NATION

PASSWORD

(IC)Black Market War(CLOSED)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Free Tristania
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Tristania » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:13 pm

The captain saluted. "Coming right up, sir." He looked at Maxime. "I'll get him something as well.. he must have had a very busy day."

Den Uyl nodded. "Not just a busy day.. a busy last 6 months... and only 5 minutes of swimming before some raft was intercepted right in front of him." The captain smiled "Sounds like a fun holiday in an unfamiliar country for a boy of his age."
Obviously Den Uyl had been briefed about what had happened and now that Andrews had become part of the inner circle he was more willing to show it too.
Last edited by Free Tristania on Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: True Liberty, Voluntary association, Free Trade, Family and Tradition as the Bedrock of Society
Anti: Centralisation (of any sort), Feminism, Internationalism, Multiculturalism, Collectivism of any sort (be it Left-wing or Right-wing)

Globexanter
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Globexanter » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:16 pm

"Thank you, I'll go sit back down..." said the Minister Of Commerce, slowly moving back towards his seat as a fellow high ranked MP helped him sit down, the same MP whom would probably be his successor.

Andrews turned to Den Uyl, obviously catching the fact that someone had been recording his details, even thought he knew they were being documented in the first hand.

"If you don't mind, don't give too much away? For the sake of privacy, if you know what I mean." said Andrews, grinning slightly.

Free Tristania
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Tristania » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:22 pm

"I can't remember any young-ladies, if that's what you mean ?" Den Uyl grinned. He looked at the Minister of Commerce. "Does he have a heart condition ?" He asked one of the Globexanterian MP's.

A young adjutant helped Maxime to find a chair, Wellesley sat down across the table from Andrews, leaving the chair next to Andrews to Prime Minister Ryan.
He had obviously been informed about Andrews had been a bit curious about him so he would be happy to oblige when any questions would come up.
Pro: True Liberty, Voluntary association, Free Trade, Family and Tradition as the Bedrock of Society
Anti: Centralisation (of any sort), Feminism, Internationalism, Multiculturalism, Collectivism of any sort (be it Left-wing or Right-wing)

Globexanter
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Globexanter » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:28 pm

"Yes, he has. What do you expect from someone who was once as stressed as he was? He was in the Ministry Of Commerce when the national GDP per Capita stood at around 14,000 Enigmas. He used to smoke, but only one or two a day. He's had about two operations, they say about two more years on the more intense number of drugs then he'll be fit enough to move onto the lower load." answered the same high ranking M.P., as the Minister nodded in agreement.

Ryan Gache walked into the room, immediately seeing the newly released seat and sitting down on it while he made sure nobody else was intending to sit there, looking around to room just to make sure.

Free Tristania
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Tristania » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:33 pm

"My God.." Den Uyl whispered under his breath. "So this could be my future." He looked up "And despite of that ? How do you feel at the moment ?"
The captain came back in with two attendants. He looked around. "The one on the left to His Excellency, the Prime Minister and the one on the right to His Excellency, the Minister of Commerce." The two men nodded and walked up the two dignitaries. "Your medicines, sir." one said, offering the tray to Den Uyl while the other one did the same for the Minister of Commerce.

Some more attendants came in to assist the dignitaries with the procedures for the banquet.

Globexanter
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Globexanter » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:38 pm

"I still work, less than I did before, but the mind is still intact. Thankfully I got noticed by the Minister of Health, a past Doctor. Luckily he got be out into a good year long rest while I was nearing my peak. Got me on a surgery list, and requested for a further 50 staff to be added to the Ministry Of Commerce. I came back later with a lot less work to do, the desk was clear. Well the travel isn't making me feel too good, but I'm not as bad as I felt four years ago." he answered, thanking the attendant as he took his medication.

While the conversation began to commence, Andrews and Gache began to chat, something they had not done at ease and with no stress since the year 2005, which was more than expected for so close friends.

Free Tristania
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Tristania » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:44 pm

The attendant bowed and left. Den Uyl looked at him "It sounds familiar to me.. as I have been diagnosed with coronary disease and I have been instructed to stop working. Maybe both you and me should opt for an early retirement.. or at least a time off."

Wellesley looked outside for a moment at a couple of soldiers that were patrolling while an attendant came in with a telegram for the Minister of Defence. De Rooy beckoned him and the attendant handed over the telegram.

Globexanter
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Globexanter » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:46 pm

"I already take all my holidays, about a total of three weeks more than the standard Minister. At least I'm taking it easy nowadays, more careful of what I eat, how I work and live... I might be retiring in a few years, I never know, neither do the Doctors." he said, grinning.

Free Tristania
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Tristania » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Wellesley looked at Den Uyl. "Before I forget... you have an appointment with your doctor tomorrow." He said. In the plane he had arranged Den Uyl's doctor appointment. Van der Merwe was not the only assistant Den Uyl had and as a matter of fact it had been Den Uyl that had arranged his commission in Globexanter so he could keep an eye on the two princes. The Minister of Defence got up and excused himself. "I am terribly sorry, gentlemen, but I have a phone call to make." He gestured at Den Uyl who suddenly had an expression of relief on his face. De Rooy walked away to another room and asked one of the attendants whether he could use the phone.

At the same moment attendants brought in bowls of water and small towels so the dignitaries could wash their hands before dinner. It was an old custom at formal banquets, dating back to the days of the ancestors of the Free Tristanians, the mediaeval Europeans.

Globexanter
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Globexanter » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:02 pm

Most of the Globexanterians looked in confusion at the bowls of water alongside the towels, they however quickly followed suit as one or two of their comrades next to them nudged their neighbors, showing them to clean their hands in the water. Such methods were, sometimes, used in the United Kingdom, but only to wash the face of those affected by the heat of the ovens.

Free Tristania
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Tristania » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:54 pm

Den Uyl looked around and saw the Minister of Defence returning. " I am terribly sorry for the rude interruption but I have just received good news. Good for Globexanter, good for us." Den Uyl looked at him "Then I suggest that the good news be shared right away." He smiled - his face showed that he knew what was going on.

"The regiment in which the Prince is serving is being recalled after training in Globexanter. It appeared for a moment that they would be send to fight on West-Eylandt and then on Ucrumba but they will be stationed here in Heidelberg, upgraded to become a motorised infantry unit and participate in the joint Globexantarian/Free Tristanian Corps. His Majesty the King is for now unaware of where his Son is stationed."

The Minister of Defence joined the men at the rest of the table. "I suggest that one of us makes the Globexantarians familiar with the numerous courses." De Rooy washed his hands. "Best news I have heard in months. I can't believe that Cole was about to send men which were barely two steps away from raw recruits into a war.."
Last edited by Free Tristania on Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Globexanter
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Globexanter » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:09 pm

"Well, it will certainly help your side more than ours. But I do not believe they would of have enough time to do any major training procedures, you know. It had appeared to us that, with the news of their Regiment being sent to West-Eylandt, that a bunch of poorly trained recruits was already being sent to War... Good to know that is no longer the case." answered the Globexanterian Minister Of Defence.

Free Tristania
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Tristania » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:53 am

We will continue this other thread here since I found out (to my joy) that I could revive my old nation. :clap: Sorry for the gravedigging, mods. I only found out about that today.
Last edited by Free Tristania on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents