NATION

PASSWORD

Drifting further from the light of Home [FT CLOSED]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Carcharhinidae primari
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Drifting further from the light of Home [FT CLOSED]

Postby Carcharhinidae primari » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:49 pm

"Sounds straightforward enough, if risky. What's the estimated time between us zapping the first bug and the hive node-thing cornering us?"
T'Souri was smiling as he picked up another electropath enforcement weapons, carefully keeping it pointing down-range.
This is more like it! being supplied with advanced weaponry and some targets to shoot at! perhaps we could ask for some of these other weapons after we help them. i cant wait to spend some time here, so many weapons, all strewn about.
"but, if you stay back to gaurd our tails, won't that be a suicide mission? or can you close some doors or something to isolate them?"
Last edited by Carcharhinidae primari on Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Curious and industrious, PMT sharks in an FT setting.
factbook is WiP. but a basic overview of our species is below:
population (remaining, estimated) 6000
State religion: not enforced but every member of the species follows the Cult of Pas Mathéma in some fashion.
Goverment type: Council of 5 heading a technocratic fuedalist society
Govermental sovereignty: protectorate of the 44th independant legion; large independant but ceding to them for interstellar politics and trade
Military power: on an FT schale next to nothing, since our total number of starships is for now 0.

Carch, friendly anthro blue shark. got any kalamari?
... Am I the only sane scientist out here? Even if I'm Cult Mechanicus, I still count as sane given the rest of you...

The 44th Indp Legion
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The 44th Indp Legion » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:13 pm

"suicide mission?" allìjoz laughed heartily. "How very conciderate, but isn't every mission a suicide mission? Or rather, if you are a true warrior, can you even say you're even alive in the first place? Regardless of which, my chance are fairly-" Allìjoz was rudely interrupted by conciderable shaking, which some might refer to as seismic activity, if they had forgotten that they were in fact on a ship, rather than a planet with a seis to be active in the first place.
"Already?" Swore Alìjoz aloud as he ran off to something resembling a desk, which carried a sizable pile of various nasty-looking devices, rumamged around a bit and grabbed something that looked like a supply pack of the kind that one would normally use to carry amunition. from the heap of apparant scrap next to the desk he ripped some wires and quite literally plugged himself in. Finally, he drew forth a particulary nasty looking piece of weaponry that looked something like the bastard child between a stone-age club and a tripple-chained chainsaw, it didn't appear to come from the pile of used and abondoned equipment, but the Akûla couldn't quite see where else he could've gotten it from.
"Unfurtunately, the slight tremor we just felt was weapons fire, we're moving out!"
Allìjoz no longer seemed sluggish or recently awoken, like he might have seemed a little before, he was now clearly very awake, and clearly in charge.
"T'souri, secure the rear, but stick close with your buddies up front, Daros, stick with Driloi, Driloi, you go as fast as you can. The bugs won't be happy with the shaking, don't worry 'bout anything up front, just keep going!"
The translation seemed a bit laggish, for in Saurai, one does not need many words to describe any complex military situation, whereas in other languages, you normally need sentences concisting of more than 3 gutteral utterances. Reagardless of which, Allìjoz's heavy obsinite boots clanged painfully audible over the floor with great speed, as the Akûla rushed to follow him, they could not help but hope these 'bugs' had all had a hearing problem.
Last edited by The 44th Indp Legion on Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOC, this nation is an autonomous exclave, but will ICly (rather firmly) assert that they are representing the whole of the 44th on diplomatic occasions. Please take their IC aspirations of grandeur and power with several grams of salt.
Post makes no damn sense.
You make a hurtful haiku.
Refrigerator.

Carcharhinidae primari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carcharhinidae primari » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:05 pm

one thing that was most certainly noticable, was that the Akûla were not trained soldiers. they had fought a few minor battles in close quarters before, but they were not soldiers. so their running was accompanied with a certain amount of... chatter. more to keep the nerves at bay then anything else.
"so... this shaking, you think the weapons are firing inside the station, or outside it?"
"shut up and keep running Daros, now is not the time for an engineering rundown."
"Driloi, you think we'll get a chance to see this ship in action? i'll bet it boasts some impressive weapons, if this is the stuff they regard as primitive."
"I don't thing we'll see it, but it sounds like it already is. remember the tremors from launching the missiles, back over primari?"
"yeah... nearly shook the station apart."
"well... the hull was only supposed to take minor tremors from reboosting to altitude and suchlike. not the actual launching of strategic missiles."
"how would it hold up now? your sharks have been all over strengthening it."
"that wasent strengthening, that was mainenance. Driloi's precious blacklight drive is slowly tearing up most of the original hull."
"hey, it's not my fault fractures apear, and it's not like we have much of a choice apart from continuing to look for a suitable planet."
"you turned down that ocean world a few systems ago, we could've settled there if we had to."
"maybe, but it was too cold. we could've heated it up sure enough, but we'd be hindered for a good 100 years after settlement. so if we spend another year looking, but find a planet we do not have to tweak nearly as much. we save time over all. besides, introducing CO2 into an atmosphere is difficult. you'd have to start refining metal straight away, or you'll waste good coal."
"well, then we'd better get a chance to fix all these microfractures soon, or we'll have to settle the first half-way inhabitable planet we come across. it may even have to be a terrestial planet."
"never, that never. just the thought of having to spend all that time above-water..."
State religion: not enforced but every member of the species follows the Cult of Pas Mathéma in some fashion.
Govermental sovereignty: protectorate of the 44th independant legion; large independant but ceding to them for interstellar politics and trade
Military power: on an FT schale next to nothing, since our total number of starships is for now 0.

... Am I the only sane scientist out here? Even if I'm Cult Mechanicus, I still count as sane given the rest of you...

The 44th Indp Legion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The 44th Indp Legion » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:16 am

"FYI" called Alìjoz over his shoulder. "that wasn't us shooting them, that was them shooting us" Just after he had made his first victim of the day, a large insectoid creature with a pair of large scythe-like claws and small feelers, which had been hit in the head by alìjoz's elbow sufficiently hard enough for it's whole body to be smashed aside with a digusting splat by the rest of his arm.

By the time Alìjoz spoke again, his right side was covered with the purple blood of the insecoids, his 'pistol' was still strapped to his leg and the weapon in his left hand hadn't even been used yet.
"you know, there really aren't that many aquatic systems in this sector presently" Said Alìjoz afer some thought and calculation.
"Including your home world, there used to be five. Onviously yours isn't an option, you've passed another one. [omitted - data classified] used to be aquatic as well, but it disappeared. [omitted - data restricted] too, filled to the brim with stingray-like beings it was, but they shot a nuke up at an observer ship, the Guard got mighty cross at them and purged the entire planet -it's nothing but an asteroid belt these days. RAX dash N five could possibly be an option, the conflict for it's rich bromide deposits seem to have ceased, but it wouldn't be a merry place for you people to live in. I can't say [omitted - data restricted] would be any better, if you can even still call that a habitable planet..."
"anyways, keep up the pace, we have four minutes let, if we're lucky!"
OOC, this nation is an autonomous exclave, but will ICly (rather firmly) assert that they are representing the whole of the 44th on diplomatic occasions. Please take their IC aspirations of grandeur and power with several grams of salt.
Refrigerator.

Carcharhinidae primari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carcharhinidae primari » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:24 am

"bromide? not an option. its one of the more dangerous elements we know, i can't even imagine trying to settle a poisonous world like that."
Driloi called out, sending a blast of lightning down a side corridor as a precaution.
"we'd have to establish closed biosphere's, it'd take centuries to get those running correctly."
Daros was still holding the gun as if he expected it to explode if he used it, he was fine with the more standard harpoon guns the Akûla used, but these lightning guns we're out of his depth.
"so, these bugs? they warm-blooded?"
"T'souri, why now?"
"because i'm carrying some mines with a thermal fuse."
"what? i thought we'd gotten rid of those things."
"i kept a few, might come in handy."
"T'souri, what other gear we've officially dumped are you carrying?"
"nothing serious, just a few grenades. fragmentation charge."
"that's not all is it? that grin of yours tells me you're carrying something new and can't wait to test it."
"NO!"
"T'souri!"
"... after we cooled that droid down with liquid hydrogen i replaced a fragmentation charge with a liquid hydrogen cannister."
"What? you did what?"
"full marks for inventiveness, but this is not the time to test experimental weaponry!"
"best time there is, if it works, we've got an edge we didn't think having. and if it doesent, we haven't lost anything."

The 44th Indp Legion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The 44th Indp Legion » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:18 am

"Amateurs shouldn't mess with explosives, especially not in unknown terrain" Snapped Alìjoz.
He was going to say more, but, seemingly out of nowhere, a massive pincer claw grabbed his head. Momentarily, a sound much akin the sound of overstressed steel emitted eerily from his face. With a swift, descicive, and above all, mercilessly calm strike of his manecca, the 'bug', which was three times the size of the Saurai, was nearly instantly split in twain from head to tail.
Alìjoz stopped for a moment, probably more to give the Akûla a little breather from his relentless pace, rather than that he needed it, and dislodged the still clamping claw from his face, to the amazement of the Akûla, the wound was supredicial at best.
"Oh dear." said Alìjoz. "that's not a drone, that's not even a grunt, it's a Lect...albeit a small one. Watch your tails from here on, don't shoot unnessecarily, they won't go down in a single shot and it'll just draw unwanted attenton. Assume from this point on that they know we're here, and where we're going, they got a good gut about those things."
Alìjoz ran on and, for the first time since he had demonstrated it in the armoury, he grabbed hold of his gun. The hunt was on.
Refrigerator.

Carcharhinidae primari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carcharhinidae primari » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:57 am

"well, you got it of, let's keep moving. the longer we stay, they more bugs there will be." none of the Akûla's gave any impression of being out of breath, despite the high pace.
"ONE BEHIND US." shouted T'souri, firing is gun at the creature, which stumbled, but kept coming. "DAROS!"
"what, oh there." Daros turned, and loosed another arc into the creature, which did fall down this time.
"hmm, these things have a recharge cycle. that may present some problems."
"none we shouldn't be able to bite through, mine's now recharged and T'souri, no using of explosives unless allijoz says so. how far to the rendevous point?"
The Akûla were once again running to keep up with the saurai, but did not give the impression of running out of breath any time soon.

The 44th Indp Legion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The 44th Indp Legion » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:09 pm

At yet another corner, Alìjoz suddenly halted and motioned the Akûla to stop. the autotranslator strated translating, but there was no audible sound coming from the Saurai, it was unlikely that the Akûla could even notice the nonverbal language the Saurai now 'spoke'.
"shush, tread quietly. There's a Flexer round this corner, our little peashooters won't do meaningful damage against it, so this is what we're going to do: I hold it off, you run 32 steps, turn right and press the big red button on the wall, that should close the door. that door is the locks I told you about. If it doesn't close, don't mess with the door, just run. and whatever you do, don't look left, just keep going."
"Are you ready to run for your lives?"
Refrigerator.

Carcharhinidae primari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carcharhinidae primari » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:27 pm

"yes but would the liquid hydrogen cannister T'souri's carrying slow it down?" Driloi asked Allijoz softly, "it'd give you a decent edge if it does."
then he turned to T'souri and Daros.
"ok, you heard him, 40 steps quick, look for the red button. push it, door closes or not, we run for the reverend. it'l be good to swim again, this walking is fine for a while, but not too long."
"Driloi, we can adjust the forward plates, it should give us a bit more mobility, might make us faster."
"i can't see it, but it's your specialty. you adjust them."
after a moment's adjusting of their armor Driloi motioned the Saurai that they were ready to go.

The 44th Indp Legion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The 44th Indp Legion » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:31 pm

As the Akûla were casually discussing armour modifications Alìjoz was beckoning them furiously, but it was to no avail, the Akûla had not understood the situation and presumed they had more than precious little seconds to so much as stand a chance of passing safely. Ominously,two enourmous scythe-claws extended out of the hallway, like a spider extentding it's front legs before starting a sprint. The claws chimed softly as the points embedded themselves into the floor when the massive weight leaned softly on them. Soft menacing clicks echoed softly through the corridor. Woefull grinding sneered at the four as hard extremities tore away at the walls, which were not quite big enough to fit the humongous body of the massive Flexer. A thickly plated head followed by a chitinous hulk of a body emerged around the corner. With a mindbendingly quick strike of one it's cythe-like forearms the mighty Saurai was smashed right into the wall, he prevented being cut by the actual arm like a swordsmen would defend against the strike of a massive two-handed sword. The weapon that had cut the Lect in two so effortlessly ground it's three perpendicular cutting chains to a halt on the chitinous claw, chipping it only slightly. The wall had bent, almost caved in, under the intense pressure. With both hands the Saurai applied pressure to the back of his double-sided weapon, it's cutting teeth dug deep into his hands. Thick, deep red blood covered Alìjoz's face, hands and arms in increasingly worrying amounts.
"What are you waiting for?" Shouted Alìjoz "don't shoot it, it'll only make it angry, RUN!"
Refrigerator.

Carcharhinidae primari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carcharhinidae primari » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:16 am

running back was not an option for the Akûla's, and forward would mean dodging the other mantis-like claw. Driloi and Daros were backing off slowly and carefully, checking both the corridor behind them and the beast in front. but T'souri had a different idea. he quickly unhooked the hydrogen grenade and hefted it carefully. then, he twisted the charge, both arming the cannister, and starting a countdown for the water jet engine in the rear drive part of the mini-torpedo like grenade. though they were not inside the water, said engine could still provide some thrust.
then, he lobbed the torpedo-grenade, with the engine kicking in at the top of the arc, towards the head of the 'bug'.

The 44th Indp Legion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The 44th Indp Legion » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:14 am

Reacting by reflexive instinct, the enourmous flexer struck with terrible force and speed at the canister, and by extent, T'souri. It almost seemed as if the canister had exploded, so fast was the total destruction of the canister. Liquid hydrogen sprayed all over the place chilling the immediate area immensely. Some of the oft lethal spray came dangerously close the it's face and the Flexer shrieked in terrible pain as it's eyes suffered severe frostbite. Blinded and in excruciating pain, the flexer struck angrily in the general direction of the Akûla and Alìjoz whilst crawling angrily back into his hallway. As Alìjoz had already been pinned down and was close enough to get struck by the cold snap too, he bore the brunt of the agression, but not all of it. He looked like a wreck, his blood frozen to his body, almost all of his right arm beyond a few inches beyond his elbow was, for the largest part, obscenely missing, leaving but a few shreds of skin and what used to be bone and implants, however he was not phased, for he knew what was bound to come next.

The ominous chittering and gnawing of countless bugs in the distance, yet far too close for comfort penetrated through marrow and bone. Alìjoz's initial warning cry was drowned by sirens echoing throughout all the hallway and a kind female voice proclaiming "automated defences initiated", followed shortly by countless gunshots echoing in from the distance. Alìjoz rushed over to the Akûla to get them out of here, he would carry them if he had to, but they had to leave with greast haste.
Refrigerator.

Carcharhinidae primari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carcharhinidae primari » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:23 am

T'souri fell back before the scything claw but not fast enough. A spray of blood covered his helmet as his right arm was deeply cut. the lower half of one of the specially alloyed carbonsteel plates that made up his armor gracefully fell away as he went down. the metal, suit, flesh and bone were cleanly cut, that much was clearly visible. but before T'souri hit the floor a special foam closed over the wound and the tear in the suit, as various packets designed to seal any tear were sliced in half. this foam was intended to protect the wearer from any enviromental hazards that may be out there, but it fortuitously doubled as a temporary patch, stemming some of the bleeding.
Immediatly, before the flexer had even withdrawn, Driloi and Daros Jumped to catch T'souri, and keep him on his feet.
"Stay with us! let's go, before more bugs arrive!"
Daros grabbed T'souri's left arm, and hauled him upright, with Driloi helping by placing one hand on T'souri's right shoulder and the other at his tailbase.
"T'souri! come on"
"I'm...I'm..."
"NO TIME, lets GO!"
The Akûla's set of again, slightly slower at first, but after a few steps T'souri seemed to compose himself and get back to almost the pace they had had before the Flexer showed up. he was still high on endorphins and adrenaline though, so most of the impact of the wound would come later.
Last edited by Carcharhinidae primari on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

The 44th Indp Legion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The 44th Indp Legion » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:50 am

They weren't going fast enough, shredders, an insectoid specialized in swarming and shredding apart anything in their role of mutual support with Flexers, were almost literally crawling out of the woodwork, the only difference was that it wasn't wood they were tearing up to get to the trespassers, but hard ferrite alloys. In the distance a sea of countless shredders, crawling all over each other with frightening speed had already become visible. Alìjoz roughly picked up the wounded Akûla and sprinted in the direction they were supposed to head and bellowed over his shoulder "LEG IT!"
Alìjoz moved no slower than the now sprinting uninjured Akûla, slightly faster instead, even while carrying T'souri, but there was good cause for the Akûla to doubt just how much more abuse both their bodies could take. Alìjoz's strides were so heavy the studs on his armoured boots punctured the floor effortlessly, but his stride was relentless.
As the turned round the corner, past the first security gate that fell down with an omnious bang after the big red button was pressed, Alìjoz shouted that it wouldn't hold very long. The hallways they were in now was narrow and straight, they kept sprinting, they all were now visibly exhausted. Shredders appeared with their vicious bodies in the distance, where the gate had been. Suddenly Alìjoz stopped ungracefully lay T'souri on the ground and shoved Driloi and Daros past him, before he simultaneous kicked in a plate which red (in old saurai) "Break im case o' unexpecteth invasavory swarms" Another door fell from the sealing, cutting the Akûla off, and out of danger, whilst grabbing the large nine-barreled gatling-gun-like weapon which propped out of the wall, jamming the remains of his arm in the far handle whilst grabbingthe trigger handle with his still fully functional arm and clenching the trigger tightly.

On the other side of the door the muffled yet terrifying sound of rapid high-calibre gunfire could very clearly be heard. More omninously, after 20 seconds, it stopped; Silence fell.
Last edited by The 44th Indp Legion on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Refrigerator.

Carcharhinidae primari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carcharhinidae primari » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:40 am

Daros knelt besides T'souri, trying to judge from the damage to the suit how big the wound must be.
"T'souri, can you hear me?"
"yeah..."
"we have to keep moving, let's get you up."
"ugh, i can't move my arm. how bad is it?"
"i'm not sure, try to keep it still for now."
Driloi stood listening at the door, where for now there was still the sound of the gatling gun. then, he wiped his glove over T'souri's helmet, cleaning the blood of it.
"we've got to go, it took them about 5 seconds to get through the first door, this one might take a little bit longer, but they'll get through. we need to find this reverend, only there can we take a good look at the damage."
they helped T'souri up, but they were now going at nowhere near their former pace, moving down the corridor at a brisk trot.
"we'd better get to this reverend fast, the sooner we can move on, the better."

The 44th Indp Legion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The 44th Indp Legion » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:40 pm

Not too much further along in the hallway, a door slowly closed as the Akûla approached whilst a seemingly normal patch in the wall next to it opened up, revealing a short hallway, naturally the Akûla went in, as turning back was not an option.

As the Akûla stepped into the large open, arguably secret room it was virtually impossible not to notice reverend Airx, who was spinning unassisted in mid-air rapidly, along at least 5 discernible axes whilst sitting comfortably in a meditative pose, apparently not bothered too much by either gravity or friction. As they entered the room, he almost instantly stopped spinning along all but one axis, which one could imagine going right through the front of his streamlined chest, he seemed quite surprised
"Oh my, carcharanoids, how unusual. What brings you to my little shrine?" Said reverend Airx whilst spinning, now slowly, upside-down.
Last edited by The 44th Indp Legion on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Refrigerator.

Carcharhinidae primari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carcharhinidae primari » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:42 am

Driloi, walking in the rear just behind T'souri, literally bumped into them as they stopped suddenly.
"how in the deeps-" began Daros, but he was interupted by Driloi, who spoke quickly:
"we were supposed to meet the reverend... arx? here. something about beseeching the... ultrapacifist? something like that. but for now we need to look at the injury T'souri here has sustained."
then he and Daros guided T'souri down to sit with his back against a nearby wall. T'souri seemed to be in a semi-concious state, probably from blood loss, as the water in his helmet had already taken on a distict reddish tone.

The 44th Indp Legion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The 44th Indp Legion » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:16 am

"I do suppose you seem to have accuired a little bit of a cut there, haven't you, I might have a little something to mend that for a bit." Said Reverend Airx as he graciously stopped spinning, flipped round and landed on one of his legs, and proceeding with surprising speed to a little cabinet that propped out one of the walls. After rummaging in the cabinet for a few seconds he remarked quite friendly "And please don't call me Arx, I once knew a daemonic overlord by that name,we didn't get along well." before proclaiming "ah, there it is!" and he pulled out a rather awkwardly shaped pistol-like appliance, which, with a little bit of imagination might even have seemed a little bit obscene.
Out of habit the reverend red aloud the options as he scrolled through the settings menu.
"Purge, vaporize, obliterate, Explode, terminate, incinerate, kill, weld..ah! there we go, cauterize!"
Soon afterwards, a new familiar female voice called out "change weapon setting to a non-lethal function, confirm" A short bleep followed by "confirmed."
With far fewer graceful steps one would normally need to cross the room, or shrine if you will, that normally would be neccecary for such a distance Reverend Airx stepped up close to T'souri, pointed the gun at him and pulled the trigger. The computer voice called out again, "Scanning, please stand by."
Reverend Airx interjected kindly "This might sting a little" before the computer voiced called out again.
"Cauterising" Followed by a brief blue flash and the inevitable surprised scream of intense pain as discrete and precisely calculated amounts of livid hot plasma were teleported inside the suit and T'souri's flesh that almost instantly cauterised the wound, and although no other parts of his body, or suit for that matter, were noticably damaged, it still hurt quite badly.
Faster than anyone could stop him, Airx was already back at his cabinet thinking softly aloud "Now where did those ruddy nanites go..."
Last edited by The 44th Indp Legion on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Refrigerator.

Carcharhinidae primari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carcharhinidae primari » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:34 am

"what did you do? how can you cauterize the wound, at least i presume you did that since the suit is still warm over the wound, without any visible effects? and what will those nanites do? i presume you're the reverend, since you responded in that way, but you did not know we were coming?"

The 44th Indp Legion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The 44th Indp Legion » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:03 am

"Well, I once found this little gadget a little while ago on the Fields of Ilyasu, it's one of the early patterns of plasma projection -uhm, teleportation if you will- pistols, a bit crude, but it works nicely." Said Reverend Airx.
"And I indeed do not know that you were coming or why. I'm a Templar of the Order of Quet Li, so I'm technically not actually part of any of the legions, that's probably why the comms bugged out, presuming for now that they did. Unless the bugs bugged it out, of course, which is also quite feasible, they have been spreading out a bit in this area as of late haven't they?"
"As for the nanites" said Reverend Airx whilst taking a transparant canister of said nanites out of the cabinet. "They should fix at the wound up a little bit, nothing too dramatic, just a little stitching, really" He gazed at the nanites and pondered.
"I wonder...are they goromril or terrordite based?....Do you happen to have a chemogratifier?"
Refrigerator.

Carcharhinidae primari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carcharhinidae primari » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:21 am

Daros looked up from his examination of the temporary foam patch on the suit, somewhat relieved to find someone capable of truly helping T'souri, he could probably have stabalized T'souri himself, but the wound would still be bad.
"goromril? terrordite? chemogratifier? what are they? i suppose goromril and terrordite are some form of alloy, but what does a chemogratifier do?"
Driloi, however, looked more troubled. he was pondering the actual purpose of their coming here.
"well... we don't have much more of a clue other than 'beseech the ultrapacifist.' we don't know how, why or who the ultrapacifist is. we presumed you would know more about what we had to do when we got here. it seemed to have something to do with an incoming fleet or something."

The 44th Indp Legion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The 44th Indp Legion » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:40 am

"nonono, goromril and terrordite are two of the hyperferrites, you can make alloys out of them , albeit quite hard. They have very strange properties which make them quite ideal for nanites amongst other things, but can be quite dangerous if you don't know how to handle it, especially terrordite, it gets upset very easily by psychic disturbances." Explained reverend Airx.
"Anyways, a chemogratifier is, uhm, a device that 'feeds' various kinds of substances various kinds of things and detects the various things that happen hwne you do that, allowing you to identify what kind of 'special' substance you're dealing with. Some are specially designed for nanites and other semi-sentient artifacts, but not all of them." continued Reverend Airx.
Let me just check the schematics for a second, I'll try to find out what's going on inside the ship.
With a slight hop and a prance, Airx bounced over to the screen which folded out neatly from besides his cabinet. His body, which was clad soley in loose grey trousers and a short robe from some sort of light organic fabric, very much unlike Alìjoz, who wore only his armour, very conciously blocked the view the Akûla might have at the screen, but it wouldn't be hard to hear his muffled mumblings.
"Ah..I see" "water?" "resonance interference on terrordite conductors" "warding compromised, oh dear"
"I see, it seems we will have to pay a little visit to our dear mass murderer Lord Stormbringer, can you move with those injuries?"
Refrigerator.

Carcharhinidae primari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carcharhinidae primari » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:01 am

"i'd rather not move him for now, there's a good chance a slight shifting of his arm will open up the wound again. splinting it is also out of the question, the added pressure may also open up the wound again. so the only way he's going to move is either with a stretcher, or without the rest of his arm. also, he's almost unconcious from blood loss, so he'll most likely be unable to move on his own either way."
this statement hit Driloi hard, he'd known the injury was severe but hadn't considered T'souri losing his arm.
"you sure Daros?"
"yes, judging from the depth of the cut its gone through much of the bone, really, it's a miracle his arm's still attached at all, if it'd gone a third of a reck deeper... he'd have lost his arm there and then. as it is the remnant of his bone is in danger of snapping of, and that would only make it worse."
"if you're sure his arm is in such as bad shape... we may have to amputate it before necrosis sets in or an unintended shift might make the injury a lot worse indeed."
Driloi shuddered at the thought of just how much worse it could get. it was then that the words of the reverend properly registered.
"wait... what would a mass murderer have to do with anything?"
Last edited by Carcharhinidae primari on Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

The 44th Indp Legion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The 44th Indp Legion » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:16 am

"The nanites should be able to stabalize his arm and make a temporary reconstruction of some sort, not sure wether or not it will be organic or ferrite though, since I don't have the appropriate equipment to see that, but regardless of which it should put him in a state where we can transport him." Said reverend Airx.
"Unfortunately for us, 'ultrapacifists' didn't quite turn out to be pacifists at all, and their faction instead tore a path of death and destruction through large sections on the universe, despite their low numbers. On this ship there is one of those ultrapacifists contained, imprisoned as it were, however due to the situation and complicated things we'll have to ask him to 'unblock the lines', we don't need an answer, we just need to pose a question, because of some outdated oddity in the protocol I suppose, the real problem is that he's not exactly powerless and he'll just butcher us all if we bring weapons into his quarters, which is why we can't ask them, dorani can't function in that water, because the latent complicated stuff in the water messes with their circuitory and all saurai are effectively living weapons, with additional weapons hardwired to our bodies to boot, so we were forced to rely on you people instead I suppose."
"Do you wish to take your injured shark with you?" asked the reverend
Refrigerator.

Carcharhinidae primari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carcharhinidae primari » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:33 pm

"well... if this ultrapacifist kill's people because they are armed it may not be the best idea to bring T'souri. he has a habit of carrying more weapons then i'd like, and knowing him we won't find them all even if we were to search him. of course, that's assuming this shrine is safe of course, the way those bugs were tunneling through the walls..."
Driloi slowed, now that the adrenaline had worn of, the situation seemed far more horrible then it had done at the time. if those things were capable of chewing through steel, or whatever stronger alloy these Saurai used, at the speed he'd seen. nowhere seemed safe.
"i for one am all for giving those nanites to T'souri now, at any rate. the sooner his arm stabelizes the better."
"you're right daros. eh, reverend, how do those nanites work?"

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents