NATION

PASSWORD

Chimera: A Fantasy RP Community - NO LONGER IN USE

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kashyr
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kashyr » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:03 am

Simmer down kids.
Alter Ego of Cyber Utopia

Vhearun
Spokesperson

Founded: May 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vhearun » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:07 pm

Hmm, definitely racism and sexism factors in when it comes to the drow. I find myself leaning toward Rasty's position in my nation more than nations bent on condemning another race simply because of that race (if dwarves think ALL orcs are "mindless, pillaging brutes" and judge all on sight based on that one statement, then yes, that is racism). I don't see a problem with it though. I think most Fantasy genres, and even Science Fiction with alien races, depend on racism. I enjoy running into someone with one of my drow and have them immediately make a judgement about them oocly or icly and be completely wrong. Then when they're all used to my non-stereotypical 'good guy' (none of them are good guys, btw, that's just an assumption people make cause they're nice), I toss out Zekoj'locar, who merrily gets away with slaughtering and ****ing men, women, and children in grotesque fashion because people so often confuse ooc with ic.

I do admit, if someone's not going to separate ooc from ic, I'm going to use it to my advantage. I still don't get why everyone think Vhearun's some kind of Saint and Zekoj'locar is just "misguided" and really can love someone.

I'm actually hoping (and a little confused as to why it hasn't happened yet) someone will be racist to the drow. I say bring on the stereotyping and the cliches. I made my characters to break them!
Lord Vhearun - God Emperor and sometimes busybody
Ambassador Neer
General of Armies Ryldril
High Priest Valas
The Empire of Vhearun Factsheet
Economic Left/Right: -4.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.13

SF n F
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:29 am

Rastynhaven wrote:
Karak Grund wrote:What?

Is it just me or is this topic getting supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

Well, there is certainly enough Floccinaucinihilipilification to go 'round.

:) :) :)

SF n F
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:46 am

Marvel here! You don't think you could get away with having speaking about a sinful subject (love the way it just rolls off the tongue) and not have moi show up, did you?

OF COURSE fantasy stories involve racism! They involve races! The two of 'em go together like Britney Spears and full-body Trojans (if ya can't afford a hazmat suit...)!

For example, you're not going to tell me that I deserve to be treated equally with some damn 'noid, are ya? I mean, I'm stronger and faster, have better night vision and better senses of smell and hearing, and I can fly! What 'noid can do all those things? Where's the equality in that?

So what's the big deal? It's not as if it's not a part of the every day life of you 'noids anyway. I mean, when you don't have enough drama in your life, you just blame all the world's problems on someone who doesn't look like you, kill a few of 'em and watch the fun begin. At least you 'noids have something to do when you're feeling bored then.

And another thing! Why is it that every time I start to get ::sniff, sniff:: on a roll, some ::sniff, sniff::

Uh oh. I thinks somebody let Brother Fla--

::COUGH!! HACK!! ACK ACK!!! CHOKE!!!!::

Brother Flatus here. Sorry about the technical difficulties. We from above feel that fiction can serve a nobler purpose, and that racism need not dominate the pages of any variety, fantasy included. And we'll smite the little red butt of any little red demon who tries to tell people otherwise, won't we?

::COUGH COUGH CHOKE CHOKE!!::

That's what we thought you'd say.

Karak Grund
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Karak Grund » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:59 am

Bye guys, thanks for having me.
Last edited by Karak Grund on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karak Grund's Royal Factbook.
Jalanat wrote:
Karak Grund wrote:*stomps over, grabs your head, rips it in half, stuffs it down your throat, kicks your body off the mountain* Let's climb!

...*pukes due to massive amount of gore*
Oh dear god, that's such a brutal way to kill somebody.
Wilgrove wrote:Like srsly dood, the mods are super mean, they're just a bunch of bitches, and I am like the grandmaster of the Interewbs, and I would pwn all those noobs if only the mods weren't such dicks! It's like cramping my style as a badass warrior dood!

You have no idea how many brain cells I sacrifice to type that. So you people better laugh dammit!
February 17, 2011: Never Forget.
Love Fantasy?
Good Read.
The Tops!

Kashyr
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kashyr » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:31 am

Karak Grund wrote:Bye guys, thanks for having me.

Farewell. I honestly wish you the best of luck in whatever you do from here.
Alter Ego of Cyber Utopia

Karak Grund
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Karak Grund » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:54 am

Kashyr wrote:
Karak Grund wrote:Bye guys, thanks for having me.

Farewell. I honestly wish you the best of luck in whatever you do from here.

Thank you Kashyr, I will truly, truly, miss Chimera.
Last edited by Karak Grund on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karak Grund's Royal Factbook.
Jalanat wrote:
Karak Grund wrote:*stomps over, grabs your head, rips it in half, stuffs it down your throat, kicks your body off the mountain* Let's climb!

...*pukes due to massive amount of gore*
Oh dear god, that's such a brutal way to kill somebody.
Wilgrove wrote:Like srsly dood, the mods are super mean, they're just a bunch of bitches, and I am like the grandmaster of the Interewbs, and I would pwn all those noobs if only the mods weren't such dicks! It's like cramping my style as a badass warrior dood!

You have no idea how many brain cells I sacrifice to type that. So you people better laugh dammit!
February 17, 2011: Never Forget.
Love Fantasy?
Good Read.
The Tops!

Notangians
Attaché

Founded: Nov 09, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Notangians » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:06 pm

Kashyr wrote:
Notangians wrote:generally my idea is to have steampunk nation with strong Lithuanian folk tales and Baltic mythology flavor.

I'd rather it was a nation based on Baltic mythology with a slight steampunk flavour. Chimera is not a steampunk community.

I get that. Term "steampunk" here refers to material culture of Notangians: muskets, few primitive cannons. I still thinking to ground ships on XI-XII c. Baltic sea for example.
The center of focus is mythology, naturally.

Xin Ming
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Xin Ming » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:43 pm

Okay. I'm still extensively researching the myths and legends of China-proper and the various Asian nations that will make up the outlaying theme of my Chimera nation. Here however is the core, based heavily, heavily on Kindred of the East from Vampire: The Masquerade.

The Wan Xian are the ten thousand heroes of The Middle Kingdom (name of said nation; contemporary China) designated from Heaven itself to protect the world from the corrupting grasp of The Darkness(I made this shit up, think Hell but as a single entity). In time long before the rise of modern men(as modern as we get) they did this job well; in their numbers they beat back the agents of The Darkness known as The Kings. However, Time and The Kings eventually corrupted them, crimes they committed were so unforgivable that Heaven could not overlook such evil; and banished them to Earth, stripping them of their great power and making them forgo The Light of Heaven(Sunlight) which if they are contacted with are harmed grievously.

They live on the Chi of normal people; leeching it off in small ways, like Vampires with blood. They however are not undead, as Fallen Heroes they never age; so long as they partake of Chi (which can vary in quality, a bad chi can make them deathly ill; while an luxuriant bright chi can energize them to the point they can walk in the sun for a short time and even reactivate their reproductive systems leading to children etc.)

In this incarnation they are known as Wan Kuei, or Ten Thousand Daemons.

They are known by the people of the Middle Kingdom who accept them as they are, and both know they have a given place in society; they are bound by rigorously followed political laws and religious sects which they abide by even to death. The various religions make up the extent of how a Wan Kuei lives, interacts etc.

^ That's the core only. I'm still looking up more legends, Dragons will be involved of course; as well many references to Heaven; Wisdom, Immortality and the like; ie what little bit I do know of Chinese Legend.
The Weida De Diguo he Chao of Xin Ming

PT - MT - FT and now including Fantasy!

By the Decree of Shandi the Highest; the Mandate of Heaven and the Will of God; The Emperor of China, Khan of Khans, King of Korea, Lord of Vietnam and Tibet; King of Nepal and Bhutan, Maharajah of India and Sultan of Indonesia and Brunei; Lord of Ten Thousand Years and the Present Time, The Son of Heaven and Supreme Bureaucrat on Earth - The Emperor Jing of Ming

Population by Era: 128,095,000 (PT/Fantasy) - 2,340,000,000 (MT) - 18,657,230,098 (FT)
Amerikians wrote:
Galla- wrote:i herd anemos left ns

I will sob like a little girl at a Justin Bieber concert who just got hugged by It. :/
Deadass. Anemos is so goddamn epic that he just cannot leave.

Wolfkrone
Envoy

Founded: Dec 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfkrone » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:53 am

I'm afraid of the Middle Kingdom already. I play Kindred of the East and what makes them more terrifying than any Canaanite is simple. People know they exist, they acknowledge it, and they don't fear them...
Königreich von Wolfkrone
A Holy Roman State on the border of France
[Fantasy AU]

Ilodia
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ilodia » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:32 pm

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=130365 A link to my barely started factbook. I would have more done but I took a nap after football practice. My nations mostly medieval and consists of multiple races that are similar to human with just a couple of differences.

This is the capital of Ilodia. Which is the viewpoint from the town walls.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents