NATION

PASSWORD

Handing Off the Ares II

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Handing Off the Ares II

Postby SaintB » Fri May 15, 2009 3:16 am

Originally Printed in The Dalataire Times, May 15,2009, Constitutional State of Goldaron

Fson Takes Over Ares II Production
Last night it was announced by Parliament that the production, sale, and all other rights to the Ares II Rifle where being granted to the Principality of Fson. In addition the Principality has purchased the remaining stocks of Ares II rifles (more than 2 million weapons) to become the new weapon of choice for their Army. According to the press release all old stocks of these rifles, as well as the remaining machinery to make them, production rights, and rights of sale are being transferred over to Fson on a date unspecified by the Government. In the past the Government of Goldaron has aided Fson in its continuing program of military enrichment known as the Gratzika by allowing them to fund the research and construction of new weapons while using the facilities of STW Incorporated, the nation's government controlled weapons manufacturer and research corporation. Weapons such as the Scorpion Battle Rifle, Manelli Type 30, 42 and Thunderbolt where built as a result of this partnership.

The Ares II Assault Rifle was developed in 1979 by what was then Infantry Systems of Goldaron as an upgraded model of the original Ares Assault Rifle, derived from the AUG, it was the principle weapon used during the civil wars that lasted from the early 1980's until 1994. By 2006 the Ares III was becoming the prominent weapon in Goldaron's military forces and the outmoded Ares II was reduced to export status. In June of 2008 despite production rights being purchased by a dozen nations production of the Ares II was completely halted to make room for production facilities geared toward making the Ares III who as of now is used in at least 30 nations across the world.

The agreement between the Constitutional State of Goldaron and the The Principality of Fson awards $500 Million USD and the Rights of Sale for the Manelli Thunderbolt to Goldaron.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

The Worst Nation Possible
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Worst Nation Possible » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:44 pm

OOC: Can i join?

Return to International Incidents