NATION

PASSWORD

VLT Automotive - Won fir die Welt (Cars, Trucks, Defence)

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Van Luxemburg
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Van Luxemburg » Mon May 16, 2011 8:50 am

VLT Automotive Group N.V. – Sales Division
International VLT House
Rue Grand-Ducale
P.O. Box 1278
87120 LP ESCH-SUR-ALZETTE
http://www.vlt-automotive.vl/international
c.marino@vlta-sales.vl

RECIPIENT: Al Goodson, Senator of Commerce, Camwood Dept. of Commerce

RESPONSIBLE: Cristiano Marino, Sales Director

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your application and your interest in our firm. We have considered your application and we indeed intend to expand to Camwood. To accomplish this, we are looking to establish a subsidiary (VLT Camwood), of which the headquarters will also serve as the largest VLT dealership in the country, a so-called 'Flagship Store'. Furthermore, these headquarters will preferably also offer an undercome for storage facilities for our spare parts. Two sub-companies will be formed, namely Monteluci Camwood and Lepanto Camwood.

Dealerships will be assigned as quickly as possible. VLT prefers to maintain a network of franchised dealerships, entirely operated by native employees and management. In order to make sure enough demonstration vehicles are available, a first roll-on/roll-off cargo ship will depart Esch-sur-Alzette within a few weeks, containing the first VLT's for Camwood. We can assure you these vehicles, and in fact all models offered by VLT, will comply with your local legislations.

As soon as the subsidiary distribution company has been established and we have sufficient dealership coverage, we hope to start an advertising campaign for our model range and brand, stressing the launch date and VLT's core values, as well as a presentation of the models available. This way we hope to build a lasting presence in your country.

We once again thank you for your application and hope for a lasting cooperation between our entities! Should you have any more questions, feel free to ask us.

Kind regards,

Cristiano Marino
Sales Director
VLT Automotive

Salduristonia
Lobbyist

Founded: May 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Salduristonia » Mon May 16, 2011 9:03 am

FROM: Andrew Trask, Solarimo Automotif, Ipswich, Southcamsusshire, Salduristonia
TO: Cristiano Marino, Sales Director, VLT Automotive N.V.

Dear VLT Automotive N.V.,
thank you for replying.
Unfortunately there is already the L2, L3, L5 models on sale now via LVMC's range over here; we're worried about confusion.
One more thing, please can our market have a special 320bhp version of the GT (technically, 319bhp) and make it available as a four-door saloon or five-door estate; this would be a special edition, and only 3,000 would be available. Its intended rivals are the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution and Subaru STI saloons.

Also, some good news - Monteluci's Duca is extremely successful, and buyers here are now demanding even more for their money - they now want a hatchback (i.e. three-door coupe, like the Opel Ascona three-door) version would you believe?

We would like to thank you for helping us launch here; and you are invited to a launch party in Walmerslade, Marston County on 22/05/2011.

Andrew Trask
Solarimo Automotif,
Salduristonia

Van Luxemburg
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Van Luxemburg » Mon May 16, 2011 9:30 am

International VLT House
Rue Grand-Ducale
P.O. Box 1278
c.marino@vlta-sales.vl

RECIPIENT: Andrew Trask, Solarimo Automotif, Ipswich, Southcamsusshire, Salduristonia

Dear Sir,

We currently have no intention of changing the badging on the vehicles. A possibility would be to call the vehicle differently in regular model naming. Our suggestion would be 'VL' instead of 'L'. The badges on the car will not be changed, nor will the official name of the vehicle change.

As for the GT, we are unsure about which model you are speaking; judging by the proposed competitors, we suspect this would be the L3? This vehicle can be tuned to achieve the 323 PS specified, through ECU modifications, a new sports exhaust and a shorter air intake trajectory. The twincharging TCi system will be set to operate at a slightly higher boost pressure, in order to reach the required horsepower rating. In order to maintain grip, a rear Torsen limited slip differential will be added. The vehicle will retain it's rear-wheel driven drivetrain; given the limited production run, adding a four-wheel drive system would not be profitable. Furthermore, we will increase braking force through larger ventilated and cross-drilled Brembo brakes. We expect all these changes will turn out to have a $9,000 premium over the regular TCi GT.

Currently, there are no plans to manufacture a hatchback version of the Duca, as hatchback versions of D-segment cars have relatively little sales potential, especially in the market segment Monteluci operates in.

Kind regards,

Cristiano Marino
Sales Director
VLT Automotive

Salduristonia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Salduristonia » Mon May 16, 2011 9:34 am

FROM: Andrew Trask, Solarimo Automotif, Ipswich, Southcamsusshire, Salduristonia

thank you for replying.
It is indeed the L3 model we are referring to, and as such we would like to know if you are going to sell it in Van Luxemburg as well.
The VLT commercial vehicles line-up is selling well too; but we have a local manufacturer who wants to work with you on developing a new VLT 3.5-tonne lorry, if that is of any interest to you.
My sources tell me the lorry will be rear-wheel-drive, available with 2.9-litre/230bhp V6 or 2.4-litre/155bhp, 2.4-litre/179bhp 4-cylinder and 3.0-litre/194bhp V6 turbodiesel engines.
However, they are looking for a partner to help develop it - it's only got as far as styling.

We can also inform you that there is an unrelated VLT automobile manufacturer operating here, although you were probably unaware of it - their true name is Kalfasa-Halucim Automotive, and VLT models are Kalfasa-VLT, for the record. VLT does not stand for anything, unlike your brand, it's simply a set of letters. I will see what we can do about this. However, they've been in existence since April 1993, so dealing with it now may be a wise thing to do, particularly as this has come to light - which is certainly an issue for both of us.

You are invited to the launch party I mentioned earlier; and also, we at Solarimo are actually up for sale, so I will see if I can arrange a meeting between the CEO and you as soon as possible.

Andrew Trask
Solarimo Automotif,
Salduristonia
Last edited by Salduristonia on Mon May 16, 2011 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Van Luxemburg
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Van Luxemburg » Tue May 17, 2011 2:56 am

International VLT House
Rue Grand-Ducale
P.O. Box 1278
c.marino@vlta-sales.vl

RECIPIENT: Andrew Trask, Solarimo Automotif, Ipswich, Southcamsusshire, Salduristonia

Dear Sir,

Given the number of vehicles ordered (3,000) and the sales forecast (20,000-30,000 vehicles), we will also sell this model in Van Luxemburg as L3 GTR, purely because we expect that the full production batch cannot be sold in Salduristonia within a reasonable amount of time, as it is a rather expensive model that would have to make up 10% of the first year sales in order to be sold out. The Van Luxemburger market therefore offers more possibilities for a quick sale of the production run. Therefore, the model will also be offered in Van Luxemburg, next to Salduristonia.

Currently, VLT does not have a VLT C8, a heavy van that can fill the gap between the VLT C7 and the C2 light truck. While we are working on such a model, your local manufacturer is free to propose their ideas; the VLT model will however most certainly be offered with VLT engines. All VLT commercial vehicles are rear-wheel driven.

The issue of Kalfasa-VLT will be dealt with through our legal department. They will at first attempt to resolve the issue by contacting the manufacturer, should that fail, there are always various legal ways to remove the VLT suffix.

Kind regards,

Cristiano Marino
Sales Director
VLT Automotive

Camwood
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Camwood » Wed May 18, 2011 3:56 pm

Terry Foxand
Camwood Blue Jays
Compolis, Camwood

May 18, 2011

VLT Automotive

To Whom it may Concern:

My name is Terry Foxand and i am writing to you to disscus your partnership in our stock car team. Jason Rand was recentely enterend into the NSSCRA (NS Stock Car Racing Association). Rand is a stock car driver who wishes to compete in the league. On behalf of Jason I would like to ask if your company, VLT, would be interested in be our manufacturer.

Being an NSSCRA Manufacturer is simple. all you provide is a motor, chassises are built to specificationss unlike the engines. In turn for engines, the VLT logo is place on the on the grill where logos are for normal cars.

In addition to becoming our Manufacturer, we would like you to become a sponser for a race. Please reply for details.

Sincerly,
Terry Foxand
Camwood Blue Jays
The Republic of Camwood
Demonym: Camian | Trigramme: CMW | Population: 80 Million
Air Camwood
cbcsport.cmw
Champions of:
Keisler Cup - U13 Baseball Tournament
Fourth
WLC 12
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." -Wayne Gretzky

Van Luxemburg
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Van Luxemburg » Thu May 19, 2011 9:58 am

International VLT House
Rue Grand-Ducale
P.O. Box 1278
c.marino@vlta-sales.vl

RECIPIENT: Terry Foxand, Camwood Blue Jays, Compolis, Camwood

Dear Sir,

VLT would be very interested in serving as the engine supplier for your driver. While we have no direct experiences with producing engines to NSSCRA standards, we are certain we can provide you with the specified type within the time limits. We have already ordered one of our development teams with the GT division to investigate the possibilities and start work on such an engine.

Furthermore, we would also be interested in sponsoring a race, as per your proposal.

Kind regards,

Cristiano Marino
Sales Director
VLT Automotive

Vilopahara
Civil Servant

Founded: May 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilopahara » Sun May 22, 2011 7:23 am

VLT Distribution Form
Name of Nation: Vilopahara
Brands requested: VLT [ X] Monteluci [X ] Lepanto [X ]
Estimated sales: 300,000 - after 2 years
Would you like a factory to be established in your nation? See later on in this message

(optional) Vehicles that should not be imported (model names):
If yes, state reasons why:
(optional) Vehicles not meeting requirements (yes/no + model names):
If yes, give a description of issue:
(optional) I am a corporate entity and would like to take up distribution of VLT myself: Yes [ X] No [ ] *
* see further for details

I am a businessman who owns a few companies here in Vilopahara, and as such, am considering acquiring the import rights to VLT for our nation, as well as Monteluci and Lepanto.
However, this would be done via a new business, trading as a partnership, owned by both of us, which would have percentage of ownership owned by each side (50-50, 20/80, to be determined via complex negotiations). This company will also give VLT a new market for its other ventures as well, not just automobiles.

Some of my automobile companies trade within various regions; they haven't launched in Tarquinia yet, but with VLT's support, it could be of mutual benefit to us.

The entire model range will be available for all three brands, although launch dates will be different for all models, and not all at once, to give the customers something to look forward to in terms of new car launch - motor shows, or "Auto Expo" as we call them here, are big business. Launching them all at once would be too much, and sales staff would not have coming soon products to talk up.

However, due to values dissonance (basically, different cultural perspectives towards the same thing, in this case motoring), we expect the range will be different, as that's the motoring culture here.

For example, Volkswagen/Audi, your nearest rival, don't offer the high-performance versions of the (click the link) Volkswagen Jetta or Audi A4, or even the Audi A6 (VLT L6's nearest rival). Basically, apart from supercars/high-performance vehicles, like the Audi TT, RS5 and RS8, hot hatch versions of vehicles are uncommon here, as are small-displacement turbos (mainly naturally-aspirated, apart from the likes of the Fiat Linea, about the only one I can think of). I can't really see the Alzette being offered here due to the import tax rate, and the fact that it may not draw buyers' attention as much as I hope it might. Not that it's a bad car - far from it, I'm just looking from the economic viewpoint here.

The VLT GT models are excellent to drive, I've drove a few myself on my trips abroad; but "halo" cars like that, as you define them, may make less economic sense here, regardless of my personal issues on this. It doesn't mean I won't sell them here, it's down to market research. I really would like our company to do well, if it happens; it would work for us both.

We plan to launch mid-June, with an expensive launch at the Auto Expo in Kingston, and you are welcome to attend a meeting as such, to discuss this, here, at my expense.
The meeting will have curry, non-alcoholic beer and take place in our offices if it happens; hotels are not paid for by us.

Akash Tiwari
Vilopahara

(OOC: Written in the style and tone as other posts. Plus I will start the new RP when you're ready.)
Last edited by Vilopahara on Sun May 22, 2011 11:23 am, edited 4 times in total.

Grand Delhi
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Delhi » Sun May 22, 2011 9:29 am

VLT Distribution Form
Name of Nation: Empire of Grand Delhi
Brands requested: VLT [x ] Monteluci [x ] Lepanto [x ]
Estimated sales: about 60-70.000
Would you like a factory to be established in your nation? yes

Esbye
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Esbye » Wed May 25, 2011 4:09 pm

To:VLT Automotive HQ

The local economy has gone down and we can no longer afford to keep one of the sub-companies. My proposed plan is to suspend operations on one of the companies along with production of the least selling VLT models in the country. Please decide which company to close.
sign,
Darwin Al-zeib-Madwas, Regional Manager of VLT Esbyé

Van Luxemburg
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Van Luxemburg » Fri May 27, 2011 5:15 am

International VLT House
Rue Grand-Ducale
P.O. Box 1278
c.marino@vlta-sales.vl

RECIPIENT: Akash Tiwari, Vilopahara

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your application and your interest in our firm. We have considered your application and we indeed intend to expand to Vilopahara. For this venture, your firm will be assigned as the official distributor of VLT Automotive in your nation. This means your firm is responsible for the dealership network, the storage and delivery of parts storage within your area (specifically, Vilopahara), but also promotion of VLT and VLT-related products. Agreeing to this position as distributor of VLT in your locality, you also agree to our terms and conditions and pledge to keep yourself to the media and PR policies of the VLT Group. Hefty fines or revocation of your rights will be examples of disciplinary measures that can be taken against you in case of (in example) the disclosing of information of the VLT development programmes. As per your proposal, VLT management has agreed to take a 50% stake (or more) in your VLT distribution firm.

We urge you to assign a dealership network as quickly as possible. VLT prefers to maintain a network of franchised dealerships, entirely operated by native employees and management. In order to make sure enough demonstration vehicles are available, a first roll-on/roll-off cargo ship will depart Esch-sur-Alzette within a few weeks, containing the first VLT's for Salduristonia. We can assure you these vehicles, and in fact all models offered by VLT, will comply with your local legislations.

As for your comments regarding the launches, we would prefer if the launch of the all three brands would be with the entire model range immediately, as leaving people to wait for the model they want will cause customers to switch to other brands where they can order the wanted vehicle immediately. On top of this, it would create unwanted grey imports of the unlaunched VLT models, a thing your local distribution firm will have no control over. Ideally, you should have control over 99% of all VLT imports and exports in the country, a thing that cannot be guaranteed if not all models are launched.

Regarding your ideas about the model range; it is rather logical that VAG does not offer high performance versions of the Jetta, A4 and A6, as the Jetta does not have an official performance version, the Audi A4 model range does not have an RS4 yet, and the RS6 is out of production awaiting the launch of the new model. Furthermore, Audi does not have an RS8 model, we presume you mean the R8. Furthermore, VLT has a global model strategy, a similar strategy to BMW, which favours all models being available in all nations we export to. This is unlike the glocalised strategy of VAG. Using your website, we have concluded that BMW does offer all M-series models. Therefore, we see no reason not to offer the GT versions; it is not required to have demonstration vehicles of these models available, and the GT spare parts are not as ubiquitous as regular VLT parts, hence they are often ordered specifically for the vehicle from either the loca distributor or, more likely, VLT itself. Therefore, we see no problems in offering GT models, there are no extra costs attached and the spare part availability can be guaranteed. The GT models will continue to sell and serve as halo models, even though this effect may be limited. The same goes for the Alzette.

Furthermore, the small, fuel efficient turbocharged engines of the VLT group can be used as a Unique Selling Point, with emphasis on the fuel efficiency and the smooth engines. VLT can take up a leading position in introducing small-displacement tuirbochargers to your nation. We see no reason why they shouldn't be succesful.

We once again thank you for your application and hope for a lasting cooperation between our entities! Should you have any more questions, feel free to ask us.

Kind regards,

Cristiano Marino
Sales Director
VLT Automotive

Van Luxemburg
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Van Luxemburg » Fri May 27, 2011 5:19 am

International VLT House
Rue Grand-Ducale
P.O. Box 1278
c.marino@vlta-sales.vl

RECIPIENT: The Empire of Grand Delhi

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your application and your interest in our firm. We have considered your application and we indeed intend to expand to Grand Delhi. To accomplish this, we are looking to establish a subsidiary (VLT Grand Delhi), of which the headquarters will also serve as the largest VLT dealership in the country, a so-called 'Flagship Store'. Furthermore, these headquarters will preferably also offer an undercome for storage facilities for our spare parts. Two sub-companies will be formed, namely Monteluci Grand Delhi and Lepanto Grand Delhi.

Dealerships will be assigned as quickly as possible. VLT prefers to maintain a network of franchised dealerships, entirely operated by native employees and management. In order to make sure enough demonstration vehicles are available, a first roll-on/roll-off cargo ship will depart Esch-sur-Alzette within a few weeks, containing the first VLT's for Grand Delhi. We can assure you these vehicles, and in fact all models offered by VLT, will comply with your local legislations.

As soon as the subsidiary distribution company has been established and we have sufficient dealership coverage, we hope to start an advertising campaign for our model range and brand, stressing the launch date and VLT's core values, as well as a presentation of the models available. This way we hope to build a lasting presence in your country.

As you have filled out a request for a factory, and considering our current production figures, we hope to establish a factory in your nation, with a total capacity of 600,000 vehicles, offering employment to roughly 6,000 workers. This factory will feature advanced robot-controlled technology, where necessary augmented by human labour. Of course, VLT holds the rights of employees in high regard, and we can assure you that everything will be done to ensure employee safety and happiness, according to the latest local government standards and even beyond that, using our renowned Factory-'10 factory programmes. The factory will have a production line for the VLT L5, and may also produce the VLT L5X in case of high global demand.

Kind regards,

Cristiano Marino
Sales Director
VLT Automotive

Van Luxemburg
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Van Luxemburg » Fri May 27, 2011 5:27 am

International VLT House
Rue Grand-Ducale
P.O. Box 1278
c.marino@vlta-sales.vl

RECIPIENT: Darwin Al-zeib-Madwas, Regional Manager of VLT Esbyé

Dear Sir,

Should you be looking to divest a distribution firm part of the VLT Group, we would recommend to divest yourself of the least profitable firm. We will then once again offer the distribution rights to several private distribution firms in Esbyé, to guarantee the availability of the brand. Should no private firm be interested in taking over distribution, our subsidiary will be tasked with securing the parts supply and all warranties for the particular brand.

You as a distribution subsidiary have no control over our production schedules. As per the import request, a factory was never established in Esbyé. If less vehicle orders come in from Esbyé, our worldwide factories will simply serve other localities, as is usual.

Kind regards,

Cristiano Marino
Sales Director
VLT Automotive

Vilopahara
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Vilopahara » Fri May 27, 2011 5:31 am

thank you for replying. VLT models will not be launched until you are ready to come; you are invited to the launch. We are an emerging market, and VLT should be successful.
However, there is no trend for small-displacement turbos or GT models here. Most models tend to be naturally-aspirated, except for turbodiesels.

We prefer to slowly launch the range, in order to ensure long-term success, our "slow and steady" strategy has worked for our other brands. Offering a small range at first has worked for the other brands, when we launched Kaisar here, it only sold two models in the range, now it sells 12 models in the line-up. In fact, we may consider selling Kaisar to you.

By the way, our nation is Vilopahara, not Salduristonia, as you stated by mistake.

Our firm would like to work with VLT on developing new vehicles for emerging nations, and as such, utilising shared technologies. Celsan and Balna, firms owned by you, have already expanded here, and have done since April 1990.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on how we can become more successful.

Akash Tiwari
Vilopahara

Van Luxemburg
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Van Luxemburg » Fri May 27, 2011 5:46 am

International VLT House
Rue Grand-Ducale
P.O. Box 1278
c.marino@vlta-sales.vl

Dear Sir,

We understand there is no trend, as you told us. We however hope to start this trend by the introduction and innovation of small-displacement turbos in Vilopahara. The GT line will be offered regardless, as has been told you before. They are a prime requirement.

Again, we fear for a loss of customers if not all the important models are launche dimmediately at introduction; lacking important models will drive customers away from us, rather than that we will attract them. Hence, we think it is important to launch with a solid line-up. Introducing every model independently will also ensure that the cost of establishing a dealership will skyrocket, as they will need to pay for the extra advertisements for the new models, etcetera. The same will go for the distribution company, as it will have to pay for the cost of launching these new models. If these launches are in accordance with VLT standards, which they need to be, the distribution company will face extreme costs if the launches do not take place in a maximum of one to three events, hence reducing the prospects of profitability in the near future.

The mentioning of Salduristonia is most likely a mistake in the automatic answering form used by the VLT Group to reply to incoming export offers.

As has been stated in the FAQ, and what we have told you before, VLT utilises a global strategy with a uniform lineup worldwide, hence we will keep to our own development philosophies and will develop our own technologies, as we are perfectly capable of doing so.

Kind regards,

Cristiano Marino
Sales Director
VLT Automotive

Vilopahara
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Vilopahara » Fri May 27, 2011 6:09 am

thank you for replying.
The models which we will launch at the Sanṭīlakaṛī AutoExpo 2011, which takes place 03 June 2011 are:
VLT
L2
L3
L5
L6
L5X
Monteluci
Duca
Ducareale
Police versions of Duca

Also, any concept cars VLT or Monteluci have developed are welcome. In fact, concept cars are one of the main reasons people attend the show. We would like you to be on the stand or a VLT representative. I will be there, in person to attend this.

We are considering selling off Kaisar to you; the brand has been profitable for us, but it is the general consensus that it does not fit into our portfolio, even though I like the brand, and it's a slightly more upmarket brand than Chrysler or Audi. Full financial figures etc. will be available soon.

Also, one more question - would VLT ever use a Celsan platform, since they have a large rear-wheel-drive platform which could be used for the L7 or L8? (That's the speculation in AutoMotif Vilopahara, which speculated that the VLT L7 or L8 would be replaced by a Celsan-developed, rear-wheel-drive car, and it would be rebodied, with VLT engines, and possibly even a new Celsan turbo that is more economical than the VLT TCi-6, in their opinion, of course, not ours!)

I am inviting you to a dinner/meeting to discuss the issues that our new business has.

Akash Tiwari
Vilopahara

(OOC: You are invited to the RP for the AutoExpo. If you want to signup, let me know here, since I've seen VLT have brought their entire range over to motor shows before, and that will mean you are a participant!)

Van Luxemburg
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Van Luxemburg » Fri May 27, 2011 7:08 am

International VLT House
Rue Grand-Ducale
P.O. Box 1278
c.marino@vlta-sales.vl

Dear Sir,

This line-up is acceptible, as long as the remaining models are launched as quickly as possible. Currently, VLT and Monteluci have no concept cars available; the most recent concept studies are all exhibited at the Luxembourg Concours d'Élégance for the coming weeks and are fully booked in the weeks following due to the large amount of important motor shows taking place around the world at any moment in time.

Kaisar is not of interest to us; it would be directly interfering with our intended market position for Monteluci.

The L7 or L8 are models that will never use a third-party platform; these are very important models to us in the sense that they are used as a testbed for new and expensive technologies, hence we need to develop our own platforms to make sure these platforms are compatible with the ne wtechnologies we want to implement. Therefore, we do not consider it desireable to buy platforms from other manufacturers, even if they belong to the VLT Group.

Kind regards,

Cristiano Marino
Sales Director
VLT Automotive

Vilopahara
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Vilopahara » Fri May 27, 2011 7:18 am

thank you for replying.
The concept models should come to the AutoExpo since it is a fairly important one in the automotive calendar, and it will give VLT a presence in this corner of the world. It is as important as the Concours D'Elegance, but brings them to a wider audience than that!
If you want to get to be known in the automotive world here, you need to be seen there, and VLT / Monteluci is no exception!
However, we would like to know if VLT and Celsan are ever engaging in a joint venture - the same magazine speculated that Celsan would use the L3's platform for a MPV and engines would be jointly developed by VLT, but we expect you will confirm what is and isn't true. I can supply you with the issues if possible, since the media is important to us - I actually have shares in a motoring trade publication.

We accept your offer on Kaisar; but it's not aimed at Monteluci buyers anyhow.

Also, I request a custom-built VLT L8 with four-wheel-drive, for exhibition/testing purposes, if this is allowed, it will be interesting to see what it drives like.

Thank you for your time.
Akash Tiwari
Vilopahara

(OOC: You are invited to the RP for the AutoExpo. If you want to signup, let me know here, since I've seen VLT have brought their entire range over to motor shows before, and that will mean you are a participant!)
Last edited by Vilopahara on Fri May 27, 2011 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Camwood
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Camwood » Fri May 27, 2011 7:28 am

Terry Foxand
President
Camwood Blue Jays

May 27, 2011

Cristiano Marino
Sales Director
VLT Automotive

Mr. Cristiano Marino:

Following your recent reply concerning Camwood Motorsports I would like to request a status report on the research and devolopment done on our potenial engines.

I am also going to descibe to you the race we want you to sponsor. The track is Petmonton Motor Speedway and it is a half mile short track none for it's exciting racing. The Racce would be called the VLT 400 meaning 400 miles would be travel over the duration of the race. Atttached is an aerial photo of the track. We may or may not be able to host this race because only 1 race is allowed per nation and we already have one a different track. However, due to vacancy on the schedule we may be allowed to host one more race.

Thank You,
Terry Foxand
President
Camwood Athletics
Last edited by Camwood on Fri May 27, 2011 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Republic of Camwood
Demonym: Camian | Trigramme: CMW | Population: 80 Million
Air Camwood
cbcsport.cmw
Champions of:
Keisler Cup - U13 Baseball Tournament
Fourth
WLC 12
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." -Wayne Gretzky

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Sat May 28, 2011 3:34 am

Dear Sir,
our team of engineers have developed an all-new 1.1 turbocharged engine that got 4.6l/100km (in our testing anyway, we got those figures, but 5l/100km is approximately more realistic). Using superchargers alongside the turbocharger, it utilises our all-new TSFI (Turbocharged Stratified Fuel Injection) this is undergoing testing, and we would like your engineers to test this engine - it could be used in the VLT L2, if you wish to modify it. It is slightly more economical than the VLT L3 1.0 TCi E-Motion, and has undergone numerous testing.

Currently known as the FlexMotion or ECOdriva, this is undergoing development and we would like VLT's help in developing the engine.

Power is a 1.1-litre/94bhp, so although it's less powerful, it's more economical, and although it isn't perfect yet - needs some more development work, we are inviting your engineers to develop this engine, since as part of our new "ECOdriva 2011" plan, we intend to create more economical engines.

Celsan would like to have a meeting with you in South Edinburgh to discuss plans on how to make Celsan a better firm; recently we have come in for some constructive criticism in the motor press, and we feel your expertise could benefit us. However, in return for this, we can help you develop the VLT C8 commercial vehicle, since we also build HGV's as well.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Gavin Forbes
Chief Executive Officer
Celsan Automotive LLC
Last edited by Astholm on Sat May 28, 2011 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Van Luxemburg
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Van Luxemburg » Sat May 28, 2011 7:07 am

International VLT House
Rue Grand-Ducale
P.O. Box 1278
c.marino@vlta-sales.vl

Dear Sir,

The Luxembourg Concours d'Élégance is the single most important motor show in the world for us, as it is the motor show for our home market, but also one of considerable regional importance, if not the most important. Therefore, we do not consider any other motor show worldwide to be more important for our brand. Therefore, the concepts are surely not going to be sent to another motor show which is less important to us. We will maintain a regular presence, but the presence of specific concept models cannot be discussed. We currently require them for other motor shows.

All I can comment on your Celsan speculations is that the VLT head office knows nothing about such a venture.

Currently, the VLT L8 cannot be offered because the production facility is undergoing modernisation. We can take orders for the vehicle, but delivery will not take place within the coming year. Furthermore, the VLT L8 has always had four-wheel drive. Our engineers didn't consider it to be safe to offer such a large and powerful car with just rear-wheel drive.

Kind regards,

Cristiano Marino
Sales Director
VLT Automotive

(OOC: I currently have no time to take on more RP's.)

Van Luxemburg
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Van Luxemburg » Sat May 28, 2011 7:14 am

International VLT House
Rue Grand-Ducale
P.O. Box 1278
c.marino@vlta-sales.vl

RECIPIENT: Terry Foxand President, Camwood Blue Jays

Dear Sir,

VLT currently has little experience with OHV engines, as it hasn't worked with these outdated technologies for decades. Nevertheless, a 5.86 litre engine has been designed, with a power rating of roughly 790 horsepower. As we stated before, we have little experience with this particular engine concept, and therefore we ar ecurrently experimenting and testing the layout.

As for the proposed race, we would be honoured to sponsor such a race.

Kind regards,

Cristiano Marino
Sales Director
VLT Automotive
Last edited by Van Luxemburg on Sat May 28, 2011 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Van Luxemburg
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Van Luxemburg » Sat May 28, 2011 7:19 am

International VLT House
Rue Grand-Ducale
P.O. Box 1278
c.marino@vlta-sales.vl

RECIPIENT: Gavin Forbes, CEO, Celsan Automotive LLC

Dear Sir,

We are currently working on model year changes for the TCi engines, which are expected to make them more fuel efficient, through optimalisation in the ECU, but also through various mechanical changes that cannot be detailed here because of confidentiality issues. Furthermore, as per our FAQ, VLT never uses third-party engines. Our development departments are perfectly capable of doing their work.

We are also rather confused about your letter, have you developed this engine or not? Your first paragraph seems to state that you have, which would thus mean the request for assistance is redundant.

We are already in negotiations about the VLT C8. We would also like to remind you that a commercial van has nothing to do with the heavy goods vehicles (C2, C3, C4) that we offer, and that the technologies have nothing in common.

Kind regards,

Cristiano Marino
Sales Director
VLT Automotive

Worcethorp Maer
Political Columnist

Founded: May 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Worcethorp Maer » Sat May 28, 2011 8:22 am

The Government of Worcethorp Maer

TO: Cristiano Marino, VLT Automotive N.V.

Dear Mr. Marino,
Thank you for your letter.

VLT is welcome to start production here, once vehicles have been type-approved. If you wish to sell the tooling for older vehicles to our local manufacturers, you are welcome to do so, since they need the support they can get. Over here, our nation has a disparate mix of poor and wealthy people.

Please choose a local partner to work with, out of the following, and they will help you from there:

The list:
Stangatum Rynewaen
Sunnan Wega
Sunnum Rynewaen
Holmum Rynewaen

(literally, in our language:
"Stonegate Motors"
"Sunny Way Automobiles"
"Sun Automotive"
"Island Ways Automotive")

By law, any manufacturer here, has to work with our local ones in a joint venture, to keep local employment etc. This does not apply to small-scale manufacturers, though, which is the sole exception.

Thanks
The Government of Worcethorpe Maer
Last edited by Worcethorp Maer on Sat May 28, 2011 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Sat May 28, 2011 8:30 am

Dear Sir,
the engine has been developed, but it is not in a production-ready state.
Celsan and VLT should share platforms, but not badge-engineer vehicles, this is needed in today's tough economic times. We are successful, but only really in our own region and Europalistria which borders us. Tarquinia has not yet seen much of Celsan due to various issues.

We think that jointly-developed technologies would be an excellent cost-saving for the current economic climate. As such, we have been forced to develop a shared van with Kalissa-FIAT of Salduristonia, to save on costs of developing our own van. The only engines that are ours are the 1.4 diesels available, our petrols haven't been used in this, it's their work mostly, we just refined the chassis slightly.

Celsan feels it is important that we look at the economic climate and how to save money as soon as possible; this issue is important to all manufacturers, and, sadly, the good times may be no more.

Gavin Forbes
Chief Executive Officer
Celsan Automotive LLC
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade