NATION

PASSWORD

Lusitanian Civil War (closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:40 pm

Derpeda wrote:Alright, the plan I propose is the movement of our naval fleet into the bay of Lisbonburg, and began the bombardment as per the proposition of the Steel Fraternity.

In sync with the movement of our fleet, we should begin to move our infantry into the area of Castle Longdon.

Derpedians supported by the P&S infantry from the west, LLF from the north, and the Paladins from the air, as per the usual. The T-2010's should smash up through the south shortly after my men engage the enemy alongside the P&S boys and the LLf.

OOC: We took Castle Loungdon last night.

The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:52 pm

OOC: Runeshire, Phillinshire, and Nova Portuga are all still in Monarchist hands. If we were to hit one of those, my vote would be for Phillinshire, given its location.

I don't know how many people we'll have tonight, though. It looks right now like Power and Stability and New Lusitaniagrad are both offline.

Derpeda
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Derpeda » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:56 pm

OOC: Yeah, New Lusitaniagrad may be around though. We've got a few minutes yet. Don't think he'd miss his own civil war. Also, I just came into possession of nuclear warheads. Might be able to spice things up a little should everything go downhill. Not that I expect us to lose.

The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:59 pm

Derpeda wrote:OOC: Yeah, New Lusitaniagrad may be around though. We've got a few minutes yet. Don't think he'd miss his own civil war. Also, I just came into possession of nuclear warheads. Might be able to spice things up a little should everything go downhill. Not that I expect us to lose.

OOC: Thus far it has mostly been a cakewalk. If things do go that badly south, I RP with nuclear-armed submarines. I wouldn't like to use nukes though because 1) the whole point of this war is to deliver Lusitaniagrad to its democratic government, not reduce the whole place to radioactive ashes, and 2) I joined NS this week, so I don't want to start off trying to throw weight around as a nuclear superpower.

Derpeda
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Derpeda » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:05 pm

OOC: Thus far it has mostly been a cakewalk. If things do go that badly south, I RP with nuclear-armed submarines. I wouldn't like to use nukes though because 1) the whole point of this war is to deliver Lusitaniagrad to its democratic government, not reduce the whole place to radioactive ashes, and 2) I joined NS this week, so I don't want to start off trying to throw weight around as a nuclear superpower.

OOC: Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I've been really careful myself with what my military is capable of. It only totals some 120 000 men and women if you check my fact book. For some reason I was traded 1500 B-52's, but haven't dared try and deploy them. Logistical nightmare, not to mention that's like, 3x more then I have of fighters. The way I see it, is if there is a post that shows the trade take place, then those units now exist and are usable. I don't suddenly make up the units to toss in my military, I purchase the hardware, etc etc.

The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:16 pm

Derpeda wrote:

OOC: Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I've been really careful myself with what my military is capable of. It only totals some 120 000 men and women if you check my fact book. For some reason I was traded 1500 B-52's, but haven't dared try and deploy them. Logistical nightmare, not to mention that's like, 3x more then I have of fighters. The way I see it, is if there is a post that shows the trade take place, then those units now exist and are usable. I don't suddenly make up the units to toss in my military, I purchase the hardware, etc etc.

OOC: That makes sense. I just wanted to jump in RPing with units I thought were cool, but I try to balance that out by making them correspondingly impractical. Like tanks that are huge, but because they're huge deploying them takes months, and even once they are deployed most terrain is inaccessible to them. Or Paladin's which are PMT power-armored commandoes who are horrendously vulnerable to enemy air units, too heavy to operate in swamps or enter most buildings, and so expensive that the loss of even one is a major blow.

Derpeda
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Derpeda » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:20 pm

OOC: That makes sense. I just wanted to jump in RPing with units I thought were cool, but I try to balance that out by making them correspondingly impractical. Like tanks that are huge, but because they're huge deploying them takes months, and even once they are deployed most terrain is inaccessible to them. Or Paladin's which are PMT power-armored commandoes who are horrendously vulnerable to enemy air units, too heavy to operate in swamps or enter most buildings, and so expensive that the loss of even one is a major blow.

OOC: Oh yeah, I have loads of fun designing the hardware, coming up with the specs and stuff. Makes things interesting. I've also learned loads about how things like ships are designed and what roles they play in the navy and such. It's especially interesting for me because I'm actually in the military, and I'm learning how others view how the military machine works, etc.

The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:24 pm

Derpeda wrote:

OOC: Oh yeah, I have loads of fun designing the hardware, coming up with the specs and stuff. Makes things interesting. I've also learned loads about how things like ships are designed and what roles they play in the navy and such. It's especially interesting for me because I'm actually in the military, and I'm learning how others view how the military machine works, etc.

OOC: What branch? I'm going to be doing Army ROTC in college starting this fall.

Derpeda
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Derpeda » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:27 pm

OOC: What branch? I'm going to be doing Army ROTC in college starting this fall.

I'm with the Canadian Armed Forces, land. RMS Clerk ( lol desk job ) but we're all cross trained so I get my gun-time in. The ROTC program here rocks, don't know where you're from so I can't really comment on yours.

The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:42 pm

Derpeda wrote:

I'm with the Canadian Armed Forces, land. RMS Clerk ( lol desk job ) but we're all cross trained so I get my gun-time in. The ROTC program here rocks, don't know where you're from so I can't really comment on yours.

OOC: United States. I don't really know anything about the Canadian ROTC, and I haven't started here yet, so I wouldn't have any idea how they stack up either.

Derpeda
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Derpeda » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:34 am

The Republic of Derpeda
Ministry of Defense

In response to the increasing threat level to our task force off the coast of New Lusitaniagrad, we have authorized the frigate Crossbreeze to join the Derpedian Naval Task Force under the command of Captain Pheric.

Floyd Hortons
Ministry of Defense

Power and Stability
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Power and Stability » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:14 pm

The Republic of Derpeda
Ministry of Defense

In response to the increasing threat level to our task force off the coast of New Lusitaniagrad, we have authorized the frigate Crossbreeze to join the Derpedian Naval Task Force under the command of Captain Pheric.

Floyd Hortons
Ministry of Defense

In order to accomplish Allied plans of capturing the monarch capital, the Ministry of Defense of Power and Stability will be sending 50,000 troops to New Lusitaniagrad.

Power and Stability
Ministry of Defense
Last edited by Power and Stability on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.
The People's Union

Crystillaeia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Crystillaeia » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:01 pm

OOC: so, it's gotten to naval/amphibious? that means it's time for me to go...

New Lusitaniagrad
Minister

Founded: Dec 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Lusitaniagrad » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:55 am

OOC: Please wait untill I get back in a few days before you begin any more assults, however if you guys want to take Runeshire while I am gone that is fine. As for Crystillaeia your tanks can hit them from the back while the LLF and Allied ground forces go on the water so we get em from both sides.
Dammed Marxists running about buggering sheep, and other such mischief. We really must do something about that.
-Emperor Ulric VII, Father of The Lusitanian People

Derpeda
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Derpeda » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:47 pm

OOC: okay guys, I'm leaving for my course and will be gone throughout the week. I'll be trying to check in every now and then.

Crystillaeia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Crystillaeia » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:37 pm

New Lusitaniagrad wrote:OOC: Please wait untill I get back in a few days before you begin any more assults, however if you guys want to take Runeshire while I am gone that is fine. As for Crystillaeia your tanks can hit them from the back while the LLF and Allied ground forces go on the water so we get em from both sides.

how are you going to get a tank weighing in at 63 tons across water without a bridge, much less 35, much less 40,000 total?

New Lusitaniagrad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Lusitaniagrad » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:53 am

New Lusitaniagrad wrote:OOC: Please wait untill I get back in a few days before you begin any more assults, however if you guys want to take Runeshire while I am gone that is fine. As for Crystillaeia your tanks can hit them from the back while the LLF and Allied ground forces go on the water so we get em from both sides.

OOC: I am back from the beach do you guys want to assult Lisbonburg tonight?
Dammed Marxists running about buggering sheep, and other such mischief. We really must do something about that.

New Lusitaniagrad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Lusitaniagrad » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:08 pm

**BUMP**

Power and Stability
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Power and Stability » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:02 pm

I think you might need to telegram all of us . Also, an agreed date between all of us on when to start the assault might be nice.
The People's Union

Crystillaeia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Crystillaeia » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:08 pm

Power and Stability wrote:I think you might need to telegram all of us . Also, an agreed date between all of us on when to start the assault might be nice.

sorry, but I have to pull out. there's a nation breathing down my neck atm.

Daemonheart
Envoy

Founded: Jul 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Daemonheart » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:25 pm

I might need to pull a couple thousand men of mine out. I'm helping Reformed South Vietnam fight Commies.
the Glorious Ozzy-Worshipping Head Worshipper of Ozzy Osbourne
RIP Forum 7: ????-February 17th, 2011
[5]: Peace
4: Slightly Lowered Peace
3: Slight Unrest
2: Moderate Unrest
1: Civil Unrest/War

Daemonheart
Envoy

Founded: Jul 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Daemonheart » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:59 pm

Soooo... is the war over? :eyebrow:
the Glorious Ozzy-Worshipping Head Worshipper of Ozzy Osbourne
RIP Forum 7: ????-February 17th, 2011
[5]: Peace
4: Slightly Lowered Peace
3: Slight Unrest
2: Moderate Unrest
1: Civil Unrest/War

New Lusitaniagrad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Lusitaniagrad » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:04 pm

Yes, due to the Republican's delayed actions (OOC reasons, I want to remain a monarchy) the Imperial Forces were able to reorganize, and obliterate the republicans.
Last edited by New Lusitaniagrad on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Power and Stability
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Power and Stability » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:10 pm

It's a shame, this looked like a really cool war
The People's Union

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents