of agency/business/entity: Crown Metals
Nation of origin: The Kingdom of Bellevaria
Which type of goods or service do you wish to sell to us, and export to Yohannes?: Crown Metals can provide Iron,Steel,Platinum,Titanium and Aluminium.
Any further comments or inquiries?: N/A

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Sun May 17, 2015 1:15 am

Chookaku wrote:
Chookaku wrote:Chookaku believes in the right of self exploitation and defese. We have seen your dreadnought stealth bomber design and do believe that it is the best of the bunch. The hot tea brewing essential, Cutleries & chop sticks, Air conditioned shower and Coffee & hot milk are just some of the many crusts and cream on top of the bread and wine.

As such, the Republican Royal Government of Chookaku hereby will order 1000.1347 of your ZM-7L Dreadnought Intercontinental Strategic Stealth Bomber to arrive tomorrow.

Signed, Leon Imperialsky Chancellor King

plz reply ihve wait for a week now

Disclaimer: I'm not Yohannes and can't speak in their name.
Yohannes has a small backlog and currently is at roughly 3/5ths of page 134. I assume they'll finish page 134 and then continue to page 135, where your own order is.
Returned Nationstater -- You can leave Nationstates but Nationstates won't leave you.
Call me Jon, John, or Johnny, Jonathan or Jonnyboy, tJS and Jonathanian, with "states" or without.
This nation doesn't really represent my views and sarcasm is awesome.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun May 17, 2015 1:23 am

Out of character: All orders, queries, in character agreement proposals, relationship proposals, etc. are instantly approved/accepted as existing the moment you have posted on the storefront [regarding what you are posting about]. This policy can be seen at the very top of the storefront opening post below 'Under research' and above the huge VMK logo, titled 'Instant delivery and approval:'

so he (and everybody else) basically already got their orders the moment they have posted haha :p

and thanks for the assistance. Much appreciated friend @Jonathan

Edit: My in-character/IC replies are just there for storytelling/roleplaying flavours: to decorate the thread with something pretty looking and something to read about the fantasy entity 'VMK', so to speak.
Last edited by Yohannes on Sun May 17, 2015 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun May 17, 2015 4:17 am

The History of Yohannesian Industrialisation: to catch up with the old world nations, and acquire technological parity

The flood of cheap foreign
goods threatened the economic
independence of Yohannes.
The period of domestic prosperity following the Treaty of Loriath further amplified the incentives of not just the traditional upper class citizens, but also that of that the common working class individuals, to succeed and perform productively for higher profit and labour reward. As an example, from 1512 to 1522, a period of only ten years, public infrastructure throughout Yohannes expanded rapidly, allowing for a more solid foundation required towards the opening path of the nation's industrialisation process.

A general secularist culture and moderate religious tradition of the elites furthermore ensure the fact that the potentiality of related strife or complex persecution found in multiple nations overseas were not present in Yohannes. Such development would impede upon the dynamism of Yohannesian pre-industrial economic foundation, human resource accumulation, educational as well as scientific breakthrough. It was upon this period, between the years of 1520s to 1800s, that demographic urbanisation, the rapid increase of shipping and commodities trading between the nineteen countries as well as the rise of highly-influential banking guilds and merchant associations paved the way for the very gradual industrialisation throughout the nineteen countries.

The equally slow trend of centralisation throughout the nineteen countries also symbolised the end of Yohannes’ so-called “feudal age” period, and further aided the beginning of an era known as the “Yohannesian Industrial & Scientific Miracle.” The nineteen countries were not capable of resisting the effort of its numerically and technologically superior, neighbouring regional nations, or the higher productivity and more advanced manufacturing capacity of various nations it daily imported the goods required to feed and sustain its population from. As quoted by the Third Earl of Randee, "Naturally, now united at last with a semblance of one centralised authority to represent the continent, buying time and giving temporary diplomatic as well as trade concessions would be two of our most obvious priorities... that is, if our great nation was to stand a chance of modernising itself, with its de-facto and de-jure independence left unscathed, and somewhat intact."

Multiple treaties of unjust nature were imposed upon the nation of Yohannes; exemplified in particular to the extraterritoriality rights granted to various old world governments. Pre-industrial Yohannes however, was not in a position, both economically and militarily, to counter these external pressures. Rigorous modernisation of its economy and strategic industries, therefore, was the primary objective of the government of this era. Heavy subsidies were in place throughout the continent, though the complex nature of free-trade imposition meant that the government was somewhat incapable of effectively exercising its sovereignty in commerce and trade related matters.

The seed drill process
enhanced agricultural productivity.
Nevertheless, it was evident that the opening of the continent to foreign trade had paved the way for the nation to very gradually increase its production efficiency, whilst and with equal haste, the government utilised its financial resources to encourage the growth of local industries and industrial capacity. The Bank of Yohannes was established for this very reason. National industrial priority was achieved by three means; as mentioned previously the subsidy of strategic-related industries such as that of the still infant shipbuilding, mass-produced textile as well as light manufacturing, the importation of important foreign developments and their domestic application in Yohannes, and finally the delegates sent to various well-regarded nations overseas to examine every aspects of their modern economic system as well as socio-political institutional framework.

During the late 1650s, agricultural innovation and the introduction of various new farming methods were the catalyst to this initial period of sustained economic growth. By the 1660s, consolidation of various large farming estates ensured the fact that these farms would be run with more effective and inventive techniques, one of which was the mass introduction of the seed drill process. This innovation was a breakthrough in comparison to the previous method, that of manual labour seed scattering process, which was time consuming by comparison. As a result, agricultural production efficiency increased approximately tenfold overnight, thereby allowing for a greater labour productivity for much less a cost. Furthermore, the breakthrough released the use of much-needed labour towards the then still developing and vulnerable industries, such as that of textile and light manufacturing.

This amalgamated and highly-increased effectiveness of agricultural production was simultaneously one of the main element behind the significant increase of population in Yohannes for this period. Based from all the above mentioned factors, by the 1660s, it was without a doubt that the successful implementation of this series of reforms throughout the nineteen countries had provided for the solid foundation it needed as a springboard to enter the rank of the world's industrialised nations.

During the reign of Wilhelm I, monarchs of the nineteen countries introduced a modified version of the imported Maxtopian inspired universal education system for young people. Hundreds and thousands of technical school students were given subsidies to study in technologically more advanced nations abroad, while educators located from vastly larger regions such as The West Pacific, The South Pacific and The East Pacific were hired to teach the latest science, mathematics, technology and civilised ethos domestically. The Imperial government heavily subsidised the construction and expansion of railroads, increased the standard of roads, and enacted various land reform programmes at local and regional levels throughout the Yohannesian Empire; to prepare the young generation for further development. The Imperial government chronically struggled, however, with serious balance of payment and related financial issues as a result of its rigorous efforts to aid industrialisation in the archipelago.

VMK Steel Works complex in
Halsten.
VMK as a functioning entity was first established in 22 June 1861, with the construction of its first steel manufactory; that of the Ardenfontein Steelwork in the capital city of Ardenfontein. As the empire industrialised itself further, the Ardenfontein Steelwork, renamed as VMK Steel Works in 1868 built a famous reputation for its successful domestic application of foreign concepts throughout the nineteen countries. Following the slow introduction of Yohannesian industrial goods abroad, VMK Steelworks naturally was catapulted to become an agent of export for the Yohannesian economy.

As a way of accelerating industrialisation, the Imperial government further allocated its limited resources towards private businesses occupying positions of strategic importance; however, realising at the same time that the quest of economic growth must largely be entrusted for the private sector to achieve by itself. These limited subsidies included government assistance for the construction of frontier (pioneering or model) factories and shipyards that were then sold to financially able entrepreneurs. In hindsight, Bigtopian and Maxtopian observers today acknowledged the bad decisions the government made in selling predecessor of firms that are today known for their profitability inside Yohannes. Governments at local and regional levels were, however, constantly lacking much needed capital for much of the 19th century, and were left with little alternative or choice. The enactment of business friendly policies were further made during much of that time.

By the 1880s, Yohannesian manufacturing dominated the home markets and competed modestly with foreign businesses in products such as machine tools, early electric gears and shipbuilding materials in a few nations outside the nineteen countries as well. Small to medium Yohannesian shipping firms were competing with foreign traders to carry these goods across the region of Atlas and even to the old world regions further afield. The technologically lacking nineteen countries were still trying to come to terms with their newly found industrialising situations. It was during this period as well that the reliance on building societies and merchants were originally made to largely assist the comparatively less advanced Yohannes in its modest quest of economic growth.

By 1900, VMK products; cast and forged steels, chemicals, machinery, medical equipments, steel plates, super alloys as well as metallurgy, and pressurised vessels were exported to a small number of nations overseas, allowing VMK Steel Works to acquire a small reputation as Yohannes' primary export enterprise. Naturally, expansion of technological knowledge further continued into the late 20th century, by which point the business's arms manufacturing division has finally overtaken its civilian industrial division. The Yohannesian Empire was still an economically lacking, militarily insignificant, diplomatically isolated nation; an empire weak in nature. But its success to maintain a continuing cycle of modest growth had offered its people with the hope that, perhaps, one day, they would be seen as nothing less than an equal and acceptably civilised nation by the rest of the world.
Last edited by Yohannes on Sun May 17, 2015 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Siee-estas
Civil Servant

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Siee-estas » Sun May 17, 2015 5:34 am

The People's Republic of Siee-Estas

To: The state of Yohannes

As the new nation based on enthusiastic ideology, we have a employment ready population ready to invest their labour into new industries that will boost both the economy and international relations with Yohannes.

Uranium has been discovered in our forests of which we are willing to export for nuclear capabilities for your nation, and to show trust. It is managed by the State Run Uranium Mining company (Siee Uranium Co.).

We would like to further enquire the system of embassy set up at your nation to further establish diplomatic ties and strengthen trade.

(End letter)

----

To: The state of Yohannes

We, as a nation willing to cooperate with possible future allies. In this way, we, Siee-Estas wish to allow building of VMK Steel Works factories in the industrial city of Esta. It is located within the center of the country, especially near the large city of Novaj Avivo.

It is worth noting that we have the civil right for religious weekends (Friday for Muslims, Saturday for Jews and Sunday for the Christian minority), and while the city demographics are evenly distributed, Novaj Avivo immigrants may bring many Jews.

The company we wish for you to deal with is the State owned Defense Co. largely fueled by military interest gained by our military service program.

(End Letter)
Last edited by Siee-estas on Sun May 17, 2015 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Taelete
Envoy

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Taelete » Sun May 17, 2015 6:52 am

Nation: [put the name of your nation here] The aristocratic trade republic of Taelete
Order: [put the stuff you want to buy here, also don't forget the number of that stuff you want to buy. Price we will calculate for you so don't worry]
150x DAT-B91 'Hamster' Self Propelled Artillery
5x Naval Carrier Package
5x Naval Cruiser Package
5x Naval Destroyer Package
5x Naval Submarine Package

We would be very happy if you could deliver these items at the city of Kaslamkovegrad in our colony Vishpanyar. From that point will we take care of the equipment. Here will your agents also receive their money.

signed

Tancred Filaurangius, commander-in-chief of the Taeletean ground forces in Vishpanyar, acting with the authority of the aristocratic republican council of Taelete.
Feel free to TG me for any diplomatic or War RP, I'm always interested.

“Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”
― Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince

Delkora
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Delkora » Sun May 17, 2015 10:30 am

The Kingdom of Delkora

Ministry of Trade

To the Great and Most Royal Empire of Yohannes:

We are pleased to announce that the trade agreement negotiated between our two nations has been approved by the Delkoran Parliament. Your request for military supplies was reviewed by our Ministry of Foreign Affairs pursuant to the Arms Control Act of 2012, which requires that nations receiving weapons exports from Delkoran companies meet certain standards in regards to government stability and civil rights. Yohannes met and exceeded these standards, and was thus approved. Currently, arrangements are being made for the shipment of goods to Yohannes. We look forward to future economic relations with your nation.

Sincerely,

Abarath Dagenwald
Minister of Trade
The Kingdom of Delkora

Name of agency/business/entity: Vraktana Steel Works (steel, tungsten); Delcom (computers); Nelymyyr Inc. (automobiles); Tordenhelm Arms (military supplies); Vassengaard Agriculture (coffee); Kryptenryyr Industries (aircraft components)
Nation of origin: Delkora
Which type of goods or service do you wish to sell to us, and export to Yohannes?: Automobiles, computers, coffee, steel, tungsten, aircraft components, and military supplies

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun May 17, 2015 1:23 pm

TO: VMK, Yohannes
ENCRYPTION: Maximum
Hello,
The Royal Empire would like to purchase the Domestic Production Rights for your product known as the Buckler Gun Convoy Escort. We believe that this will be a useful asset for both border control and military escort. We would also like to offer VMK land for factories and offices in the Royal Empire as a token of our appreciation.
Signed,
Regent Nikolai Sarton
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Datu
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Datu » Sun May 17, 2015 3:07 pm

Greetings,

The Unaounist Democratic Republic of Datu's Army Land Forces and Maritime Component is hereby forwarding its interest to purchase 7 VLT M5s, 4 Darius SUVs, 14 Pseudonaja Protected Mobility Vehicles, 3 CMPFs, 1 Phlegethon Class Guided Missile Frigate, and 2 Malaysia Class General Purpose Nuclear Submarines. We will deliver the payment once you have confirmed this order.

Thank you,
Luis De Pronto
Lieutenant Commander of the Army Land Forces

and

Meri Bau
Admiral of the Army Maritime Component
The Unaounist Democratic Republic of Datu

Astuana
Attaché

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Astuana » Sun May 17, 2015 7:12 pm

5 Pz.Kpf.W AY2-1B 'Panthera Uncia' for a total of 40 billion NSD
5 Pz.Kpf.W AY2-1L 'Panthera Leo' for a total of 90 billion NSD

The Astuanan government really appreciates the delivery of this purchase. We look forward to buying more from VMK.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.72

Athiris A cool RPing region with different timelines and periods.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon May 18, 2015 12:35 am

[Out of character/OOC notification: once again... just to remind those of our new acquaintances and storytelling partners in the wonderful fantasy realms of NationStates that your orders, queries, in character/IC agreement proposals, relationship proposals, etc. are instantly approved/accepted/considered as existing between our respective nations the moment you have posted on the storefront [regarding what you are posting about]. This policy can be seen at the very top of the storefront opening post below 'Under research' and above the huge VMK logo, titled 'Instant delivery and approval.'

My in character/IC replies are just there for storytelling/roleplaying flavours: to decorate this fictional business thread with something pretty looking and something to read about for the fantasy entity 'VMK'

Also, I am a very much freeform person; as such, feel free to exclude or not acknowledge certain things connected to the fictional business entity 'VMK' that you dislike/disagree with/considered as not suitable to your taste 33___(^__^)____// ]

Official Document
Foreign Trade Office
Realms of Yohannes

Togeria wrote:just put this: Name of nation: Togeria
Name of shipbuilding company, agency or organisation to manufacture our technical & naval spare parts: Jurodo Heavy Industries,
[Optional]Additional questions or comment(s):We design jets, tanks, and heavy guns.

Kia Ora to our friend, the national leader of Togeria!

It is truly my pleasure to have personally received myself the telegram of Your Excellency this morning. I have heard of the recent burst of activities of the government you lead on the International Incidents forum of the NationStates roleplaying realms. I will have to admit to you, Sir, that I have truly been entertained by the somewhat random contents you have written there so far. My advisers would say: 'you have a peculiar taste of humour, Emperor Wilhelm.'

'But I can care no less', I would correct him sternly, as well as to the naysayers just like him. You can say that we are brothers through thick and thin, Comrade, and while I would personally refrain myself from personally guaranteeing the creation of a full fledged military alliance between the governments of Togeria and Yohannes, I can, however, pledge to you that my interests lie only in the way that our respective nations can benefit from the relationship of fair trade and equitable diplomacy our respective diplomats have nurtured for quite the years now.

Let us move on, Your Excellency, to the primary reason that this telegram has arrived on your desk today. I have informed and sent the relevant documents to your diplomatic officers yesterday; to inform you of our acceptance to your proposal. Based on our previous private telegram discussions, it seems that the Togerian based entity of Jurodo Heavy Industries wishes to obtain an Allesweren preferential trade status in Yohannes.

I am happy to inform you that the application submitted by the representative of Jurodo Heavy Industries certainly complement our present domestic market condition and demand of the above quoted goods. Henceforth, currently existing regulation and tariffs will be - very gradually as circumstances will allow - reduced for the registered entity of Jurodo Heavy Industries, and its affiliated firms engaged in business or trading of the above quoted category of goods; as stipulated by your delegate in our previous private discussion.

The Preferential Trading and attached clauses within this agreement shall be put into effect on the eighteenth of May, unless certain violations of previously accepted terms and conditions are made by either of the following parties: [Yohannesischestaffel und Reichskommissariat Ostland; YOYO - Yohannes][Jurodo Heavy Industries - Togeria]

I, and my people, would like to think of this advancement as yet another crucial step towards a closer economic engagement and bilateral cooperation between our two nations. May Togeria and Yohannes live in peace and prosperity in these fruitful times ahead of us.

Aterian Empire wrote:Nation: Aterian Empire
Order: Panthrea Leo x3
[Optional]Additional comments: one will be used for testing and the other two will be placed in the Imperial Tank museum

Kia Ora to our new business friend from the Empire of Ateria [OOC/out of character: please tell me off if 'Ateria' is a wrong way of saying your nation],

I am hereby delivering this telegram to indicate to you that your order has been approved this morning. As written under the introduction section of this storefront: the relevant designs, technical details and blueprints as well as supporting technicians should arrive already in your headquarters the very moment that you have posted your order on our storefront.

We hope that the designs you have procured will be considered as quite the useful assets by your people. Since our storefront opening 4 real life years ago, we have been supplying some nations of the NationStates Roleplaying World [NS RP World] with our tanks and military vehicles, as well as warships and merchant ships that today roam some parts of the NS RP World's oceans and sovereign borders. You can be sure of the lethality of our systems on the field of battle itself.

We at VMK would like to personally say: thank you for choosing our institution, the land and naval systems exporting front of the nineteen countries.

Last edited by Yohannes on Mon May 18, 2015 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Military Democracy of Birtonia
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Mon May 18, 2015 2:24 am

To:VMK ATTN:Sales
Subject: Naval Vessel acquisition request

To whom it may concern,

Upon our last inspection of Birtonian forces overall, we have discovered that many of our current systems are either outdated or outclassed by foreign assets. Therefore, we are currently conducting a full overhaul of everything within the arsenal. After extensive research conducted, your company has been chosen to be a part of our new endeavors. I hereby formally request construction and transportation of one naval submarine packages. You will find that the order form has been completed and attached to the bottom of this correspondence. Transfer of funds to your account will occur upon our receipt of acknowledgment from you.

Sincerely,
Knight-Major Isacc Hidalgo
Quartermaster, Commanding
Department of Supply and Acquisition
Birtonian Armed Forces

Nation:Military Democracy of Birtonia [put the name of your nation here]
Order: One Naval Submarine Package
[Optional]Additional comments: None

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade