NATION

PASSWORD

Help in Global Trade/Economics...

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Rhanta
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Help in Global Trade/Economics...

Postby Rhanta » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:38 am

I've been really out of place in those Global Trade/Economics page here in the forums...

How do I know how much cash do I have in order to buy?
How can I sell stuff? (Can I invent them?)
How can I send NationStates 'cash' to those whom I buy weapons or defense things from?
Help!
Let there be no rivals on my way for I will do anything and everything to eliminate them in my path...permanently.

Grittonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Help in Global Trade/Economics...

Postby Grittonia » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:00 am

Rhanta wrote:I've been really out of place in those Global Trade/Economics page here in the forums...

How do I know how much cash do I have in order to buy?
How can I sell stuff? (Can I invent them?)
How can I send NationStates 'cash' to those whom I buy weapons or defense things from?
Help!

1. use NSTracker, look it up at google
2. By making a storefront. (Yes, inventing is encouraged!)
3. Just say that you are wiring the money.
I am a Cultural-Nationalistic Authoritarian Socio-Capitalist. Grittonia's own Pappaïsm reflects that.
The Grittonian Embassy program!
Join my quest for World Fame! And my quest to make out with guys from all nations of the world! Sign-up now!
Hot, Dutch, gay and single!

Grittonia's Law wrote:Everyone is gay, they just don't know it.
One who automatically claims they are straight without probing are undoubtedly gay.

Gren's Theorem wrote:Everyone is attracted to Grit. Those who say differently simply refuse to acknowledge it.

"Oy vey! All he talked about was parties and sex! And those Perviolosi twins kept tugging at my pants. Get me some tylenol." - Roman Ambassador after meeting Pappa Nick & his entourage

Rhanta
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhanta » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:37 am

Thanks!

But...okay, I saw the NationStates calculator..where's my total amount of cash there? (is it on the Government Budget?)
And...is the storefront a wiki/website/forum showing the products you're going to sell or buy?
Let there be no rivals on my way for I will do anything and everything to eliminate them in my path...permanently.

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:38 am

Well your antional budget woudl fo coourse only really coem into play when youa re buyign thigns that would be bought by your nations govenrment as opposed to some kind of private entity within your nation.

When it comes to buying military equipment (the predominate govenrment purchase) the actual amount of funds you have to buy things with would be part of the "Defense" percentage of your national budget.

Looking at your NSdossier (one of several NS calculators) page: http://nsdossier.texasregion.net/main.a ... ion=rhanta you have a defence budget of about $7.1billion. Now the proportion of this amount that would be available for buying stuff the "Procurement Budget" cna vary hugely but 20-30% would generally be about right.

In regard to setting up a storefront it is highly advised that you do a lot of research into the kind of things you want to sell and particularly in the military feild avoid selling things that exist in Real Life (RL) or things that are just a copy and paste from another website with the name changed. There isn't anythign agaisnt selling Rls tuff its just frowned upon and shows a lack of care and effort. With a storefront Creativity is good as logn as it is tempered by a big dash of realism, hence the research before you do designing thigns you need to understand how simialr thigns were desined and how they work and above all why the choices in thier development were made.

You cna present your storefront ina nnumber of ways soem people like to lsit all the products right there in the forum thread, while others find it easier to use an off site forum or wiki to keep thigns organsied and tidy. A couple of things I would say is try and make your storefront look/sound business like and professional and try to find a niche market, i.e. its not really worth bothering trying to sell rifles or tanks unless you really know them inside out and can draw very pretty pictures.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Braxxas
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Braxxas » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:34 am

So you're saying that there is no third party program to actually buy items and subtract from your current cash?

Nachmere
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nachmere » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:51 am

there isent one.

Return to Global Economics and Trade