NATION

PASSWORD

The Forever Lasting Cold [RP Group - Open]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saint-Nazaire
Secretary

Founded: Oct 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint-Nazaire » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:59 am

Nation Name: The Commune of Saint-Nazaire
Demonym: French
Capital: Paris
Independence/Founding Date:
Population: 62,616,488
Official Language(s): French
Government Type: Monarchy
Head of State: Joel-Guy Batteux
Head of Government: See Head of State
Official Religion: Catholicism
Largest Religion: Christianity
Constitution: Yes
Economy Type: Mixed Economy
Currency: Frank
Summer Time: No
Time Zone(s): European Standard Time
Calling Code: What?
Internet TLD: .fr
Maritime Boundary:
Military Size: 1,252,329
Examples of Previous RPs (links please): Mise en Garde, Dinosaure
Reason why you want to join? (a paragraph or two should do it) [this matters BIG TIME]: To get to know a wide-range of people, build friendships and have fun role-playing.
Real-Life Age?: Why?
Fluency in English?: Yes
Land(s) Claiming: France
Last edited by Saint-Nazaire on Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Commune of Saint-Nazaire

Dinosaure | Mise en Garde

Abruzi
Minister

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Abruzi » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:08 pm

Regarding Comorostan,

You're good, but move your revolution date back a bit, we're starting in the 50s and while we will generally move the timeline forward it won't be the 90s for a while.

Regarding Saint-Nazaire,

To answer the questions about the app,

Real Life Age is there to ensure that content and what not is ok, it's not a major thing.

Calling code is the first number you dial in your country, again not a big issue.

Yeah, both accepted
02:01 RomanEmpire Because I dont know about you
02:01 RomanEmpire But I want to monger some fucking fish

Forward for the #Sanc!
Nationstates 40,000, In the grim darkness of the far future there is only retcon -Oz
SSO's map of Abruzi: http://i41.tinypic.com/33ope9i.png
SSO For Mod

Katganistan wrote:Sanctuary space
Channel on the Esper Net
Fun times are had there

Kybrutirat

Comorostan
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Comorostan » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:12 pm

Abruzi wrote:Regarding Comorostan,

You're good, but move your revolution date back a bit, we're starting in the 50s and while we will generally move the timeline forward it won't be the 90s for a while.

Done. Happy to be aboard. Does this mean we're starting with 50s tech, or just getting 60s/70s tech ahead of time and never changing?
Last edited by Comorostan on Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The People's State of Comorostan - communist Zoroastrians
Member of Kayfabeland

Amerikians
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Amerikians » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:40 pm

Comorostan wrote:
Abruzi wrote:Regarding Comorostan,

Done. Happy to be aboard. Does this mean we're starting with 50s tech, or just getting 60s/70s tech ahead of time and never changing?

It's complicated. Starting with Late-WW2-50s tech, and then it's...Bogged a bit.

Tech is technologically equal to the era it comes from but it's got a rustic look; everything sort of cosmetically stopped. So when we get to the 1990s you'll have planes like the F-4 Phantom that can stand toe to toe with the F-15 but look as ugly as it did back in the day. So on and so forth so as to generate that 'Cold War' feel.
The United States of America
Obscure popculture references abound. The current year is 2042 of the Common Era, or Anno Domini, depending.

AM I EVEN CAPABLE OF CALLING IT A FUCKING PARODY ANYMORE!?!
Proclaimed Best-NS-America, one of Estainia's.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:50 pm

Nation Name (what you call your nation in full) United Empire of Itailia
Demonym (i.e. Layartebian) Italian
Capital Vinci
Independence/Founding Date February 24, 1947
Population (can be up to your full NS nation population but be realistic with space and what not) 1.8 billion
Official Language(s) Latin, English, Slovak
Government Type (i.e. Parliamentary Democracy, Monarchy, etc) Absolute Monarchy
Head of State (this is the king if you have one otherwise a president or someone) Empress Julie Da Vinci
Head of Government (whoever is in charge of the government, often this and the head of state will be the same) Empress Julie Da Vinci
Official Religion Christianity
Largest Religion ^See above
Constitution (yes/no) No
Economy Type (i.e. mixed, market, etc.) Free Market
Currency (symbol too please i.e. $) §, mark
Summer Time (yes/no) Huh?
Time Zone(s) (just the #'s please, i.e. for US = -5 to -10) This is of your nation so go research it and don't just post something arbitrary -5 to -10
Calling Code (# i.e. US = +1 [you can use whatever you want just be wary that you might use things that others use so we'll work that out later if it happens) +6
Internet TLD (i.e. .uk, .rus, etc.) .ite
Maritime Boundary (how many nautical miles i.e. 12, 8, 24, etc.) 24
Military Size (total # or % [during peacetime]) Help with size? 3%
Examples of Previous RPs (links please) Hold on, I'll get them for ya
Reason why you want to join? (a paragraph or two should do it) Been looking for a dedicated roleplaying group for a while. II is starting to fill up with noob wars and I have been getting bored explaining to people two barrels on a tank won't work and you can't have twenty missiles on one plane. This looks like a group of people who actually know how to roleplay, so I am applying. That, and Amerika made it, so it must be good
Real-Life Age? (necessary for content / rating purposes) 29
Fluency in English? (Is it also your native language) I speak English, Italian and Slovak. Good enough?
Land(s) Claiming: Italy, Sicily, Corsica, Switzerland and Austria.
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Abruzi
Minister

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Abruzi » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:05 pm

I'm good with your claim IM, but I'd rather you drop Austria. I mean the Austrian Devils were only beaten out of Italia at the end of World War One and with their union with Hitler's Germany (we do have a WW2 thread going that is cannon) there really is no way I can see Italy holding Austria.

That said if you can present a reason how/why you hold Austria I'd be willing to nod my head and accept it. Est, chime in here mate.

For the record though I'm thinking we should adopt a similar system to Layarteb's E2 with land to pop levels and what not.
02:01 RomanEmpire Because I dont know about you
02:01 RomanEmpire But I want to monger some fucking fish

Forward for the #Sanc!
Nationstates 40,000, In the grim darkness of the far future there is only retcon -Oz
SSO's map of Abruzi: http://i41.tinypic.com/33ope9i.png
SSO For Mod

Katganistan wrote:Sanctuary space
Channel on the Esper Net
Fun times are had there

Kybrutirat

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:13 pm

Abruzi wrote:I'm good with your claim IM, but I'd rather you drop Austria. I mean the Austrian Devils were only beaten out of Italia at the end of World War One and with their union with Hitler's Germany (we do have a WW2 thread going that is cannon) there really is no way I can see Italy holding Austria.

That said if you can present a reason how/why you hold Austria I'd be willing to nod my head and accept it. Est, chime in here mate.

For the record though I'm thinking we should adopt a similar system to Layarteb's E2 with land to pop levels and what not.

1) Didn't know RL had any bearing in here really when it came to land claims
2) I was sorta trying to bring my NS nation into this a bit, and I can't really be an Empire with the Italian Peninsula.
3) I thought since I was claiming Switzerland, Austria would be a good connector for perhaps some trade routes with others and or invasions into the East. If you want, I can drop my claim and go for eastern france or something
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Alesyium
Envoy

Founded: May 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Alesyium » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:14 pm

Nation Name (what you call your nation in full) The Federated British Republic
Demonym (i.e. Layartebian) British
Capital New London
Independence/Founding Date P: 1649 Republic declared, 1700 act of union
Population (can be up to your full NS nation population but be realistic with space and what not) 350 million
Official Language(s) English
Government Type (i.e. Parliamentary Democracy, Monarchy, etc) Republic
Head of State (this is the king if you have one otherwise a president or someone) President Adrian Woolfe
Head of Government (whoever is in charge of the government, often this and the head of state will be the same) President Adrian Woolfe
Official Religion: None, Seperation of church and state
Largest Religion: Protestant Christian
Constitution (yes/no): Yes
Economy Type (i.e. mixed, market, etc.): Mixed economy
Currency (symbol too please i.e. $) £ FBP Federal British Pound
Summer Time (yes/no) yes
Time Zone(s) (just the #'s please, i.e. for US = -5 to -10) This is of your nation so go research it and don't just post something arbitrary GMT, UTC
Calling Code (# i.e. US = +1 [you can use whatever you want just be wary that you might use things that others use so we'll work that out later if it happens) +44
Internet TLD (i.e. .uk, .rus, etc.) .BR
Maritime Boundary (how many nautical miles i.e. 12, 8, 24, etc.) 30
Military Size (total # or % [during peacetime]) Help with size? 14 million
Examples of Previous RPs (links please) Sorry few links, haven't done one in a while not many links but i have this and all its subsidaries http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=73312 and this as well http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=68849 hope thats enough
Reason why you want to join? (a paragraph or two should do it) [this matters BIG TIME]
Looking to do a new RP, and I like your premise a lot, I've also got some really good ideas for my Nation. So not really sure what else to say other than that, except that I think if everybody keeps up at it it could turn really interesting.
Real-Life Age? (necessary for content / rating purposes) 18
Fluency in English? (Is it also your native language) [necessary for content purposes] i'm British so I should hope my English is ok
Land(s) Claiminghttp://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z399/Dupree5/newworldmap.png?t=1293480745 light blue, don't mind if I don't have the Norway bit

Comorostan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Comorostan » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:44 pm

Amerikians wrote:
Comorostan wrote:Done. Happy to be aboard. Does this mean we're starting with 50s tech, or just getting 60s/70s tech ahead of time and never changing?

It's complicated. Starting with Late-WW2-50s tech, and then it's...Bogged a bit.

Tech is technologically equal to the era it comes from but it's got a rustic look; everything sort of cosmetically stopped. So when we get to the 1990s you'll have planes like the F-4 Phantom that can stand toe to toe with the F-15 but look as ugly as it did back in the day. So on and so forth so as to generate that 'Cold War' feel.

OK, sounds good.
Member of Kayfabeland

Amerikians
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Amerikians » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:08 pm

Abruzi wrote:I'm good with your claim IM, but I'd rather you drop Austria. I mean the Austrian Devils were only beaten out of Italia at the end of World War One and with their union with Hitler's Germany (we do have a WW2 thread going that is cannon) there really is no way I can see Italy holding Austria.

Chimed.

Regarding Land: I agree, Abruzi; we're going to need a system and further more we're going to have to accept; this is for everyone; that people in a multi-billion population empire or federation are going to be crowded. People don't go to war over living space anymore and I don't like the idea of one nation comprising all of Europe because it seriously ****s up the possibility for other people entering the group.

Regarding Italy: Drop Austria and Switzerland and you're accepted.

Regarding Britannia, Canada, A bit of Sweden: Denied; see above as to why I don't want one nation encompassing most of Earth, we've already got one massive power bloc nation that does that. I don't want the group limited because people want massive claims. Also; I'm waiting on a response from someone on a Britannian Nation.
Obscure popculture references abound. The current year is 2042 of the Common Era, or Anno Domini, depending.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:13 pm

No offense Amerika, but I find it unfair I can't have Switzerland but a guy can have Germany and Prussia
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Amerikians
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Amerikians » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Itailian Maifias wrote:No offense Amerika, but I find it unfair I can't have Switzerland but a guy can have Germany and Prussia

No offense but you obviously didn't pay attention the fact both claims are from different people. Prussia and Germany are entirely different national entities in this.

Tristaniano
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tristaniano » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:30 pm

So how are we going to start off the IC part of this?

Amerikians
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Amerikians » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:57 pm

Tristaniano wrote:So how are we going to start off the IC part of this?

Simple; same way EE or E2 does it, find someone you want to start a thread with, brainstorm and throw it together. Just expect international response. For title tags [So people don't just jump in since this is a world-theme thing.] add FC I suppose for Forever Cold. For now we need to get some details and what not bolted down however so don't do anything too major.
Last edited by Amerikians on Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:13 pm

Actually Amerika, they were the same person, but whatever, I'll drop Switzerland and Austria.
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Amerikians
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Amerikians » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:28 pm

The last time I looked at the individual posts.

Greater-Prussia and Nationalist Germans are two separate people.

Application is pending, Italia, while I give some thought to it.
Last edited by Amerikians on Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Comorostan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Comorostan » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:42 pm

Question: Nukes exist in this universe, correct? Just checking in case Einstein dies early or something in the official timeline, and I intend to RP my state's attempts to get nukes.
Member of Kayfabeland

Amerikians
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Amerikians » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Comorostan wrote:Question: Nukes exist in this universe, correct? Just checking in case Einstein dies early or something in the official timeline, and I intend to RP my state's attempts to get nukes.

Yeah, but for political reasons and good-sense reasons no one actually uses them.

Tristaniano
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tristaniano » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:53 pm

Anyone want to thread with the Great Chinese :D

Amerikians
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Amerikians » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Lets get things bolted down first comrade.

Italy is accepted on a late note.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Amerikians wrote:Lets get things bolted down first comrade.

Thanks

Also, some clearing up, we start with 50's tech correct?
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Amerikians
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Amerikians » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Itailian Maifias wrote:
Amerikians wrote:Lets get things bolted down first comrade.

Thanks

Also, some clearing up, we start with 50's tech correct?

It's complicated. But yes, Late-WW2 - 50s tech is the start; current year is -Checks.- 1951

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:06 pm

Alright, cool. Know, a few more questions.*Loads Question Gun

Do we advance in tech in this and how?
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Amerikians
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Amerikians » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:08 pm

Itailian Maifias wrote:Alright, cool. Know, a few more questions.*Loads Question Gun

As time passes [I'm fair with this we don't all have years to commit.] I'll note the passage of time. If you want to develop tech keep it era appropriate; to answer you in a word though; We advance in tech, yeah. How; as time passes.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:17 pm

Amerikians wrote:
Itailian Maifias wrote:Alright, cool. Know, a few more questions.*Loads Question Gun

As time passes [I'm fair with this we don't all have years to commit.] I'll note the passage of time. If you want to develop tech keep it era appropriate; to answer you in a word though; We advance in tech, yeah. How; as time passes.

Thanks.

And one final one, any limitations in the RP? No nukes, no biochem, no napalm, etc?
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents