NATION

PASSWORD

OOC Interest Thread (Open to Judea members and invites only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:09 am

Hobit, welcome back. I've got a lot on in terms of NS at the minute but I've certainly got enough time for an old buddy :p - I'll be on the Militaristic Kingdom's side.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Ewa beach
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ewa beach » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:12 am

I don't think anyone invited Osthia, am I right?
KINGDOM OF EWA BEACH
POPULATION CAP: 41,326,984
Can you move like Bernie?

Arivada
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arivada » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:17 am

Correct.
Army-40,000,000
National Guard-5,000,000
Marine Corp Rangers-5,000,000
States Milita-5,000,000
Navy-1,200 ships, 5 Million Personnel
Air Force-12,000 Planes, 5 million personnel

Ewa beach
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ewa beach » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:26 am

Then why in the world did he post?
KINGDOM OF EWA BEACH
POPULATION CAP: 41,326,984
Can you move like Bernie?

Arivada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arivada » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:27 am

I wouldn't know.
Army-40,000,000
National Guard-5,000,000
States Milita-5,000,000

Hobit
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobit » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:33 am

Ewa beach wrote:I don't think anyone invited Osthia, am I right?

NEver even contacted him.
Capital: San Cristóbal
Leader: King Henri IV
Economic Left/Right: -2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.23
Guanzhong wrote:
Albrante wrote: :rofl:
Kind of odd calling someone a martyr when you kill him :lol:

We made him a martyr for you and all you do is complain! The nerve of some people!
Teccor wrote:-snip-
Uni, calm the fuck down. If you can't, stand up from your keyboard and go outside for a bit.

Arivada, get off this thread. You honestly don't belong here. Solm has an interest talking to you about your ideas, so TG him.

NCR, you're not helping.

Hobit...Just keep being awesome. I can't ever think of a bad thing to say about you. :p

Arivada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arivada » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:37 am

Hobit wrote:

While I am thinking about it, when does Combat start?
Army-40,000,000
National Guard-5,000,000
States Milita-5,000,000

Hobit
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobit » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:59 am

Arivada wrote:
Hobit wrote:

While I am thinking about it, when does Combat start?

When ever you want. The monarchists are about to attack the militaristic kingdom's forces in the north.
Guanzhong wrote:

We made him a martyr for you and all you do is complain! The nerve of some people!
Uni, calm the fuck down. If you can't, stand up from your keyboard and go outside for a bit.

Arivada, get off this thread. You honestly don't belong here. Solm has an interest talking to you about your ideas, so TG him.

NCR, you're not helping.

Hobit...Just keep being awesome. I can't ever think of a bad thing to say about you. :p

Guanzhong
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Guanzhong » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:25 pm

I am launching a nominally-semi-humanitarian mission to retrieve Guanzhongese diplomatic personnel in the midst of the civil war, and will take any other foreign diplomats who desire it to safety in Yuanhai Province (my Judean holding), this could turn into a side character RP between our respective diplomats.

The other side of the story is that intelligence officers will be traveling with my army trying to establish contacts within all of the factions, ultimately in support of the FDR. Again, more character RP opportunities.
A Single Spark Can Light a Prairie Fire.
Embassies|Factbook
Member: COMINTERN, Serovskya Pact, SLU

Hobit
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobit » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Guanzhong wrote:I am launching a nominally-semi-humanitarian mission to retrieve Guanzhongese diplomatic personnel in the midst of the civil war, and will take any other foreign diplomats who desire it to safety in Yuanhai Province (my Judean holding), this could turn into a side character RP between our respective diplomats.

The other side of the story is that intelligence officers will be traveling with my army trying to establish contacts within all of the factions, ultimately in support of the FDR. Again, more character RP opportunities.

And let's not forgot that the Guanzhongese businesses are fronts for the spy ring.
Guanzhong wrote:

NCR, you're not helping.

Albrante
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrante » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:59 pm

Speaking of the King, he is no more. God received his soul only minutes ago. He died of wounds he obtained from martyrdom.

:rofl:
The Ambrosian Kingdom of the Crown and People of Albrante
------------Fortuna-Supra-Prospectum-Sita-Est-------------

Guanzhong
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Guanzhong » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:18 pm

Albrante wrote:
Speaking of the King, he is no more. God received his soul only minutes ago. He died of wounds he obtained from martyrdom.

Embassies|Factbook

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:44 pm

Guanzhong wrote:
Albrante wrote:

I am the mighty Uni.

Tiami wrote:I bow before the mighty Uni.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:If it shocked Uni, I know I don't want to read it.
You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

Katganistan wrote:That is fucking stupid.

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Neo Arcad wrote:Uni doesn't sleep. She waits.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Collector: "Why are these coins all sticky?"

Hobit
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobit » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:45 pm

Guanzhong wrote:
Albrante wrote:

Sigged! :lol:
Guanzhong wrote:

NCR, you're not helping.

Guanzhong
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Guanzhong » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:21 pm

Anyone want to hole up in my embassy?. All Guanzhongese embassies in Judea are generally built to a high standard regarding security, and many of your diplomatic personnel are likely in danger due to the fact that you are not only at war, but refuse to legitimize their government.
Embassies|Factbook

Albrante
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrante » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:42 am

Grrrrr, wrote up an epic long post but deleted it :(
I'll rewrite and post soon.

Albrante
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrante » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:39 am

Guanzhong wrote:Anyone want to hole up in my embassy?. All Guanzhongese embassies in Judea are generally built to a high standard regarding security, and many of your diplomatic personnel are likely in danger due to the fact that you are not only at war, but refuse to legitimize their government.

I had never thought about that :meh:
Best mobilize the black ops teams...

Albrante
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrante » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:18 pm

Just a question Tyrannia are you transporting your 40,000 soldiers using military or civilian planes?

Hobit
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobit » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:26 pm

I don't know what he's doing but I'm transporting his troops to the base outside of Avignon via tour bus.
Guanzhong wrote:

NCR, you're not helping.

Narcidia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Narcidia » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:35 pm

One would assume civilian as to avoid detection. Or perhaps military because he just doesn't fear you.
The Empire of Narcidia

So ruled by Saero, God-Emperor of Narcidia

Smile always, as it irritates those who wish to destroy you.

Medieval Fantasy Only
Most Beloved Personality of Estainia

Hobit
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobit » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:15 pm

Narcidia wrote:One would assume civilian as to avoid detection. Or perhaps military because he just doesn't fear you.

I know Ford doesn't fear the Solmian and Ewacian militaries. He believes that the Hobitan army is strong enough. And after this thread I plan on making Hobit more assertive and punishing and pressuring Ewa's government into allowing more freedoms.
Guanzhong wrote:

NCR, you're not helping.

Narcidia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Narcidia » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:37 pm

Hobit wrote:
Narcidia wrote:One would assume civilian as to avoid detection. Or perhaps military because he just doesn't fear you.

I know Ford doesn't fear the Solmian and Ewacian militaries. He believes that the Hobitan army is strong enough. And after this thread I plan on making Hobit more assertive and punishing and pressuring Ewa's government into allowing more freedoms.

Neither does Merlin so they're together in that.
The Empire of Narcidia

Medieval Fantasy Only

Hobit
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobit » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:05 pm

Narcidia wrote:
Hobit wrote:

But I have a feeling that the MK will loose cuz as I just stated in the IC thread, no Hobitan would fight in the cities or sacrifice any item that is considered to be valuable to Hobitan history or culture.
Guanzhong wrote:

NCR, you're not helping.

Narcidia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Narcidia » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:15 pm

Hobit wrote:
Narcidia wrote:
Hobit wrote:

But I have a feeling that the MK will loose cuz as I just stated in the IC thread, no Hobitan would fight in the cities or sacrifice any item that is considered to be valuable to Hobitan history or culture.

We've something in common then. The Battlefield is not your home or your place of business. It is a field away from those places to preserve them.
The Empire of Narcidia

Medieval Fantasy Only

Hobit
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobit » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:24 pm

Narcidia wrote:
Hobit wrote:
Narcidia wrote:
Hobit wrote:

We've something in common then. The Battlefield is not your home or your place of business. It is a field away from those places to preserve them.

Exactly. Usually when we surrender, one condition is that the victors pay for all damage to cultural items and pay for 5% of the upkeep of the building or item.
EDIT: I just can't bring myself to destroying the culture and history that is in these cities. To destroy a beautiful and old building in Hobit is worse than murder, because you just killed a piece of irreplaceable history.
Last edited by Hobit on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guanzhong wrote:

NCR, you're not helping.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents