NATION

PASSWORD

Pandæmonium (OOC Thread, Discussion, Planning)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Abruzi
Minister

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Abruzi » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:51 pm

Tergnitz wrote:
Abruzi wrote:
For the record I'd just cull the rebellious cities. Gogogo crazy Monarch.

Define rebellious city, if one person in a city of three million fires a weapon at your soldiers, do you raze the entire city to the ground?

We kill the person and then all blood relatives. If the attacks continue and are widespread (like in an occupied city) we crush the city into submission. (Genghis Khan is a perfect role model.)
02:01 RomanEmpire Because I dont know about you
02:01 RomanEmpire But I want to monger some fucking fish

Forward for the #Sanc!
Nationstates 40,000, In the grim darkness of the far future there is only retcon -Oz
SSO's map of Abruzi: http://i41.tinypic.com/33ope9i.png
SSO For Mod

Katganistan wrote:Sanctuary space
Channel on the Esper Net
Fun times are had there

Kybrutirat

Automagfreek
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Automagfreek » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:08 pm

Unilisia wrote:
Rithian wrote:I think a lot of people are annoyed with the Goths right now. However, as long as New Azura remains in Gholgoth, Rithian can't be involved in a war with them.

Damn diplomatic relations, lol.

Gholgoth is annoying. End of discussion.

Why, because we take care of our own?
Founded on March 24th, 2003
Proud founder and Lord of Gholgoth
Condemned by Security Council Resolution #82
Join the religion of war. Become a Vanmakti warrior today.

Rithian
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 17, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Rithian » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:21 pm

Taking care of your own? Your threatening people supplying aid to New Azura with war.

How is that taking care of your own? That's more like denying them resources because Gholgoth has too much damn pride.
Rithic Factbook

(Factbook on my nation page isn't always up-to-date)

The Naacal
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 23, 2009

Postby The Naacal » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:30 pm

Aid can go through, ships just have to be inspected to make sure people are not pulling some kind of stunt, using the aid as a cover.

We don't want military vessels involved, that is all.

Automagfreek
Ambassador

Postby Automagfreek » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Rithian wrote:Taking care of your own? Your threatening people supplying aid to New Azura with war.

How is that taking care of your own? That's more like denying them resources because Gholgoth has too much damn pride.

We're a regional alliance that is extremely territorial, anything different would run entirely contrary to our IC character. Sorry if you don't like it, but that's just how our leaders are. Gholgoth has more than enough resources to rebuild Azura several times over, and if we had to rely on foreign aid, how would that display Gothic resolve? Not very well.
Last edited by Automagfreek on Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GeneralHaNor
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby GeneralHaNor » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Automagfreek wrote:GeneralHaNor, Maychion, how is it that you both have forces inside Azura? We just had this discussion with Altimaea in this thread.

I posted my response page one this thread, nobody responded, you had ample opportunity to correct me, you did nothing
I will not retcon
Get over it

The answer is simple, my forces are the 4th Azurian Legionarres, they were already stationed on the border, when this diaster hit.
Read my first post in the RP thread
Everything is explained

Again, ample opportunity to correct me, you did nothing
I will not retcon.
Victorious Decepticons wrote:If they said "this is what you enjoy so do this" and handed me a stack of my favorite video games, then it'd be far different. But governments don't work that way. They'd hand me a dishrag...
And I'd hand them an insurgency.
Trotskylvania wrote:Don't kid yourself. The state is a violent, destructive institution of class dictatorship. The fact that the proles have bargained themselves the drippings from their master's plates doesn't legitimize the state.

The Naacal
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby The Naacal » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:20 pm

Stationed on which border? The north I trust?

Automagfreek
Ambassador

Postby Automagfreek » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:42 pm

GeneralHaNor wrote:I posted my response page one this thread, nobody responded, you had ample opportunity to correct me, you did nothing
I will not retcon
Get over it

Nix the attitude.

First off, it's been difficult enough to keep track of all the teleporting that has been going on. Second, it's even more difficult to tell who has Azuran troops under their command. None of us know if you lot are just making up claims or if Azura actually handed you over control of these units. If he did, then obviously we don't know about it or else the issue would never have been raised.

GeneralHaNor
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby GeneralHaNor » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:48 pm

The Naacal wrote:Stationed on which border? The north I trust?

Sure why not
Victorious Decepticons wrote:If they said "this is what you enjoy so do this" and handed me a stack of my favorite video games, then it'd be far different. But governments don't work that way. They'd hand me a dishrag...
Trotskylvania wrote:Don't kid yourself. The state is a violent, destructive institution of class dictatorship. The fact that the proles have bargained themselves the drippings from their master's plates doesn't legitimize the state.

The Naacal
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby The Naacal » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:50 pm

Well since the southern border would be my nation...

GeneralHaNor
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby GeneralHaNor » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:50 pm

Automagfreek wrote:
GeneralHaNor wrote:I posted my response page one this thread, nobody responded, you had ample opportunity to correct me, you did nothing
I will not retcon
Get over it

Nix the attitude.

First off, it's been difficult enough to keep track of all the teleporting that has been going on. Second, it's even more difficult to tell who has Azuran troops under their command. None of us know if you lot are just making up claims or if Azura actually handed you over control of these units. If he did, then obviously we don't know about it or else the issue would never have been raised.

education

Automagfreek
Ambassador

Postby Automagfreek » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:54 pm

GeneralHaNor wrote:
education

You know, not all of us follow every RP on the boards. So your "get over it" attitude is not appreciated given I know nothing of Azura's agreements. Your troops are there, fine. An IC response will be coming tomorrow.

GeneralHaNor
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby GeneralHaNor » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:00 pm

Automagfreek wrote:
GeneralHaNor wrote:
education

You know, not all of us follow every RP on the boards. So your "get over it" attitude is not appreciated given I know nothing of Azura's agreements. Your troops are there, fine. An IC response will be coming tomorrow.

you sound mad
you mad?
Don't be mad

Castleclose
Minister

Founded: Apr 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Castleclose » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:49 am

Hannait wrote:To: kettle@cookware.com
Re: blackness

Yup that's gonna be sigged.
Defcon 5 (Peacetime), Defcon 4 (Alerted Status), Defcon 3 (Minor War), Defcon 2 (Major War), Defcon 1 (Total War)
Factbook

Constitutional Monarchy. More of a talker then a fighter.
Plural is Closian.

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:50 am

Automagfreek wrote:
I will not retcon
Get over it

Nix the attitude.

He has a whole thread listing who does and doesn't :palm:
I am the mighty Uni.

Tiami wrote:I bow before the mighty Uni.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:If it shocked Uni, I know I don't want to read it.
You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

Katganistan wrote:That is fucking stupid.

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Neo Arcad wrote:Uni doesn't sleep. She waits.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Collector: "Why are these coins all sticky?"

Automagfreek
Ambassador

Postby Automagfreek » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:46 am

Unilisia wrote:
Automagfreek wrote:
Nix the attitude.

He has a whole thread listing who does and doesn't :palm:

Obviously I didn't see it beforehand, is it that hard to understand?

New Azura
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby New Azura » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:20 pm

Guys, I'm probably not going to be very active over the next few days. I was taken to the hospital this morning, fearful of having pneumonia. My cold from last week has gotten progressively worse; luckily, they say that it's not pneumonia, but a severe upper respiratory tract infection. I'm kicking around sneezing everywhere (after four days of being willing but unable to do so), so bear with me.
THEEVENGUARDOFAZURA
UNFIOREPERILCOLOSSO

FRIEND OF KRAVEN (2005-2023)KRAVEN PREVAILS!18 YEARS OF STORIES DELETED

THEDOMINIONOFTHEAZURANS
CAPITAL:RAEVENNADEMONYM:AZURGOVERNMENT:SYNDICAL REPUBLICLANGUAGE:AZURI

Her Graceful Excellence the Phaedra
CALIXTEIMARAUDER
By the Grace of the Lord God, the Daughter of Tsyion, Spirited Maiden, First Matron of House Vardanyan
Imperatrix of the Evenguard of Azura and Sovereign Over Her Dependencies, the Governess of Isaura
and the Defender of the Children of Azura

— Controlled Nations —
Artemis Noir, Dragua Sevua, Grand Ventana, Hanasaku, New Azura, Nova Secta and Xiahua

— Other Supported Regions —
Esvanovia (P/MT), Teremara (P/MT), The Local Cluster (FT)

— Roleplay Tech Levels —
[PT][MT][PMT][FT][FanT]

New Azura
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Azura » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:26 pm

GeneralHaNor wrote:
Automagfreek wrote:GeneralHaNor, Maychion, how is it that you both have forces inside Azura? We just had this discussion with Altimaea in this thread.

I posted my response page one this thread, nobody responded, you had ample opportunity to correct me, you did nothing
I will not retcon
Get over it

The answer is simple, my forces are the 4th Azurian Legionarres, they were already stationed on the border, when this diaster hit.
Read my first post in the RP thread
Everything is explained

Again, ample opportunity to correct me, you did nothing
I will not retcon.

No foreign legion unit was stationed in New Azura at the time of the attack, in part because it was my FOREIGN LEGION, stationed respectively in Cape Marguerite, Cullowhee, Berchtesgarden, and Azuran Judea. If you were in Azura, you'd be at my central dispersal compound at Vandengaarde - the SOURCE of the nuclear attacks in Azura.

Sorry for not clarifying mate; I've been sick since last week, and just got out of the hospital a few hours ago; otherwise, I would have cleared this up then.
THEEVENGUARDOFAZURA
UNFIOREPERILCOLOSSO

THEDOMINIONOFTHEAZURANS

CALIXTEIMARAUDER
By the Grace of the Lord God, the Daughter of Tsyion, Spirited Maiden, First Matron of House Vardanyan
Imperatrix of the Evenguard of Azura and Sovereign Over Her Dependencies, the Governess of Isaura

— Controlled Nations —
Artemis Noir, Dragua Sevua, Grand Ventana, Hanasaku, New Azura, Nova Secta and Xiahua

— Roleplay Tech Levels —
[PT][MT][PMT][FT][FanT]

Solm
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:48 pm

Could we have a translation of that last post you made, Azura?

Retired: ns .hellodot. solm @ gmail .dot. com

New Azura
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Azura » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:49 pm

Solm wrote:Could we have a translation of that last post you made, Azura?

It's actually apart of the storyline; the automatic translation modules have been taken offline because of the lack of manpower to control the subset station that helps translate these codes. The military officials don't realize this though.

If you work at it, you can break the code; but it will take several hours to do so.
THEEVENGUARDOFAZURA
UNFIOREPERILCOLOSSO

THEDOMINIONOFTHEAZURANS

CALIXTEIMARAUDER

— Controlled Nations —

— Roleplay Tech Levels —
[PT][MT][PMT][FT][FanT]

Solm
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:53 pm

New Azura wrote:
Solm wrote:Could we have a translation of that last post you made, Azura?

It's actually apart of the storyline; the automatic translation modules have been taken offline because of the lack of manpower to control the subset station that helps translate these codes. The military officials don't realize this though.

If you work at it, you can break the code; but it will take several hours to do so.

Well, at least its not random.

Retired: ns .hellodot. solm @ gmail .dot. com

No endorse
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 27, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby No endorse » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:21 pm

Rithian wrote:Taking care of your own? Your threatening people supplying aid to New Azura with war.

Hi. I'd like you to read this:
viewtopic.php?p=1724711#p1724711

A relevant excerpt may be found here:
Amnerist Darwinism, examined further by Dr. ______ in the Convention on International Indoctrination and Concerning Systems (relevant excerpts of which may be found in Appendix (_), is a quasi-scientific quasi-religious belief system. It combines institutionalized prejudice and Social Darwinism in a particularly despicable way, promoting the extermination of "Socio-Genetic Inferiors" for the "Betterment of Humanity." Amnerist Darwinism is named for its creator and most fervent advocate, the late Atal Amner. Amnerist Darwinism seeks to purify humanity into a form of master race, and considers any action "bettering" the human socio-genetic seed to be essential. Churches of Amnerist Darwinism exist around the world, and are believed to frequently be fronts for global indoctrination and the NE government.

Endorsian youth are indoctrinated in Amnerist Darwinism, total adherence to government word, and other such topics from a young age. Such indoctrination has been continuous since sometime in 1998 in various forms, and has intensified in recent years to cover every possible topic the government advocates. Some portions, such as unwavering support of the government, have seen unwavering support throughout Endorsian recorded history, the only difference being the exact government being supported. Internet, television, and other such information portals are strictly regulated.

While Amnerist Darwinism is playing off of a strong tradition of epic racism and institutionalized hatred of everything not Gholgoth, it is not the most extreme such program in the region. In fact, No Endorse is fairly friendly compared to many Gothic nations.

We'd just as soon shoot you as look at you. I'm actually surprised no one has tried to come after myself or others, there aren't enough crusading forces for good around anymore.
Last edited by No endorse on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OMGeverynameistaken wrote:We had better trolls back in the day. None of this "I DEKLARZ WUR" stuff. Our trolls could troll you with a fifteen page (in MSword) document. And you couldn't fault their spelling because in-browser spellcheck didn't exist back then.

No endorse
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 27, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby No endorse » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:28 pm

double post because it's necessary.

Grossrheinland Reich, read this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_ ... bomb_tests
OMGeverynameistaken wrote:We had better trolls back in the day. None of this "I DEKLARZ WUR" stuff. Our trolls could troll you with a fifteen page (in MSword) document. And you couldn't fault their spelling because in-browser spellcheck didn't exist back then.

The Naacal
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby The Naacal » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:41 pm

Alpha Radiation (Alpha Particles to be technical) can be stopped by several centimeters or inches of *air*. Neutron flux is most likely to occur from the initial bursts. The danger of fallout is mostly breathing in the dust. In your lungs alpha can wreck you. That's about the only way though.

Gamma is the biggest non-ingested emission-source danger for rad exposure in a post-nuclear environ.

The Naacal
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby The Naacal » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:54 pm

If you have NBC gear on you will not be breathing in dust. Gamma is the biggest threat by far.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents