NATION

PASSWORD

Earth II [ARCHIVE THREAD #1]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bavin
Negotiator

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:15 pm

The UnifiedKingdom wrote:Nation Name: The Unified Kingdom of Manticore
Demonym: Manticorian
Capital: Manticore (IRL: Jerusalem)
Independence/Founding Date: April 30, 2011
Population: 30,000,000
Official Language(s): English
Government Type Monarchy
Head of State: His Majesty King Roger I
Head of Government: His Majesty King Roger I
Official Religion: None Officially/
Largest Religion: Judaism, Christianity, Islam
Constitution: No
Economy Type : Market
Currency: Manticore Pound (£)
Summer Time: Yes
Time Zone: UTC+2
Calling Code: +47
Internet TLD:: .ukm
Maritime Boundary: 12 Nautical Miles
Military Size: 1% (300,000 Active Duty Personnel)
Examples of Previous RPs Example OneExample Two
Reason why you want to join Earth II?:
My previous attempts at MT on NS were less than successful, with one of my example RPs degenerating into a cluster**** and the other never really taking off. I asked around and was pointed directly towards Earth II. I enquired a few weeks ago on the EII IRC channel, but never got round to applying. Today this changes.
Real-Life Age? 17
Fluency in English: Native Language
Land(s) Claiming

Israel (8,522.05 Miles Square)
West Bank(2,177.62 Miles Square)
Gaza Strip (139.00 Miles Square)
Cyprus (3,571.83 Miles Square)

Total:

14,310,60 Miles Square

History

Mark with an X on the applicable fields:
[X] Addition
[] Change
[] Deletion

[X] New Member
[] Established Member

Additions

January 1, 2011- In the wake of the failed Tetrikan Invasion of Egypt and the resulting civil strife that followed the Union of Tetrika fall amidst massive riots.
April 1, 2011- Roger Harrington, a former Lieutenant General in the Tetrikan Military resides in his home to the south of the city that had reverted to its old name; Jerusalem. The former Tetrikan territories had largely fallen into Anarchy with several warlords carving out various territories for themselves, what remained of the Tetrikan Armed Forces after the disaster in Egypt and the unexpected and unexplained destruction of the bulk of the Tetrikan Navy, were unable to restore order and for the most part the Tetrikan Armed Forces had ceased to exist. Harrington began to gather his former subordinates, whom he was entirely sure of their loyalty.
April 5, 2011- Harrington and his group begin to discuss restoring order with what limited equipment remained from the fall. Their plans to take their time are scuppered however when the largest of the warlord, although badly equipped and trained, launches an attack on Jerusalem. Harrington’s unit whilst smaller, but better armed and trained, scramble northwards to defend the city.
April 6, 2011- Harrington Forces manage to hold the line against the attacking forces, garnering the gratitude, approval and respect of the cities sizable population. Harrington is, at this point, de facto ruler of Jerusalem; his troops begin to enforce law and order once again.
April 10, 2011- Due to holding both the bulk of the advanced military technology, the allegiance of the majority of remaining military-trained personnel, and holding the iconic capital, the majority of regional leaders (I.e not the Warlords), agree to follow the directives and edicts of Harrington.
April 18, 2011- Negotiations continue with other regional leaders on the mainland in order to restore order, at the same time Harrington authorises an elite team to travel to Akrotiri Military Base on Cyprus to investigate the status of island, where it had been believed to be under the rule of a warlord. Upon landing the unit finds themselves under attack.
April 19, 2011- The Unit is relieved by an additional unit of soldiers who kill or capture the attacking forces. As the Unit recoups, the Infantry moves onto the Capital of Cyprus and with the help of the local population, is able to kill the last of the Tetrikan Warlords, effectively bringing all of former Tetrikan territories under control.
April 30, 2011- Harrington officially announces that all of the Tetrikan territories have agreed to rejoin together, and the renaming of the city of Manticore after the ancient mythical beast. He begins to promise democratic votes, but is cut off by a rousing chant of ‘King’ from across the area where he is giving the speech. Harrington immediately orders a referendum to the other major population centres before he would accept any mantle of Kingship.

[17:13] <Bavin> in that case you're probably good to go
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.- Carl Sagan

Terra Empira
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Empira » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:26 pm

Bavin wrote:
The UnifiedKingdom wrote:<om nom nom nom>

[17:13] <Bavin> in that case you're probably good to go

The Republic will send a welcoming muffin basket to you, Manticore. Please allow our predator to fly directly over your most populated city to make the drop.
The Intersteller Federation of Terra Empira // The Lorraian Republic

The UnifiedKingdom
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The UnifiedKingdom » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:31 pm

The UnifiedKingdom
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The UnifiedKingdom » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:59 pm

INTRO ready for outside posts.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun May 01, 2011 8:25 am

So just so it's here for the record since I'm updating, Spain will go to new members only but I am keeping the Baleric Islands. There are three airbases in Spain I operate out of: Morón Air Base, Torrejón Air Base, Zaragoza Air Force Base. Belgium is going to go to Banjamos pending his confirmation. The Baleric Islands will join the Atlantic Republic as the worlds' party capital (like IRL with Ibiza and shit).
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Earth II Moderator | Earth II Discord | Member of The October Alliance
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •
• The Empire of Columbia •

Earth_ Two
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Earth_ Two » Sun May 01, 2011 10:32 am

And here's the cutoff, update coming.

Earth_ Two
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Earth_ Two » Sun May 01, 2011 10:42 am

Updates

Last Official Update: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:42 pm

Post Updates

General Updates
  • Achesia: Claim updated, spreadsheet updated, map updated. Pending claims added, thread added.
  • Alliance ofFree People: Application & thread added. Independence is still pending but calling code +1 is in use, you have to choose another one.
  • Banjamos: Population updated.
  • Cotland: Belarus added.
  • Edvardus: Occupations added.
  • Gliskor: Thread added. Spreadsheet updated.
  • Hi No Moto: Spreadsheet updated. Short Stories post added. Thread added.
  • New Rhovanion: Decree 4 mode activated.
  • Terra Empira: Application & thread added. You did not post your military size.
  • The UnifiedKingdom: You listed three religions for largest but which one is the largest.
  • United States of Brink: Spreadsheet updated.
  • Urbov: Belarus added.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

This is an idea posted by Hi No Moto and it's a pretty good idea so volunteers to help, please sound off, it'll really help our RP.

Hi No Moto wrote:I have a suggestion here about what we could use the 5th Post in the Earth II thread that is still being held for future use. I was thinking maybe we could have it as an expanded map section that could include the following:

Alliance Maps: Would show members of each alliance such as the October Alliance, SATO and the GEACPS.

International Organization: This would come in to play if the 'United Nations' ever picks up and the map could show who is a member or an observer and so on.

Population: This map would use different colours to show the population of each country and we could then see the distribution of people across the world. Each member would be in charge of working out their own population of each of their countries and submitting them to the moderators.

Drug Production: This map could show what countries produce certain types of drugs and also could be marked whether such production is being combatted or allowed to be continued. This would allow members to know if their RP could include drugs coming from a certain country and also determine the price of the drugs.

Religion: This map would show the majority religion of each country allowing us to know the distribution and also the past religion of previous lands.

There are probably loads more that we could do and then we would not just be limited to the political map we had at the moment and it would also show a lot more information about Earth II in a pretty simple way. Obviously we won't want maps for trivial little reasons so the Mods would have to decide on any suggestions they get and if they think they will add anything to the Earth II RP. I know this may put more of a strain on the mods but I think this would enhance the realism and attractiveness of Earth II to existing players and new players as it would allow us to know more about the World we RP.

Page 282
Last edited by Earth_ Two on Sun May 01, 2011 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun May 01, 2011 10:46 am

As usual, review it to make sure nothing was missed because if you don't say anything, tough luck.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

The UnifiedKingdom
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The UnifiedKingdom » Sun May 01, 2011 11:56 am

I put them in order of size, but Judasim is Largest, followed by Christianity then Islam, all others are not major religions.

By the way do I have to wait until my Intro is finished to post in other threads?

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sun May 01, 2011 1:47 pm

Not to be picky or anything, if it isnt any trouble by any chance can I get a different color other than light pink on the map? :bow: Please and thank you.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sun May 01, 2011 8:25 pm

Fuck yes! We finally got that bastard!

Terra Empira
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Empira » Sun May 01, 2011 8:56 pm

Earth_ Two wrote:
General Updates

• Terra Empira: Application & thread added. You did not post your military size.

Whoops. I must have forgotten, but it is listed in my factbook-to-be as 380 thousand.

Earth_ Two wrote:
This is an idea posted by Hi No Moto and it's a pretty good idea so volunteers to help, please sound off, it'll really help our RP.

Page 282

I know how to and can color maps, if you want.
The Intersteller Federation of Terra Empira // The Lorraian Republic

Bavin
Negotiator

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Sun May 01, 2011 11:08 pm

Achesia wrote:Fuck yes! We finally got that bastard!

Osama Bin Laden
World Hide-and-Go-Seek Champion
(1957-2011)
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.- Carl Sagan

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Mon May 02, 2011 12:30 am

Bavin wrote:
Achesia wrote:Fuck yes! We finally got that bastard!

Osama Bin Laden
World Hide-and-Go-Seek Champion
(1957-2011)

Hey Moto you know how you said it was great to see everyone out waving the UK flag? Im understanding how your feeling. Its getting crazy here, everyone is just in a hype. Its finals week at school at it was 2am with people running through the streets with flags chanting USA. This is to fucking great.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Mon May 02, 2011 5:31 am

Achesia wrote:Not to be picky or anything, if it isnt any trouble by any chance can I get a different color other than light pink on the map? :bow: Please and thank you.

That would be a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Speaking of patterns:

Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Hi No Moto
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hi No Moto » Mon May 02, 2011 6:41 am

Well after much deliberation [yeah right took me like one second] I have decided that this is now the standard alarm upon all vessels of the Imperial Hi No Moton Navy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfuQd_xZlKw

Awesome ...

Leavatia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Leavatia » Mon May 02, 2011 8:44 am

The internet is back baby and I am in a posting mood, so I will be putting a new RP up sometime this week for you all to participate in or not.

EDIT: Just thought I might add that it will be a historical RP set in 1901ish, and it will be my invasion of Morocco where I annex the territories of Morocco I own. So I will need Jerado (or if he is inactive, someone else) to play Morocco.
Last edited by Leavatia on Mon May 02, 2011 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Government of Leavatia:

Leavatia is an absolute monarchy. The Empress has total control over everything in the country, including businesses (only in times of emergency). Then there is an Overseers Council with 2 Imperial Overseers from each state (13 states) in the country. The Imperial Overseers are elected every 2 years. Although they are suppose to be the people voice in the government, they are merely her majesties puppets who have very little power in the government.

Jeraddo
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeraddo » Mon May 02, 2011 9:23 am

I'd definatly be interested, wil have to read-up on tech back then, although my nation wasn't there back then, btu I'll be happy to play as Morrocco
United States of Jeraddo

United States of Jeraddo Embassy Exchange

DEFENCE CONDITION: 3

Member of Skyguard

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Mon May 02, 2011 10:15 am

Psst to all idle claims. Your time is nigh!
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Mon May 02, 2011 10:40 am

I'm going to like to think that the last thing that went through Osama's head, other than 5.56, was the thought, "You know if I didn't plan 9/11 I'd still be alive to bang my goats!"

:clap:

DEVGRU FTW!!!
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

URBOV
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby URBOV » Mon May 02, 2011 1:24 pm

Yo, you get my TG fearless leader?

The Siberian bits were taken care of in Two for One, and Smolensk was the first half of Changes.

Gliskor
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Gliskor » Mon May 02, 2011 4:39 pm

Got a post in the works, dependant on Urbovs post
"Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter."
- Winston Churchill

URBOV
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby URBOV » Mon May 02, 2011 5:23 pm

Gliskor wrote:Got a post in the works, dependant on Urbovs post

Post up.

Banjamos
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Banjamos » Mon May 02, 2011 5:40 pm

Leavatia wrote:The internet is back baby and I am in a posting mood, so I will be putting a new RP up sometime this week for you all to participate in or not.

EDIT: Just thought I might add that it will be a historical RP set in 1901ish, and it will be my invasion of Morocco where I annex the territories of Morocco I own. So I will need Jerado (or if he is inactive, someone else) to play Morocco.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Leafie's back!

Also, Leafie, let's work on Louisiana now. I guess I get New Orleans now. And get to turn it into the drug capital of the Western Hemisphere.
Earth II
The Official Twitter Feed of the Banjamo Office of Foreign Affairs (E2)
Seperates wrote:Nebraska.- We're seceding!
U.S.- That's k, just give us our nukes and we'll go.
N.- Back off or I'll bore you to death with my cornfields!
U.S.- *stares... then just breaks down laughing*
N.- Was it something I said?

Tropic Brown Granite wrote:I gave a quote on a new granite counter top. It was both a win and a fail. Lost the girlfriend, gained a customer.

Disclaimer: The views of Banjamos are not necessarily my own.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Mon May 02, 2011 5:40 pm

URBOV wrote:Yo, you get my TG fearless leader?

The Siberian bits were taken care of in Two for One, and Smolensk was the first half of Changes.

Yessum!
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents