NATION

PASSWORD

American City states (PMT, Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:15 pm

North Breifne wrote:With the Ohioans rushing to push through Ohio and Indiana, the New Yorkers speed their march north hoping to conquer as much land as possible before they are shut out by Ohio, while they know that the full conquest of the state is not possible, they do know that they are beater equipped for this situation and use that to their advantage, sending light scouting parties ahead to constantly know of the other's position, the last thing the New Yorkers wanted was a conflict with another organized city-state.

The Pennsylvanian President Ken Mazak sat in New York City, waiting for the Yorkians response on the offer
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Empire of Symphonia
Minister

Founded: Jul 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Symphonia » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:38 pm

Finnish North America wrote:Dear USA,
Our Representatives and Senators have arrived. We are requesting permission to advance to the Gulf of Mexico. Although it is going to be kind of hard now that you have taken the area around St. Louis. But we will advance around you and head to southern Louisiana.

OOC: I will have taken all of Illinois and Iowa by the end of tomorrow.

To: The State of Superior

You have to support of the United States government behind you. Feel free to use St. Louis as a refueling base as your march south. An extra mission for the state of Superior: Please take over as much of the Great Plains as possible. Taking Kansas and Oklahoma will secure the US and her states with an abundant supply of food.
Self-described centrist
Likes: Western democracy, capitalism, the Queen, Japan, Republic of China
Dislikes: Religious fundamentalism; discrimination based on sexuality, race, gender, and religion
My Political Compass

Please call me Symph. Please excuse me for lapses in GE&T. I'm a busy person too.

Empire of Symphonia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Symphonia » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:50 pm

Imperial-phoenix wrote:
Empire of Symphonia wrote:
A Japanese woman stepped forward while all the guards in the room turned toward her and saluted.

"I am Secretary of State Amy Yamaha," she said with a stern voice,"What request have you asked of the United states government?"

"Ah Mrs Yamaha, nice to meet you, now, I have requested that the US send aid money, and training to the Republican party, as well as our allies to help depose the current Imperial government of Phoenix, as for the issue of support, almost all the serfs (60% of people) and 1/4 of the rich men (Rich men, 40% of pop) support us, as I speak, small riots are breaking out in phoenix. Also, if you choose to support us, we will consider rejoining the USA, or at the very least having a republic with pro US policies."

Airspace over the Great Plains, heading to Washington via St. Louis

Mrs. Yamaha smiled and replied with a glad tone.
"The United States will be more than happy to help the people of Arizona regain their freedom and escape the disgrace of slavery," she said,"I can arrainge for several training missions in the St. Louis Military Base for members of the Arizona Republican Party."
"As for financial support, the President will be needed to oversea such process," Secretary Amy said,"You will need to come to Washington for such proceedings to happen."

Pulling out several stacks of paperwork, the Secretary of State handed the Arizonan the processes needed to gain entry to the Preisent of the United States.

"You might think it is unnessesary," Amy said,"But we are quite paronoid about possible asassinations of the President. Please fill out the paperwork and turn it into the Department of Homeland Security. They will recognize this and send you directly to the White House."

"As for your training missions," Amy finalized,"You should begin calling possible volunteers to meet at Terminal 3, Gate A1 of San Fransisco Intl' Airport. Transports will fly directly to St. Louis."
Self-described centrist
Dislikes: Religious fundamentalism; discrimination based on sexuality, race, gender, and religion
My Political Compass

Please call me Symph. Please excuse me for lapses in GE&T. I'm a busy person too.

Grasmere
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Grasmere » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:39 pm

Fred Meyers had just ratified Operation Cornhusker, involving the annexation of Nebraska, for agricultural purposes. "This will be our last major expansion. After, we will focus on growing a population.

The soldiers began the same, parading through the little cities, handing out the chocolate, liquor and bubble gum. In Omaha, the soldiers were greeted by a massive public procession, with food and hotel rooms being offered to each 'soldier'. It was a fairly easy job, and one that paid quite well.

OOC: Please give me Nebraska on the map. Leave Cheyennes claim on there please ( in the southwest corner)

Ah hah hah, lies my friend. What brought the Germans forward to almost pure domination of europe? Their "pathetic" technologies. We base many of our attacks and strategies upon WWII and WWI ways of fighting.

Well congrats then. Your armies will last about an hour in a modern battlefield.

MAKE LOVE LOUDLY
MAKE WAR SILENTLY

Osthian Peace Conference: Won
Jazanian Conflict:Lost
Assasination of Osthian Empress:
Lost
Yukodian war of independence: Won
Polarex-Zonolian War: Withdrew
Second Grasmeran Civil War: Won

Sucrati
Senator

Founded: Jun 05, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sucrati » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:55 pm

Border of Florida, South of Valdosta GA

The resistance had fallen, with the majority of GA under the control of the Federation, it was time to secure the borders.

Tallahassee Florida

The 111th airborne and 294th airborne divisions landed throughout the city, securing needed positions in the florida panhandle, several fleets of Bobcat LAVs and Viper LBTs were paradropped to specified positions.

Tampa/St Petersburg Florida

The 292nd, 599th, 693rd airborne divisions landed in the metro area, tanks and other vehicles were dropped along with supplies, meanwhile a Zarisan Naval Force was heading towards Miami and Key West...
Economic Left/Right: 7.12; Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.92
George Washington wrote:"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Imperial-phoenix
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial-phoenix » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Imperial-phoenix wrote:
"Ah Mrs Yamaha, nice to meet you, now, I have requested that the US send aid money, and training to the Republican party, as well as our allies to help depose the current Imperial government of Phoenix, as for the issue of support, almost all the serfs (60% of people) and 1/4 of the rich men (Rich men, 40% of pop) support us, as I speak, small riots are breaking out in phoenix. Also, if you choose to support us, we will consider rejoining the USA, or at the very least having a republic with pro US policies."

"The United States will be more than happy to help the people of Arizona regain their freedom and escape the disgrace of slavery," she said,"I can arrainge for several training missions in the St. Louis Military Base for members of the Arizona Republican Party."
"As for financial support, the President will be needed to oversea such process," Secretary Amy said,"You will need to come to Washington for such proceedings to happen."

Pulling out several stacks of paperwork, the Secretary of State handed the Arizonan the processes needed to gain entry to the Preisent of the United States.

"You might think it is unnessesary," Amy said,"But we are quite paronoid about possible asassinations of the President. Please fill out the paperwork and turn it into the Department of Homeland Security. They will recognize this and send you directly to the White House."

"As for your training missions," Amy finalized,"You should begin calling possible volunteers to meet at Terminal 3, Gate A1 of San Fransisco Intl' Airport. Transports will fly directly to St. Louis."

John began to sign the papers handed to him.
" I would be delighted to meet your president" he said "I hope I get to meet him, how long until we reach Washington DC?"

O Boyce
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby O Boyce » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:09 pm

Outside Spokane Washington, now Capital of The Free Republic of Washington, Airway heights

Irving Tyrell stuck his head out of the cupola of the M1 Abrams tank that he was personally in command of. He was tasked by the senate of the Free Republic to take charge of any and all free land in the area that had no leader or under the control of some other city state. Being a veteran of the civil war that had raged for so long he was damn glad to be doing something other than sitting behind a desk and collecting dust. He was not the only commander on this particular mission. Although he belived his was going to be the riskier. Rumor said that there was some kind of government out of Seattle that was setting up shop on the coast. Now, being a native of the area Irving was just as happy to support the Senate in Spokane, considering this is where he had lived for a long time, and trusted these people better than the crazy city folk that lived on the coast.

Many thoughts were crossing his mind as the column he was heading rumbled down I-90 towards Moses Lake. His plan was to reach towards Moses Lake, perhaps secure some of the farming towns around there such as Odessa and Lind. It was important to take control of all the farmland so that the Republic would have the food necessary to feed all of those that lived within it’s borders. He was also tasked with taking the damn nearby in the Cascade foothills. Several other columns were on their way out as well. One going south into eastern Oregon, their final destination to be Pendleton, Another going southwest and stopping at Kennewick, and a third moving north of Spokane stopping at Coleville up north near the Canadian border.

Irving would preferred to be on this mission anyway, instead of setting up the defenses of Spokane since it sat so close to the border of Idaho, now under the rule of a mysterious nation that the senate had heard little about.
Proud Barony of the Galactic Empire
FT: Pokosian Commonwealth
MT: Commonwealth of O Boyce
"I got caught making out with a bowl of cherries, by my husband, he is an oninon"
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=43634
FT Factbook

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:01 pm

(Lol, forgot this thread, will post soon)
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Minnysota
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:00 pm

President Thompson was ready to reveal the US government officially gaining control over Hawaii. He sat in his chair, laughing at the thought of the city-states warring with each other while the United States sat back in secrecy and made Hawaii more powerful than ever.

While the city-states warred with each other, Thompson devised a plan to keep the identity of the United States a secret and ally with city-states on the West Coast, then to betray them and take huge sums of their land.

Code: Select all
To: Various City-States of California
We would like to establish trade and alliance with your territories so we can grow larger and more powerful than the Midwestern and Eastern city-states, and overthrow them!
Minnysota - Unjustly Deleted

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:45 pm

To:The Provisional United States of America
As you no doubt know Southern California is under a brutal and illeagal Chinese ocupation. We have given the Chinese 30 days to leave California after which we intend to destroy key areas of the Chinese homeland. We have jail-broken several of our ICBMs however it will be far easier if you were to hand over launch codes. We will back your regime as the rightful goverment of the US if you assist us. We also desprately need renforcements in order to wage a conventional war if the Chinese launch a pre-emptive strike against our complex. We will be sending a 737 with a represenitive to Dulles International Airport upon confirmation that you have recived this message.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Finnish North America
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Finnish North America » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:18 pm

After the success of taking Illinois and Iowa the State of Superior stops to refuel its army in St. Louis. It will now head west to Kansas and Missouri. It will secure for the United States of America the Great Plains and give them shoreline on the Gulf. For tonight the soldiers enjoy their well deserved rest in St. Louis, Tomorrow they roll into Kansas and Missouri and do so with the full backing of the US Gov't. To aid with this the military will send two new battalions to support the Battle hardened and weary soldiers of our great state. They will be named the 5th and 6th battalions and they will be assigned to Kansas and Missouri respectively. A group of engineers will be working hard to rebuild bridges over the Mississippi.

The State of Superior does not recognize the people in Hawaii claiming to be the US Gov't. We only report to Washington.
Last edited by Finnish North America on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nations on which we have halted trade with:
Russame
Neucom INC
Jbeil

Grasmere
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Grasmere » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:25 pm

The Unified Western States, in alignment with the United States of America, will be sending troops to also annexe parts or all of Kansas. Perhaps we could arrange a deal with the state of superior.

"Mr. Meyers, I can arrange a call to the State of Superior immeditately" said Fred Meyers sprucey and fresh assistant. Meyers dragged his face off his desk and straightened up. He had been up until four o'clock in the morning dealing with passports and I.D. for the United States. Fred put on a sarcastic smile and attitude as he said "No, Molly, get me a coffee and a nice breakfast bagel from that little bakery down the road. I am in no state to conduct diplomacy." Secretly, Meyers was excited. He had barely conducted any diplomacy in his rule, save from the Nuke negotiations with Cheyenne and joining the U.S. again. Finally, he could make concrete conversation with another leader. He decided he would send Molly out for a bottle of Champagne after the agreements.

Molly returned ten minutes later, with a warm coffee and a cheese-filled bagel. "Also, sir, General Ford sent in a communique from Idaho last night. He reconned Operation Space Needle. Should I give him the go-ahead?" Fred sat back and thought for a second. "Yes, but if there is any smidge of resistance pull out. After we annexe Kansas, we'll have a stronger force."

OPERATION SPACE NEEDLE

Objective: Capture in it's entirety the former state of Washington and it's capital Seattle, to increase population and enhance economy.

OOC: Unless the Seattle person begs back in, I'll go on through with this. Don't put it on the map yet, though.
Last edited by Grasmere on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ah hah hah, lies my friend. What brought the Germans forward to almost pure domination of europe? Their "pathetic" technologies. We base many of our attacks and strategies upon WWII and WWI ways of fighting.

Well congrats then. Your armies will last about an hour in a modern battlefield.

MAKE LOVE LOUDLY
MAKE WAR SILENTLY

Lost

Finnish North America
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Finnish North America » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:07 pm

Hearing of the Unified Westerns states plans to take Kansas, The State of Superior has decided to let them take it. We are moving our spare troops into Minnesota and Detroit as those City States have gone Kaput. Our focus now is on Missouri and Arkansas. I do not wish to spark rivalry inside the US's new states.
Nations on which we have halted trade with:
Russame
Neucom INC
Jbeil

Imperial-phoenix
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial-phoenix » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:09 pm

Grasmere wrote:The Unified Western States, in alignment with the United States of America, will be sending troops to also annexe parts or all of Kansas. Perhaps we could arrange a deal with the state of superior.

"Mr. Meyers, I can arrange a call to the State of Superior immeditately" said Fred Meyers sprucey and fresh assistant. Meyers dragged his face off his desk and straightened up. He had been up until four o'clock in the morning dealing with passports and I.D. for the United States. Fred put on a sarcastic smile and attitude as he said "No, Molly, get me a coffee and a nice breakfast bagel from that little bakery down the road. I am in no state to conduct diplomacy." Secretly, Meyers was excited. He had barely conducted any diplomacy in his rule, save from the Nuke negotiations with Cheyenne and joining the U.S. again. Finally, he could make concrete conversation with another leader. He decided he would send Molly out for a bottle of Champagne after the agreements.

Molly returned ten minutes later, with a warm coffee and a cheese-filled bagel. "Also, sir, General Ford sent in a communique from Idaho last night. He reconned Operation Space Needle. Should I give him the go-ahead?" Fred sat back and thought for a second. "Yes, but if there is any smidge of resistance pull out. After we annexe Kansas, we'll have a stronger force."

OPERATION SPACE NEEDLE

Objective: Capture in it's entirety the former state of Washington and it's capital Seattle, to increase population and enhance economy.

OOC: Unless the Seattle person begs back in, I'll go on through with this. Don't put it on the map yet, though.

OOC: The capitol of Washington state is Olympia, not Seattle.(I live here, I should know)

Sucrati
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sucrati » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:11 pm

Imperial-phoenix wrote:
Grasmere wrote:The Unified Western States, in alignment with the United States of America, will be sending troops to also annexe parts or all of Kansas. Perhaps we could arrange a deal with the state of superior.

OPERATION SPACE NEEDLE

OOC: The capitol of Washington state is Olympia, not Seattle.(I live here, I should know)

Geography Fail X3
George Washington wrote:"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

O Boyce
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby O Boyce » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:11 pm

Imperial-phoenix wrote:

OPERATION SPACE NEEDLE

that and I have holdings in washington and oregon
"I got caught making out with a bowl of cherries, by my husband, he is an oninon"
FT Factbook

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:12 pm

O Boyce wrote:
Imperial-phoenix wrote:

(You do? I'm bloody trying to control Oregon!)
Last edited by Nightkill the Emperor on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

O Boyce
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby O Boyce » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:13 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
O Boyce wrote:

(You do? I'm bloody trying to control Oregon!)

Pendleton
FT Factbook

Imperial-phoenix
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial-phoenix » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:15 pm

OOC:Well guys, the whole point of the RP is war between city states, looks like its a war for Washington then.

Sucrati
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sucrati » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:16 pm

Southern Florida

Landing Craft took the city and the surrounding metro area by storm, troops stormed in, only to find the city fighting between separatists and Cuba, who had taken Miami, Key West and the remaining parts of southern Florida as well, the Federation of Zarisa decided to help the separatists out, and hopefully bring the southern half of Florida under a secure flag.

Panhandle of Florida

The Gulf of Mexico was in finally in sight, the troops cheered as their goal, out of many had been accomplished.

Tampa Florida

The Cuban military forces were about to strike, with the local militias notified about the inbounds, the Zarisan troops stayed to help secure the metro area.
Last edited by Sucrati on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Power and Stability
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Power and Stability » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:18 pm

Official Update
In order to defend it's borders, there has been a massive amount of soldiesr being moved to the eastern part of St. Anthony's empire
The People's Union

Grasmere
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Grasmere » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:25 pm

Fred Meyers, seeing the unrest his new conquest of Washington was creating, sent a message to the United States, hoping for support.

To: Allan Foyer and Congress

Hello,

As you may be aware of, I am currently in the process of attempting to annexe the state of Washington, to increase the population, strengthen our economy and have a larger and more diverse opinion in Congress. I ask for the support of the United States in these actions, for as I am aware at least two other "states" have laid claim to Washington.

Sincerely,

Fred Meyers

OOC: Oops, sorry about the geography stupidity there.

MAKE LOVE LOUDLY
MAKE WAR SILENTLY

Lost

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:26 pm

The Portland Empire realized the resources Newport had to offer. Hundreds of men started moving into Newport, determined to take it.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Grasmere
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Grasmere » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:34 pm

DISREGARD
Last edited by Grasmere on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

MAKE LOVE LOUDLY
MAKE WAR SILENTLY

Lost

Empire of Symphonia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Symphonia » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:55 pm

The Corparation wrote:

To:The Provisional United States of America
As you no doubt know Southern California is under a brutal and illeagal Chinese ocupation. We have given the Chinese 30 days to leave California after which we intend to destroy key areas of the Chinese homeland. We have jail-broken several of our ICBMs however it will be far easier if you were to hand over launch codes. We will back your regime as the rightful goverment of the US if you assist us. We also desprately need renforcements in order to wage a conventional war if the Chinese launch a pre-emptive strike against our complex. We will be sending a 737 with a represenitive to Dulles International Airport upon confirmation that you have recived this message.

To: General Ripper USAF

Dear General Ripper,

The United States Government believes your current hostilities against the People's Republic of China is unnessesary and unreasonable. The US government has requested that the PRC remain as a peacekeeping force in the city of Los Angeles and not continue to expand into US territory.
The United States Government will give you extra supplies, military weapons/goods, and a contingent of the US Marines.
However, the United States Government believes that the USAF is better trying to destroy the Holy Empire of Phoenix as Phoenix has openly refused to rejoin the American government. Or possibly eliminating the Kingdom of Vegas.

Grasmere wrote:Fred Meyers, seeing the unrest his new conquest of Washington was creating, sent a message to the United States, hoping for support.

To: Allan Foyer and Congress

Hello,

As you may be aware of, I am currently in the process of attempting to annexe the state of Washington, to increase the population, strengthen our economy and have a larger and more diverse opinion in Congress. I ask for the support of the United States in these actions, for as I am aware at least two other "states" have laid claim to Washington.

Sincerely,

Fred Meyers

OOC: Oops, sorry about the geography stupidity there.

To: Fred Meyers of the Unified Western States

The United States government offical supports your claim to the state of Washington due to no responses by the Russian forces in the area and the fact the rebel area of Oregon continues to defy US demands of reunification. Should supplies be needed, please request as soon as possible. Supplies will be flown out of St. Louis to area of specification.
Imperial-phoenix wrote:

John began to sign the papers handed to him.
" I would be delighted to meet your president" he said "I hope I get to meet him, how long until we reach Washington DC?"

Just as the Arizona Republican was asking the question, the plane began to slowly descend.

"And this would be our first transfer stop," said Amy,"Please follow me to the next plane when this aircraft stops at the terminal. A few minutes and after a bumpy landing, the plane stopped at the gate.
Rapidly disembarking, the group left the aircraft and entered a restricted area.

Security guards waved them through and the group entered a private gate. At the other side, sat the famous Boeing 747.....Air Force 1.

Amy smiled and said: "After you".
Self-described centrist
My Political Compass

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents