NATION

PASSWORD

Again The Lion's Roar Shall Ring [FT - Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Khandosia
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Khandosia » Fri May 27, 2022 4:23 am

Knights of Sanguinius Chapter Homeworld – Sanguinary

The Chief Apothecary, three lesser ranked Apothecaries, and a small horde of Adeptus Mechanicus Biologis adepts filled the chamber with the chaotic, if controlled, symphony of movement. They had been working nonstop since the data given to them by Archmagos Cawl's tertiary servo-skull had reached them. The realm of possibilities had seemingly become infinite. Chief Apothecary Antonello had been ecstatic – as much so as any Space Marine could be made to be under any circumstances.

All the data was there. Schematics for the necessary medicae equipment required, the gene-sequencing and chemicals needed to engender biological growth, and the tools required for implantation. The sheer mastery of the gene-lines was such that Antonello had almost felt anger; fierce pride that he had formerly held as an Apothecary with more than three centuries of service seemingly swept away. But it had also served as a reminder to Antonello, a reminder that there was always something new to learn.

“Synthetic growth speed is now optional,” Junior Apothecary Sepharo reported.

A Magos Biologis adept blurted a string of binaric agreement. <Apothecary Sepharo is correct. Optimal balance and stability has been created. Sufficient implants may be spawned for the implantation of the next three hundred recruits. Additional thousand implants will be ready within thirty-eight hours, sixteen minutes, and forty-three seconds. All praise be to the Omnissiah.>

“We're still not able to produce an adequate enough amount of the sinew coils,” complained another Apothecary, named Gabreo. “The Forgemaster said that it will take a day or more for him to be able to manufacture enough for our needs.”

“This will be enough for now,” replied Antonello. He didn't want to hear another nay-saying sermon from Gabreo. He was a brilliant young Apothecary with a bright future, but the youth was dour by nature and tended to be negative in his assessments.

Antonell turned to the chamber door where two veterans bearing the markings of the chapter's 1st Company stood sentinel.

“Bring in the first scout candidate,” ordered Antonello.

Moments later a young man who was tall for standard human stature entered. The first of the three vital implants that were necessary for a man to ascend to become a Space Marine had already been given to the aspirant. This meant that he, like the other candidates waiting outside, were at the perfect juncture of their ascension process to take the new implants provided by Archmagos Belisarius Cawl. Antonello motioned for the youth to approach.

“Come here, Aspirant Argastel,” he said. “Be brave and know that you are the first on a path to a bright future.”

“I shall know no fear,” said the young aspirant, stepping forward between the two veteran brothers at the door. He showed no sign of trepidation. Antonello nodded, a smile playing on his lips behind his helm.

“That is good, Aspirant Argastel. You shall be the first of our chapter to become a Primaris Marine. Keep that pride in your heart and in your mind.”

The aspirant nodded as he stepped up and lay upon the operation slab, divested of his robes. The Magos Bioldis adepts injected pain suppressants into his system and applied various monitoring equipment onto him. Restraints were placed across his arms and ankles, securing him in place. No one wanted an unintended twinge of muscle to ruin things.

Techmarine Perugino stepped into the medicae bay from another side door, bearing a box marked with both the cog-mechanicus, but also the double-helix of the Apothecarion. He nodded to Antonello and placed the case onto the table where instruments were being placed for use in the operation.

“The first batch of the sinew coils, as requested Chief Apothecary.”

“My thanks, Perugino. Tell your master that I expect the rest to come when it can – but that I will not accept anything less than perfection.”

“He feels much the same, Chief Apothecary,” replied Perugino, his mechanical voice betraying the mirth he felt. Forgemaster Lycurgus was infamous within the Chapter for being a perfectionist.

Adept Philos-Delta-9 stepped forward, six mechanical arms unfolding from beneath her red robes and extended to reveal what looked like delicate manipulators. She would be necessary for helping to inject and line the bones of the aspirant with the new sinew coils.

“Let us begin,” said Antonello.

The first, Aspirant Argastel, operation took them six hours. The second operation took five hours. There were some mistakes made and quickly rectified. By the time they had finished the third operation, they were able to reduce the operation time from six to three hours. They finished the first ten aspirants' operations within two days. All of the Apothecaries rotated in and out, allowing their fellows to rest after ten hour stints of operations. The Magos Biologis adepts did the same, although only a few had the necessary appendages and specialty to be of greatest assistance. More aid was requested from Nihiliast Prime, such that the implantation process could proceed apace.
My FT Factbook|Return of the Lion

"On the contrary; this gentleman is my nemesis, my opposite number, the Holmes to my Moriarty, the blessed image of purity next to be defiled oozing corruption." - Chronosia

Khandosia
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Khandosia » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:35 am

[OOC: Guess I was a bit prophetic? >:P New post incoming.]
My FT Factbook|Return of the Lion

"On the contrary; this gentleman is my nemesis, my opposite number, the Holmes to my Moriarty, the blessed image of purity next to be defiled oozing corruption." - Chronosia

Previous

Return to International Incidents