NATION

PASSWORD

Taking over BETA (FT intrest)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Terraius
Minister

Founded: Oct 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Terraius » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:41 pm

*Throws rock*

Begone!
The Archregimancy wrote:Terraius is also a Catholic heretic personally responsible for the Fourth Crusade.
Lupelia wrote:Terraius: best Byzantine nation for weather.
Yeah I really like planet consuming Warp storms myself.

A Nationstates-II FT Roleplay

Enzo Turga
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Enzo Turga » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:50 pm

If you think you can occupy all of Beta, let alone conquer it, you'd be crazy. Beta is like the Europe of the galaxy. It's filled with a bunch of people who have hated each other for so long they forgot why and aren't afraid to blow shit up for very little reason.
Selarian Federation Factbook (FT)
List of Conflicts
Turgan-GWO War-Victory
Berouvian Civil War-Stalemate
Tamsian Oil Conflict-Victory
Revolution on Helghan's Moon of Calm-Victory
The Bug Expansion-Victory
Pandora Conflict-Victory

Terraius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terraius » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Enzo Turga wrote:If you think you can occupy all of Beta, let alone conquer it, you'd be crazy. Beta is like the Europe of the galaxy. It's filled with a bunch of people who have hated each other for so long they forgot why and aren't afraid to blow shit up for very little reason.

SHUTUP *BOOM*
The Archregimancy wrote:Terraius is also a Catholic heretic personally responsible for the Fourth Crusade.

Cheshire_ Cat
Attaché

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cheshire_ Cat » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:28 pm

Terraius wrote:
That's not very nice, are you god? Otherwise your ramblings will not be heeded.

No, but I'm a big fan of his work. You should look into his stuff sometime.

Insanity does not couple well with religious fanaticism. Either way, you thinking you are the overseer of Beta is laughable at best. Do you not agree?
The Cheshire Cat

Terraius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terraius » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:33 pm

Cheshire_ Cat wrote:
Terraius wrote:
No, but I'm a big fan of his work. You should look into his stuff sometime.

Insanity does not couple well with religious fanaticism. Either way, you thinking you are the overseer of Beta is laughable at best. Do you not agree?

Me? Overseer? Hur hur, no.

The difference between me and the nut jobs here is a) I dont think I could ever directly take over Beta and b) God has commanded me to kill you all in his name. (Sorry.)

Like I said before, Im a Beta fanatic, I think the powers residing in Beta should keep to themselves and work together for the most part whilst feuding amongst eachother while were bored. Everyone else outside of Beta who has funny ideas (AKA this thread) is crazy and needs to go back to whatever corner they came from.

Bug empire
Attaché

Founded: Apr 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bug empire » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:38 pm

I just want to (attempt it) take over Beta, I know I will fail, but it wil be alot of fun for us and every one. So Terrious will you do a thread with me?

Terraius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terraius » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Bug empire wrote:I just want to (attempt it) take over Beta, I know I will fail, but it wil be alot of fun for us and every one. So Terrious will you do a thread with me?

But your so likeable, why would I ever try to stop you from assimilating Beta into your insect haven?

Bug empire
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bug empire » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:45 pm

I know you have tried for months to take over Beta, but maybe can you do a thread where we meet, we fight, then you relize I can be used as an Ally....I mean who does not want meat waves of soldiers? Then we can attempt it to do a vast power strugle from Beta with every one else.

Terraius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terraius » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:53 pm

You seem to misinterpret my definition of 'take over', taking over an entire quadrant is not something you do with guns or fighting. Its done through intricate diplomacy and pressure. You make allies, cut deals, do background operations to gain advantages, etc. Beta is more less puppeted by the few native powerhouses that reside in it.. my whole mission was to be one of those powerhouses and for lack of a better metaphor, earn my street cred so I dont get walked all over.

I may demonstrate armed force once in awhile, but for the most part I dont go around challenging people for power or authority. Ive got my borders, plenty of resources and colonies, a gate network and am in the process of gathering support for a unified Beta regime. Why would I want to start an armed conflict with others when I can simply be their friends? Its always funner to have friends instead of foes! :hug:

Bug empire
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bug empire » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:58 pm

True good sir but if I may....Imagen a Beta without this diplomacy..a Beta were every nation is one its own, were only te best of the best surrvive. That is how I see Beta, and I dont want complet control of it, an attempted take over is much more fun. But we can be buddy buddy but I can be the muscles for alot of guys.

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:18 pm

Bug empire wrote:True good sir but if I may....Imagen a Beta without this diplomacy..a Beta were every nation is one its own, were only te best of the best surrvive. That is how I see Beta, and I dont want complet control of it, an attempted take over is much more fun. But we can be buddy buddy but I can be the muscles for alot of guys.

We of the Galactic Empire, and the LA Pact that both reside in the Beta Quadrant endorse this plan of action of yours. We would love to bring the enlightenment of true civilization to your insects, with our massive armies of Termite Inspectors. :)
Last edited by Orthodox Gnosticism on Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The International Fleet: Tricking Children into Xenocide via video games since 120 ISC.

Bug empire
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bug empire » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:28 pm

Ha ha....Okay I am going to close this, so any of those that want to do a serious thread with me please TG me. And I will get them up in my own time.

Terraius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terraius » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:57 pm

But.. but.. frie.. friends?.. :(

Old Vester
Senator

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Vester » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:51 pm

Here's another tip: Watch out for people that try to "pull an Emperor Palpatine."
"A man chooses, a slave obeys".-Andrew Ryan
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".-George Carlin.
"I want you to kill yourself. I will buy and send you rope". -EmpireErwinRommel
Billy Mays of F7. Current balance in F7CF $104,952.I'm the richest one!!
Mushet wrote:Banned becuse you need to stop being a politically correct nigger lover
Coccygia wrote:Is the unsung original creator of Angry Birds.
The only question I can answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Pxifl3zjg&NR=1. Name in Cat translated by 1000 Cats: Zeˑhsˑr:kxk (kxk = "old") (lit. "the first sanctuary, old and glad")
Need a dedicated co-OP? I'll do it for drugs free!-I can also consult for creative ideas and such.

Terraius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terraius » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:52 pm

Old Vester wrote:Here's another tip: Watch out for people that try to "pull an Emperor Palpatine."

SHHHHH.

Vocenae
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 19, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Vocenae » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:04 pm

It's all fun and games until someone gets tossed down an oddly place core venitlation shaft.
The Imperial Star Republic
18:34 <Kyrusia> Voc: The one anchor of moral conscience in a sea of turbulent depravity.

Bug empire
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bug empire » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Terraius wrote:But.. but.. frie.. friends?.. :(

I can be friends...if you want to, make a thread searching for my species..we make contact, a small fight ensures and then peace and friendships ensures.

Terraius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terraius » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Well, you are a nation of Bugs. I was referring to the less bug like humanoids.. We have a bad history with Kray insectoids trying to devour the galaxy so dont take it the wrong way if we arnt so enthusiastic.

Brewdomia
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Brewdomia » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:09 pm

I would be interested in this.

I might ally or go against you, depending on the political situation.

Amazonian Beasts
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Amazonian Beasts » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:10 pm

Brewdomia wrote:I would be interested in this.

Like this, except I'd be interested in blowing the shnoz out of somebody. Preferably the dude doing the "takeover."
http://wearesanctum.wordpress.com/ - Follow New Azura, Storm Gard, and myself amongst others as we talk about random stuff, from sports to comedy.

Hurricanes/Trojans/Wildcats; Jaguars/Spurs/Dodgers/Avalanche/Ravens

Terraius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terraius » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:18 pm

I dont like Bugs, but I especially dont like chaotic Syndicate plotting going on either.. support giant grasshoppers, or the Archons of death and destruction? Tough call.

Bug empire
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bug empire » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:28 pm

Terraius wrote:Well, you are a nation of Bugs. I was referring to the less bug like humanoids.. We have a bad history with Kray insectoids trying to devour the galaxy so dont take it the wrong way if we arnt so enthusiastic.

I have a mix of bugs...from starship troopers and more human like ones to make your kind more at ease with us.

Hm..I can make the thread, a single warship dropepd out of hyperspace and came across your home planet.

Amazonian Beasts wrote:

Like this, except I'd be interested in blowing the shnoz out of somebody. Preferably the dude doing the "takeover."

Hm.....depends I dont care how every one sees me.
Terraius wrote:I dont like Bugs, but I especially dont like chaotic Syndicate plotting going on either.. support giant grasshoppers, or the Archons of death and destruction? Tough call.

I am just maknig my mark in history.

Old Vester
Senator

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Vester » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:51 pm

So you guys get this wrapped up yet or am I going to have to wait to see an epic space battle?
Also whatever role you need me to play as I'll be it or I'll be either a mercenary or contracter nation.
"A man chooses, a slave obeys".-Andrew Ryan
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".-George Carlin.
"I want you to kill yourself. I will buy and send you rope". -EmpireErwinRommel
Billy Mays of F7. Current balance in F7CF $104,952.I'm the richest one!!
Mushet wrote:Banned becuse you need to stop being a politically correct nigger lover
Coccygia wrote:Is the unsung original creator of Angry Birds.
The only question I can answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Pxifl3zjg&NR=1. Name in Cat translated by 1000 Cats: Zeˑhsˑr:kxk (kxk = "old") (lit. "the first sanctuary, old and glad")
Need a dedicated co-OP? I'll do it for drugs free!-I can also consult for creative ideas and such.

Bug empire
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bug empire » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:07 pm

I want epic battles, I can do those.

Terraius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terraius » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:14 pm

Ill participate because I am a firm believer of RP'ing with everyone in cannon FT to ensure the community stays alive and active and with a variety of stories.

That being said, Im kind of burnt out on war, the entire past year I have played Terraius on and off its always revolved around perpetual dystopia and war up until my last few threads signaling an era of diplomacy and stablility in the Roman nation for once. I could get involved in the diplomatic part of the story, but as far as war, ICly It would not be plausible for Rome to start up its war machine yet again after all the resources Ive dumped into expanding and setting borders for a sovereign state.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents